JessicaJonesing

Seeing many complaints about cost of living/rates going up; From the client side, what should providers do to make things better for you?

83 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Nobody wants me to come to their business.... and tell them they should charge less for the same amount of work. Nor do 99% of people want anybody else's opinions on how they should do their job. If you're not a provider don't speak on provider business. Same goes for if you're not a doctor don't speak on being a doctor. It's really common sense.....   to me anyways 🙃

I dont expect a business owner to ask me how he/she should run the business.  That said, most business  owners seek and use  client/customer feedback about the client/customer experience. Reviews are part of that process here. The OPs solicitation of input also seems to fit in that category. I clearly understand and accept that the p@#&y rules, but listening to clients - at least selectively- seems like a good practice.

22 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

WHY is a provider posting a rate thread? WHY Is a provider WHOS NOT EVEN PROVIDING....asking CLIENTS how we should help them financially. 

While she may not be providing at this time, this is still an open forum where anybody can contribute and or comment as long as it is done respectfully.

I don't see in her post where she asks "how should we help them financially"?

11 hours ago, tide32 said:

Totally agree. My wife would always ask my opinion and then we did what she wanted. Ain't life a bitch! :P

And that's pretty much how it will go here too, but it sure was nice of her to post. 😂

14 hours ago, oldguy47 said:

Seems to me that'd be an inappropriate question, regardless of the price point.

How so? It's basically an academic question about a particular pricing/marketing strategy.

The rules of "supply and demand" hold true in anything that is not run by a government.  The hard part is accurately determining the true demand and the true supply.  I THINK that is what the O.P. was trying to do.  While the P#^y rule apply they also greatly affect the         demand.  No matter how attractive the supply is, as the cost of the supply raises, the smaller the demand becomes.  

3 hours ago, mustang said:

The rules of "supply and demand" hold true in anything that is not run by a government.  The hard part is accurately determining the true demand and the true supply.  I THINK that is what the O.P. was trying to do.  While the P#^y rule apply they also greatly affect the         demand.  No matter how attractive the supply is, as the cost of the supply raises, the smaller the demand becomes.  

Determining supply in this genre is far too fickle and unreliable to attempt, or so I've found over the years... ...just wait and see seems to be the rule. 

But I am genuinely interested in what clients have to say. Especially as everything is super obvious in hindsight. For instance, it's rare to get "thank you for a wonderful time" messages from clients, and I always really appreciated it. Having it brain, it should've then occurred to me to send "thanks" notes to 100% of clients, but historically I'd get super busy and forget. Which isn't really acceptable on my part. This is a forum of mostly seasoned hobbyists -- but it's a huge decision for a lot of guys to see a provider. Remember back to your first couple times? How nervous you likely were? Wouldn't it have been nice then to receive a "thank you for a great time, you were wonderful!"?

So going forward I'll make it a point to send gratitudes to everyone.

The punch card thing is actually pretty cool! Be fun to think a bunch of people were carrying around a card with a nude picture of me with loyalty holes to punch ;-)

But that probably wouldn't fly, for obvious reasons. So a "JJ's Coffee" card or something ubiquitous, perhaps?

@tide32  :-)  @Hunter VanDyke Hey now, I might be dense, but I do actually listen -- just slow on the uptake...  ;-)  Kidding. Well not really, but part of being in this so long is the self-perception that I'm making people feel happier about the world -- even if just for an hour or two -- can't really do that without being self-aware and aware of clients' perceptions...

On 10/28/2021 at 11:17 AM, Mustang87 said:

I don't think her intent was to start a rate thread, but as so often happens, threads on here don't end up where the OP intended.  I for one appreciate begin asked my opinion on the topic. I won't dare give that opinion for fear of being accused of telling ladies how to run their businesses. But I did appreciate being asked. :D

@Mustang87 The point of this thread is specifically asking for opinions on how to improve relations -- and thus business -- speak freely if you'd like, or have suggestions? If not here, feel free to PM.

