Phil-anderer

Wondering why women aren't advertising being vaccinated?

108 posts in this topic

And this is NOT one of those threads where I'm trying to tell women what they need to do or should do... at all.

What I AM saying is that getting back on the saddle would be happening now for me (or very soon) if I knew that we were doubly-vaccinated/protected when seeing someone.  

I'm curious as to what folks think?  Please be nice.

At this point the only ones fully vaccinated are age 50+ or with other conditions/occupations they may not want to disclose.

Give it a little more time until the rosters open to the general population.

I think it works both ways. Unless they issue an official immunization ID there not way to tell who is safe. Personally, I would trust the ladies before I’d trust an old fart with a boner. 🤔😜

Fair points.  I would have no issue showing my vaccination card, but I understand that might be dicey for some.  And you're right - only 1a-1c have been vaccinated to this point for the most part.  I'm just.... well, you know. :)

In perusing the listings today I noticed one provider announcing her vaccinated status in the headline of her ad....

On 3/30/2021 at 8:03 AM, Caressa Duval said:

We have been keeping our clients safe through this entire pandemic, and before!  There is much more than the vaccine  to keeping our clients healthy and safe. The same practices pre-vaccine still need to be in place post-vaccine.  A clean environment, being a responsible person and wearing your mask in public,  washing hands, limiting your exposure to large crowds. The list goes on and on.  The vaccine is only a small portion of the safety measures we need to take to keep all of us safe.

YESSSS This!!!

I don't know how others are faring, but I haven't been able to schedule a vaccine appointment. It seems anytime I'm available, no vaccine providers have any appointments open.

2 hours ago, pfunk said:

I don't know how others are faring, but I haven't been able to schedule a vaccine appointment. It seems anytime I'm available, no vaccine providers have any appointments open.

I've found the websites listing appoints are... complete shit. 

Best option seems to just show up at King Soopers/Safeway/Walgreens at about 6-7pm and ask.  Seems every night I've been in one they get on the PA system announcing "Hey we have like 5 doses at the pharmacy, come on over!"

We have been keeping our clients safe through this entire pandemic, and before!  There is much more than the vaccine  to keeping our clients healthy and safe. The same practices pre-vaccine still need to be in place post-vaccine.  A clean environment, being a responsible person and wearing your mask in public,  washing hands, limiting your exposure to large crowds. The list goes on and on.  The vaccine is only a small portion of the safety measures we need to take to keep all of us safe...

110%

1 hour ago, FuriousWeasel said:

I've found the websites listing appoints are... complete shit. 

Best option seems to just show up at King Soopers/Safeway/Walgreens at about 6-7pm and ask.  Seems every night I've been in one they get on the PA system announcing "Hey we have like 5 doses at the pharmacy, come on over!"

CVS has it 

I'm not back in Colorado yet so I'm not advertising.

I get my 1st shot on Wed and I'm pretty stoked about it.  I was checking all the sites with no luck then hopped on to check again before bed about 2:30am TX time and they had a few available.  It's time to head home.

When I'm fully vaccinated, I'll say so in my ad.  I won't show proof though. Either clients will take me at my word or find someone else I guess.  😁

9 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I get my 1st shot on Wed and I'm pretty stoked about it.  I was checking all the sites with no luck then hopped on to check again before bed about 2:30am TX time and they had a few available.  It's time to head home.

When I'm fully vaccinated, I'll say so in my ad.  I won't show proof though. Either clients will take me at my word or find someone else I guess.  😁

Hunter, you are a very trustworthy lady, so proving proof shouldn't be necessary.  I just got my second shot over the weekend and am very pleased.

11 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Hunter good for you getting the vaccine! 
Plan on the day after to just chill.............

You will have a sore arm and may be a little fatigued. 
Good Luck!

50 minutes ago, Seeker5280 said:

Good Luck!

PSA here :  Everyone is very different with side effects. It was like getting water on my first Moderna.  The second shot had me in bed for 4 days with fever, chills, nausea, and the lovely red Covid arm. All supposed to mean that a person has a great immune response.  Women seem to have more effects because of our estrogen, and younger people seem to also have more side effects.  I certainly hope no one has to endure the side effects, but I did have to reschedule 2 of my appointments.  Ladies might want to plan for a few days down time, and hope they don't need them.  It never feels good to have to cancel on a client.

