Laci French

The Great Debate of 2020

The great debate of 2020   37 members have voted

1. 1. Who won the debate?

• Bidem
    • Trump
    • Adult beverages

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 posts in this topic

I don't know if you can say anybody won the debate.  It was like watching a multi car pile up happen in real time.  

It was like watching a train wreck full of puppies and kittens😕

A real shit show and IMO we all lost.

Decorum and facts are the first casualties of politics in America.

I knew it was going to be a disaster and decided not to watch. And that there would be enough follow up to fill me in on the ridiculousness said. I’m glad I didn’t get caught in that energy trap. My mental health is far more important. Besides, there’s absolutely no way I’m voting for trump so nothing either said was going to suddenly sway my vote in his direction. 

The American public lost and will lose again on November 3rd when we vote.  It doesn't matter who is eventually declared the winner of this election, if it is Trump or Biden, we will all still lose.  Neither one is worthy of the office of President of the United States.

Trump is a narcissistic, pathological lying, bully.  Biden is uninspiring and will move this country farther towards the left.  We are too far to the right right now and going to the extreme left is just as bad.

It is sad that these are supposedly the 2 best candidates for office or that the 2 major political parties think this is who should be our next president.

We need a president who can bring this country together and work with both parties.  A moderate!

I will be voting.  I just can't vote for either one.

Maybe if we all vote for a third party candidate, the others will get the message that they need to step up their game and find better candidates.

May we pause long enough to be realistic and truthful to ourselves? The debate was an absolute shit show.  It was intentionally made into a shit show by the flaming jackass that has made the white house a shit show for four years.  If you like the total shit show witnessed at the debate, vote for Trump.  He IS the shit show.  If you want an end to it vote his ass out - only way to accomplish that is a vote for Biden.  This time around any vote not for Biden is a vote for Trump, the shit show in chief.  Yes, we desperately need a viable third party, but reality is we don't have one and are not going to get one in the next 30 days.  But may we stop acting surprised at Trump's behavior?  That is who he always has been, is, and will be for the next 4 years if elected again.  Clear choice.

Everyone please get the third party candidate out of you mind.

It will never ever happen.

The day after the election we will be governed by a Democrat OR Republican!

Period!

Played a little drinking and strip game with a lady friend.

Each time Biden said “C’mon man”, we had to take a drink.

Every time Trump lied, we’d remove an article of clothing. 
The game was over pretty quick. Drinking still ensued, followed by other activities.

I like the idea of turning off the microphone of either candidate who speaks up during the other guy's two minutes to answer a question. That plus narrowing the camera focus to the person who legitimately has the floor.  If those tactics fail, have a trap door under each podium controlled by the moderator.....

Well it wasn't great and it wasn't a debate! 😖 Personally they should do a taped show. Each candidate should be asked a question submited by the other candidate. with the other in a sound booth. There should be a couple dozen fact checkers. If one has lied about figures or something he has done in the past, the checkers should tell the moderator. Then have the moderator call  them out on the question. It would be the only way to have a civil discussion. If the candidate  refuses to answer the others question, then they lose a question they were going to ask the other candidate. By having  the other  candidate decide which question they don't want to answer. 

Lots of good comments about "the happening"....I can't call it a debate.  More of a shouting match that included bullying, ignoring facts, misdirection and extreme contentiousness.  In this "happening" everyone lost.  Makes me sad to see how things have degraded, in so many ways.  Politicians and parties used to be able to disagree on policy, but did to not make as many personal attacks on their opponents.  And in the past, I believe, there was more of a willingness to work toward compromise.  Now, many disagreements turn into personal attacks that have little to do with policy differences.  Though politicians have always "spun" things, the amount of lies and disinformation is astounding.  To reiterate, we've all lost.

I have no dog in this fight. Armed with this information, did anyone notice Biden appear to disengage several times by looking down and perhaps listening via an earpiece?

1 hour ago, inkspot said:

I have no dog in this fight. Armed with this information, did anyone notice Biden appear to disengage several times by looking down and perhaps listening via an earpiece?

Nope, because it didn’t happen.

4 hours ago, inkspot said:

Both participants had several sheets of paper on the recessed top of their respective podium. Presumably prepared notes and talking points.  Biden occasionally did look down to jot notes and/or look at them. That is what you do when intending to debate ........ jot down things you want to respond to and look at prepared notes. Yawn.

As to earpiece ....... my guess is total bullshit. I don't doubt someone has photo shopped that and more into a version or meme.  But the full shit show is still available on line.  Go look.  I did.  Nope, nada on earpieces. 

Clearly Trump and me sipping my favorite triple distilled Irish whiskey:huh:!

3 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

Lot of people who are mad because they know trump is gonna win 🤣🤣🤣

I don’t think anyone is necessarily mad. Just sad and overall disgusted at the country and anyone willing to continuously support the antics. But fuck it. What do I know? 

3 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

I don’t think anyone is necessarily mad. Just sad and overall disgusted at the country and anyone willing to continuously support the antics. But fuck it. What do I know? 

What's sad is that the only candidate they could find is Joe Biden that's sad

10 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

Agree. Thats the best they could do? Say all you want about Trump's debate behavior - which was less than stellar. Biden looked very much like someone who brought a knife to a gunfight. Is that who you want negotiating with foreign powers and making decisions about national defense? 

On 10/4/2020 at 10:01 PM, stevie-2249 said:

And you think Trump is some triumph of a candidate?  That orange turd is a disgrace to America.

13 hours ago, havphun101 said:

And you think Trump is some triumph of a candidate?  That orange turd is a disgrace to America.

He already won and he's gonna win again so get used to it 🤣🤣🤣

19 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

He already won and he's gonna win again so get used to it 🤣🤣🤣

Nope, he's going down the drain like the turd he is.  And he wouldn't have won if the Russian's hadn't cheated for him.  He's Putin's little puppet and he's a racist...  

On 01/10/2020 at 7:42 AM, Laci French said:

Who won the debate?

No one yet, Its still continue and debate can ever be end :D

I tried to watch tonight’s debate...I couldn’t. No way at all.