Same for everyone...  ...I've always thought providers and active hobbyists who choose ongoing interactions with us -- as a group it's us Vs. the world symbiotically, not antagonistically against each other.

3 minutes ago, JessicaJonesing said:

@Mustang87 The point of this thread is specifically asking for opinions on how to improve relations -- and thus business -- speak freely if you'd like, or have suggestions? If not here, feel free to PM.

Same for everyone...  ...I've always thought providers and active hobbyists who choose ongoing interactions with us -- as a group it's us Vs. the world symbiotically, not antagonistically against each other.

Great observation.

6 hours ago, jalanp said:

How so? It's basically an academic question about a particular pricing/marketing strategy.

Asking someone how much money they make is inappropriate. Asking how many clients a lady sees is inappropriate. Booking a session isn't license to learn the ins and outs of the trade or pricing/marketing strategy. If you want to book such a tutorial, you can always ask if that  service is provided and what the cost would be.

just gonna throw out a few things here. it has been mentioned that rent and home prices are going up and that the ladies need to match that. a point to consider, i bought my house in 93, right now, if i were to buy my home it would cost me 600% of what i paid back then, i.e. 6 times as much. my income right now is 225% more than it was back then. cost of housing and income levels are not rising at the same rate which makes it difficult for both the ladies and the guys.

something the guys need to understand is that when a lady asks for a certain donation, we'll use 300 to make the math easy, it covers all of her time. so if you ask for an hour and she says 300, it is not 300 for the hour, she has to spend time getting ready, say an hour to make herself look pretty and an hour to make her incall presentable or if outcall an hour of travel time. so she is really only making 100 an hour to make you feel special for an hour.

now there are some ladies that offer a discount for longer sessions. effectively this can give the lady an hourly raise and makes the guy see a better value. take the 300 an hour, say it is 200 for the second hour for 500 total. her prep and or travel time should still be the same so now she is at 4 hours of her time which means 125 an hour.

i know i enjoy longer sessions with the ladies, it tends to be more relaxing than trying to hurry and get everything done in one hour.

16 minutes ago, IRsparky said:

something the guys need to understand is that when a lady asks for a certain donation, we'll use 300 to make the math easy, it covers all of her time. so if you ask for an hour and she says 300, it is not 300 for the hour, she has to spend time getting ready, say an hour to make herself look pretty and an hour to make her incall presentable or if outcall an hour of travel time. so she is really only making 100 an hour to make you feel special for an hour.

While this obsevation makes sense when you forst read it, IF your employer requires you to be at work at 9:00 am, is he/she really telling you to star getting ready at 9:00 and try to be at your work station at 10:00 - 10:30?  

Why should they get "100 dollars for taking an hour to clean their house?  It is my understanding that MOST providers do not use their personal residence as an incall, that would be a HUGE risk for them.  

EVERY profession has parts that the successful participant must partake in with out being able to monitaze.  Dry cleaning of work suits/cloths comes to mind.  Fuel for a car or bus/cab/uber etc fees.

Please do not interept this response as being intended to lessen what the ladies do in performing the job that they do, because it is not.  Just MY response to you cost analysis.

Well since you asked,  I might as well throw in my two cents.

The punch card was used by a girl here in Kansas. 5 visits and the 6th was on the house I think but only on certain days.

There was a girl who would from time to time, cook you a home made meal of your choice. Multiple hours for the visit.  Set price.

When one girl wanted to take a trip, she would give some of  her regulars a chance to get her in a silent auction.  Minimun bid. Her trip, lodging and meals included. Plus she got some money to spend. A working vacation but she went a lot of places.

There are the dinner dates. Make the dinner time affordable and regular rate after. A girl has to eat. Lol

Happy hour. Have the guys favorite drink on hand for before or after the session.

Extra time with a 2hr visit.

