gb0138

Plan A vs Plan B-lesson learned

32 posts in this topic

Today I had an appointment canceled by a provider while 50 minutes into a one hour drive. (Rebooked 2 days out however) While not happy, stuff happens. So instead of driving the 50 minutes back, I started to wing it on an alternative ASP. Of course I got scammed. Argh.  I only blame myself because I missed the cues. However, I am setting a hard and fast rule in the future.  Never do a plan B if plan A falls apart. Take your lumps, keep your money in your pocket, and drive home. It’s not worth the possibility of making a bad decision IMHO

Well, if Plan B was with one of our more reliable friends, you might be happier.  But grabbing strange at the last minute, w/o proper research ...

Better luck next time.

I hope it wasn’t a tob lady cuz I know they wouldn’t have done that to you

4 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

I hope it wasn’t a tob lady cuz I know they wouldn’t have done that to you

It wasn’t TOB but I have had it happen before. This time was P411. I think anything can happen on any given day. It just wasn’t my day. 🤔

9 hours ago, gb0138 said:

It wasn’t TOB but I have had it happen before. This time was P411. I think anything can happen on any given day. It just wasn’t my day. 🤔

You took a positive attitude worked through issues to reschedule. To note:: it helps to follow through with a same day confirmation before you leave your location and travel the distance. In saying that I would've applied the same procedure and made way to be within 5 minute of the finale destination on time whether I had heard from her or not, with a plan B in hand.

AnD:: a plan B could be any type of adventure.

26 minutes ago, gb0138 said:

I'm sorry to hear you were scammed. Be sure to let P411 know if they have someone dishonest in their database. Better luck next time!

Have her make it up to you during your reschedule appointment.

Im betting she will!

My Plan B with a total stranger (TOB ad, no reviews, looked cute, replied in 5 and was ready in 20) turned out to be one of my ATFs, and that initial encounter stands as one of the top dates of all time.  I go to Plan B on every standup and almost always enjoy the outcome.

YMMV

9 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Well, if Plan B was with one of our more reliable friends, you might be happier.  But grabbing strange at the last minute, w/o proper research ...

Better luck next time.

Totally agree with Bit, met some great "plan B" ladies, but on short notice stick with well reviewed ladies you've seen before or wanted to see but never pulled the trigger!

Never let your little head think when you're in a pinch, so many beautiful ladies to choose from why take chances on the unknown?

But at least you only lost some $ and not the alternative with le....

19 hours ago, gb0138 said:

Today I had an appointment canceled by a provider while 50 minutes into a one hour drive. (Rebooked 2 days out however) While not happy, stuff happens. So instead of driving the 50 minutes back, I started to wing it on an alternative ASP. Of course I got scammed. Argh.  I only blame myself because I missed the cues. However, I am setting a hard and fast rule in the future.  Never do a plan B if plan A falls apart. Take your lumps, keep your money in your pocket, and drive home. It’s not worth the possibility of making a bad decision IMHO

I did this one time in Chicago many years ago.  A lady I knew in Chicago that I would go see for a Thai Massage (not an AMP or asian) was unavailable and in the BV Islands with her boyfriend for a few months.

As things happen, the little head was wanting to speak and I searched Backpage until I saw an ad with with a 720 azrea code and thought "a Denver lady here in Chicago. What good luck".

I show up at the appointed time and in area of Chicago that was more than a little sketchy. Again the little head was doing all the thinking and I went a head and went to the door. when the door opened, the person who answered was not the lady in the ad.  Not even close by a longshot. But the little head was calling the shots and I went inside. Went to the bedroom, paid the donation, got naked, that is when the shakedown started.  She started in...She said her boyfriend was in another room and wanted to join us and I said no. Then she said it was her birthday and I should give her more money as a birthday gift.  I was refusing and she says something like "should I call my boyfriend in here?" I then gave her another $200, got dressed as quickly as I could and got the hell out of there.

I felt lucky I got out of there with my life.  I swore off BP forever then and vowed never to let the little head do the thinking for me.

This happened roughly 10 years ago and to this day, I do not, will not hobby when I'm on the road.

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

This happened roughly 10 years ago and to this day, I do not, will not hobby when I'm on the road.

I have had good luck with P411 when on the road.  BP, etc. - not so much.

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

How about them dark alleys?

2 hours ago, Kaduk said:

How about them dark alleys?

Chicago can be a scary place if you get off the beaten path.

On 6/17/2020 at 1:58 PM, gb0138 said:

Ugh, so sorry this happened to you.

Do your homework here, there are so many ladies that would never think to cancel on you in the last minute. Shit happens in life and in hobbying sometimes!

13 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I did this one time in Chicago many years ago.  A lady I knew in Chicago that I would go see for a Thai Massage (not an AMP or asian) was unavailable and in the BV Islands with her boyfriend for a few months.

As things happen, the little head was wanting to speak and I searched Backpage until I saw an ad with with a 720 azrea code and thought "a Denver lady here in Chicago. What good luck".

I show up at the appointed time and in area of Chicago that was more than a little sketchy. Again the little head was doing all the thinking and I went a head and went to the door. when the door opened, the person who answered was not the lady in the ad.  Not even close by a longshot. But the little head was calling the shots and I went inside. Went to the bedroom, paid the donation, got naked, that is when the shakedown started.  She started in...She said her boyfriend was in another room and wanted to join us and I said no. Then she said it was her birthday and I should give her more money as a birthday gift.  I was refusing and she says something like "should I call my boyfriend in here?" I then gave her another $200, got dressed as quickly as I could and got the hell out of there.

