Webhead

Should I leave a bad review?

34 posts in this topic

This past Saturday night I tried to meet someone and, as bad as it may come across, get them off my list. First, am I a horrible person for making a list of providers I want to spend time with lol? Second, the encounter was a nightmare. Delays, personal issues, and then when we finally did meet, she wasn't ready, couldn't find condoms, so I said it was not meant to be and I left. I was patient, and courteous, and I understand life happens. Should I just keep it to myself, or is a bad review necessary? I ended up meeting with someone else (amazing experience BTW) so I still had a blast that night, but the earlier incident almost made me want to stop hobbling. I am so new to all this and just want to get some advice. Thanks!!

Inquiring minds would like to know (or at least I would).

Did you take one for the team? Or....

B

In my opinion, this depends on a few things.  First, is this a provider who has other reviews stating the same type of things?  Or is this a provider with mostly favorable reviews who just happened to have had an  "off night.?"  Also, you mentioned "personal issues."  The depth of those personal issues would also play a factor into whether a bad review is warranted.  My point being if this provider has prior similar bad reviews then yes, I would say a review is warranted.  On the other hand, if this a provider with good review history who simply had a "bad night" then I would give her a break.  But that is just my opinion.  We are human beings and can't always be perfect. ;)

1 hour ago, Webhead said:

This past Saturday night I tried to meet someone and, as bad as it may come across, get them off my list. First, am I a horrible person for making a list of providers I want to spend time with lol? No, not at all. 

I am so new to all this and just want to get some advice. Thanks!!

I will not speculate about one encounter with next to no details.  But in general, if you are as new as you say I would suggest no bad reviews given unless it was out and out rip off as in rob or le, serious upsell, etc. Until you are not so new and can be sure it was not as much you as her.  Good reviews yes.  Rip off or le etc. bad reviews sure.  Just did not enjoy, she seemed not into it etc. --- no.  Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Becolo said:

Inquiring minds would like to know (or at least I would).

Did you take one for the team? Or....

B

Nope, did not take one for the team. I ended up looking up someone else, going through screening  and had an amazing time with her. 

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

I will not speculate about one encounter with next to no details.  But in general, if you are as new as you say I would suggest no bad reviews given unless it was out and out rip off as in rob or le, serious upsell, etc. Until you are not so new and can be sure it was not as much you as her.  Good reviews yes.  Rip off or le etc. bad reviews sure.  Just did not enjoy, she seemed not into it etc. --- no.  Just my opinion.

I ended up leaving after a 10 awkward minutes at her in call. Thanks for the advice!

1 hour ago, Danielle Rae said:

In my opinion, this depends on a few things.  First, is this a provider who has other reviews stating the same type of things?  Or is this a provider with mostly favorable reviews who just happened to have had an  "off night.?"  Also, you mentioned "personal issues."  The depth of those personal issues would also play a factor into whether a bad review is warranted.  My point being if this provider has prior similar bad reviews then yes, I would say a review is warranted.  On the other hand, if this a provider with good review history who simply had a "bad night" then I would give her a break.  But that is just my opinion.  We are human beings and can't always be perfect. ;)

That's kind of where I felt on the issue. I just wasn't sure what the protocol was in the best interest of the community. We all can have off nights and should not be looked at in a bad light because of an off night. Thank you for the input!!

I'll take the opposite view and say write the review. What if she is having many off nights, and guys are giving her a pass? Not unusual, this board and others have seen many once great providers spiral down.

Just don't be nasty, state that maybe an off day.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

7 hours ago, Danielle Rae said:

If it is indeed 'a bad night' then one bad review will NOT (imho) trash her image. If, on the other hand, she has gotten complacent, slipped in her attention to details (like schedule & condoms), but given a pass, how are we, or for that matter perhaps she, to know that her services are not up to snuff.  Perhaps a bad review will be a wake up call. Perhaps it will start an honest trend of poor reviews.

There are two mitigating factors for a non-review in this particular instance:

• Personal issues - As Danielle says, we don't know the depth of those issues.
  • Newbie status - As Gr8owl says, build a reputation before posting this kind of review

6 hours ago, Webhead said:

Nope, did not take one for the team. I ended up looking up someone else, going through screening  and had an amazing time with her. 