There are many things you can do without dropping your donation. Businesses do it all the time. Perks for regulars.  It gets them repeat business. 

Edited by Alex Majors

@JessicaJonesing as other mentioned before thank you for reaching out to the other side and ask for our input… it is really appreciated!

I don’t think you can get any open / honest feedback from the guys as most likely will be flagged and the discussion will take an unwanted direction.

My personal opinion is that most discussions around rate increases fail to consider the client perspective. It is true cost of living is going up but it does not only impact providers. Clients are also impacted and if there is not a significant income increase, which I would think is the case for most clients during this pandemic, all of the sudden our hobby budget is not enough to see our favorite provider. That being said, if you add the increased rates to the equation the results are just frustrating for both parties.

I’ve been lucky enough to continue to hobby, but at a lower pace than before. when discussing this topic with the people I spend time with, they tell me is been much slower and more frequently I hear ladies considering leaving either temporarily/permanently and exploring other options.

I also hear from fellow hobbyists making the “move” to other platforms such as stg, listcrawler seeking rates more aligned with their possibilities and assuming a higher risk with scammers, fakes, etc.

There is no fix to this clusterfuck, unfortunately, but we can at least hear each other out.

It appears that some guys like a long relaxing get to know each other type of date and other guys just would like a quick POA.

It seems like some ladies prepare for a long get to know each other date  and I'm sure they try to make it nice. They like sitting later or even next day appointments.

Other ladies sit in a hotel , they don't want you contacting them unless you are ready within an hour. 

So, who's  right? There is no who's right.

We all got to do what's right for us.

On 10/29/2021 at 1:23 PM, JessicaJonesing said:

Determining supply in this genre is far too fickle and unreliable to attempt, or so I've found over the years... ...just wait and see seems to be the rule. 

But I am genuinely interested in what clients have to say. Especially as everything is super obvious in hindsight. For instance, it's rare to get "thank you for a wonderful time" messages from clients, and I always really appreciated it. Having it brain, it should've then occurred to me to send "thanks" notes to 100% of clients, but historically I'd get super busy and forget. Which isn't really acceptable on my part. This is a forum of mostly seasoned hobbyists -- but it's a huge decision for a lot of guys to see a provider. Remember back to your first couple times? How nervous you likely were? Wouldn't it have been nice then to receive a "thank you for a great time, you were wonderful!"?

So going forward I'll make it a point to send gratitudes to everyone.

The punch card thing is actually pretty cool! Be fun to think a bunch of people were carrying around a card with a nude picture of me with loyalty holes to punch ;-)

But that probably wouldn't fly, for obvious reasons. So a "JJ's Coffee" card or something ubiquitous, perhaps?

@tide32  :-)  @Hunter VanDyke Hey now, I might be dense, but I do actually listen -- just slow on the uptake...  ;-)  Kidding. Well not really, but part of being in this so long is the self-perception that I'm making people feel happier about the world -- even if just for an hour or two -- can't really do that without being self-aware and aware of clients' perceptions...

On 10/25/2021 at 1:08 PM, JessicaJonesing said:

For the record, still not seeing people, so not "promoting" any "brand", just curious.

It's been a pretty universal complaint -- cost of living has gone up quite a bit, thus everything is more expensive.

But with that broad complaint I'm not seeing any real-world suggestions? What else can be done?

1. I've always disdained the "QV"  because I like to have the relaxed time to first shower together, get to know someone's situations and various other random, personal reasons. Additionally and as an oversimplified generalization, the less-expensive QV "thing" seems to be looked down upon by established providers, but perhaps it's something we should be considering?
  2. Streamlined prices for those that follow a providers' screening/contact preferences on first contact? I used to waste about 1/4 or more of my time dealing with dillweeds, goofballs, lonely chatters and "sexters" who never intended to meet. Cutting that out has value to me...
  3. Should we formally list previous (lower) rates for repeat/existing clients? That seems to irritate new admirers...
  4. My favorite: Discounts for paying in crypto?

