decafnaetd

Vaccines are sexy!

88 posts in this topic

I got my 2nd dose several weeks ago. I did fine thankfully. Some friends had reactions from 2nd

15 hours ago, Strange_Ice said:

Ahh but vaccines ARE unnatural as you pointed out with the native americans  the NATURAL way is to get sick or be exposed to something and overcome it. With that your body naturally develops it's own defenses to get stronger. It's something a lot of us humans have forgotten call natural selection where only the strong survive and thus when you do YOU produce a stronger offspring that will have a better chance of survival when THEY are exposed to it. We are too caught up on our own survival that we dont think about how weak it is causing our next generations. Think about how many people rely on simple medicine. Think about how fit and healthy more ancient civilizations where such as the Spartans, the Norse (vikings) I would be my life that if you put our best "warriors" (military, boxers, mma fighters) with all of the enhancements they take and how fit they are and I bet they still wouldn't stand up to even an average warrior from then. And as far as their life expectancy, it was far lower then now partially do to the "warrior" nature back then most people died from combat because everyone fought all across the land constantly, it was a constant battle of taking what you wanted and defending your honor/family.... that's just my thoughts, and in part the devils advocate in me looking at a different angle from "everyone else". But does it not raise a decent conversation from a new perspective if you actually think about it.  And there is nothing NATURAL about creating/developing something in a lab and shooting it into your body btw.... so you can't say the science of vaccines is natural at all

1.) Natural selection doesn’t happen overnight and for a beneficial mutation to occur an overwhelming pressure must occur first. And then you have to find a mate and hope that mutation passes on. 

2.) Polio is a great disease to shit over the idea of natural defenses. Polio was been around since ancient Egypt with the depiction of the disease in steles. So 1300s? With it likely being around long before that. But let’s use that and say  some 600 hundred years later some of you, a huge number of you faced almost dying or being crippled by it during an mid 20th century epidemic. An old disease in fairly modern times still killing and maiming like it was fresh and new.  I mean, at what point are these stronger, naturally disease resistant humans supposed to appear? Another several hundred years? I guess it’s a good thing Salk was able to not put it to the test.

3.) Speaking of diseases; polio, tetanus, chicken pox, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis A/B, whooping cough, diphtheria...all of which are practically nonexistent in the US but still a huge part of the world continue to have devastating occurrences. So again, at what point are we supposed to wait for some natural defense to occur or put these giant brains that natural selection and breeding has deemed very important to our survivability  to use? I would assume, again, in those countries without proper vaccine distribution  still suffering that they’d no longer have issues because of natural immunity passed on . Right?

4.) I’d choose a Spartan any day if you’re talking unarmed hand to hand combat. It’s hard not to! A person trained from the age of 7 into adulthood with and then switched to dedicated military training knows one thing. But with that comes shortcomings. I mean, Sparta still exists today, right? All that physical strength surely worked in their favor when it came to wits and longevity in an evolving society.

5.) the Vikings believed if they didn’t die in combat or with a sword in hand they’d not be allowed to enter Valhalla. It was much more acceptable to die in “combat” than from disease. An honorable death and all. That doesn’t translate to your interpretation. Also, at some point again intelligence simply won the battle against all that brawn. Build high walls and shoot your enemies as they approached vs trying to best them face to face. Vikings stopped being Vikings when raiding was no longer beneficial and Christianity spread throughout their lands. Super oversimplified but I think you get my point. If not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Imagine surviving combat only to have your spine broken from a muscle spasm brought on by tetanus that you picked up running through some dirt and getting said dirt in your minor cut. LOL! 

In a sense you can say vaccines have changed things but in the same instance it has allowed a much greater/varied gene pool while lengthening life expectancy and ensuring we don’t spend a stupid amount of time sick and dying but instead focusing on actual advancements. 

On 2/7/2021 at 8:42 PM, Leyla Scott said:

For those who question the safety of the vaccine:

It is very safe. I wish all vaccines would be developed based on this mRNA technology. I’ll take a moment to explain this; maybe it’ll help some of you eliminate the worry you may have. 

Our bodies are comprised of many different cells. Outside of our cells we have cell walls. Think of it like walls of a castle. Not easy to get through. In the middle of that castle there’s a room (nucleus)... the nucleus holds very precious genetic information, a bible, a recipe for life! That is our makeup, our precious genetic information or in other words our DNA. Our DNA sends messages to our body’s factory (ribosomes) to make certain proteins so that we can maintain a healthy life and equilibrium throughout our whole body. The message our DNA sends is via a program, a code called the mRNA or messenger RNA. Our body’s factory does what the DNA tells it to do every time! Takes the coded messages from the mRNA and makes whatever it is it’s supposed to make with exact specifics - orders received from the castle!

