Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Weight loss pics

34 posts in this topic

Hey Guys! I am just curious if a provider was in the process of losing weight would you want to see the progress of her weight loss? OR would you rather just see new pics once she lost weight? I plan on losing 40lbs by June so I am just curious what you guys think.

I for one, think you are absolutely gorgeous and I love you body as is. If 40 less is your goal, good luck, cant wait to see the end result. You will be beautiful after and just as you are before. Good Luck !!!!

I've lost 55+ lbs since Dec 2012. I believe that the guys would rather see the progress than not, even though it takes way more effort on my part. I thought about not revealing the weight loss till the final result, but just like when girls gain weight , the guys want to know about it. My suggestion is that if you look any different than your current photos, then yes, post new pictures. Congrats Melissa! You are awesome either way.:)

If I'm booking a date, I expect to see the girl in the pics when she opens the door. Some guys may prefer a little cushion' for the pushin' and be disappointed when a more svelte you opens the door. Truth in advertising counts.

if you look any different than your current photos, then yes, post new pictures

That pretty much sums it up for weight loss, weight gain, aging, etc.

Good luck to all trying to lose weight and/or get fit. It's a hard road but worth it! (I've been there)

perhaps posting your progress would help keep you on track??? anyhow, congrats on your initiative!!

The main problem with posting progress pics is that other people won't see your progress as incrementally as you do.

For example, if you lose 10 pounds, you'll look in the mirror and think "holy shit, I look & feel so much better". Someone else will look at you & say "you lost weight? Really?"

I would recommend that you wait until most or all of the weight is gone before posting new pics. In the meantime, guys who are able to tell the difference will be pleasantly surprised when they see you. When you reach your goal weight, you can post the new pics and say "tada! Look at the new me!!".

Waiting could also save you a bit of embarrassment -- if you post all along that you're in the process of losing 40 lbs and then, for some reason, you aren't able to do so (life gets in the way sometimes), you might feel a bit sheepish when people ask how it's going.

Double congrats on your initiative. Takes a lot of willpower! Stay with it. I think progress reports are a good idea.

The main problem with posting progress pics is that other people won't see your progress as incrementally as you do.

For example, if you lose 10 pounds, you'll look in the mirror and think "holy shit, I look & feel so much better". Someone else will look at you & say "you lost weight? Really?"

I disagree. Unless people see you everyday, I think they notice...especially in person. (Maybe not a spouse, or co-worker.)

I often hear people say "Have you lost weight?", and the response is "Well yes, but not that much!".

I don't recall ever hearing "You lost weight? Really?"

So, Melissa, I vote that you post pics. I love pictures of you at any weight! :P

I would recommend that you wait until most or all of the weight is gone before posting new pics. In the meantime, guys who are able to tell the difference will be pleasantly surprised when they see you.

Unless they planed on seeing the girl in the photos. Then they could be disappointed because she is not as advertised.:(

Waiting could also save you a bit of embarrassment -- if you post all along that you're in the process of losing 40 lbs and then, for some reason, you aren't able to do so (life gets in the way sometimes), you might feel a bit sheepish when people ask how it's going.

I think that posting about it is a good idea because it puts more pressure to continue to make forward progress.

Hey Guys! I am just curious if a provider was in the process of losing weight would you want to see the progress of her weight loss? OR would you rather just see new pics once she lost weight? I plan on losing 40lbs by June so I am just curious what you guys think.

That sounds interesting, especially if you're a local person looking for regulars. It humanizes you.

Meanwhile, I'm a fitness freak but a couple of years ago I couldn't get rid of fat that I wanted gone. That's because I was a vegetarian, and I didn't know it, but allergic to gluten, which was a huge part of my diet. Shortly ago, I started eating meat, increased my protein a lot, cut carbs/gluten, and now I'm lean getting to very lean and muscular.

Try a high protein diet for amazing results!

Congratulations to both of you. Both of you are beautiful ladies, but I can really appreciate the determination to change your style. I think that pictures would be great showing the progress Melissa. Destiny, thank you so much for your updating photographs constantly.

How exciting! Congrats on the decision, hope you have fun on your project, and best wishes for you. It's always good for us when we accomplish our goals. And, Destiny looks fabuous!

If I'm booking a date, I expect to see the girl in the pics when she opens the door. Some guys may prefer a little cushion' for the pushin' and be disappointed when a more svelte you opens the door. Truth in advertising counts.

congrats on your new direction ms. sterling! I have to agree with Furious on this one. I am one of those guys who really appreciates voluptuous women! so I get bummed when I show up and the lady has lost some of those sexy curves!

I wouldn't care if you made a point about your weight loss in your pics. As long as you have a recent pic. Well actually as long as look somewhat as the girl in the pic then your ok with me... well to be honest as long as you have most of your teeth then your ok with me. PS. I hope you girls get fit and keep it off. That way I can put you back on my list again. hahaha just kidding.

How exciting! Congrats on the decision, hope you have fun on your project, and best wishes for you. It's always good for us when we accomplish our goals. And, Destiny looks fabuous!