Not sure why rates and increases generates such hostility -- it is what it is, print 8 billion dollars, inflation is going to happen -- so let's try and keep it on-topic and civil?

(FWIW, I used to increase rates when I wanted to deal with fewer inquires and see less new people, as existing clients were "grandfathered" in)

Seriously, it doesn't matter that you aren't currently seeing people because you have been for so long and have a lot more experience than most. You're also making it possible for me to see people while you're recovering.

I will occasionally give discounts for regulars clients, those that I've seen 2 or more times, but usually in the form of extra time. I think it makes them feel more appreciated that the provider isn't just watching the clock and waiting to get them out at exactly 1 hour. I'm also more lenient with those that verify right away instead of wanting to talk on and off for weeks or even months without booking.

On 10/29/2021 at 8:45 AM, jalanp said:

Yet our business is independent and so asking us to go for the same universal rates?! Na, it will never happen. I don’t believe that it is even fair to entertain the thinking on any level either. 

3. Is a personal choice and some Companions provide reduced prices for those who on a regular basis sees them. Which is a totally new conversation in itself. What determines a regular?  1 time a month, 1 time every three months? If you Remember the face? Just hard to factor in all the variables and everyone has there on opinion on what makes a “regular” 
4. Crypto versus cash? This is a plus for those who are good with crypto, and then again, there are so many types of Cripto now. I prefer cash because that's what I understand best. @JessicaJonesing, I think this is a great thread. Also, each one of the “rising rate” threads is a different read. lAt least from my perspective, they all seem to have A different vibe. 

For once,

5.I would love someone to read my website thoroughly. I have two, mind you. Yet the one I use for general use is the one I would like people to read and yes it is the one posted on all platforms, please. Muffin’s plan of having prospective clients read her website is excellent. I do remember her well! 😍 I never did anything with the passion pussy cats. Yet, I was inspired by the group of ladies and a few of them I became friends with. 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki
Number 5.

1 hour ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Yet our business is independent and so asking us to go for the same universal rates?! Na, it will never happen. I don’t believe that it is even fair to entertain the thinking on any level either. 

3. Is a personal choice and some Companions provide reduced prices for those who on a regular basis sees them. Which is a totally new conversation in itself. What determines a regular?  1 time a month, 1 time every three months? If you Remember the face? Just hard to factor in all the variables and everyone has there on opinion on what makes a “regular” 
4. Crypto versus cash? This is a plus for those who are good with crypto, and then again, there are so many types of Cripto now. I prefer cash because that's what I understand best. @JessicaJonesing, I think this is a great thread. Also, each one of the “rising rate” threads is a different read. lAt least from my perspective, they all seem to have A different vibe. 

For once,

5.I would love someone to read my website thoroughly. I have two, mind you. Yet the one I use for general use is the one I would like people to read and yes it is the one posted on all platforms, please. Muffin’s plan of having prospective clients read her website is excellent. I do remember her well! 😍 I never did anything with the passion pussy cats. Yet, I was inspired by the group of ladies and a few of them I became friends with. 

Seems like you and old guy both misunderstood my post.

I was replying to another post that "questioned" the difference between a $200 versus a $400 provider. I was pointing out that there are providers that also charge significantly more than that. I did not and, would not, question how much a provider chooses to ask for their services. Nor was I suggesting that everyone should charge the "same universal rates".

