Laci French

Helping each other...what do you need/have

59 posts in this topic

When in times of trouble helping those around you is the only way to go

Wish I could find beach cleaner.  I know I will in the next few days after things calm down and stores get their shelves re-stocked..  Right now I have a new container of wipes to help wipe down and disinfect surfaces, along with liquid dish soap.  

I've got 2 full rolls of paper towels left.  I informed my household to quit using the paper towels and paper plates unless absolutely necessary.  I told them that is why we have dishrags and regular plates. 

When paper towels are available again, I'll get some.

We will all get through this.

34 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Wish I could find beach cleaner.  I know I will in the next few days after things calm down and stores get their shelves re-stocked..  Right now I have a new container of wipes to help wipe down and disinfect surfaces, along with liquid dish soap.  

I've got 2 full rolls of paper towels left.  I informed my household to quit using the paper towels and paper plates unless absolutely necessary.  I told them that is why we have dishrags and regular plates. 

When paper towels are available again, I'll get some.

We will all get through this.

Do you have anything you can spare for someone in need?

I’ve got 4 rolls of toilet paper left. I gave 12 rolls away the other day to neighbors and family.

I could spare a couple rolls of tp if someone is in dire need. That would leave me 2 rolls and safe for maybe a week.

Outside of that, I don’t have stockpiles of any other cleaners. Just one container of hand wipes and I think one package of baby wipes.

If anyone is in dire need of tp, pm me and I can let you have 2 rolls.

Edited by ilovewomen

2 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Wish I could find beach cleaner. ...

Does anyone have a tsunami they can loan ILW? 😜

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Does anyone have a tsunami they can loan ILW? 😜

Yeah, that should read bleach cleaner.

Damn spell check thinks it knows more than I do in what I was trying to write 😂😂

I always keep my beach clean. I hate dirty beaches and red tide. But,

Life doesn't feel like a beach now, more like house arrest.

I have lots of golf balls if you have an open golf course.

Edited by Mike940370

Costco update......

At the Park Meadows store now. They have paper towels. They went through a pallet of Clorox wipes in 5 min. They expect TP and more wipes tomorrow. They are opening at 9:00 AM (usually 10:00) and advise getting in line by 7:30.

13 hours ago, Mike940370 said:

I always keep my beach clean. I hate dirty beaches and red tide. But,

Life doesn't feel like a beach now, more like house arrest.

I have lots of golf balls if you have an open golf course.

No sports on and there’s a strange lady sitting on my couch, claiming to be my wife. :o Nice lady though.:rolleyes:

16 hours ago, tide32 said:

No sports on and there’s a strange lady sitting on my couch, claiming to be my wife. :o Nice lady though.:rolleyes:

that seems to be spreading throughout the country too:)

I'll help 6 ladies keep their listing up. Not sure how that work behind the scenes. I will take care of 6 😘  

Edited by Hailey Of Denver

I got home from work yesterday and there was a roll of toilet paper in a King Soopers bag on my front porch.

Someone in the neighborhood is trying to spread the wealth.

10 hours ago, Hailey Of Denver said:

I'll help 6 ladies keep their listing up. Not sure how that work behind the scenes. I will take care of 6 😘  

Wow your very nice that's a helpful offer !!

On 3/17/2020 at 1:48 PM, ilovewomen said:

I’ve got 4 rolls of toilet paper left. I gave 12 rolls away the other day to neighbors and family.

I could spare a couple rolls of tp if someone is in dire need. That would leave me 2 rolls and safe for maybe a week.

Outside of that, I don’t have stockpiles of any other cleaners. Just one container of hand wipes and I think one package of baby wipes.

If anyone is in dire need of tp, pm me and I can let you have 2 rolls.

:D

Hit stores first thing in the morning when they open up, best chance of finding fresh stock of TP paper towels and Kleenex.

I even lucked out with some wipes at Walmart on Thursday, 1 per person rules on this stuff so it's hard to help others.   It never lasts on the shelf for more than 1 hour after opening...

The storm is pretty much over ... stores have most of the suff now costco and sams and walmart 

Tp in the morning  ... the most in demand. 

