Chrissy

Hey Friends..I wanna Get Nosey :)

25 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone! 

Sooooo Most of us skipped out for the 2020 year. I definitely did and used that time to focus and advance in my Real world career. (Essential worker here LOL)

Now that some of us are coming back To the Hobby I am curious to know  WHAT YOU did the Last year while you had Forced time on your Hands?? 

I Learned to play Mancala and frisbee golf!!  

Got my very first Car (I was 16 yrs old) up and running with tons of help of course!

Adopted a new doggie :)

Completed about 10- 500 piece puzzles.

Learned to do My OWN Mani and pedis LOL!

Butchered my First Own haircut Last March :(

....... What did You do?!? 

57 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

Hey Everyone! 

Sooooo Most of us skipped out for the 2020 year. I definitely did and used that time to focus and advance in my Real world career. (Essential worker here LOL)

Now that some of us are coming back To the Hobby I am curious to know  WHAT YOU did the Last year while you had Forced time on your Hands?? 

I Learned to play Mancala and frisbee golf!!  

Got my very first Car (I was 16 yrs old) up and running with tons of help of course!

Adopted a new doggie :)

Completed about 10- 500 piece puzzles.

Learned to do My OWN Mani and pedis LOL!

Butchered my First Own haircut Last March :(

....... What did You do?!? 

Great post.  Sounds like you made some great choices and accomplishments during a very challenging year. 

My 2020 didn't have much new for me.  I worked at my job until I retired (though I am back to work part-time).  Built on my meditation practice.  Started learning to play the harmonica.  Began mixing my own e-juice for vaping (and that has been a blast).  Focused more on keeping in touch with friends via phone and text.  Learned how to Zoom (like most folks in 2020).

Biggest accomplishment is that I stayed reasonably healthy and have tested negative for COVID about 6 times from September through 3 weeks ago.

And though this is not a 2020 accomplishment, I just celebrated a sobriety milestone of many years. 

I am grateful for the help and support I've gotten and have tried to be there for others because we don't do this "life thing" by ourselves.

I pretty much gave up on the hobby in 2020. As far as having extra time on my hands though, that didn't happen. The road and highway construction industry went nuts because we finally was able to work with very little traffic in out way for a good portion of the year. So as far as highway work went, we was actually busier than we normally are. But now its time to open back up and hopefully do a little hobbying,  although I'm finding it harder to get the ladies to set appointments 

I masturbated a lot! 

(Thanks for the pics, ladies!)

Edited by pfunk

I did things around the house, remodeled the kitchen, the master bath, set up a new RODI unit for my reef tanks so that the water I use is almost 100% pure. Raised up some new aquarium fishes and as always new coral to give to my friends that like that sort of thing, um, bored as Hades, wishing this crap will just go away, watching entirely too much Netflix, HBO on Demand, HULU and anything else that might make me feel like I might not lose my mind....

One of the things I did that I'm most proud of, given the situation we are all in is this...I kept my "day job" and was thus able to help out my kids who were struggling.

I'm grateful for that. The best thing about that was of all the kids, not one asked for any help.

Such a proud Dad I am.....

9 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

I did things around the house, remodeled the kitchen, the master bath, set up a new RODI unit for my reef tanks so that the water I use is almost 100% pure. Raised up some new aquarium fishes and as always new coral to give to my friends that like that sort of thing, um, bored as Hades, wishing this crap will just go away, watching entirely too much Netflix, HBO on Demand, HULU and anything else that might make me feel like I might not lose my mind....

One of the things I did that I'm most proud of, given the situation we are all in is this...I kept my "day job" and was thus able to help out my kids who were struggling.

I'm grateful for that. The best thing about that was of all the kids, not one asked for any help.

Such a proud Dad I am.....

Sounds like you made the best of a challenging year.  Like you, I watched WAY too much on Netflix and Hulu.  And I'm still watching too much, but have discovered some "new to me" shows that I enjoy.

after breaking my back December 2019 I was bound to spend 2020 recovering. I barely traveled barely worked and barely recovered.... man am I ready for 2021 to be over so 2022 can be more normal.... but I will say. I was still here for the trolls and the tob shenanigans.... so many faces I miss seeing!!

1 hour ago, MeganMarie4u said:

after breaking my back December 2019 I was bound to spend 2020 recovering. I barely traveled barely worked and barely recovered.... man am I ready for 2021 to be over so 2022 can be more normal.... but I will say. I was still here for the trolls and the tob shenanigans.... so many faces I miss seeing!!