There are a range of pricing options available for any good or service. In many cases, this range can be significant. Sometimes, the explanation for these ranges is pretty straightforward. Quality of craftsmanship, size, location and after sales support are a few examples. What I find interesting in this business, is that the value added for a higher rate is not always obvious. I have seen people suggest age, size, services offered, location, ethnicity, etc. as some possibilities. However, these are largely subjective as different people like different things so, when it comes to hobbying, we each choose price points based on what we value. While subjectivity is inherent in almost any determination of value, there are also some objective measures that go into determining price. An SUV costs more than a sedan for many reasons. An SUV, for example, holds more passengers. There might be people who would like to drive an SUV but, can't afford to so, they have to drive something else. There are other people who do not need, like or want an SUV so, to them, it really doesn't matter how much they cost. Other than multiple hours or overnights costing more than a shorter session (although sometimes at a reduction in the actual hourly rate) or a duo costing more than a solo provider, I am not sure how many of these objective measures there are in this business.

I assume, in this business, that higher rates most likely means there is a smaller number of potential clients. Furthermore, because of the nature of the business, providers do not have or sometimes don't take the opportunity to sale themselves in terms of the value of their services in relation to how they set their rates. My guess is that providers that charge higher rates do so because they either believe, or know from experience, that there are more potential clients looking for a provider that is their age, body type, etc. and that they can, therefore, charge those rates. Once again, let me stress that I have absolutely no issue with this at all.  I certainly charge as much as I can for the work that I do.

But then, we get to those providers that are charging substantially higher rates than everyone else. I have seen some as high as $1000/hour. It is strictly my opinion but, the only added value I see in these cases is the potential that those providers are seeing a very limited number of clients; since I assume that there are not a huge number that can afford to regularly pay those rates. Again, I have absolutely no issue with a provider charging whatever rate they want to charge nor do I have a problem with a client paying whatever rate(s) they want to pay. My curiosity, therefore, leads me to wonder if I am correct in assuming,  that the providers that are charging these very high rates are doing so for the express purpose of reducing the number of potential clients that they will deal with and, that those clients are of a "higher caliber" because they choose to pay those rates. And, if that's the case, is it working? My, tongue-in-check, conclusion was that I was too cheap to pay in order to be in a position to see if I was right.

I did not even come close to suggesting that I would ask a provider how much money they make. 

4 hours ago, jalanp said:

Seems like you and old guy both misunderstood my post.

I was replying to another post that "questioned" the difference between a $200 versus a $400 provider. I was pointing out that there are providers that also charge significantly more than that. I did not and, would not, question how much a provider chooses to ask for their services. Nor was I suggesting that everyone should charge the "same universal rates".

There are a range of pricing options available for any good or service. In many cases, this range can be significant. Sometimes, the explanation for these ranges is pretty straightforward. Quality of craftsmanship, size, location and after sales support are a few examples. What I find interesting in this business, is that the value added for a higher rate is not always obvious. I have seen people suggest age, size, services offered, location, ethnicity, etc. as some possibilities. However, these are largely subjective as different people like different things so, when it comes to hobbying, we each choose price points based on what we value. While subjectivity is inherent in almost any determination of value, there are also some objective measures that go into determining price. An SUV costs more than a sedan for many reasons. An SUV, for example, holds more passengers. There might be people who would like to drive an SUV but, can't afford to so, they have to drive something else. There are other people who do not need, like or want an SUV so, to them, it really doesn't matter how much they cost. Other than multiple hours or overnights costing more than a shorter session (although sometimes at a reduction in the actual hourly rate) or a duo costing more than a solo provider, I am not sure how many of these objective measures there are in this business.

I assume, in this business, that higher rates most likely means there is a smaller number of potential clients. Furthermore, because of the nature of the business, providers do not have or sometimes don't take the opportunity to sale themselves in terms of the value of their services in relation to how they set their rates. My guess is that providers that charge higher rates do so because they either believe, or know from experience, that there are more potential clients looking for a provider that is their age, body type, etc. and that they can, therefore, charge those rates. Once again, let me stress that I have absolutely no issue with this at all.  I certainly charge as much as I can for the work that I do.