In the case of the covid virus or any virus, our cells are infected by the virus breaking into the castle (our cell walls), opening the gates and getting into the room where our genetic information (DNA) is held,m; getting to our bible and recipe of life. RUDE! These rude intruders then delete a part of our genetic coding and insert their own coding in there... unfortunately that doesn’t workout to our favor because now our precious recipe of life, our bible has new messages to send out... it starts spitting out messages to make more of these intruders. The factory (ribosomes) do what the mRNA says every time. After all it’s orders and messages coming from our precious bible (DNA) and the factory must carry out those orders every time! So at that point our immune system cells our soldiers go to war. Antibodies are made, we feel crappy, our soldiers might win the war completely or not. 

The c19 vaccine does not contain any live or dead viral particles. The vaccine holds the program the coding that’s sent straight to the factory (mRNA) . No DNA manipulation, deletion or insertion. But... What is it telling the factory to do? It’s telling the factory to make these empty shells that resemble the covid19 virus with spikes all over the empty shell. So our factory takes the message that it thinks came from our bible (DNA) and makes the empty shells. Can those empty shells now get into our cells? Yes... their spikes will open the castle gates but since they’re only empty shells with no genetic material, they can’t do anything else. They don’t delete our precious bible verses to insert their own.  In the meantime the soldiers in our body (our immune system cells) are alerted that there’s a foreign intruder trying to invade and infect our cells. So, as a result antibodies (artillery) are made to go to war with these rude intruders. The antibodies will roam around our body and if there’s ever any virus that resembles what they have been programmed to combat, our immune system (the soldiers) kill the intruders via the antibodies (artillery). 

This vaccine in so many ways, is so much safer than DNA vaccines that actually manipulate our DNA and delete our genetic information  and insert new genetic information in order to alert our body’s immune system (soldiers) to make antibodies (artillery). Please do not hesitate to get this vaccine - I hope this simple explanation helps. The mechanism of action and the processes that are carried out are much more detailed and complicated, but this is the simplest way I could explain it. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this... Good luck to all of us, I hope our world returns to some normalcy soon. We can all certainly do our part by ensuring that it does. :wub:

@Phil-anderer  doc please chime in if I missed something here. 

For those that have met this woman in person, imagine her explaining this in person, the lips, the eyes and sex appeal....................Miss seeing you around girly...........Stay sexy, stay intelligent and most of all don't ever lose that sex appeal.................

6 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

For those that have met this woman in person, imagine her explaining this in person, the lips, the eyes and sex appeal....................Miss seeing you around girly...........Stay sexy, stay intelligent and most of all don't ever lose that sex appeal.................

OMG where have you been love? I miss you so much and it always makes me so happy to see you. I’ll text you for some upcoming plans! Woot woot :wub:

2 hours ago, Leyla Scott said:

OMG where have you been love? I miss you so much and it always makes me so happy to see you. I’ll text you for some upcoming plans! Woot woot :wub:

I have been staying warm lately. I will be waiting for those plans for sure...........................Muahhh

I've been vaccinated through my job. Second dose packed more of a punch. 

I got my second shot 3 days ago, just a little light headed that day, my arm is still mildly sore however, I have continued my daily barbell weight exercise with no problems what so ever. Moderna brand vaccine, type O blood. I hope everyone has as good an outcome as I have had.

Edited by atadlong

I get my first shot Monday afternoon. Type AB+ blood.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Already had the Covid and still dealing with after effects.  Covid is the gift that keeps on giving weeks and months after you are no longer contagious.

Got my first shot Friday. No problems. I understand that the second shot can knock you down pretty bad. But I'd rather have that happen than get Covid without it. 

Yes 

first one however I got to go back for the second. But Palm Beach County is kicking ass and getting everybody their injections for whatever reason we seem to be really doing good at this. No side effects for me

50 minutes ago, Jenniferxj6 said:

Yes 

first one however I got to go back for the second. But Palm Beach County is kicking ass and getting everybody their injections for whatever reason we seem to be really doing good at this. No side effects for me

That’s good

Had both. First one not to bad, second one I felt bad, lethargic etc

Got the first shot few days ago.  No side affects what so ever.  Little bit of a sore arm just in the spot where I got the shot.  Other than than. Going good.