Edited by Caressa Duval
extra comma

7 hours ago, Seeker5280 said:

Good Luck!

For the first one, yes, I had sore arm and nothing else.  But for the majority of folks I have talked to and certainly for myself the second one is a totally different ball game. 

6 hours ago, Caressa Duval said:

PSA here :  Everyone is very different with side effects. It was like getting water on my first Moderna.  The second shot had me in bed for 4 days with fever, chills, nausea, and the lovely red Covid arm. All supposed to mean that a person has a great immune response.  Women seem to have more effects because of our estrogen, and younger people seem to also have more side effects.  I certainly hope no one has to endure the side effects, but I did have to reschedule 2 of my appointments.  Ladies might want to plan for a few days down time, and hope they don't need them.  It never feels good to have to cancel on a client.

With the second one I had chills, low fever, body aches, could not get warm regardless of how many blankets,  and felt like I was run over by a train the following two days and still crappy enough the third day to cancel an appointment I was really looking forward to!  I would certainly suggest planning on being down at least three days. If you are one of the very lucky ones that have no strong side effects ..... screw, uh, I mean bless you!! ;)

On 3/30/2021 at 8:03 AM, Caressa Duval said:

The types of vaccine will also be a touchy subject.  If a person gets the J and J they do not have as much of protection as Moderna or Pfizer.  Then the question would be raised, would you meet a person that is only 65% percent protected.

I'm not a doctor or anything, but from what I understand it's not as black-and-white as this. The J&J vaccine was tested in real-world environments where aggressive variants were rampant, while the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines were trialed in more controlled circumstances without apparent presence of COVID variant strains. I've read that a bunch of scholars and scientists believe that because of the difference in the nature of the trials, it's likely that the true, real-world efficacy of all three types of vaccine are really very close. At any rate, the J&J vaccine has proven to be basically 100% effective in preventing "severe" COVID illness.

And it's worth noting for purposes of this discussion that there is no real evidence yet that being vaccinated means you can't spread the virus if you're exposed to it. In other words, if the virus enters your body, having been vaccinated might prevent you from developing symptoms (because your immune system is ready to fight the virus before it even shows up), so you might never get sick,  but it still may be possible for you to pass that virus on to others while your body finishes fighting it off. So even vaccinated people could still be vectors of transmission.

2 hours ago, Fenrir373 said:

I'm not a doctor or anything, but from what I understand it's not as black-and-white as this. The J&J vaccine was tested in real-world environments where aggressive variants were rampant, while the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines were trialed in more controlled circumstances without apparent presence of COVID variant strains. I've read that a bunch of scholars and scientists believe that because of the difference in the nature of the trials, it's likely that the true, real-world efficacy of all three types of vaccine are really very close. At any rate, the J&J vaccine has proven to be basically 100% effective in preventing "severe" COVID illness.

And it's worth noting for purposes of this discussion that there is no real evidence yet that being vaccinated means you can't spread the virus if you're exposed to it. In other words, if the virus enters your body, having been vaccinated might prevent you from developing symptoms (because your immune system is ready to fight the virus before it even shows up), so you might never get sick,  but it still may be possible for you to pass that virus on to others while your body finishes fighting it off. So even vaccinated people could still be vectors of transmission.

The cdc and media moved the goal posts of efficacy to accommodate the J&J vaccine.  J&J was shown to be 66% effective world wide and 72% effective in USA in preventing moderate cases; 85% effective in preventing severe disease, and in the studies no one that received it died - which everyone reports as 100%.  Nothing is 100% in the real world.  The Pfizer and Moderna were shown to be 95% and 94% respectively effective in initial trials in preventing contracting covid.  Period.  No qualifiers about severity etc.  Since the original study they have been tracked in real world with the numbers still indicating over 90% effective for both.  So there is no question the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are more effective.  Everyone touts the "prevents death and serious illness (only at 85% on the serious!) while ignoring that a third or more of those vaccinated with J&J will still get mild to moderate cases.  So what is the problem if you don't get hospitalized or die?  It is called long haul syndrome and the longer it is studied the higher the percentage it appears have significant long term (perhaps permanent) negative effects - fatigue, headaches, covid brain aka foggy mind, etc. It would certainly appear J&J leaves you much more open to long haul syndrome. As to the transmission to others, this is still evolving but the consensus is they all seem to prevent transmission among those that do not contract the disease as a result of the vaccine.  But again 95% against catching at all vs. 65% against moderate case - do the math.  At least a third that get J&J will still contract and presumably be able to spread.  The government and doctors and WHO et. al all like J&J for ease of shipping and storing and one dose only and being cheaper.  But by any objective comparison it is NOT as effective as the other two no matter how much the media and talking head doctors want it to sound like.  And J&J has had quality control issues (15 million doses dumped last week for mixing the wrong ingredients) and enough immediate side effects to shut down a clinic yesterday, which has reopened today using Pfizer.

