Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mother Nature is a *C* blocker...

27 posts in this topic

The other week this thread was started about an unexpected high rate of cancellations in a short period.

While I was recently in the Springs I experienced a high number of cancelations & NC/NS. :mad: Instead of getting bitchy and throwing big words (that I know none of) and accusations around, I would like to ask about weather and how it plays a factor in booking/canceling appointments.

When a Lady travels/tours there is more planning/prep/overhead on her part. Most will plan well in advance and others are great at setting things up last minute. I'm assuming there will be no *good answer* on which method is better... but to see how the weather really affected everyone in Colorado this past week, I think it's best to hear from both sides (Ladies & Gent's) on their views on weather.

Here's to Mother Nature being a Cock Blocker!!

image.jpg?w=1024&c=1

This weather is definitely putting a damper on my hobbying. One vehicle is real bad in the snow and the other will not even try to drive. Lol, they both go fast but not in the snow.

I find NC/NS inexcusable, regardless of weather, unless in an accident.

I had something scheduled for Thursday. On Tuesday, I was 50/50 on braving the traffic (the incall was on the opposite side of Denver from me) and sent an email asking if what she thought about the situation. Never heard back. After getting home from the rush hour drive on ice on Wednesday night, I sent another email cancelling our time based on what I'd just gone through. Got a note back the next day saying that she totally understood and agreed.

If the appointment was DTC or downtown, I would've slogged through the weather if I thought I could make it. I know those traffic patterns and alternate routes much better than north of downtown.

I try my best to meet my commitment once I've scheduled. I'm sure there'll be a time when things just get out of control and I can't.

I don't think NCNS is excusable in this day and age with everyone having a mobile phone. However, some may consider a cancellation too close to the appointment time as the same thing. Where weather throws a wrench into things is where traffic is concerned. There are times where you might expect a 30 minute drive to take an hour in bad weather and find that 2 hours, due to accidents (attributable to the weather) is more like the reality. I have had this happen only once and, luckily, when I called the provider as I sat in traffic, we were able to move the appointment later and keep the meeting. There will be those times where one or both parties won't be able to fit things in later in the day and someone might end up offended over it.

No kidding about mother nature being a cock blocker. I received several cancellations, which of course is a drag BUT, I was grateful for the notice, especially those who gave me several days notice.

Now for this week and the days to come...I said screw it to even posting, there isn't any point. I don't want to go out in this crap and I certainly don't want anyone else risking it. So I'm just getting ahead on homework.

As for NC/NS there is never an excuse for it! Whether it is due to Weather or not doesn't matter. Take 30 seconds to call, e mail, text, smoke signals, whatever...just let the lady know. At least then the she knows something came up.

Take 30 seconds to call, e mail, text, smoke signals, whatever...just let the clients know. At least then we know something came up.

Goes both ways

NC/NS is not allowed, we all have a busy life. I am a firm believer is treating every appointment like I want my customers to treat me (show up ON TIME and be polite)

Just my point of view

The other week this thread was started about an unexpected high rate of cancellations in a short period.

While I was recently in the Springs I experienced a high number of cancelations & NC/NS. :mad: Instead of getting bitchy and throwing big words (that I know none of) and accusations around, I would like to ask about weather and how it plays a factor in booking/canceling appointments.

When a Lady travels/tours there is more planning/prep/overhead on her part. Most will plan well in advance and others are great at setting things up last minute. I'm assuming there will be no *good answer* on which method is better... but to see how the weather really affected everyone in Colorado this past week, I think it's best to hear from both sides (Ladies & Gent's) on their views on weather.

image.jpg?w=1024&c=1

I never go out when the weather is bad.

Is that picture Sheridan blvd in front of Sloans lake? :D

Several years ago about this time of year i set an appointment a week ahead with a lady that was about a 70 mile drive from where I was, one way . Could not e-mail her the agreed upon confirmation the night before because a nasty snow storm knocked out power. Next morning I was able to get through to ask if we were still on. She seemed amazed, and asked "are you sure ... there is a foot and half of snow at my place?" Told her I would be there. Could almost hear her thinking "yeah, i'm gonna get all ready and this a**hole is gonna no show" After a week of anticipation nothing was going to keep me away. Pushed snow with the front bumper (four wheel drive, hehe) for the last 4 miles or so, made it 5 minutes early and had a VERY nice couple hours. Moral of the story, if I am truly horny aint nothing stopping me from seeing a sexy lady!! In any event, NC/NS is absolutely never acceptable barring a major asteroid hit. :eek:

ncns are a bitch in this industry. as far as i am concerned; if you can make the phone call to book an appointment with me, then not show up and not give me the courtesy of calling; you go under the folder (in my phone) as flake (insert name here.) it was the only way i could protect myself from folks that like to just call me and make bogus appointments (weather or not.) grrrrr!! :mad:

Have never missed an appointment (mainly because I drive a Jeep with winter tires and a bit of lift), but have had a couple of ladies cancel on me, I suppose because they figured no one would show and why travel or pay for the room. Can't blame them. In all cases, they let me know ahead of time, so all was OK.

