Newoldbull

Contacting other TOB members for info

33 posts in this topic

IIm fairly new to this site but have been getting my feet wet in a short amount of time. My question is I have contacted other guys for info or details and I have not have much success. Is it because I am new and people are being cautious or I'm asking wrong question? Would like any feedback  or advice. Thanks ahead of time.

Being new is part of it for sure. Something that may help is do not ask too specific of questions. Speaking for myself here but I wouldn't give you anything specific that could get a lady or myself in a bind.

If you are asking for info that can be obtained by reading reviews or the provider's ad/website then you might get pushback. Or crickets......

I really don't understand what info could be obtained that you couldn't get from reviews. I believe seeking info would definitely make your stand out and not in a good way. Do like the rest, jump in with both feet and find out yourself. Sometimes there might be a let down, but then other times your expectations might be exceeded.

always fears of LE lurking - just keep researching and if you have a question that is better 'private' then PM - if no reply just delete and move on...

in time all things happen...

9 hours ago, Cherry aka Miya said:

I really don't understand what info could be obtained that you couldn't get from reviews. I believe seeking info would definitely make your stand out and not in a good way. Do like the rest, jump in with both feet and find out yourself. Sometimes there might be a let down, but then other times your expectations might be exceeded.

I think I already knew the answer to my question before I asked it. I try to do the research and I don't ask specific questions. Mainly I ask about attitude or what there  general opinion is. My plan going forward is to see ladies with a website and positive reviews. Problem solved. Thanks for the help.

11 hours ago, Newoldbull said:

I think I already knew the answer to my question before I asked it. I try to do the research and I don't ask specific questions. Mainly I ask about attitude or what there  general opinion is. My plan going forward is to see ladies with a website and positive reviews. Problem solved. Thanks for the help.

The review system changed in the past from a few different options to a few.  I do this with anything review related - throw out the top 10% and bottom 10% of reviews and see where the 80% lies.  This should give you a good overview of what to possibly expect.  Good luck and have fun!

20 hours ago, Cherry aka Miya said:

Reviews are something I participate in. And they benefit most of us. If someone contacts me. I have no issues responding to them reaching out to me. I've never had a guy be terribly intrusive. And if they did. I'd shut it down. 

And on the other end. I have also reached out to guys. There have been times with ladies I'm interested in where their reviews are limited or very minimal. And to be perfectly honest. I don't want to waste my time or lose out monetarily if I can avoid it. If someone doesn't mind enlightening me. Then I's say that's a win win!!

23 hours ago, Cherry aka Miya said:

I really don't understand what info could be obtained that you couldn't get from reviews. 

Cost. If a provider doesn’t have a website, one has to either contact a provider for the information or hope a reviewer will tell how much the provider charges.

I don’t want to waste a providers time if she is out of my price range. 

4 hours ago, inkspot said:

Cost. If a provider doesn’t have a website, one has to either contact a provider for the information or hope a reviewer will tell how much the provider charges.

See never too late to learn.

Before I respond to any inquiries about a lady, I always contact the lady and ask them if they are okay with me responding back to the inquiring gentleman.

On 9/29/2019 at 2:33 PM, inkspot said:

You know now that I think about it, I don't think your wasting a providers time by asking her rate and your info would be directly from the source instead of second hand.

4 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Before I respond to any inquiries about a lady, I always contact the lady and ask them if they are okay with me responding back to the inquiring gentleman.

And see that I think would be my issue with concerns of LE I would think why is this guy not contacting me instead of him? But that's just me, maybe the other ladies would feel different.

On 9/29/2019 at 0:45 PM, parkercole said:

Reviews are something I participate in. And they benefit most of us. If someone contacts me. I have no issues responding to them reaching out to me. I've never had a guy be terribly intrusive. And if they did. I'd shut it down. 

And on the other end. I have also reached out to guys. There have been times with ladies I'm interested in where their reviews are limited or very minimal. And to be perfectly honest. I don't want to waste my time or lose out monetarily if I can avoid it. If someone doesn't mind enlightening me. Then I's say that's a win win!!

I, for one, would like to thank you very much for posting reviews.  I recently was planning a visit to a provider but your tactful but honest description of some negative things about your appt with the provider turned me off, and I definitely crossed this provider off of my bucket list.  Tip of the hat, sir.

This is a mixed bag of tricks.

Each lady has their own unique style.

I know that NO meeting with me has ever been the same. 

Yes, of course the introduction is similar. 

Everyone is a different person and ladies in the industry are usually good at reading gentlemen. 

If your a super freak shit is going to be kinky

If you are mellow and don't say or do much , things are going to be pretty easygoing. 

I leave it up to the gentlemen.

It is your time that you are paying for.

Gentleman asking info from another gentleman can be helpful. It is always a good idea to trust your own gut though.

Ladies do this all the time. We talk to eachother and what one may like the other may not. The experience is always different.

15 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

This is a mixed bag of tricks.

Each lady has their own unique style.

I know that NO meeting with me has ever been the same. 

Yes, of course the introduction is similar. 

Everyone is a different person and ladies in the industry are usually good at reading gentlemen. 

If your a super freak shit is going to be kinky

If you are mellow and don't say or do much , things are going to be pretty easygoing. 

I leave it up to the gentlemen.

It is your time that you are paying for.

Gentleman asking info from another gentleman can be helpful. It is always a good idea to trust your own gut though.