Wow Megan Love I m sorry you are going through it still :( I am back, so you can definitely count on me for my piece of crazy on here LOL. Prayers going your way my dear😘

LOL  The first time read this I THOUHT you said you got your first car AND you were 16.  I slowed down and realized that you got your first car at the age of 16 and after you got it running again.  What can go wrong with a car that you have only had 8 - 9 years??? :)

Edited by mustang
spelling

I did squat. Have not been to the gym in a year and feeling it. I get my second shot next Saturday and I cannot wait.

About a week later I will be on the prowell jonesin for a tasty pussy to eat for a long time to make up for 2020.

My life really didn't change. I am an essential worker and it was business as usual. Yeah my life is like "Ground Hog Day" but I am no Bill Murray. Still I started doing more things around the property, since other entertainment venues were closed. My garden should be great this year.

Other than a lack of social life my life has gone on the same, split time between working from home and going to the office.

welcome back Chrissy

As a hobbyist I definitely skipped out too. Tough decision but it is what it is. A lot of staying home, going out fishing, more active, cruising around the mountain back roads, buying different brews to try that I normally wouldn’t...but most of all I was able to save a lot of money as I stepped away so that’s positive. Having the itch to get back into it soon but also contemplating whether or not I should call it an end for good and focus on my future. 

I had several loved ones pass away in 2020, none with Covid.  What I did/learned is to appreciate and enjoy each and every day to the fullest and tell your loved ones, you love them.

I picked up running again. Got really into board games (the more complex the better). Found out that I enjoy the hell out of building lego technic sets, and find the lock step direction of it therapeutic in a sense. Got way too involved in local politics. Gave up alcohol because it wasn't doing me any favors during lockdown(s). Now I'm patiently awaiting warmer weather so I can start working on improving my landscaping. 

21 hours ago, BigBaldBlk said:

I had several loved ones pass away in 2020, none with Covid.  What I did/learned is to appreciate and enjoy each and every day to the fullest and tell your loved ones, you love them.

So sorry for your losses.  And you offer some great advice.  I need to remember to tell the folks I love that I love them.  And I want to remember to look for the good in each day, even a small amount of good.  During tough times, finding things to be grateful for helps keep me mentally and emotionally healthy.  Thanks to you for the great person you are.

Worked, worked and worked more....no rest or forced free time for us trucker drivers. Too many grocery stores, medical places and restaurants needed and still need their products and/or supplies delivered to their respected places for the masses.  When I did get a day off I made sure to enjoy some company.

Edited by 50-DE

On 2/24/2021 at 11:17 AM, BigBaldBlk said:

BBB, so sorry for your losses.  It's always tough to lose a loved one.  I hope things are looking better for you.  If you need/want to talk, you where to find me.

Great post!   Thanks Chrissy and great to see you’re back on the boards!

I did some puzzles, probably about 10,000 pieces total.  But mostly I’ve done nothing but a job search.  Got laid off and they said it wasn’t because of COVID, which is of course a lie, but there’s nothing I can do about that.  Unemployment screwed up my benefits so I haven’t been able to get them even though it’s totally their fault. 

But mostly, I’ve been realizing how lucky and blessed I am to have so many people around with such great attitudes!   I haven’t been responding much to the boards but I want all of you to know that it’s great to be able to login and get some good vibes from the people in this community!

Thanks all!

I celebrated the lock up by getting shoulder surgery in February - actually just days before the lockdowns started.  After I was mended I started working out again (at home) cardio and weights.  Managed to lose 15 pounds and replace a bunch of fat with muscle.  If I ever get a vaccine I will return to the hobby fit and lit! 

On 2/20/2021 at 2:26 PM, pfunk said:

I masturbated a lot! 

(Thanks for the pics, ladies!)

Lmao! HA

On 2/21/2021 at 3:33 PM, mustang said:

LOL  The first time read this I THOUHT you said you got your first car AND you were 16.  I slowed down and realized that you got your first car at the age of 16 and after you got it running again.  What can go wrong with a car that you have only had 8 - 9 years??? :)

I thought she meant that too lol

I had a dream I saw two in March 2020 and four in October 2020..................

Oh wait.....................

Was it a dream?

Chrissy.. Nice to hear that your doing well. In fact I thought of you, it's been 4 years this April. When I gave up smoking  cigarettes. Glad your doing well. Welcome back.