Jenine

CoVid and providers

57 posts in this topic

Covid19 is the new STD. 

Each of us must do what feels right in our own hearts. For the most part am not a big party person. Even going to Meet&Greet's a few years ago, I stuck to myself. Not that I am afraid to interact. It is just not my thing to be the "Center of the party". Not that I am trying to be anti social. I enjoy gatherings. I often enjoy watching how others interact. I am just reserved . Don't think I will be going to any gatherings a month ago.  Also, I am very skeptical of any vaccine. Think I will never have another flu shot either. I had a horrible reaction to the one I recently got .

On 12/11/2020 at 11:36 AM, sb1212 said:

I just received a positive antibody test, although I never had any symptoms.  While this us not absolute immunity, it dramatically lessens the chances that I will be infected. Back in the game!

You probably know this, but a note about anti-body testing & results...

"Research suggests antibody levels may wane over just a few months. And while a positive antibody test proves you’ve been exposed to the virus, it’s not yet known whether such results indicate a lack of contagiousness or long-lasting, protective immunity."

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/which-test-is-best-for-covid-19-2020081020734

I can't get past potentially giving it so someone else. My work won't let me stay out of public and I'm often assigned to risky areas, so I do my best to be careful. It is a drag.

But, fuck, there are 3,000 people a day dying. Not a joke. Many, many more getting sick, some with aftereffects that they don't know will ever clear up. (And now there is research indicating that ED might be an issue. ///Every TOB'er suddenly puts on a mask or two! ha.///)

I sort of just consider folks temporarily radioactive. Keep a bit of distance, don't hang out too long and hopefully, I  won't catch it, kill grandma and my dick won't break. (oh, didn't mean to mention Mr. Happy and granny in the same sentence....)

So, nope, out of the hobby for the duration. But, as soon as they jab me with the vax, there is a long list of folks who are going to get tired of seeing me. Ha.

On 12/11/2020 at 3:42 PM, wglide2003 said:

I have scaled back some and being very cautious in all interactions.

I agree.

Edited by Igno
wrong quote

On 12/11/2020 at 10:24 AM, BigBaldBlk said:

This would have been perfect for a poll.  I for one am still playing and practicing the same practices as I've always done.

Me too..

So far the big head has won out and I'm staying home. The little head is starting to get more persuasive though.  Waiting for the vaccine.

21 hours ago, Just Plain Joe said:

So far the big head has won out and I'm staying home. The little head is starting to get more persuasive though.  Waiting for the vaccine.

I have stayed home as well.  The Gov't seems to be indicating that a  vaccine will be available by June to anyone that wants it.  Though I think it might take a period of time after vaccination (or the second vaccination if it's a two dose vaccine) for the vaccine  to take full effect.  Perhaps that means a full vaccination effect by August for those that get vaccinated in June?

On 12/16/2020 at 6:28 AM, Phil-anderer said:

I'm 6+ weeks out, and STILL not back to normal.  It's definitely affecting people quite differently, but I'm glad for anyone who is over it in a week!

Don't worry you will also get back to normal soon just take care and do all the safety precautions 

8 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Just tested negative—- I respect YOU!

Audrey, so glad you tested negative.  I've been tested 3 times and all have been negative.  For that I am grateful.  I'll probably get tested again next week.  

I tested negative 3 times and then tested positive for the antibodies. My positive antibody test was at the same time as my third negative covid test. I will let all of you offer your opinions on how that works before I tell you what the Dr said.  A fabulous prize for whomever gets it right. 

3 hours ago, sb1212 said:

I tested negative 3 times and then tested positive for the antibodies. My positive antibody test was at the same time as my third negative covid test. I will let all of you offer your opinions on how that works before I tell you what the Dr said.  A fabulous prize for whomever gets it right. 

1.) that you had an incredibly low viral load so the swabs showed up negative but you still have the antibodies from infection 

2.) you have some immunity even though you were never exposed 

3.) different testing practices so it was missed entirely

4.) it’s a conspiracy 

On 12/29/2020 at 1:51 PM, JoDoe27 said:

1.) that you had an incredibly low viral load so the swabs showed up negative but you still have the antibodies from infection 

2.) you have some immunity even though you were never exposed 

3.) different testing practices so it was missed entirely

4.) it’s a conspiracy 

Your first guess is pretty close. I  was with someone for four days who tested positive and was ultimately hospitalized. Dr says that provided me with enough exposure to create antibodies with out actually contracting the virus. Same way a vaccine works. 

I'm still seeing some women, I also work at home full time and don't go out a lot so I feel like I am pretty low risk to the women I am seeing - more important to me that I don't make them sick than worrying about if I might get sick.

I skipped the whole summer and fall, started again at the start of November (then waited until the end of December when rates were lower again from a spike).

I also improve my odds by regularly taking vitamin D, supposed to improve your resistance to getting really sick - also good strong mouthwash after (I always use it before of course as well!), as it's supposed to kill off any COVID with around 15 seconds of exposure.  Even if some of it was in your lungs, anything that could reduce viral load has the potential to help.

Had covid a little while back and feel great.  I’ll count myself lucky, but I have been preparing for it all year.  Vitamin d, sunshine, zinc, b12, melatonin, elderberry, exercise, etc.  My mentality is quarantine if you or anyone you know is at high risk. They will be debating this for decades.  Now if Ebola makes its way here that is a different story.

On 12/11/2020 at 11:24 AM, BigBaldBlk said:

This would have been perfect for a poll.  I for one am still playing and practicing the same practices as I've always done.

Hey BBB! long time no see! I too never stopped my life as usual lol. 

On 12/15/2020 at 11:02 PM, tide32 said:

One way to find out!

Dust that thing off and put it back in the display case.

Lol

I am now fully vaccinated. Nothing but a sore arm for a couple of days afterward. But I still wear a mask when I go out. 

Never changed a thing that I wasn't doing already,  practice safety with everything you do and that's the best I can hope for.

And yes I believe as well we will all catch this sooner or later just like the flu, I get the flu shot every year but I still get the flu every couple years so nothing is full proof!

I essentially agree with you on the statement that everyone will eventually get COVID-19. Just like a flu shot, the COVID vaccine does not make a person immune to COVID. Also, just like a flu shot, the COVID vaccine lessens the chances one will get it and if they do it reduces the effects.

Time will tell, but I wonder if , also like the flu, we will need a new Covid shot every year. Perhaps they’d combine them to one annual vaccination.

I was talking with a friend yesterday about the COVID vaccine.  As others have said, I think it may be a yearly vaccine similar to the flu vaccine.  It may change every year based on the strains of the virus that are prevalent (we base our flu vaccine on Australia because they are 6 months ahead of us.  We see which strains hit them and base our flu vaccine on the most prevalent strains of the flu virus).

Still playing but at lower rate.  I have had both my vaccines months ago due to nature of my job and volunteering.  still get tested periodically and all are neg.  Hopefully both shots will keep me safe as well as protecting others.  

Got my second shot a couple of weeks ago, but think I'll keep it in my pants a while longer. Don't want to tempt faith.....

Will definitely have both of us do a rapid test before knocking boots.