On 4/6/2021 at 8:17 AM, average1 said:

Hunter, you are a very trustworthy lady, so proving proof shouldn't be necessary.  I just got my second shot over the weekend and am very pleased.

I'm pleased for you and thank you!  🤗❤

On 4/6/2021 at 9:34 AM, Seeker5280 said:

Good Luck!

Thank you Seeker. I got the Pfizer shot and my only side effect was the sore arm for 1 day.  I know a lot of people who got the Pfizer and Moderna shots. Some had not so pleasant side effects from the 1st shot, some from the 2nd, but most had no side effects at all besides the sore arm.  I'm grateful I was in the last group. 😁

Got both, my arm didn't even hurt, no other effects.

YMMV

On 4/5/2021 at 10:08 PM, lustybustygina said:

CVS has it 

Target too is now doing vaccine inoculations. The Target next to Sloans. Been there and done it. 

From what I have heard, while I do advertise that I am vaccinated, many say it is pointless to do so because the vaccines have not been proven to completely eliminate the spread of the Virus- rather the vaccine simply keeps the individual safe from getting sick. While I do not know how much truth there is to that sentiment, that may be a possible reason why some do not advertise as such! 

I received my second shot a few weeks ago. I was also proactive. I binged on pizza and ice cream to counter any negative side effects.

5 hours ago, Maclovin said:

I received my second shot a few weeks ago. I was also proactive. I binged on pizza and ice cream to counter any negative side effects.

Damn I just hit jack in the box after my 2nd. 

I will be going in this week ( hope for no robust side effects) Anyone 16 and older are eligible now. I have to agree with @Caressa Duval and @lustybustygina in that it’s been a full time responsibility in keeping ourselves safe so that we can keep clients safe. It feels close to having breathing room soon. Yay!

As the age for vaccination drops ,we will see providers mentioning being vaccinated. 

Anyone can get vaccinated now that wants to in this country.  I have had Covid and been vaccinated.  I was always pro-vaccine, but I despise masks and will only wear them if required.  What no one every discusses is how we don’t take care of ourselves.  Now I do understand that some people have pre-existing conditions that can be deadly mixed with Covid.  Those people need to be careful.  Some healthy people also get very sick, but we have been dealing with this for over a year.  2% of people that contracted Covid died.  If the average life expectancy is 78 years than the rest of us have lost  almost 2% of our lives if we were stuck in our houses.  This whole thing pisses me off.  If your a conservative get off your ass and get vaccinated.  If your a vaccinated liberal take the mask off and live life.

On 4/28/2021 at 4:22 PM, ynglifter69 said:

Anyone can get vaccinated now that wants to in this country.  I have had Covid and been vaccinated.  I was always pro-vaccine, but I despise masks and will only wear them if required.  What no one every discusses is how we don’t take care of ourselves.  Now I do understand that some people have pre-existing conditions that can be deadly mixed with Covid.  Those people need to be careful.  Some healthy people also get very sick, but we have been dealing with this for over a year.  2% of people that contracted Covid died.  If the average life expectancy is 78 years than the rest of us have lost  almost 2% of our lives if we were stuck in our houses.  This whole thing pisses me off.  If your a conservative get off your ass and get vaccinated.  If your a vaccinated liberal take the mask off and live life.

I will WHEN I feel safe and not a minute sooner.  I also don't want to potentially spread, and wearing a mask is such a small thing to do when it comes to health and safety. 

Do you.  Don't worry about me wearing a mask.  

Ya I don't think I'll share if I have it or not on my post.  I do plan on getting it I just dont know when or which one and honestly don't feel like the type of person that puts pressure on another to get it is my type of friend that I want to meet! I have lupus so no one knows what's best for me!

Edited by Chloeblue83