But then, we get to those providers that are charging substantially higher rates than everyone else. I have seen some as high as $1000/hour. It is strictly my opinion but, the only added value I see in these cases is the potential that those providers are seeing a very limited number of clients; since I assume that there are not a huge number that can afford to regularly pay those rates. Again, I have absolutely no issue with a provider charging whatever rate they want to charge nor do I have a problem with a client paying whatever rate(s) they want to pay. My curiosity, therefore, leads me to wonder if I am correct in assuming,  that the providers that are charging these very high rates are doing so for the express purpose of reducing the number of potential clients that they will deal with and, that those clients are of a "higher caliber" because they choose to pay those rates. And, if that's the case, is it working? My, tongue-in-check, conclusion was that I was too cheap to pay in order to be in a position to see if I was right.

I did not even come close to suggesting that I would ask a provider how much money they make. 

I stand corrected,

I think if the Companion needs to rent a hotel room, she or even he might be factoring that into their rates. I also believe traveling ladies charge extra for gas and traveling to you, which is an expense that can’t be forgotten. To me, it is not about self-worth. There is no dollar amount I can put on my body, skill, entertaining abilities. The men who visit me regularly might tell you why they choose to see me versus another lady? Then again, the same can be true for another Companion as to why that particular man decides to see who he enjoys. The reasoning is all vastly different as It should be along with the dollar amount charged by each lady. There will never be any real answers about why someone demands so much more than others? Thinking you Might send Her a personal message, and ask why? 
 Ms. High Dollar (with her blessing), why do you charge so much for your services? You may then  come back on TOB and let us have the answer! Good Luck! The dollar amount should be stated on her website or possibly on her advertising page.TOB doesn't allow for discussion on money amounts on their platform. Other platform websites do, however allow Discussion of money. 

One thing I don’t mind explaining and off topic is that I prefer to be called a Companion versus a provider. Provider of sex? Yes we are Sex Workers, yet Companion sounds better to me. It is what P411 uses, and I feel it sounds more respectful. 

1 hour ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

One thing I don’t mind explaining and off topic is that I prefer to be called a Companion versus a provider. Provider of sex? Yes we are Sex Workers, yet Companion sounds better to me. It is what P411 uses, and I feel it sounds more respectful. 

I understand your point and, meant no offense by using the term provider. However, you are a provider of companionship and there is nothing wrong with that.  Hope you have a good night.

9 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

5.I would love someone to read my website thoroughly.

For my 13th birthday, I requested a pink dress and a pony.

I'm still waiting. As, I suspect, you will be too. ;-)

Mostly kidding, lovely to see you chime in.

On a serious note, I always have the very best time with guys who read my website's articles, learn about me, and follow my requested contact methods. I'm wordy -- okay, yeah, approaching long-winded-gasbag status -- so I respect the time put in deciding if they like my personality/visuals/offerings. It has prevented all misunderstandings, and in a highly "YMMV" industry, first understanding the companion and what she enjoys offering generally seems to mean you'll get a lot more "mileage". 

Cheers @NikkiJonesing, love you :-)  

Lotsa great posts here, thanks to everyone -- I'm digesting and will respond...

“Personally I think backpage/pimps/ back channel chatgroups/review board members manipulated the market to keep the wages dirt cheap.  People always say the market dictates but the market can be manipulated.  “

Hunter probably hit the nail on the head with this statement! 

On 10/28/2021 at 7:02 PM, BBT-8367 said:

Rates and practices are likely not dictated by discussion on this local board.

Cheers @BBT-8367, all very well said and appreciated :-)

For the guys that accept livelihoods are at stake (of course the preference would be $0!) I somewhat disagree with the above: when I return I will definitely take direction from board members and especially those that step up into the oft-harsh spotlight here with great ideas.

It's nice to listen to the opposing side, understand their viewpoint, and come to a reasonable middle ground. Yeah, it seems an antiquated ideal these days...

To whit, on my mind today:

@NikkiJonesing's comment about extra time offered to respectful repeat visitors, and as @sb1212 noted the somewhat objectionable nature of the QV, why not offer it to repeat clients -- if they understand the things I like in my personal time and share those tastes, why not stay extra to talk/partake? 