Two separate experiences!  TOFTT on the first, & recovered for a save on the second. 

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

I

• Newbie status - As Gr8owl says, build a reputation before posting this kind of review

I did not say ANYTHING about building a reputation nor did I remotely mean it has jack to do with reputation.  Reputation is regularly misused in these parts on both sides.  

The point was until a newbie gains enough experience to behave properly and recognize proper vs. improper behavior he should limit reviews to clear rip-off stuff or good reviews - you know, left with ear to ear grin.  For instance: was she irresponsible, amateurish, etc. for having no condoms, or did Mr. Newbie unintentionally do something that so weirded her out that she used the "shit, I have no condoms" gambit to get his ass out the door?  Until you know such things  for sure, don't go trashing her with  a bad review - it may be you that is fucking up   That was the point.  (And if you have been around the block a time or two, you will have your own damn condoms handy - they are not just HER responsibility)

14 hours ago, Webhead said:

..... (1)  Should I just keep it to myself, or is a bad review necessary? (2)I ended up meeting with someone else (amazing experience BTW) so I still had a blast that night, but the earlier incident almost made me want to stop hobbling. I am so new to all this and just want to get some advice. Thanks!!

This is a two part question.  (1) If you're going to write a review, just make sure it's an honest review.  I'm an optimist and it's very difficult to write bad reviews, but again, just write your experience.  Like Bit said, no one bad review will/should hurt a ladies business, but if it's a consistent pattern, well ....

(2)  Sounds like karma came around and rewarded you.  Hobbying is supposed to be fun, so make it fun!

24 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

... (And if you have been around the block a time or two, you will have your own damn condoms handy - they are not just HER responsibility)

On this point we definitely agree!

Webhead, this sounds almost verbatim to an experience I had 2 weeks ago. I wonder if it's the same provider. PM me if you want to compare notes. I did not write any reviews about this. I felt a little sorry for her.

2 hours ago, Skg said:

Webhead, this sounds almost verbatim to an experience I had 2 weeks ago. I wonder if it's the same provider. PM me if you want to compare notes. I did not write any reviews about this. I felt a little sorry for her.

This is a good idea Webhead... write the text of your review and send it in a PM to someone else posting here that you might want their opinion on.  You'll probably get feedback on both if you should post it or not...

Don't think of it as a bad review, think of it as an honest opinion of what happened, how it made you feel, and let the audience decide for themselves. 

Perfect example of why a disproportionate number of reviews are positive.  Now there are established members telling new people not to post honest reviews.

if you met a provider that warrants a negative review why would you not post it?  Additionally, why are established members telling not to?

If she was on your list of ladies to see (nothing wrong with that BTW) she is probably on the lists of some others as well, maybe even me. If I'm going to consider seeing her in the future, I would like to know about your experience.  Let me read it and make my own decision. We rarely see negative reviews on here. I'm guilty of not posting them myself.  But that is the point of reviews. I think other guys have a right to know what happened.  I will do better myself in the future. (and yes, I would be OK with a forum where ladies could post about the bad actions of guys as well. It works both ways.)

2 hours ago, Bootsce said:

... if you met a provider that warrants a negative review why would you not post it?  Additionally, why are established members telling not to?

I discount reviewers with low post counts. Just as a glowing first review is suspect of being a shill, a slam review by the same individual would be suspect of being competition. 

There is also the issue of a newbie learning the ropes, misreading signals, having unreasonable expectations, and perhaps off-putting behavior, which may have tainted the session. With experience these aspects should diminish, resulting in more honest situations. 

3 hours ago, Bootsce said:

Perfect example of why a disproportionate number of reviews are positive.  Now there are established members telling new people not to post honest reviews.

if you met a provider that warrants a negative review why would you not post it?  Additionally, why are established members telling not to?

Just my $.02 =  If someone started out a review of a high-powered sports car by saying "well, I've never really driven anything other than my automatic Prius before, but this thing was hard to start, was really noisy, the clutch was touchy, it seemed really jerky in the corners, the brakes were really grabby and ride was really harsh," I'd think to myself, "WTF is this guy doing writing a review of race cars?"

