Elle Blake

How's traffic in Denver interfere with your ability to hobby??

58 posts in this topic

Do you find the traffic is the reason your not able to see your choose provider? 

If I want to see a lady, I take into account the traffic and how far I have to go.

I've been known to drive 90+ minutes to see a lady as well as fly to another city just to see a lady.

It is all in how you want to look at things and if it is worth it to you or not.

Everyone has their own limits and who are we to judge want another person's limts are?

I always take the traffic into my planning since I live far out typically an hour out.  The ladies have always been cooperative in giving approximate locations. That being said, I have been late on occasion. 

I'm in Colorado Springs. At this point, I won't drive to Denver for a session anymore. The drive distance and drama ruins the pregame anticipation,and post-game glow.

I’m from Pueblo and appreciate when some of the Denver ladies travel to Springs or host in DTC ... driving to Denver is tough enough driving through it is a killer for planning the trip. 

I prefer morning appointments. So YES, absolutely the traffic comes into play when I get a chance to visit a lady. My time is limited so I tend to select ladies nearer to me. There are many other ladies I'd love to visit if it weren't for the traffic.  

You didn’t ask the ladies, but traffic plays a role for me. With all of these “right now”, requests, I need to be able to get to my office in 10 minutes or less. 

18 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

Do you find the traffic is the reason your not able to see your choose provider? 

Yes. Couple that with distance and I see who I'd like to see less often.

16 hours ago, Admiral C said:

I'm in Colorado Springs. At this point, I won't drive to Denver for a session anymore. The drive distance and drama ruins the pregame anticipation,and post-game glow.

The exact opposite direction for me driving wise but I agree with you. It's too bad, really.  There are a few ladies in the Springs I really wanted to meet. 

18 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

Chosen provider!!  Fucking auto correct!

20 minutes ago, Elle Blake said:

Chosen provider!!  Fucking auto correct!

Chosen:: based on nutritional value

• cherry-picked,
  • choice,
  • elect,
  • favored,
  • favorite,
  • first-line,
  • handpicked,
  • pick, picked,
  • preferred, preference,
  • select, selected, selection
  • best bet,
  • option,

Driving from the north side of town to DTC never used to be an issue if you went mid-day; now it seems to be a mess any time of day.

19 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

Do you find the traffic is the reason your not able to see your choosen provider? 

Not if she does outcalls.

Edited by JRWolfe
correcting typo

5 minutes ago, geecue2 said:

I never travel in the DTC area around rush hour. 

Fixed it for you😜

I've got a 3.5 hour drive to see my ATF in Lakewood and by the time I get to her office, I'm a nervous wreck. Takes me a good 5-10 minutes to settle down and relax.

Traffic definitely effects. I don't venture as far from home as I used to. Not only the traffic but extended driving time and the crazy drivers..

20 hours ago, Admiral C said:

I'm in the Springs too. I still make the drive, but not as often. Try to plan for mid morning and be out before the lunch rush.

3 hours ago, lowboy said:

I've got a 3.5 hour drive to see my ATF in Lakewood and by the time I get to her office, I'm a nervous wreck. Takes me a good 5-10 minutes to settle down and relax.

Woah, that's not ATF, that's true love!  And as we know...

I have pretty much given up on locations in the Tech Center.  It seems not matter the time of day it's bumper to bumper.  I came to this conclusion when I started totaling up the time for a date:   1 hour prep, 1 hour drive to DTC, 1 hour date, 1 hour return drive.  So in other words for a one hour date, three hours are spent beyond the date.  It's not often that I can disappear for four hours in a stretch.

Dudes, it's not the traffic, it's the distance.  This is a big, spread-out city, and it takes a while to get around.  Deal with it.  If you want to get across town in five minutes, move to Meeker.  (BTW, I don't think there are any providers in Meeker, or within 50 miles - that's the trade off).

When I was a little kid, it took us 90 minutes to get from our house in south Denver to grandma's house in Brighton (before the interstates).  Nowadays, it can be done in 30 minutes, 60 with bad traffic.  Look at the bright side, over time it's getting better.  :rolleyes:

Since I'm retired I've got nothing but time. Distance doesn't matter to me any longer.

I don't care about the distance, I care about traffic.

Give me 70 MPH the entire trip and I have no issue driving from the north side of town to Colorado Springs.

But today I can virtually guarantee that I will get stuck in 5 MPH traffic somewhere between Northglenn and Park Meadows any day of the week you choose, including weekends.

On 11/16/2019 at 0:40 PM, Bit Banger said:

Fixed it for you😜

I never travel To the DC during rush hour.

Refixed

8 hours ago, No One In Particular said:

I don't care about the distance, I care about traffic.

Give me 70 MPH the entire trip and I have no issue driving from the north side of town to Colorado Springs.

But today I can virtually guarantee that I will get stuck in 5 MPH traffic somewhere between Northglenn and Park Meadows any day of the week you choose, including weekends.

I have recently started using an ExpressToll account. The 15 dollars spent to not have to deal with everyone else on the road is worth it to me. Just don't drive 90 in anything sporty or highway patrol will tag you. Been pretty active down south lately.

8 hours ago, pointymoustache said:

Refixed

You might want to consider re-fixing your refix.  We don’t have a DC area here in Denver.

15 hours ago, pointymoustache said:

Refixed

6 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

You might want to consider re-fixing your refix.  We don’t have a DC area here in Denver.

Our mustached friend is in deed correct.  Never try to travel near the District of Columbia during rush hour.  You’re talking 4 lanes bumper-to-bumper an hour out of town.  Almost worse than LA.  DC’s saving grace is the Metro which keeps some folks out of their cars. 

Besides, who wants to be in DC right now?  It’s full of whack-a-doodles!😱

In Denver the DC(*) is a pedestrian venue. But that’s as close as we get to having a “center” 🥴

(*) Denver Center (for the Performing Arts)

Edited by Bit Banger

10 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

BuT surely we have a Marvel area in Denver...