Paper towels ... saw 2 pallets at costco and something like that at sams

Softsoap  at walmart ...  also wipes ... i am not going crazy about things and dont pay mych attention rwally ... worst case scenario after poop rinse (bidet  or bottle) then shower ... 

Edited by skinnydud
Edit

I think I posted something like this in another thread (I'm old and my memory is not the greatest), but this is the time to share some of our "extras" with folks in need.  I've had a couple of friends who've been sheltering in place (one person's test just came back negative...good news), so I've done some shopping for them.  If we share a bit of what we each have, we will make it through this.  Little things like checking on older neighbors can go a long way.  And who knows, we might end up closer than before this all started.

Thinking that Sloan’s Lake King Soopers is always wiped out no matter what time  you show up.. Learning to improvise with cooking and cleaning.  Walking like crazy these days. It is great mental therapy. 🥰

A price break on TOB advertising would be helpful for all the ladies. Even if you cut prices down to old rates for the months of April and May? We are not seeing clients like we did in the past. (Not that we were super busy before). Not asking for a humanitarian specials mind you. Just something that would brighten the ladies up a bit please. 😘

I agree with Kali a price break on TOB would be nice. As things have slowed down due to all the chaos that has been going on lately. As it would mean a lot to the ladies I am sure.

8 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Thinking that Sloan’s Lake King Soopers is always wiped out no matter what time  you show up.. Learning to improvise with cooking and cleaning.  Walking like crazy these days. It is great mental therapy. 🥰

A price break on TOB advertising would be helpful for all the ladies. Even if you cut prices down to old rates for the months of April and May? We are not seeing clients like we did in the past. (Not that we were super busy before). Not asking for a humanitarian specials mind you. Just something that would brighten the ladies up a bit please. 😘

If you ever need anything please call me.  I can bring you groceries or whatever you might need.

Love you...hang in there and you might be happy with what the universe gives you.❤

I have condoms coming from Amazon if any one needs some .I can mail them out .

I just order Saturday .. Think I only have like 5 rolls of TP  . 

On 3/29/2020 at 3:39 PM, lustybustygina said:

I love that you are willing to share condoms.  You are my hero 

On 3/29/2020 at 3:39 PM, lustybustygina said:

Ironically I ordered my stash of condoms a month ago!

You're my hero if your offering toilet paper! I was down to 1 roll. One quality thick soft roll that equals 2 rolls. I went online. Walmart and Target were sold out. Went to eBay and mother f#cker. A 4 roll sold for $42. Thank goodness my neighbor was so kind and gave me 2 rolls. Not the quality kind, but I am so thankful for anything! 

Crazy times!!!

TARGET - 8 am, every day, TP, paper towels, Clorox wipes, etc.

8:20 am, every day = shelves empty.

Early birds are getting the worms.

At Costco No paper towels, no toilet paper but lots of paper napkins actually could be used for both purposes

39 minutes ago, airamericavet65 said:

At Costco No paper towels, no toilet paper but lots of paper napkins actually could be used for both purposes

It prolly goes without saying, flushing paper napkins is a colossally stupid idea...

32 minutes ago, MrReindeer-9515 said:

It prolly goes without saying, flushing paper napkins is a colossally stupid idea...

Especially if you’re on a septic system.

Some places down here keep a garbage can next to the toilet for used paper products.

17 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Especially if you’re on a septic system.

Some places down here keep a garbage can next to the toilet for used paper products.

I had a friend down here (she moved away last year) who kept an empty ketchup squeeze bottle next to the toilet. She used it as a portable bidet instead of paper after urinating.

10 hours ago, parkercole said:

Ironically I ordered my stash of condoms a month ago!

You're my hero if your offering toilet paper! I was down to 1 roll. One quality thick soft roll that equals 2 rolls. I went online. Walmart and Target were sold out. Went to eBay and mother f#cker. A 4 roll sold for $42. Thank goodness my neighbor was so kind and gave me 2 rolls. Not the quality kind, but I am so thankful for anything! 

Crazy times!!!

I can't give my TP away I only have 4 rolls left !!  But my condoms I have 100s