Autumn of Aurora

Halloween

39 posts in this topic

Hey everybody,  so most people are really excited for the cold weather which I guess we're in a state that gets all seasons. I asked my daughter what her favorite candy to get in her bag/basket when she was young and went trick or treating. She said Snickers. My favorite is candy corn as I eat chocolate all year. So I wanted to see what all of your favorites are and see which candy is the most popular. 

Can't wait to see what all of your favorites are...

I like the mini snickers too and laffy taffy. 😊When I was young enough to trick or treat, someone would always give out popcorn balls and I LOVED those. They were salty and sweet. 💛🧡🖤

I liked sixlets as a kid.  As an adult I just moved the i and e (sexlits) Lol.

20201002_071545.jpg

Where to begin?! I don't know if just have one favorite, let me rattle them off....snickers, butterfinger, skittles, Dots, the old school peanut butter taffy that came in the orange and black wrappers(you would chip a tooth if they weren't soft), twizzlers, heath, etc. Do people frown on adults trick o' treating?! Asking for a friend. ;)

56 minutes ago, Steve Rogers said:

Where to begin?! I don't know if just have one favorite, let me rattle them off....snickers, butterfinger, skittles, Dots, the old school peanut butter taffy that came in the orange and black wrappers(you would chip a tooth if they weren't soft), twizzlers, heath, etc. Do people frown on adults trick o' treating?! Asking for a friend. ;)

Nice, I know before people would frown but I say if you are dressed for the occasion then go for it!

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!! I only get them this time of year by stealing them out of my kids trick or treat stash. Surely they won't miss one or two!

6 minutes ago, frostyjack said:

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!! I only get them this time of year by stealing them out of my kids trick or treat stash. Surely they won't miss one or two!

Don't you love that! I would take all the pillowcases full of candy and tell my kids I had to check all candy before they could eat any. I would take a few favorites before they got them back!

1 hour ago, Steve Rogers said:

Nice, I know before people would frown but I say if you are dressed for the occasion then go for it!

3 hours ago, frostyjack said:

Dad tax!

I am surprised not 1 reply for favorite candy is the same. Are you ladies/gentleman reading others answers and naming different 1's? If so then I am excited to see how many different kinds of candy are really out there.  Especially if you are native to a different country and you have a favorite candy that Americans don't know about, would love to hear!

Reese’s Peanut butter cups for sure

lately I’ve been hooked on the take dive bar.  

Reese's Peanut Butter cup for sure. Couple of those with a cup of coffee in the morning or with a glass of cold mike in the afternoon,,,,,so good!

16 hours ago, Autumn of Aurora said:

I am surprised not 1 reply for favorite candy is the same. Are you ladies/gentleman reading others answers and naming different 1's? If so then I am excited to see how many different kinds of candy are really out there.  Especially if you are native to a different country and you have a favorite candy that Americans don't know about, would love to hear!

The one I choose was one of my favorites as a kid. I do like snickers, almond joys, peanut M&Ms &  Hershey's with almonds, 

On 10/1/2020 at 1:39 PM, Autumn of Aurora said:

Hey everybody,  so most people are really excited for the cold weather which I guess we're in a state that gets all seasons. I asked my daughter what her favorite candy to get in her bag/basket when she was young and went trick or treating. She said Snickers. My favorite is candy corn as I eat chocolate all year. So I wanted to see what all of your favorites are and see which candy is the most popular. 

I like any chocolate, especially dark chocolate and just about any candy bar--including reeses, kit kat, snickers and the specialty ones like lindt, godiva, dagoba, etc. but you said for Trick or Treat...so, I'm happy with the Hershey's kisses too! Brach's --NEVER...

Meanwhile, check out the retro '80s New Wave KIT KAT ad: members only jacket, pink headband, teardrop glasses, neon pink & blue color scheme, blue eyeshadow, shoulder pads, fanny pack, big hair, funky loud tie, etc...I have a baggy yellow shirt just like that! 😂

On 02/10/2020 at 0:39 AM, Autumn of Aurora said:

I just love chocolate, It doesn't matter of which brand <3 :wub:  

Hs_5Ce8ecmXodh-AdEVHyT07irPaZ-zAAhYkKYRJgS5CVzHKs0cAAdyeAF9TIgyh4KI5gqYmyuIDwJnf2f9wCdNvJ5WbQOlSoRr5zmmzMalyR1-RQxvlOtTZkJq9G_GPUiVZ6_WX-1-1-1024x683.jpeg

Three Musketeers or Milky Ways. Would pop them in the freezer, they’d substitute for a fudge sickle. Almond Joys would be my other choice.

7 hours ago, Kaduk said:

F2DB24CE-E289-4F97-A4C4-228BEF93CD13_1_201_a.jpeg

Now you're talking Kaduk!

Hard to argue with Kaduk's suggestion, but:

Midnight Milkyway

Ghirardelli Intense Dark (92%) and dark choc/caramel fill

Awe hell, anything with dark chocolate 💙

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

Awe hell, anything with dark chocolate 💙

depositphotos_33078957-stock-photo-close

Intensely Dark 92% Cacao. Once you taste 92% you will never to go back to milk chocolate.... ever.

I agree dark chocolate is amazing and it can add 7 years to your life!