On 2/7/2021 at 3:39 AM, Kaduk said:

•Is the COVID-19 Vaccine Safe? hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/is-the-covid19-vaccine-safe

Does Johns Hopkins Medicine recommend We all get a COVID-19 vaccine?

You alone make the decision about whether to get a COVID-19 vaccine. We encourage you to talk to your primary care doctor and review our resources provided here, as well as information from other health care organizations. Johns Hopkins Medicine will continue to provide science-based, unbiased information so you can make an informed decision.

Have there been any safety concerns with the COVID-19 vaccine?

So far, none of the vaccine trials have reported any serious safety concerns. Trials for the first two vaccines — from Pfizer and Moderna — have had fully independent safety monitoring boards, and safety data are continuously reviewed by the FDA and expert panels.

Allergies: The CDC says people with allergies to certain foods, insects, latex and other common allergens can have the COVID-19 vaccine. Those with a history of severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) to injectables or other vaccines should discuss the vaccination with their doctor, who can evaluate the person and assess their risk. According to the CDC, at this time, anyone who has a severe allergy (e.g., anaphylaxis) to any of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine ingredients should not receive this vaccine.

Can I get COVID-19 from the vaccine?

You cannot get COVID-19 from the vaccine. The COVID-19 vaccines created by Pfizer and Moderna do not have any virus or other infectious material in them. They are designed to cause your body to make copies of a harmless piece of the coronavirus, so you will not get COVID-19 from the vaccine. Side effects such as fever and soreness at the injection site have been reported, particularly after the second injection (both of these vaccines require a second injection three to four weeks later), but the reported COVID-19 vaccine side effects in the trials are not as severe or dangerous as having a bad case of COVID-19 illness.

When all this started, both my wife and I were deemed "essential personnel" and both were required to go to work. We were quite concerned about catching COVID 19 mostly because little was known about it. It seemed very eerie going to work with everyone else sheltering at home, but we did it anyway. So now that the vaccine is available, we both find ourselves possible getting the vaccine in another few months. Behind a lot of people that didn't have to take the same risk we had to take all those months ago. Not bitching, just saying..   I can tell you this, I'm personally not as worried about catching COVID 19 now as I was a year ago...

Those first months were very scary as none of us knew what to expect which makes these last few months harder to accept.

We both are wondering how we went from "essential personnel" to "get in the back of the line"

Any insight would be appreciated......

I had an office visit wit my doctor yesterday and we discussed reactions to the shot as I was a little nauseated the day after my first shot (I get the 2nd one a week from Monday).

He said that 99% of the people who have a reaction to the first shot had Covid sometime before the shot.

My wife got her 2nd shit yesterday...major reaction last night and today. But it will be temporary and it is a whole better than actually getting Covid.

I remain fully convinced that for my personal situation the only sensible thing to do is get the vaccine ....... and have the first dose of Moderna and certainly plan the second in a couple weeks.  Everyone's circumstances are different and I certainly respect folks that make a differing decision for themselves based upon all the facts and their personal situation. 

That said I do find a couple things rather troubling.  All the experts plus the network talking heads (not counting those maintaining the lie that it is a hoax - they don't count anyway and why the hell does anyone listen??!!) keep maintaining we need to get "whichever vaccine is available in your area."  In other words, take what we give you, don't complain and don't compare.  That is bullshit, for in life we never get anything better than we are willing to accept.  Then the second part of the concerted effort is to move the goal posts and use different criteria for different vaccines - the Johnson and Johnson one is being held to a MUCH lower standard while they whisper in your ear that it is "just as good."  No, it is not!!  The Pfizer and Moderna (mrna type vaccines) have consistently been stated to be 95 and 94 percent effective in "preventing getting the disease."  The J&J is all of a sudden said to be 85 percent effective in "preventing severe cases" and "100 percent effective in preventing hospitalization or death"  It is only 60 percent effective in preventing "moderate cases" and they do not publish if it prevents some getting the disease at all and if so at what rate of prevention - obviously below 60 percent.  Soooo ............ those who do not understand math, statistics and percentages should not be allowed to play with them, let alone "educate" others.  The published numbers say there are 15 percent of those getting J&J that would still get a severe case but not be hospitalized and not die.  Silly me, I thought the definition of severe was that it required hospitalization.  And there is NO SUCH THING as 100 percent effective for ANYTHING!!!  Clearly, games are being played in an effort to get whoever the target population is (poor, foreign, minority, ??) to cheerfully accept the J&J and not demand the far superior mrna vaccines.  So what is the difference if you are "protected" from hospital and dying? All good, right?  There is this little side effect called "long haul syndrome" where those with usually mild cases have lingering side effects for months or longer - including debilitating fatigue, brain fog, etc.  If one takes the prior statements about Pfizer/Moderna at face value and new numbers for J&J under completely different criteria/goals literally then it is clear J&J is a significantly inferior product.  Of course it does not involve the "new" (been being developed for ten years) mrna delivery approach.  But if that bothers you, how about the "adreno virus vector" method of J&J that involves being injected with "neutralized" chimpanzee adreno virus?  Just sayin' consider all the facts but view those facts through a skeptic's lens, sort out the bullshit and then make your choices.  Sorry got so long, but to get to point required some talking!!

