JessicaJonesing

Seeing many complaints about cost of living/rates going up; From the client side, what should providers do to make things better for you?

83 posts in this topic

For the record, still not seeing people, so not "promoting" any "brand", just curious.

It's been a pretty universal complaint -- cost of living has gone up quite a bit, thus everything is more expensive.

But with that broad complaint I'm not seeing any real-world suggestions? What else can be done?

1. I've always disdained the "QV"  because I like to have the relaxed time to first shower together, get to know someone's situations and various other random, personal reasons. Additionally and as an oversimplified generalization, the less-expensive QV "thing" seems to be looked down upon by established providers, but perhaps it's something we should be considering?
  2. Streamlined prices for those that follow a providers' screening/contact preferences on first contact? I used to waste about 1/4 or more of my time dealing with dillweeds, goofballs, lonely chatters and "sexters" who never intended to meet. Cutting that out has value to me...
  3. Should we formally list previous (lower) rates for repeat/existing clients? That seems to irritate new admirers...
  4. My favorite: Discounts for paying in crypto?

Not sure why rates and increases generates such hostility -- it is what it is, print 8 billion dollars, inflation is going to happen -- so let's try and keep it on-topic and civil?

(FWIW, I used to increase rates when I wanted to deal with fewer inquires and see less new people, as existing clients were "grandfathered" in)

Your suggestion number 2 is appealing. And, thanks for asking! FWIW, I have never done a QV, for many of the reasons you mentioned. 

Jessica, when I left the industry when I was 30, I was charging 350/hr with a 2 hour min.  You can imagine my horror when I returned 15yrs later, and clients were complaining that ladies were raising their rates from 200-250/hr to 300-350/hr...15 YEARS LATER! That's what they were when I left! WTF!  😳😳😂😂

Rent alone is 2-3 times more than it was then. Of course rates should be 2-3 times more than it was.  

Clients will always complain.  They complain about the QV rates too. Lol. 🙄

1 hour ago, sb1212 said:

Your suggestion number 2 is appealing. And, thanks for asking! FWIW, I have never done a QV, for many of the reasons you mentioned. 

To avail of such rates would first mean reading said directions -- precluding 95% of contacts which consist of "Hey", "How about now", or "Available?" from random strangers...   ...off-topic, historically when I took breaks, it was burn-out from such non-stop idiocy, never the actual meeting(s), which are the fun part.

Still, yes, in hindsight there should be a reward for being a gentleman. Funny, how obvious things are in hindsight, eh?

And, @21378-hunter-vandyke! Didn't know you were back? In Denver too? Yeah! :-)

(update... hmmm... how do you tag people here? RTFMing... ...not seeing a solution.)

Edited by JessicaJonesing

13 minutes ago, JessicaJonesing said:

To avail of such rates would first mean reading said directions -- precluding 95% of contacts which consist of "Hey", "How about now", or "Available?" from random strangers...   ...off-topic, historically when I took breaks, it was burn-out from such non-stop idiocy, never the actual meeting(s), which are the fun part.

Still, yes, in hindsight there should be a reward for being a gentleman. Funny, how obvious things are in hindsight, eh?

And, @21378-hunter-vandyke! Didn't know you were back? In Denver too? Yeah! :-)

(update... hmmm... how do you tag people here? RTFMing... ...not seeing a solution.)

Only speaking from the mobile experience but if you type @ and immediately start typing without a space (and it looks like you can get away with space) a drop down should appear with names matching. Keep typing until you get the name you want then tap it. 

@JessicaJonesing  I didn't know you were gone! A lot happens in a year. Lol

Hit the @ key and start typing. A box with names should pop up on your screen.

