Kandi Apple

Dealing with a loss of a pet

21 posts in this topic

I recently had a great loss. I feel so sad and am having a hard time moving forward. 

I have other pets that know how sad I have been. They have been extra loving to me. When I cry they have been trying to comfort me.

The loss was very sudden and unexpected. 

My youngest dog whom was only a year old jumped in to my car and wanted to go bye bye.

I did not know she was in there and closed my back hatch and went in the house.

My baby passed away from the heat in my car.

I am so broken inside 💔  I feel like a terrible pet mom. I loved her so much! 

OMG, I'm so sorry. I have a dog that is my main S.O. We all make mistakes. Just last week I had taken her for a hike and stopped for a local restaurant for a patio breakfast. Looped her leash around the leg of the chain. When I left I was thinking about something else and left her. Got home, no dog, realized what and sped back to the restaurant thinking I was going to see her in the street. Fortunately, I  am a regular and known there so they kept an eye on her and she was there, leash still looped around the chair waiting for me. Again, sorry for your loss but nobody's perfect. Take care.

Kandi, I understand and empathize with your feelings. Dogs give unconditional love and affection. The loss can be devastating. Take the time to grieve. 

Kandi, I'm sorry for you loss. They are a important part of the family

I am sorry for your loss.  Pets are like family members in my family.  Its always tough to lose one, especially this way.

Grieve the way you need to.  If you need to talk, i'm sure there are many people on here that will give you a shoulder to lean on and listen you.  Please reach out to whoever you feel comfortable with talking to.

That is very sad. I’m sorry for your loss. Best thing you can do is to try and do what may seem impossible at first and that is to stop blaming yourself. It was an accident. Funny thing about time. It does two things to us. It constantly fucks us over, but it’s also the only thing capable of healing certain wounds. Take care. Hang in there.

I remember when my fur baby (my primary SO) didn’t come home from routine dental work.  I was devastated!
The grief does eventually pass.

4 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

I recently had a great loss. I feel so sad and am having a hard time moving forward. 

I have other pets that know how sad I have been. They have been extra loving to me. When I cry they have been trying to comfort me.

My youngest dog whom was only a year old jumped in to my car and wanted to go bye bye.

Kandi don’t beat yourself up.

This was an accident.

There was no ill will.

Remember,

it was an accident. 

Oh Kandi. Your sweet boy. My heart is breaking for you. I know you're a good pet owner.  It's so easy to get distracted by everything going on all at once, epecially with a large hyper puppy.  I'm so very sorry. I can't imagine your pain right now.  Sending you love Kandi

45 minutes ago, Seeker5280 said:

Kandi don’t beat yourself up.

This was an accident.

There was no ill will.

Remember,

it was an accident. 

I am trying not to blame myself. It was a accident.

I was so preoccupied that I did not notice until it was to late.

I am in shock.

The whole thing keeps replaying in my mind. 

I need to slow down. I'm always on the go non-stop. 

Oh Kandi. I am so, so sorry for your loss. I can barely type this with tears streaming down my face. Dogs are the best part of this life and my pups mean more to me than anything in the worldso I can only imagine your how much it hurts right now.

There have been a half dozen times when I suddenly realize that one of my babies is missing, only to find them locked in the garage after doing the same thing your little boy did -  just wanted to be with mommy or daddy, so it is understandable how this could happen. Please don't beat yourself up over this accident. Take all that grief and channel it into extra love for your other four-legged kids. They hate to see us sad.

I will keep you in my thoughts and send you my biggest comforting hug. Take care.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, he will always have a special place in your heart. Focus on the good times.  Hugs. 

Oh no, I am so sorry Kandi. They’re like family, so it can be so hard.🙏😢

I'm so sorry and know you must feel devastated.  Take care of yourself and time will help heal.🙏❤

On 7/8/2020 at 1:32 PM, Kandi Apple said:

Hey Kandi Its sad I feel sorry for your dog, pet Is also like a child i can understand this better don't worry everything will be ok with time.

Kandi, I don't have the words to take your pain away.

I know that pain. Our small dog took a turn for the worse and they could not find out what was wrong with her. We had to say good bye to her. Because of the virus we where suppose to drop her off at the curb in front of the vet and they would take her inside for the last time.. The vet broke the rules and allowed us to be with her in her final moments. It is a lose that can't be replaced, you can get other pets that you will love but there will always be a hole in your heart and no words I have will make that heal.. I am sorry.. I truly wish I had the words.. I just believe that you will be together again one day.

Stay strong.

3 hours ago, scarecrow said:

Kandi, I don't have the words to take your pain away.

I know that pain. Our small dog took a turn for the worse and they could not find out what was wrong with her. We had to say good bye to her. Because of the virus we where suppose to drop her off at the curb in front of the vet and they would take her inside for the last time.. The vet broke the rules and allowed us to be with her in her final moments. It is a lose that can't be replaced, you can get other pets that you will love but there will always be a hole in your heart and no words I have will make that heal.. I am sorry.. I truly wish I had the words.. I just believe that you will be together again one day.

Stay strong.

Scarecrow, I am sorry for your loss also.

It is a hard thing to have to go through, the feeling of unbearable weight pulling on the heart strings.

Staying strong is the best way to start the healing process. It is important that we find a way to move on. 

Unfortunately that is easier said than done. 

I am struggling with forgiving myself because I don't know how I did not notice that my dog jumped in the car. Excepting the fact that it was a accident isn't easy.

Your right about knowing that I will be together with her and all my other pets that have moved on one day. 

Thank you to everyone for your kind words.

It truly means a lot to me.

It isn't your fault. I took on the chore of watching someone's dog for months.  Like you  I left the drivers  door open, while I was working on the car. I had taken  her off the leash. The dog was right there the minute before. It had a bad habbit of chasing small animals and deer.  I looked all around the house. Then back in the fields, woods & drove my truck around the area. It was winter and getting dark. As I pulled in I saw something in the passenger seat of the car. The dog had jumped in and was waiting patiently 4 hrs for me to take her on a ride. I walked by the car a number of times but never looked in. . They are like kids. That is why they are called furbabies. I was lucky but after half a year I had to give her back. So I know your loss.

I am sorry for your loss. Being overwhelmed is not excuse to have a puppy die of heat and dehydration. I understand you may be overwhelmed, I can help where needed.