Ladies do this all the time. We talk to eachother and what one may like the other may not. The experience is always different.

I assume ladies talk about the guys all the time and I know the guys talk about the ladies all the time.  I think it is just human nature to want to get as much information as possible before agreeing to spending time/money with someone.  Of course, it is crucial to know who you are talking to and to be careful not to share any information that could put anyone in danger.

I had a client tell me that another client contacted him to say my specialty was not for him.  Hmmmm, why would my other client care??  

16 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

I had a client tell me that another client contacted him to say my specialty was not for him.  Hmmmm, why would my other client care??  

That is very strange.  Why would a guy call another guy who apparently seen you to tell him that your specialty was not for him?

Strange indeed.

Edited by ilovewomen

4 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

That is very strange.  Why would a guy call another guy who apparently seen you to tell him that your specialty was not for him?

Strange indeed.

Maybe guy #1 was explicit about his needs, or perhaps they are buxom buddies, ie, they like to double up for playdates?

It's a bit too weird for my taste.

I have inquired from other hobbyists about certain ladies as well as inquiring with the ladies as well.  Usually it is about fees if no web site is listed.  Just like Inkspot said.  Don't want to waste her time or mine for that matter if cost etc. is not for me.  If no reply from the other guy then by all means will contact the lady. 

Hobbyists hitting one another up for info on providers is what SHOULD be happening.  There should be a free flow of information about the provider just as I am sure there is a free flow of information on hobbyists that is shared among providers.    Good and bad, communicate with one another. 

1 hour ago, Bravo1 said:

Hobbyists hitting one another up for info on providers is what SHOULD be happening.  There should be a free flow of information about the provider just as I am sure there is a free flow of information on hobbyists that is shared among providers.    Good and bad, communicate with one another. 

If and only if you are sure the guy you are freely giving info to is NOT

• LE
  • some hobbyist's wife
  • reporter researching a story
  • a provider's stalker
  • competition looking for dirt

And that is only a partial list of reasons to be a little cautious about new handles.  Once you are sure who/what you are dealing with, the more sharing of info the merrier.  As usual YMMV is always key.

9 hours ago, gr8owl said:

If and only if you are sure the guy you are freely giving info to is NOT

• LE
  • some hobbyist's wife
  • reporter researching a story
  • a provider's stalker
  • competition looking for dirt

And that is only a partial list of reasons to be a little cautious about new handles.  Once you are sure who/what you are dealing with, the more sharing of info the merrier.  As usual YMMV is always key.

I agree with you.  I've had people PM me for info, and depending on who asks (like, do I know you), I try to provide helpful information, with some limits.  I want to be helpful, but also am cautious.

6 hours ago, average1 said:

I agree with you.  I've had people PM me for info, and depending on who asks (like, do I know you), I try to provide helpful information, with some limits.  I want to be helpful, but also am cautious.

I will respond to active members of the board with non specific (tasteful) information. But Newbie specific (sometimes probing) questions very seldom respond.

be quite honest one person's opinion on any given interest is subject to change from person to person. Eventually, a person needs to just take the plunge and jump in and experience for themselves. Enjoy your adventure, even if the experience is not as wonderful as expected. Is that not true about everything in life? We (humans) are all entitled to a bad hair day yes?! 

12 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

be quite honest one person's opinion on any given interest is subject to change from person to person. Eventually, a person needs to just take the plunge and jump in and experience for themselves. Enjoy your adventure, even if the experience is not as wonderful as expected. Is that not true about everything in life? We (humans) are all entitled to a bad hair day yes?! 

I understand that thinking and know it works for a lot of people.  However, my TOFTT days are behind me.  Every once in a while I have an experience that is less then great, but that is not because I didn't do my homework.  I need to know rates and what services to expect, I need to see numerous reviews and ideally communicate directly with numerous guys who've seen her recently. If I can't get that information then I won't reach out.  I'm sure I've missed out on some great opportunities, but I'm OK with that.  I've had a lot of great experiences too.  Please note, I'm just speaking for myself and not anyone else and I appreciate all the guys who've done the leg work. Of course, I've done plenty of leg work over the years. I'm always willing to share this type of info on here when asked as long as I can verify who is asking.   And I've found most guys on here any willing to share information when asked.

1 hour ago, Mustang87 said:

I understand that thinking and know it works for a lot of people.  However, my TOFTT days are behind me.  Every once in a while I have an experience that is less then great, but that is not because I didn't do my homework.  I need to know rates and what services to expect, I need to see numerous reviews and ideally communicate directly with numerous guys who've seen her recently. If I can't get that information then I won't reach out.  I'm sure I've missed out on some great opportunities, but I'm OK with that.  I've had a lot of great experiences too.  Please note, I'm just speaking for myself and not anyone else and I appreciate all the guys who've done the leg work. Of course, I've done plenty of leg work over the years. I'm always willing to share this type of info on here when asked as long as I can verify who is asking.   And I've found most guys on here any willing to share information when asked.

I can see that Mustang 87, 

You joined TOB after or right before I quite for a period of five years (not important) . Another thing is I personally find what you share on here as well as other websites being truthful and helpful. Thank you for being supportive to the ladies and also level headed. Hope to meet you even just to say “Hi” as well as a few other people I find highly supportive on here too thank you! 
Sorry if this sounds a bit Sappy? however it means a great deal to know people who care about the ladies! ♥️