I have to say, if the weather is really bad, but we can both still make it work, for some reason it is all the hotter when we get together - maybe because we both appreciate the extra effort the other put into making things happen.

This time of year, the weather is always a factor I take into consideration when making an appointment with a YL.

Here is a link I use for determination.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.74902902786846&lon=-104.9948692315291&site=all&smap=1#.VPEjgY4oHbE

The zip code I used was 80202.

For those of you in other cities, type in your zip in the upper left.

With the widespread use of cell phones, there is no excuse for a NCNS.

(Barring a serious auto accident.)

Johnboy#1

NC/NS is not allowed, we all have a busy life. I am a firm believer is treating every appointment like I want my customers to treat me (show up ON TIME and be polite)

Just my point of view

Amen.

And really. You live in Colorado. Be prepared. I had zero trouble this week. And finally had a provider show up. Left with a big smile.

You know, when the weather turns nasty, so do I. I love nothing more than to play when it's cold and yucky out, I hate the heat.

So me for one would find a way to see the lady I booked with, unless I couldn't see the roads. If that happened I'd let her know.

Just saying..........

No Show, it happens but "No Call" is very, very rude, terribly disrespectful and borderline inexcusable. (This goes both ways.) The least someone can do, even if it is at the last minute, is text a profuse apology and try to reschedule -- if possible. I've had providers send a message an hour before an appointment & it was fine -- disappointing, but fine and it was infinitely better than trying to make contact at the time of the appointment and getting radio silence.

I know that sometimes life gets in the way. My schedule is crazy and booking is always a trapeze act...wait, what? But, having someone get ready for a visit or make a drive, then sit and wait without notice of a cancelation baffles.

Even if someone -- on either end -- feels the need to get upset when you call to postpone/cancel/resked, so be it. If you're canceling in good faith as soon as you can (again sometimes last minute happens) then, their reaction is on them.

I would argue that bad weather rarely justifies a last minute cancellation. Now, this being Colorado, sometimes it can go from 60F and sunny at 11 am to 20F and snowing sideways at 3pm -- with traffic armageddon. Forecasts of severe weather are pretty good and maybe erring on the side of caution when they're not is a good idea.

But, even in that case, make contact, explain and ask for understanding. Why NC/NS?

I think the people who you want to see again are those who will roll with it and those who can't are probably folks who might not be good company. Life's too short.

That said, this Snowpocalypse keeps up and I'm getting a sled and reindeer!

image.jpg?w=1024&c=1

Rarely have I had to cancel - usually due to weather or illness. But under no circumstances would I nc/ns. I call as soon as I know I can't make it. Most of the ladies were understanding - those who were not did not get a call to reschedule. Stuff happens, but being inconsiderate is never an option.

It probably isn't much of a consolation for the ladies to know that winter weather often has adverse effects on all kinds of different professions.

I used to love going into work on snowy days because I knew the work load would be so much less and I'd be getting paid the same to sit around instead of busting my butt trying to keep up. Both the walk in traffic as well as booked appointments would drop off to almost nothing with only an inch or so of snow. As long as it was the company and not me losing money I didn't care. Unfortunetly that's not true for the ladies or any other independent contractors that can have business ruined by the weather. Good planning ahead of time is the key here to minimizing the negative affects; after all there's a good reason why most construction is scheduled for the summer.

Advice for the ladies...

If you're into traveling going south is better than north unless of course you're in the Denver metro area where because of geography the weather is often worse on the south side of town.;)

In many parts of the country as well as Denver/Colorado all pre bookings in the winter should be made on a "God willing and the river don't rise." basis with clear contingency plans for both parties.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

Mother nature is definitely an issue. Where I live, going anyplace in bad weather is a challenge. But that's not an excuse for a NC/NS. It only takes a minute on the phone or through text to cancel and do it right.

Here's hoping for some better weather over the next week.

Vic

Winter appointments in Denver are always iffy, 'cause I live in the Springs. However, I have been known to make it there through a snow storm for an appointment, although on a couple of occasions I've had to call and cancel. Bottom line is always call, whether you're the client or the provider; simple courtesy.

I kind of like hobbying during bad weather. Girls are less busy and less apt to have other plans come up at the last minute. Kind of a cozy feeling being stuck inside with a pretty girl. Blizzards make me horny I suppose.

Communication with honesty is key. Always make contact of some kind; whatever is the norm or current means you have been communicating with the other party.

I would think a lady would be very appreciatative if a client made it to an appointment in inclement weather because other clients may have cancelled due to the weather.

I like the challenge of getting there & in fact some of my best appointments have been during a snow or rain storm.

I think it's a bad excuse, or guys are planning to see ladies too far from home.

Where I live is a minimum 1 hr drive to the nearest provider.

In good weather.

No excuse for a NC/NS. Polite , genuine apology because occasionally, shit happens. However, a "lot of shit, a lot of the time" seems to be routine for many.