Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sweet Hannah

Music Preference

31 posts in this topic

Is it terrible to play music or Pandora in the background? Music is always a nice touch... Help put everyone in the tempo desired. No one's ever complained or said anything. Music choice is usually asked and played. Background noise is sometimes helpful...:rolleyes:

A little music in the background is nice. I real don't care what type of music, just not too loud. Beats the heck out of having the TV on. :(

The TV is definitely distracting. I love indie- songwriter music on Pandora. The 80's is my second fav for when I have company. It's so annoying when a guest is quiet and awkward. Bringing up music helps as an ice breaker sometimes.

Going back to my lost youth, I have always thought it would be fun to follow Mike Demone's advice and have the B Side of Led Zeppelin IV planning during a session

Love having some Chicago blues on in the background. ANYTHING but the TV

I am particularly fond of music with most anything. The blues are my favorite genre. I have been known to bring my own music to some sessions. TV's are OUT

Going back to my lost youth, I have always thought it would be fun to follow Mike Demone's advice and have the B Side of Led Zeppelin IV planning during a session

I can fix it, I can fix it!

I just might have that one in "my dad's massive set of tools" lol;)

Is it terrible to play music or Pandora in the background? Music is always a nice touch... Help put everyone in the tempo desired. No one's ever complained or said anything. Music choice is usually asked and played. Background noise is sometimes helpful...:rolleyes:

I'd add that music is good. (no music is fine, too) But, I'd offer you get a subscription. It is always a little jarring when some random ad comes on.

I love when I walk in the door and she has music playing. I'm fine with whatever makes her comfortable.

Agreed. paying would definitely be a benefit. The ads are getting worse. LOL . hearing about new bands is really nice and this is a great opportunity in my opinion.

Rap and hip hop ruin the mood for me. Soft jazz is nice - and classical works as well.

Music I think is one of the MINOR must haves to set the mood (along with many other things)

the type....I have never had a complaint and I love all types of music!

when making my play list I just go through my songs just not picking what I think are "cool jams" and pick songs from different genres that only ENHANCE the mood! lol

I also Take in consideration who it is coming to see me, different gents like different things! all in all music is a nice touch if the right melody is just right!:D

Yes, anything but country. It depresses me.

How in the heck is Shaking it for Luke Bryan or Burnin it down with Jason Aldean depressing?!?!?!

I have always found music to be distracting during playtime. If it is something I really like or am very familiar with it's hard to not hum along or tap a foot. I also find that sometimes I tend to move to the rhythm of whatever is playing which doesn't always work with the mood. However in my experience I find music can be a nice bonding moment, finding that you have something in common with someone always is an added bonus.

I LOVE some RAP during a session lol...even though I'm a white guy it just turns me on for some reason...maybe I associate it with girls shaking their booties at strip clubs...gets me in the mood :)

Anything's better than the tv, but I prefer instrumental music when getting it on, most singing just takes me out of the moment. Jazz is great as long as it's not of the smooth/elevator variety, or the really dissonant stuff from Miles/Coltrane/etc... (that stuff is great, just not so much for getting down). If I think a girl is of the more adventurous variety, I might go with Explosions in the Sky or Godspeed You Black Emperor.

If there's gonna be vocals, I break it into 2 groups. I can take the safe approach and go with the classics (Marvin Gaye, Al Greene, Isaac Hayes). Or I can go with the indie/new wave sexy music - Mazzy Star, Portishead, Devendra Banhart.

I love Jazz..it's smooth and slow. Just the way I like to make love:D

I like music. I like to be at least consulted before a girl slaps something on. I especially like afro-latino for sex. Radio is a total buzz-kill.

There are some playlists on YouTube which is awesome because they're commercial free and can be 1 hour to 3 hours long.

I need to find a provider that is into Death/Black Metal!

Amsterdam played tech metal for me at my request. I was blown away that she had the exact songs I wanted. Her sound system is killer too - the speaker was almost 6' tall.

yeah her price is preeeetty steep though lol.

I caught her on a $150 Hhr. Very reasonable rate, I must say so myself.

Off the top of my head, depending on the mood I'm in:

Who's Next by The Who

Amnesiac and/or Kid A by Radiohead

In A Silent Way - Sketches of Spain - Kind of Blue by Miles Davis

Years ago when the movie "10" came out everyone was listening to Ravel's Bolero during playtime.