Now wait a minute. I complimented the same person about a month ago for looking good due to her hard work and diet and landed up with an infraction banning me from this board for a week. For consistency holly should receive the same punishment.

Now wait a minute. I complimented the same person about a month ago for looking good due to her hard work and diet and landed up with an infraction banning me from this board for a week. For consistency holly should receive the same punishment.

I volunteer to give Holly a gentle spanking.

12. Do not post complaints about the way the board is being moderated. Please contact the mods privately, if you must.

http://www.theotherboard.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_post_rules

You received an infraction on that post because it was an unsolicited shill. Responding to an already established (albeit borderline to some), thread topic usually skates by. I haven't researched, but you were probably banned because you had collected other infractions.

You shouldn't worry about others' "punishment", but rather read the FAQs link provided to you. But if it'll make you feel better, I've placed Holly on the spank list. (Over my knee).

Back on-topic.. ac pics are always a good thing.

I have a progression of photos in the gallery on my website, with my most recent photos showing up at the top and as you scroll down they go in order back to the photos I used when I first started in the industry. I keep it like this because I think it's really interesting to see how much I have changed in just a year and a half. I've lost about 15 lbs since then, more because I have some health issues that I'm dealing with than because I was trying to. While I do think I look great, it is sometimes alarming to me to get compliments from clients about it since I didn't lose the weight to fit into societal ideals. I thought I looked great before, too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that weight loss isn't always something that you should compliment someone about, even if they do look great.

Thanks for all the compliments and encouragement! Now if only I could get a hold of my web guy to update pics.

Ladies: If you feel the need to lose weight or get in shape, due to health reasons, to boost your self esteem or perception of yourself, more power to you. If you think that some of us that appreciate the voluptuous, womanly figures need an extra incentive to be more active, please re-think your possibilities.

Attractiveness on a scale of 1 to 10 is based on the eye of the beholder, not the beholded. Believe me when I say that all men do not rate women based on their looks; personality, warmth, compassion, friendliness, and openness, have more to do with attraction than just looks alone. I, for one, find most women very attractive, based on the above criteria, and not just their appearance. A rose is a rose is a rose, but there are other flowers in the garden as well...

I would caution anyone on a fitness program not to measure your results with a scale. As you exercise (an essential component of any fitness program) you will add muscle tissue, which weighs more than fat tissue. Worry about your stamina, the tape measure, your body image. Those before/after & progress photos are a better guide than the scale.

Melissa - first, I applaud you for the desire to lose weight. For health reasons alone (and to keep you in the hobby longer), this is great.

From a hobby perspective, most of us guys aren't too worried about weight We are more concerned with your personality and compatibility.

But there is also one truth to the guys you need to recognize. WE LOVE PICS! THE MORE THE BETTER! So, keep us posted on your progress. And if you need someone to take some new pics, I would be honored.

let me add my +1 also Melissa. you've always been a beautiful woman.

i think 9 out of 10 hobby horses would prefer a chronicle of your progress toward this noble goal in an ongoing pictorial. it's a fine idea to put up new and exciting pics every few weeks or so . . . say, in the community tab pictures section.

my vote would also be to see you in different outfits that flatter whatever feature you feel like is deserving of special attention!

Ladies: If you feel the need to lose weight or get in shape, due to health reasons, to boost your self esteem or perception of yourself, more power to you. If you think that some of us that appreciate the voluptuous, womanly figures need an extra incentive to be more active, please re-think your possibilities.

Attractiveness on a scale of 1 to 10 is based on the eye of the beholder, not the beholded. Believe me when I say that all men do not rate women based on their looks; personality, warmth, compassion, friendliness, and openness, have more to do with attraction than just looks alone. I, for one, find most women very attractive, based on the above criteria, and not just their appearance. A rose is a rose is a rose, but there are other flowers in the garden as well...

Rest assured darlin that this is for me and my health alone. Many here on the board know that a few years ago I almost died due to having Pulmonary embolisms (yes plural). I had a lot of heart damage and could not exercise for over a year. Now being that I am over 30 I gained weight, that and going from being active and climbing 14ers to being a couch potato. I recently went to the Dr. and he said you need to lose weight! My cholesterol and triglycerides are through the roof. I really do not feel good half the time so it is time. I am not in the mood to be a ticking time bomb.

FOR the guys that like us voluptuous/ full figured ladies THANK YOU! However, for my physical safety and well being you can kiss this big booty goodbye...LOL. NOW I do not plan on being the 110lbs I was even 5 years ago, but I will be quite happy at 130. AND like BIT said it isnt about the numbers, it's the inches. I will build muscle, hell I can barely lift my arms today.....HURTS SO GOOD!

I joined a gym called Orange theory, I know they have them in Denver....look them up, it is totally amazing.

Good on you girl. Seen the before and the after. Both are good good good. Do what makes you happy and feel better. That's most important. Too bad those gezastahabens will get a little smaller. Pics every once in a while, when you can see the change.

Good luck to you pretty girl.