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

While there is no denying that rent, and damn near everything else has gone up, the same is true for your would be clients.  I am not in any way challanging or questioning the rate a lady asks for, but it should be obvious that the costs of everything went up for everyone.  Providers are one of a few groups of workers that can wake up one day an give themselves a XX& "pay raise". (it is only a raise if clients are willing/able to pay the increase).  AS is true in many activities that truley are a luxury and therefore optional activities, in order to meet mandatory expendures (rent, utilities, fuel, groceries, clothing, car payments etc, etc) often luxury, nonessential items/activities will either be greatly reduced or eliminated entirely.  I get that the ladies have all the same responsibilities, and I truely do not want to tell any lady how to run her business, it kinda feels like ladies MAY not be taking the other side into consideration.  JMHO  I am certain that the ladies will make the decission that is best for them.

4 hours ago, JessicaJonesing said:

Still, yes, in hindsight there should be a reward for being a gentleman. Funny, how obvious things are in hindsight.

We are in alignment here!  I would be interested to see how you would make this incentive known to potential clients. 

1 hour ago, sb1212 said:

We are in alignment here!  I would be interested to see how you would make this incentive known to potential clients. 

There was a woman(Muffin) long since retired, that had a good gimmick: on her site amidst a wall of text was a single word that was out of context to the rest. You had to find it and quote it back to her before she would consider an appointment. I have a pretty good rate of comprehension and I remember it taking a good while before I found it, but by the time I did I could have repeated her entire site almost verbatim.

3 hours ago, mustang said:

While there is no denying that rent, and damn near everything else has gone up, the same is true for your would be clients.  I am not in any way challanging or questioning the rate a lady asks for, but it should be obvious that the costs of everything went up for everyone.  Providers are one of a few groups of workers that can wake up one day an give themselves a XX& "pay raise". (it is only a raise if clients are willing/able to pay the increase).  AS is true in many activities that truley are a luxury and therefore optional activities, in order to meet mandatory expendures (rent, utilities, fuel, groceries, clothing, car payments etc, etc) often luxury, nonessential items/activities will either be greatly reduced or eliminated entirely.  I get that the ladies have all the same responsibilities, and I truely do not want to tell any lady how to run her business, it kinda feels like ladies MAY not be taking the other side into consideration.  JMHO  I am certain that the ladies will make the decission that is best for them.

If you can't afford to pay for the luxury of companionship and everything that's included in that, then you can't afford it.  Don't complain about it. I can't afford a lot of luxury experiences. No biggie, I can't indulge.  I'm not calling and emailing businesses that offer luxury services, and complaining to them about what they cost. My rent, bills etc really don't factor into that. Honestly, I don't care what profession any of us are in, none of us should still be making wages from 20yrs ago.  That's nuts. 

9 hours ago, mustang said:

I truly do not want to tell any lady how to run her business...

This thread is directly asking for suggestions, speak freely if you have ideas?

@Hunter VanDyke I've noticed the same -- stagnant rates. But always just assumed that sad fact that rates are inverse to (age * weight).

Given my ever-increasing age and fluctuating weight, and that rates are holding steady, if you follow the logic then rates *are* going up for 46-year-old women. That is, 20 years ago when you quoted $350/hr, what was the going rate for someone 20+ years older than you? Perhaps $200? If it's now $350, then rates are appreciating... 

@sb1212 "We are in alignment here!  I would be interested to see how you would make this incentive known to potential clients. " For lack of a better idea -- and, yeah, I'm pretty direct -- I'd just list it front and center in my ads. It does seem to turn off potential new visitors, but so be it -- screening is stressful and laden with drama...

@MrReindeer-9515 Fourteen years after joining TOB, it's a fair conclusion that in 2021 you and you alone have the patience for a word hunt! ;-)

1 hour ago, JessicaJonesing said:

@Hunter VanDyke I've noticed the same -- stagnant rates. But always just assumed that sad fact that rates are inverse to (age * weight).

Given my ever-increasing age and fluctuating weight, and that rates are holding steady, if you follow the logic then rates *are* going up for 46-year-old women. That is, 20 years ago when you quoted $350/hr, what was the going rate for someone 20+ years older than you? Perhaps $200? If it's now $350, then rates are appreciating..