And offering a QV rate to those that read my website and verify upon initial contact offers something of huge value to me -- less time in "verification" and contact requests.

@Hunter VanDyke is correct, many will always complain about the lower QV rate too.  So, concurrently, I'll just stop responding to requests for it (or anything) that have approached me in a manner I deem unsuitable -- I've always tried to at least acknowledge every inquiry. It's aggravating in the extreme.

So, yeah, an old gal can learn new tricks :-) Ha ha! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Everything is going up in price. The retail business I just retired from has raised pricing significantly. I’ve had trouble accepting the donation increases by providers but this is the “new normal”. Now that I’m retired I have had to cut back on how many ladies I see in a year to only a few. I’m not addicted or feel it’s a hobby for myself personally. I don’t have a partner so TOB is a necessity in my life to meet my needs. I will cut back and don’t expect my repeat ladies to grandfather me in with lower donations. It’s not appropriate to ask them to. I will become more selective and will repeat with the ones I enjoyed most. Ive considered a qv visit to meet my needs and budget but think that might be more frustrating. I’m not even sure what happens in a qv. I’ve noticed significant increases at all dating sites. I’m in Las Vegas for a week and the donations are significantly higher here also than 18 months ago. But so is food, hotels and most everything else. I have no idea how business is for the ladies right now. I hear different things. The best to the ladies and I hope  the quality gentleman stick with TOB. I look at increased donations as my insurance policy for safety and top providers. The best to all!

7 hours ago, Skg said:

Everything is going up in price. The retail business I just retired from has raised pricing significantly. I’ve had trouble accepting the donation increases by providers but this is the “new normal”. Now that I’m retired I have had to cut back on how many ladies I see in a year to only a few. I’m not addicted or feel it’s a hobby for myself personally. I don’t have a partner so TOB is a necessity in my life to meet my needs. I will cut back and don’t expect my repeat ladies to grandfather me in with lower donations. It’s not appropriate to ask them to. I will become more selective and will repeat with the ones I enjoyed most. Ive considered a qv visit to meet my needs and budget but think that might be more frustrating. I’m not even sure what happens in a qv. I’ve noticed significant increases at all dating sites. I’m in Las Vegas for a week and the donations are significantly higher here also than 18 months ago. But so is food, hotels and most everything else. I have no idea how business is for the ladies right now. I hear different things. The best to the ladies and I hope  the quality gentleman stick with TOB. I look at increased donations as my insurance policy for safety and top providers. The best to all!

@JessicaJonesing  I appreciate your intention with your post, and if you found some new trick or new great idea from this thread or any similar thread, and it's helped your business grow, then I'm genuinely happy for you. I personally never have seen a single one.  Only a bunch clients fumbling around our business.  I'll admit, I find it highly irritating.  Your patience and graciousness, however, is quite the turn on, and should help your business on your return. Those qualities should help any providers business. Note to self...be more patient and gracious. 😂😂😂

@Skg Thank You! I appreciate your post.  A QV is basically a blow n go, and sometimes that's all you need to leave with a smile on your face. 😋 It's just not for everyone.

I'm extremely hesitant to even add a reply here.  I rarely check this site anymore but, well, this thread caught my attention as I thought I'd take a peak in here.  I learned a long time ago that clients here are not really welcome to have an opinion unless it's one that no provider could possibly object to at any level.  Our job is to pay and not ask.

Rates have gone up a great deal over the past 5 years or so.  I still suspect that the loss of Backpage as a central hub of competition has a lot to do with that alongside the overall economic situation.  The biggest hobby-wide rate hike I saw came shortly after Backpage went down.  Economically, everything has gone up but, for many of us working stiffs (especially in jobs considered "high paying"), salaries haven't.  I'm sure it'll equal out eventually but it does make for a rough patch until then.