No offense, OP, but you admitted that you are a newbie, and there are ropes to learn in order to have a good time with the ladies.  You can really create awkward situations and not even know it by saying certain things, doing certain things, etc.  I would hold off on writing a negative review until you have a few more sporting events under your belt (pun intended).  It could very well be that she is a great provider, but something turned the encounter sideways, and it might just be you.  Just sayin', and we have all been there - I inadvertently pissed off a provider early on so badly that she nearly blacklisted me, and it was my fault, too.  If I had given her a bad review on top of inadvertently being a jerk, she might just have blacklisted me and that would have put a real pothole in my road to heaven. 

On the other hand, you said that you had a great date later that very same evening, that is the review that you should be writing.

52 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Just my $.02 =  If someone started out a review of a high-powered sports car by saying "well, I've never really driven anything other than my automatic Prius before, but this thing was hard to start, was really noisy, the clutch was touchy, it seemed really jerky in the corners, the brakes were really grabby and ride was really harsh," I'd think to myself, "WTF is this guy doing writing a review of race cars?"

No offense, OP, but you admitted that you are a newbie, and there are ropes to learn in order to have a good time with the ladies.  You can really create awkward situations and not even know it by saying certain things, doing certain things, etc.  I would hold off on writing a negative review until you have a few more sporting events under your belt (pun intended).  It could very well be that she is a great provider, but something turned the encounter sideways, and it might just be you.  Just sayin', and we have all been there - I inadvertently pissed off a provider early on so badly that she nearly blacklisted me, and it was my fault, too.  If I had given her a bad review on top of inadvertently being a jerk, she might just have blacklisted me and that would have put a real pothole in my road to heaven. 

On the other hand, you said that you had a great date later that very same evening, that is the review that you should be writing.

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone, somewhere is making a penny." -Steven Wright

Works both ways using your logic, can't write a bad review, can't write a good review. I still say you just give an honest opinion of what happened how it made you feel and let the audience sort out the rest.

6 hours ago, Bootsce said:

Precisely where did anyone in this thread say not to post honest reviews??  Simply that a reviewer know enough about what he is reviewing to write one. If you think finding and selecting a lady is purely a random crap shoot, then indeed there would be "proportionate" numbers of positive and negative.  Some do their best to figure out ahead of time with whom the best experience is likely, making their reviews NOT random nor subject to a nice bell curve.

I'll let readers determine where honest reviews are suggested as not ideal as well as where specific parmeters are dictated. It's a short post and shouldn't be difficult 😀

As for the information and disinformation on statistics above disproportionate means out of balance and was chosen because a statistical analysis is not easily performed given the dataset. Just put down the slide ruler and step away.

On 11/5/2017 at 6:59 PM, Webhead said:

This past Saturday night I tried to meet someone and, as bad as it may come across, get them off my list. First, am I a horrible person for making a list of providers I want to spend time with lol? Second, the encounter was a nightmare. Delays, personal issues, and then when we finally did meet, she wasn't ready, couldn't find condoms, so I said it was not meant to be and I left. I was patient, and courteous, and I understand life happens. Should I just keep it to myself, or is a bad review necessary? I ended up meeting with someone else (amazing experience BTW) so I still had a blast that night, but the earlier incident almost made me want to stop hobbling. I am so new to all this and just want to get some advice. Thanks!!

Well you make a good point. It's off your list now. Lol and sound like she was having a off day. We all have those. Maybe wait to make decision.   getting out is always a option. Just be open minded and kind

On 11/5/2017 at 10:25 PM, NoCoGeezer said:

I'll take the opposite view and say write the review. What if she is having many off nights, and guys are giving her a pass? Not unusual, this board and others have seen many once great providers spiral down.

Just don't be nasty, state that maybe an off day.

+1

Write the review - be honest and objective.  I would want to know the risk to time and resources.  

Since the provider can always submit a rebuttal, so why not leave a review so all of us can see both sides of the story. Without your review all of us can only guess... and that is just a waste of time.

13 hours ago, ceeu2nite said:

Since the provider can always submit a rebuttal, so why not leave a review so all of us can see both sides of the story. Without your review all of us can only guess... and that is just a waste of time.

Exactly! !! No need for all the speculations and guess work. LEAVE the review. SHE can speak on her side of things and we can All eat popcorn and Read on 😉

Write the honest review. Leave it up to the reader whether it's good or bad.