Oh miss Jessica that is a sad fact indeed that you are assuming.  No the going rate was not 200 for someone 20 yrs older than me. I had to work my own mindset and business up so I could match some very popular 40yr olds.  They made much more money than I did and I mean ALOT more.  Quite frankly they ran circles around my younger self and I was completely in awe of them at the time. However they are the reason my rates went from 200/hr to 350/hr. 

Currently I know more mature providers who have mature bodies with wide rangeing body types that charge 350/600/hr, than I do younger ladies.  

Personally I think backpage/pimps/ back channel chatgroups/review board members manipulated the market to keep the wages dirt cheap.  People always say the market dictates but the market can be manipulated.  

11 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

If you can't afford to pay for the luxury of companionship and everything that's included in that, then you can't afford it.  Don't complain about it. I can't afford a lot of luxury experiences. No biggie, I can't indulge.  I'm not calling and emailing businesses that offer luxury services, and complaining to them about what they cost. My rent, bills etc really don't factor into that. Honestly, I don't care what profession any of us are in, none of us should still be making wages from 20yrs ago.  That's nuts. 

What in my post conveys a complaint?????

7 minutes ago, mustang said:

I meant people who complain about the rising cost of provider's rates. I didn't mean YOU personally, unless YOU are one of those people. 

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

58 minutes ago, mustang said:

Speak freely of any opinions you might have, this discussion is directly asking for advice to keep things cost-effective post-Covid.

If we (providers) are unaware of general hobbyists' trends/desires/changing market conditions, we can't adapt...

And @Hunter VanDyke, well said above re: age. :-)  As you know I've always been super-insular, tend to just keep to myself -- so always nice to hear from you.

37 minutes ago, JessicaJonesing said:

And @Hunter VanDyke, well said above re: age. :-)  As you know I've always been super-insular, tend to just keep to myself -- so always nice to hear from you.

I hope things are going well for you and yours during your hiatus,/retirement whatever the case may be. 😊

22 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I hope things are going well for you and yours during your hiatus,/retirement whatever the case may be. 😊

We got covid, and it was brutal, the vaccine was hard too -- I think we were too close to recovery/contraction when we got the shots...

@Audrey Astor @Kali Sensual Reiki  @SultryKitten @Emily Jordan other, ahem, "established" providers, where are you on all of this rate increase stuff? What's new post-covid?

What's the difference between a 200  or a 400 Hour lady.  Better lookin, younger older, nicer, kinkier, will ing to do more or less.

Since I'm only good for 1 shot at a time, I don't get it.  Except if I wanted a trophy just so I knew I had her her once. Or maybe if I just wanted to rent a companion or girlfriend.  

Ive told a few they are gorgeous and could probably get a lot more,   they always agree,  but say they don't want to throw back the smaller fish waiting for the big one. I tell em I appreciate that.

Edited by Mike940370

8 hours ago, JessicaJonesing said:

We got covid, and it was brutal, the vaccine was hard too -- I think we were too close to recovery/contraction when we got the shots...

@Audrey Astor @Kali Sensual Reiki  @SultryKitten @Emily Jordan other, ahem, "established" providers, where are you on all of this rate increase stuff? What's new post-covid?

Hey, check it out! A rate thread started by one of the ladies - first time for everything.

sSOIrCm.gif

How about a punch card for your regulars, after 5 visits, 50% off after 10 visits, get one free!

Sure would be fun trying to reach the 10th

What can a provider do to makes thing better for clients?

My suggestion is respect us, treat us like you are very happy to see us and spend time with us.  Maybe even tell us that you are glad you got to spend time with us.

A long retired lady used to send me an email after every visit with a sexy caricature of her thanking me for coming to visit telling me how much she enjoyed our time together. She did that after our first visit and it made me come back several times until she retired.