If vetting a new client uses up a lot of time, then repeat clients getting a discount of some sort sounds pretty reasonable to me.  As a client, being a repeat visitor offers a lot of assurances against the usual fears of being scammed, robbed, arrested or just plain disappointed.  A "regulars rate" sounds mutually beneficial.

I think we have to wonder how awesome the "us agains them" attitude here really is.  Hell, here's a thread by a provider and clients can't answer the question asked without taking some heat over it.  I certainly have never felt terribly welcome here or like I have to proceed with caution and walk on eggshells.  I don't expect many to agree with that because I imagine clients who feel the same way have already left.  I'd question hostility as a good business practice but...a provider's business is none of my business.  I get it.

I like the idea from Synoches!!! (Below) I talked to a provider in Boulder. She has a smaller but consistent clientele at a fair rate. When she is slow I suppose she can reach out to them to keep busy. I had one several years ago that would reach out .

“If vetting a new client uses up a lot of time, then repeat clients getting a discount of some sort sounds pretty reasonable to me.  As a client, being a repeat visitor offers a lot of assurances against the usual fears of being scammed, robbed, arrested or just plain disappointed.  A "regulars rate" sounds mutually beneficial.”

8 hours ago, synoches said:

I'm extremely hesitant to even add a reply here.  I rarely check this site anymore but, well, this thread caught my attention as I thought I'd take a peak in here.  I learned a long time ago that clients here are not really welcome to have an opinion unless it's one that no provider could possibly object to at any level.  Our job is to pay and not ask.

Thank you for your response. I think everyone should feel welcome to provide insight into their experiences and to provide opinions in a courteous and respectful manner.  So if everyone is not feeling welcome to contribute to discussions here, maybe there is a more fundamental issue with the discourse on this forum.

I will provide some insight into my own experience.  My financial situation is ok.  Once vaccinated,  I  originally planned to have two premium experiences per month. However, I found myself not going since August. It's not due to affordability, but maybe more so due to the amount of driving (for me) and the change in the value proposition.  If I compare it to movie tickets, I can certainly afford to go to the movies if the theaters double, triple or quadruple the price of a ticket, but would just be less likely to go with that sort of price increase. If the movie in my example is just "ok" I think I would regret paying $60 for the ticket, even if it is not going to put a dent in my finances. I can try to read reviews to figure out if there is a reasonable chance that I will like the movie, but sometimes  I have different tastes than the critics and general public. So that type of increase in price would just likely make me a lot more selective about the movies I choose to go to.

With respect to luxury services, I think it's totally fine for any seller to charge whatever they want.  I am still planning to enjoy some premium experiences, but seem to be even more selective as time goes by.

Edited by BBT-8367

On 10/25/2021 at 10:06 PM, Hunter VanDyke said:

If you can't afford to pay for the luxury of companionship and everything that's included in that, then you can't afford it.  Don't complain about it. I can't afford a lot of luxury experiences. No biggie, I can't indulge.  I'm not calling and emailing businesses that offer luxury services, and complaining to them about what they cost. My rent, bills etc really don't factor into that. Honestly, I don't care what profession any of us are in, none of us should still be making wages from 20yrs ago.  That's nuts. 

This is a little off topic... i just need to say it is the providers that drove  donations down. The otherside were seeing gals with lower donations and from there it became who can out do who.  Weekend in and out providers made their money and got out. Leaving the mess for full time providers to clean up. But i agree its totally off kilter. 

1 hour ago, Ryann said:

This is a little off topic... i just need to say it is the providers that drove  donations down. The otherside were seeing gals with lower donations and from there it became who can out do who.  Weekend in and out providers made their money and got out. Leaving the mess for full time providers to clean up. But i agree its totally off kilter. 

If that's the case what do you think has changed?That providers are now able to raise their rates back up to where should be? That's really what all the stink is about.