I felt lucky I got out of there with my life.  I swore off BP forever then and vowed never to let the little head do the thinking for me.

That's so fucked up on so many levels!

Nope, the little head should do 25% of the thinking! HAHA Thanks for sharing this one!

On 6/17/2020 at 5:21 PM, BadBoy said:

My Plan B with a total stranger (TOB ad, no reviews, looked cute, replied in 5 and was ready in 20) turned out to be one of my ATFs, and that initial encounter stands as one of the top dates of all time.  I go to Plan B on every standup and almost always enjoy the outcome.

YMMV

I must agree with you, plan Bs for me = awesome outcomes as well.

I once had a ncns incall with a travelling provider at a DTC hotel.  Got to the parking lot and then...nothing. Called one of my nearby regulars who was available in 30 min.  Time for a cup of coffee followed by a mind-blowing 90 min session. Moral of the story: having a plan B and a positive history with our lovely locals is a good thing!

25 minutes ago, sb1212 said:

I once had a ncns incall with a travelling provider at a DTC hotel.  Got to the parking lot and then...nothing. Called one of my nearby regulars who was available in 30 min.  Time for a cup of coffee followed by a mind-blowing 90 min session. Moral of the story: having a plan B and a positive history with our lovely locals is a good thing!

Amen...

23 minutes ago, sb1212 said:

... and a positive history with our lovely locals is a good thing!

A “positive history” can be a tremendous asset when trying to book last minute appointments.

discovered a fantastic AMP as a plan B when a NCNS landed in my lap as i was parking the car at her incall...

had a plan B in Minneapolis ten out to be a regular visit till she stopped posting...

had a plan A be my ATF for years...

Thought a plan A would be an ATF from pics posts and pm's, turned out better filed as a future plan B...

it is what it is...

HW is a YMMV world and you just gotta be ready to accept what it gives you and grateful when you feel you get out of it what you put into it

Sorry you got the "boyfriend in the next room for $ shuffle', most everyone in the hobby will have a 'got scammed' story of some kind, or robbed, or cheated, or or or...

Chin up and turn the page and learn and hobby better and live safer and happier...

As someone who has been plan b alot lol I get told it worked out better anyways so I wouldn't give up on plan b just make sure who u see has good credentials 

Unfortunately I plan my days in advance.  So if Plan A is unavailable, I abort and just wait for another day.

I get in the mood for a great experience and when plan A fails or no show I need a plan B because  I’m already turned on and ready to go. I just need to pour ice down my pants and wait until another day.  My plan B from TOB ladies are always good. If I go elsewhere I can get into less GFE experiences. With Covid I haven’t seen anybody this year but I’m ready. I’m just afraid the ladies are not kissing because of the virus and I love kissing. 

It's always good to have plan A, B, even a good C.  

I just think it's really crappy when you go to B or C and say shit like "Oh i wanted to go see A, but she wasn't available, then I blasted a text out to 20 different Bs, and you were just the first one to respond..."  Yeah that's not a good way to have a great time.  I mean, that's just idiotic, but apparently happens all the damn time.

What's wrong with us guys that they can't shut up about someone else while with another person?  

12 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

It's always good to have plan A, B, even a good C.  

I just think it's really crappy when you go to B or C and say shit like "Oh i wanted to go see A, but she wasn't available, then I blasted a text out to 20 different Bs, and you were just the first one to respond..."  Yeah that's not a good way to have a great time.  I mean, that's just idiotic, but apparently happens all the damn time.

• Might indicate plan A then plan A1 :: with equal interest.
    • Plan B ?.
  • Plan C:: if you have the time slotted as free one could go discover the wonders that Denver has to offer

51Mc6xbyoDL._AC_SX522_.jpg

A creature of necessity ; to take what the day offers an go with it.....

7 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

What's wrong with us guys that they can't shut up about someone else while with another person?  

Too much of our brain is stuck in our dick!

question for all you plan B'ers. and also any lady who wants to add their input

When your plan A fails 

1.  how much time do you give her to respond before you leave and go to plan b

2. when you contact plan b how much time do you give her to respond

3.  do you contact more than one plan b at the same time

4.  do you also contact your plan b and make an appt. after you have already made an appt. with plan a and then cancel plan b if a shows up?

I have not had much luck going to plan b.  I live a 3 hr drive from the Dtc and really can't wait too many more hours . even with plan a on time I have spent 7 hours.

(I never call multiple plan bs at the same time or make an appt. with plan a and plan b.  ) Just looking for a little guidance.

I generally wait 15min before I finger that I’ve been stood up.  IMHO it’s officially NC/NS if I haven’t heard from her by the end of our appointed time.

Since I’m now single and ‘window of opportunity’ is less of an issue, I usually don’t bother with a Plan B.  I’ll schedule something tomorrow or the next day.  If she calls to cancel with several hours notice, I may try to schedule with someone else the same day.

In days of yore, I had about 15min to be at Plan B’s door for a 1/2hr quickie before my window slammed shut.  Plan B seldom worked out.  Nor did I find shotgun calls effective; you burned future prospects.

If I had to invest 7hrs in an appointment, I would be VERY particular about with whom I scheduled.  I’ve driven DTC to FtC, but that was for a multi-hour party with friends for which I had placed a deposit.

I have only had a plan A.  If plan A didn't work out, then I'd just kiss it off and try again another day.