The 101st Airborne Paved the Way in France During WWII
"The division played a major role during D-Day operations by clearing a path for the 4th Infantry Division to land on Utah Beach, and eventually linked the Utah and Omaha beachheads and liberated the city of Carentan."

AnD now.........

2BE3FDA6-0299-4E4C-B61A-168B5A4B12C5.jpeg

101st Airborne soldiers deploy to Florida to support COVID-19 vaccinations

On 2/21/2021 at 0:13 AM, sparkey600 said:

When all this started, both my wife and I were deemed "essential personnel" and both were required to go to work. We were quite concerned about catching COVID 19 mostly because little was known about it. It seemed very eerie going to work with everyone else sheltering at home, but we did it anyway. So now that the vaccine is available, we both find ourselves possible getting the vaccine in another few months. Behind a lot of people that didn't have to take the same risk we had to take all those months ago. Not bitching, just saying..   I can tell you this, I'm personally not as worried about catching COVID 19 now as I was a year ago...

Those first months were very scary as none of us knew what to expect which makes these last few months harder to accept.

We both are wondering how we went from "essential personnel" to "get in the back of the line"

Any insight would be appreciated......

Sparkey, I have no idea what jobs you and your wife have or who declared you both "essential" and told you that you had to work.  So this answer will be a little generic.

Most of the "essential workers" eligible based upon employment were given shots through their employer - nursing homes, hospital staff, police, fire, teachers - or are still in the process.  Staring March 5 those 60 years of age or over and those with two or more serious illnesses on the official list - such as COPD, heart failure, diabetes, etc. - will be eligible.  Previous to that the age cutoff was 70, then 65.  If you are in one of the identified professions in the first stages (see link below) and have not received or been scheduled, talk to your employer!  

If you qualify by either age or employment or health conditions you can take two different approaches.  You can sign up via a local health department or major medical supplier such as Kaiser, Centura, UCHealth, etc.  I tried that early on with zero productive results other than periodic emails saying we have you on list, be patient.  What worked MUCH better for me was to schedule an appointment directly with a pharmacy via their website that is administering doses - in my case the Kroger family of grocery stores - Kroger, King Soopers, City Market.  I got an appointment a week out from first eligibility and an appointment for the second dose.  It took knowing when to hit their website - very early in the morning - before available appointments were taken by someone else.  It was a bit of a pain till figuring out early morning thing.  They do not put you "on a list" they give you an appointment if one is available based upon their supply of vaccines AND if you qualify based upon state list - again see link.  Lastly, you DO NOT have to make such an appointment in your "home" county - you can be served by any in the state where you can find an appointment.  It is a bit of a pain in the ass to change locations, but I did not have to fortunately because i struck gold for local City Market.  If I understand correctly Safeway, Walgreens, and Walmart are doing the same.  So I would say to all that want vaccinated first check the phase definitions at the below link and verify is you are currently eligible and if so make an appointment directly via their website with one of the participating pharmacies.  If you wait for the Kaiser, Centura, local health department thing you may be waiting a long time!

https://covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine

Is the vaccine 100% effective?  No.  Is it 100% safe?  I doubt it.  However, by now enough people have gotten the vaccine with minimal side effects to make me feel comfortable about getting it.  If nothing else, there's value in the peace of mind thinking that life may return to something more closely resembling normal.  It's been a year now since I've been hobbying because I didn't want to take the risk.  I suspect the week after I get the vaccine I'll be scheduling appointments.  ;)

Both are true - not 100% effective, and there ARE side effects from every vaccine, and rarely very very severe ones.

It's a risk/benefit analysis, not unlike any other calculation in business, finance, etc.  

And yes... hobbying is a nice benefit of being vaccinated!

