Justjamibbw

Dining in Denver

28 posts in this topic

Pete’s Kitchen on east Colfax. Lots of local diners that are favorited by neighborhood locals.

Denver has a number of dining gems. Justjamibbw, do you have a particular kind of food in mind?

Downtown:

Sam's No. 3 (variety)

Chophouse (meat and veg)

Wynkoop Brewery (variety)

I hope you find a place you love! :P

Depends on what side of Denver you are in. The new menu at the Buffalo Rose is damn good. Soild Dove has great dining. There are several places near me that are fun dining,and some new ones I would love to check out.

Smokin Fins is great if you like seafood with a kick!  There is 9n in downtown Littleton and on in old Town Arvada.

Taco trucks.... one on every corner along Federal Blvd

Edited by don juan

If you like Italian, Romano’s in downtown Littleton is awesome. It’s a little family owned place that’s been there for over 50 years. I recommend the homemade spaghetti. I’ll second the Denver Chop House. There’s a wide variety there, and prices are reasonable.  El Rancho in Evergreen is awesome for brunch. Do NOT do Casa Bonita unless you’re entertaining littles. 

8 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

If you like Italian, Romano’s in downtown Littleton is awesome. It’s a little family owned place that’s been there for over 50 years. I recommend the homemade spaghetti. I’ll second the Denver Chop House. There’s a wide variety there, and prices are reasonable.  El Rancho in Evergreen is awesome for brunch. Do NOT do Casa Bonita unless you’re entertaining littles. 

Casa Bonita's safest ( and only decent ) item is their sopapias ... also Edgewater Inn Pizza or Front Room pizza, breakfast - Danny's Carnation, the Fort, Jose O'Sheas,  ..... I could go on .... I just love to eat 🤗😊    ( not just food either! 💋😋🤗🙄🤓👅👅👅) 

Crisp Cafe. This is less a restaraunt and more a breakfast/lunch eatery. It's actually in one of the office buildings at 5690 DTC Blvd. The woman who runs it makes THE BEST green chile I've ever tasted. Try a smothered b-fast bowl or burrito. It's pretty amazeballs.

Oooh, almost forgot. J.P. Nori Sushi in Littleton. Damn good sushi, for a land locked state; fair prices too. The sushi chef almost always surprises with unsolicited freebies.

23 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

I'll second Romano's in Littleton.  Really good homemade meals.

5 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

Has anyone tried Ted's Montana Grill in the DTC?

It’s a TMG, if you like the other ones, it’s as good, with easy parking and a short walk to the Comedy Works. I eat there when I want to let the inner carnivore run rampant (couple times a month).

Frankly, next door is Jing, which is an Asian Fusion place that I prefer 90% of the time, excellent food, nice ambiance, prices are OK. 

My all time favorite is The Blue Bonnet on Broadway and Alameda   

For a “real Denver” experience, you can order a club sandwich and beer in the Ship’s Tavern Grill in the Brown Palace, downtown.

Or, if you like to eat animals, all kinds of animals, the Buckhorn Exchange is Denver’s oldest, kinda wierd, place. Lots of trophy mounts on the walls, looking right at you. Try the rattlesnake appetizer with gunpowder whiskey.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot, you can sit where Teddy Roosevelt and Buffalo Bill sat at the Buckhorn. Don’t get more hometown than that.

Denver has a decent culinary scene. Not NY, SF or Portland, but decent. I recommend you consult the web site, Eater. It covers many locations across the country including Denver. They keep pretty good tabs on the comings and goings in the industry. Additionally, the weekly Denver magazine Westword used to have an active restaurant review section, but I'm not current on its efficacy. 

14 hours ago, Happymon said:

Denver has a decent culinary scene. Not NY, SF or Portland, but decent. I recommend you consult the web site, Eater. It covers many locations across the country including Denver. They keep pretty good tabs on the comings and goings in the industry. Additionally, the weekly Denver magazine Westword used to have an active restaurant review section, but I'm not current on its efficacy. 

maybe TOB could come up with an active Eater section for the dining aficionado's.....

Purple Asian fusion here in Wheat Ridge ❤️❤️

7 hours ago, Kaduk said:

maybe TOB could come up with an active Eater section for the dining aficionado's.....

Perhaps a sticky thread

8 hours ago, Kaduk said:

Kaduk,

Great idea!

Maybe a sticky thread if TOB can't do an active eater section.

tupelo honey has lovely southern dishes. the honey dusted fried chicken is the best i’ve had so far in denver. osteria marco for pizza, and the rotary when i want something fast and yummy. 

On 9/10/2019 at 11:49 AM, ilovewomen said:

Why should the out of town ladies get free listings when our very lovely local ladies don’t?

You confused your dining experience options. He was talking about RESTAURANTS.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:36 PM, wglide2003 said:

Has anyone tried Ted's Montana Grill in the DTC?

I’ve been to the one in Aspen Grove, and Southlands. I personally think the leaner cuts of beef are less fatty than bison, but many people really like it. They have a bacon ranch that is delicious, and the atmosphere is comfy. :-)

I’m not sure if Hana is a chain, but the multiple togas rolls are to die for. You must try them once.