infinity

Inflation of donation !

67 posts in this topic

I used to be active few years back under the name(Harpo).

I am surprised of the inflation of donation requested.

This is Denver not Manhattan or Beverly Hills!

Rates are up everywhere.  If the ladies were not getting the higher donations, they would either lower the ask, or leave the biz.

Sad thing is if you start looking for specific cities on different sites (outside of tob), donations seem to be lower for cities where the cost of living is higher than Denver. It’s definitely a luxury nowadays 

Three is the new four, five is the new seven.  As many have stated before, if you want to see a certain lady, and donation was your point of contention, see her sooner than later.  I've only seen a few ladies who have dropped their donation...and they are not well reviewed!

23 hours ago, Just Jos said:

Pussy has always been a luxury. 

10 years ago the rent for my 2 bedroom apartment downtown was 1200. Now I’m in the burbs for 2100, you’re insane if you don’t think inflation should apply here too. Be mad at capitalism, bros - cause we’re just following suit. Xx

Agreed with you. Rent is up, so prices of luxuries is up as well.  

Sigh.....the hobby is not immune to market forces. Providers will set and adjust rates to reflect how busy they want to be in combination with the cost of doing business. Same as all services. The value of anything is defined by what someone is willing to pay.   

2 hours ago, Phil-anderer said:

Rate thread, so popular with the ladies....

Not much has changed since I was active on here 🙃 

some of y’all still think its 1990 or something. If only...

On 5/26/2021 at 0:03 AM, Just Jos said:

10 years ago the rent for my 2 bedroom apartment downtown was 1200. Now I’m in the burbs for 2100, you’re insane if you don’t think inflation should apply here too. Be mad at capitalism, bros - cause we’re just following suit. Xx

13 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Agreed with you. Rent is up, so prices of luxuries is up as well.  

First and foremost I agree with the above.... but I DO have to say that I wish EMPLOYERS  would also understand this same concept and raise our wages according too..... minimum wage is going up, cost of living is up, luxuries are up but employers are still paying the same (unless your already at minimum).....

51 minutes ago, Strange_Ice said:

First and foremost I agree with the above.... but I DO have to say that I wish EMPLOYERS  would also understand this same concept and raise our wages according too..... minimum wage is going up, cost of living is up, luxuries are up but employers are still paying the same (unless your already at 

I hear ya but that is the American way. People exploiting people, is how this country was built and formulated to run - Capitalism is exploration. So still, be mad at capitalism.  

Anyone down to start a revolution? Aannnddd if so, What should I wear? :-) 

On 5/25/2021 at 0:53 PM, infinity said:

I used to be active few years back under the name(Harpo).

I am surprised of the inflation of donation requested.

This is Denver not Manhattan or Beverly Hills!

Way to go Harpo. Rate threads are a super hot topic and as I'm sure you remember, they often result in several of the ladies throwing up their arms in abject shame and running birthday specials!!  If my memory serves me, one started giving complementary toaster ovens with her rubs.  

My hair color used to be 100$  now it's 160$ every 6-8 weeks 

Nails 40$ now $55 every 2 weeks 

have you seen the price of gas , food , hotels ,  everything has gone up

200h 4- 56 years ago  should be up to 400$ by now !

1 hour ago, Happymon said:

Way to go Harpo. Rate threads are a super hot topic and as I'm sure you remember, they often result in several of the ladies throwing up their arms in abject shame and running birthday specials!!  If my memory serves me, one started giving complementary toaster ovens with her rubs.  

I remember few of the user names and yours is one of them.

What happened to (too Big )? 

He was interesting character to say the least.....good days!

1 hour ago, Happymon said:

On 5/26/2021 at 0:03 AM, Just Jos said:

I was away

On 5/27/2021 at 0:36 PM, Strange_Ice said:

First and foremost I agree with the above.... but I DO have to say that I wish EMPLOYERS  would also understand this same concept and raise our wages according too..... minimum wage is going up, cost of living is up, luxuries are up but employers are still paying the same (unless your already at minimum).....

I agree, but the masses say Unions are dead.