I'm getting the first shot this morning and grateful for it.  I know 5 folks who have died from COVID and a few who have had very serious health issues after getting COVID.  One has been a "long hauler" who is young, was VERY healthy and it has kicked his ass since October.  I am grateful I have tested negative a number of times and believe the benefit of getting the vaccine outweighs the risks...by a bunch.

On 2/27/2021 at 11:41 AM, gr8owl said:

Sparkey, I have no idea what jobs you and your wife have or who declared you both "essential" and told you that you had to work.  So this answer will be a little generic.

Most of the "essential workers" eligible based upon employment were given shots through their employer - nursing homes, hospital staff, police, fire, teachers - or are still in the process.  Staring March 5 those 60 years of age or over and those with two or more serious illnesses on the official list - such as COPD, heart failure, diabetes, etc. - will be eligible.  Previous to that the age cutoff was 70, then 65.  If you are in one of the identified professions in the first stages (see link below) and have not received or been scheduled, talk to your employer!  

If you qualify by either age or employment or health conditions you can take two different approaches.  You can sign up via a local health department or major medical supplier such as Kaiser, Centura, UCHealth, etc.  I tried that early on with zero productive results other than periodic emails saying we have you on list, be patient.  What worked MUCH better for me was to schedule an appointment directly with a pharmacy via their website that is administering doses - in my case the Kroger family of grocery stores - Kroger, King Soopers, City Market.  I got an appointment a week out from first eligibility and an appointment for the second dose.  It took knowing when to hit their website - very early in the morning - before available appointments were taken by someone else.  It was a bit of a pain till figuring out early morning thing.  They do not put you "on a list" they give you an appointment if one is available based upon their supply of vaccines AND if you qualify based upon state list - again see link.  Lastly, you DO NOT have to make such an appointment in your "home" county - you can be served by any in the state where you can find an appointment.  It is a bit of a pain in the ass to change locations, but I did not have to fortunately because i struck gold for local City Market.  If I understand correctly Safeway, Walgreens, and Walmart are doing the same.  So I would say to all that want vaccinated first check the phase definitions at the below link and verify is you are currently eligible and if so make an appointment directly via their website with one of the participating pharmacies.  If you wait for the Kaiser, Centura, local health department thing you may be waiting a long time!

https://covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine

gr8owl, you are a great person for sending this, we appreciate it much, both my wife and myself happen to be in the, you were good enough to go to work, when things were scary, thanks much for risking you're lives....Now that a vaccine is available, wait your turn....We both will wait our turn until we become worth the vaccine. No joking here, neither one of us would ever "cut" in line of another person who might need it more than us. 

We will wait....We both are in the Construction professions.......

I got my second shot (BionTech-Pfizer a couple of days ago). Developed a sore arm, body aches and a slight fever. Took a couple of Paracetamols. 

2 hours ago, 2Big said:

Took a couple of Paracetamols. 

OK ... I admit I had to look that one up. :huh::)

On 3/23/2021 at 3:14 AM, 2Big said:

I got my second shot (BionTech-Pfizer a couple of days ago). Developed a sore arm, body aches and a slight fever. Took a couple of Paracetamols. 

I was told when I got my Pfizer to not take aspirin/tylenol/advil, because it actually reduces how well the vaccine works.  Kind of like the more reaction you get on the second shot the better protected you'll be.

I received shot two today. Stoked. Some thoughts:

• I'm not sure that the shot means anything other than it will prevent you from being asymptomatic.  You can still likley be a carried, and infect others.
  • I'd want to know if a provider was vaccinated. It shows attention to detail. That attention would like be a proclivity, that carries over to other areas of concern.
  • At least in our area, there seems to be far more vaccines than people. Hopefully others have that access.
  • If not, CO is opening to all soon.
  • I've also found that a side affect of shot two is that I crave pizza and ice cream.

My lovely wife and myself are 3 weeks outside of our second shot. Me? No ill side effects from either shot (Phizer), I might have made the needle rusty. Her? She got some flu symptoms for a couple of days, nothing serious though ..All is good now with the two of us. If you are on the fence about getting vaccinated, my advice is this. Get one whenever you can, a day of feeling sick is better than getting COVID like our grandsons and granddaughters with 105 fevers and trips to the emergency room (they are 4 through 10) all of them caught it and were very sick for about a week. Thank God as they were lil kids they came out of it unscathed. Their parents? Still dealing with COVID repercussions. But sounds like everything is going to be good.