I'm not saying the ladies should do what I referenced above.  But a simple "it was great seeing you again.  I can't wait until next time" or something along those lines would go a long ways to making us feel appreciated and want to spend more time with a particular lady.

WHY is a provider posting a rate thread? WHY Is a provider WHOS NOT EVEN PROVIDING....asking CLIENTS how we should help them financially. 

Edited by MeganMarie4u

2 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

WHY is a provider posting a rate thread? WHY Is a provider WHOS NOT EVEN PROVIDING....asking CLIENTS how we should help them financially. 

I don't think her intent was to start a rate thread, but as so often happens, threads on here don't end up where the OP intended.  I for one appreciate begin asked my opinion on the topic. I won't dare give that opinion for fear of being accused of telling ladies how to run their businesses. But I did appreciate being asked. :D

2 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

I understand wanting to help clients out through difficult times, but we work in a profession where we have to make some really difficult decisions because of covid. Social distancing, working remotely, wearing masks aren't an option for us. With so many providers who were forced into retirement/hiatus or risk getting sick or worse getting our loved ones sick (I know a few who got very very sick and more than once) Even for a lot of ladies who decided to continue on, a significant portion of clients stayed away for obvious reasons, so retirement/hiatus wasn't even a choice, they were forced into it because of lack of work.  For a client to see a provider during covid is 100% pure choice, and will not affect their financial survival in the least.  I personally find it offensive that anyone would use covid to get lower rates/gimmes/anything extr, but there will always be people who take advantage during times like these.  

Nobody wants me to come to their business.... and tell them they should charge less for the same amount of work. Nor do 99% of people want anybody else's opinions on how they should do their job. If you're not a provider don't speak on provider business. Same goes for if you're not a doctor don't speak on being a doctor. It's really common sense.....   to me anyways 🙃

4 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

What can a provider do to makes thing better for clients?

My suggestion is respect us, treat us like you are very happy to see us and spend time with us.  Maybe even tell us that you are glad you got to spend time with us.

A long retired lady used to send me an email after every visit with a sexy caricature of her thanking me for coming to visit telling me how much she enjoyed our time together. She did that after our first visit and it made me come back several times until she retired.

I'm not saying the ladies should do what I referenced above.  But a simple "it was great seeing you again.  I can't wait until next time" or something along those lines would go a long ways to making us feel appreciated and want to spend more time with a particular lady.

Thanks for posting this.  And it goes both ways.  I always text a "Thanks" after meeting with a lady, and let them know how much I enjoyed spending time with them.  Many respond "in kind" and it can set the stage for future visits.  And truth is, I really am grateful to have spent time with them and want them to know I appreciate them.

20 hours ago, Mike940370 said:

What's the difference between a 200  or a 400 Hour lady.  Better lookin, younger older, nicer, kinkier, will ing to do more or less.

Since I'm only good for 1 shot at a time, I don't get it.  Except if I wanted a trophy just so I knew I had her her once. Or maybe if I just wanted to rent a companion or girlfriend.  

Ive told a few they are gorgeous and could probably get a lot more,   they always agree,  but say they don't want to throw back the smaller fish waiting for the big one. I tell em I appreciate that.

What I have always wondered is the providers that charge $500, $1000 and up. Was always curious to know how that works out in terms of getting enough clients at those rates. Was never curious enough to pay those amounts, so that I could actually ask in person, though.

5 hours ago, jalanp said:

Was always curious to know how that works out in terms of getting enough clients at those rates. Was never curious enough to pay those amounts, so that I could actually ask in person, though.

Seems to me that'd be an inappropriate question, regardless of the price point.

9 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

I don't think her intent was to start a rate thread, but as so often happens, threads on here don't end up where the OP intended.  I for one appreciate begin asked my opinion on the topic. I won't dare give that opinion for fear of being accused of telling ladies how to run their businesses. But I did appreciate being asked. :D

Totally agree. My wife would always ask my opinion and then we did what she wanted. Ain't life a bitch! :P