So there it is. When Unions were strong there wasn't this problem. Employers worry about one thing...their bottom line. Cheaper is always better, what better way to reduce expenses than to screw workers on wages?

On 5/27/2021 at 1:36 PM, Just Jos said:

I hear ya but that is the American way. People exploiting people, is how this country was built and formulated to run - Capitalism is exploration. So still, be mad at capitalism.  

Anyone down to start a revolution? Aannnddd if so, What should I wear? :-) 

No, I disagree...bring back Union work and you will see collective bargaining for wages will bring back the middle class. 1000 workers negotiating for a decent wage versus one person at a time? No brainer here just saying. Our Union negotiated a 3 dollar wage increase for our members starting June 1 plus 7 dollars an hour towards retirement not paid by workers but by their employers. Full health benefits too. I've been in the Union for over 30 years and as it stand now, I'll retire earning more money than I make TODAY. Trust me on this, no NON UNION EMPLOYER WANTS YOU TO KNOW THIS!!!!! Why? Because it eats away at their bottom line and lets them pay millions of dollars to their top 2% of management.  

On 5/27/2021 at 4:36 PM, Happymon said:

I never got a toaster oven.....damn it......

Must be doing something wrong...lol

4 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

I never got a toaster oven.....damn it......

Must be doing something wrong...lol

I would love a toaster oven, and a convection oven, anything else?! I got a few of the kitchen gadgets! Yet, a toaster oven sounds amazing especially with cooking for 1 and my cat always eats better.  

@infinity Creepy lurks @2Big I am sure his ears are burning 🔥 

Econ. 101 at work is all. Sure sure, the Rona and some legal changes, but the trend was in way before all that. The number of ladies listing is very small compared to the golden days of TOB. Cost of everything goes up, less money for booking. Fewer appointments, many ladies leave, others have to charge more to cover costs with less callers. It has all kind of stabilized now. Generally, it is now a luxury for people in higher tax brackets than it once was. Many former clients are no longer able to afford it, or only able to half as often. 

cost of living goes up, transportation, hotels, advertising sites. We have to adjust our rates accordingly 

spend your money on anything...

over time pay attention...

then you will see...

Everything has gone up, so why not this too.  Still years ago it seemed very affordable,  as to what it is now. If it is something you really desire, you will just have to do without something else.

On 6/1/2021 at 4:07 AM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I would love a toaster oven, and a convection oven, anything else?! I got a few of the kitchen gadgets! Yet, a toaster oven sounds amazing especially with cooking for 1 and my cat always eats better.  

What kind of toaster oven do you have an eye on? Just asking. Feel free to pm me!

What do you think about an Instate Pot??

6 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Get the 3qt when cooking for one.

Do I really need a toaster oven?

15 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Get the 3qt when cooking for one.

Agreed, I have that one, love it!

8 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Do I really need a toaster oven?

We use ours all the time. 

On 6/5/2021 at 1:48 AM, sparkey600 said:

I have an instate pot It is wonderful cooking @sparkey600 and 

On 6/3/2021 at 11:43 PM, sparkey600 said:

What kind of toaster oven do you have an Eye on? Just asking. Feel free to pm me!

@Bit Bangeryou just need to line everything up and make sure and not put the inner cover on backwards. -i did that before! Having someone who knows demonstrate how to work it helps. Always make sure you have water or some sort of liquid base too! If you scotch the pot a but it can be a pain to clean. Other than that? I really have enjoyed mine. @average1 has the Nija one that has a fryer. Sounds really nice. 
@sparkey600, I would love a toaster oven that also works like a mini convection oven. My friend has one and claims it is amazing! Anymore it gets too hot is the summer to fire up you oven. Damn HOA said we are not allowed to have BBQ grills. Thinking I would love to have a Nina grill. My next door neighbor is getting one so I am Waiting on Her to Let me know!  Happy to PM anyone. 
 I got to get out and walk before it heats up! Sloan's Lake calls my name. What can I say? Easy walking for a lady who has a hard time seeing. I am missing my eye seeing gal @Octavia!😍😍 Have a great Sunday! 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki