sparkey600

Other Hobbies?

24 posts in this topic

I for one was wondering what other hobbies the good people her enjoy outside of "The Hobby"

Me? Oh, I have a lot! HA!

I recently fractured my ankle for those who don't know and those of you that do know, don't judge me based on recent events!

I love riding Harley's, so much fun my wife has one of her own as well.....Wood working, scuba diving (I'm a PADI Dive Master in my spare time) I have several drones and remote control helicopters  that are all fun to fly, I really suck ass at flying them but strive to be better! I love having a big back yard and making sure all of the roses and plants are healthy and happy (this is a whole job unto itself!) I have several reef tanks (Melissa can vouch! lol) that are my babies. And another really very cool heavily planted 75 gallon tank that seems to be producing so many fish that I have to give the fry away to the local aquarium shops. I love making my home better, remodeling things that have to be remade, taking care of things that have to be painted or made fresh again. I love taking the "hound" for walks (ankle problems recently so not much killing me really, depressing.) He is such a good boy, the folks at Home Depot in our area love him. He ALWAYS gets a hot dog from the stand.  

I have to stay off my feet for 6 to 8 weeks. Hard thing to do for a person like me, hence the post! Hoping all of you are doing well and happy!

Anything in the outdoors I love!  

What are your loves?

You've got some great interests and hobbies.  Mine pale by comparison.  I love to cook, read junk fiction, play music and spend time with good friends.  And I still love to camp and spend time in the great outdoors.

Hope your recovery is going well and you don't go too nuts from having to be somewhat less active.  Take care !!

Heh, I need a good drone driver for one of my hobbies, need to run a wire antenna line along the top of a row of trees, and need to do a 90 degree angle.  And leaving in a little while to hit the shootin' range just like about every other Sunday morning.  

1 hour ago, average1 said:

You've got some great interests and hobbies.  Mine pale by comparison.  I love to cook, read junk fiction, play music and spend time with good friends.  And I still love to camp and spend time in the great outdoors.

Hope your recovery is going well and you don't go too nuts from having to be somewhat less active.  Take care !!

I'm with you on cooking, junk fiction and hanging out with friends, and would ad the occasional trip to the golf course and gun range. 

I’m more into cars! I got 3 Mustang’s that are starting to eat at my wallet and at my other “hobby”! Oh and I love shooting! Got some rifles that I have had for years that I have never fired! 

Edited by Stang03

Dog rescues. Takes up almost all of my free time but very rewarding. 

I'm a musician, with a bunch of friends who are musicians. That's where most extra time and money goes. :eek:

Denver Broncos(season ticket holder), Walking, International travel(Israel next year), Staying sober

I'm with you Sparky.  Lots of hobbies as well,.  I do a lot of woodworking from lathe work to building furniture.  I am also a scuba diver, NAUI certified recently in the Cayman Islands and also Mexico.  I enjoy hiking in the mountains and my dogs love it too.  Lot of volunteer work from hospice to Habitat for Humanity.  Had a Triumph 650 (but had to sell it). When I had my first child and came home one time with road rash the late wife was standing there with the babe in her arms and her hand out telling me to give her the keys because it was not about me anymore.  I did.  Now that they are gone I wish I had the bike back.  Thought about getting another , an old Indian I know about is for sale  and with a side car so my dog could ride as well. 

14 hours ago, contrails said:

Dog rescues. Takes up almost all of my free time but very rewarding. 

contrails just moved to the top of respected list.

The more people I meet the more I love my dogs.

Dogs make me happy. Humans, not so much.

On 6/23/2019 at 0:41 PM, Stang03 said:

I’m more into cars! I got 3 Mustang’s that are starting to eat at my wallet and at my other “hobby”! Oh and I love shooting! Got some rifles that I have had for years that I have never fired! 

Doesn't get much better than this. ;)

27 minutes ago, tide32 said:

Doesn't get much better than this. ;)

Wow! That is awesome! 

Wow a lot of great hobbies going on out there.  My biggest is competitive tennis.  A little golf.  Scuba diving(working on the rescue diver cert.).  Working on getting into obstacle course running.  And work fills up most of my time right now.  

Haven't had the time in awhile, but passion/s are golf, golf and golf!  Also, any type of sports including weekend football warriors, basketball, racquetball etc.  Hanging with family and friends also rates high!

On 6/23/2019 at 1:14 AM, sparkey600 said:

I for one was wondering what other hobbies the good people her enjoy outside of "The Hobby"

Me? Oh, I have a lot! HA!

I recently fractured my ankle for those who don't know and those of you that do know, don't judge me based on recent events!

I love riding Harley's, so much fun my wife has one of her own as well.....Wood working, scuba diving (I'm a PADI Dive Master in my spare time) I have several drones and remote control helicopters  that are all fun to fly, I really suck ass at flying them but strive to be better! I love having a big back yard and making sure all of the roses and plants are healthy and happy (this is a whole job unto itself!) I have several reef tanks (Melissa can vouch! lol) that are my babies. And another really very cool heavily planted 75 gallon tank that seems to be producing so many fish that I have to give the fry away to the local aquarium shops. I love making my home better, remodeling things that have to be remade, taking care of things that have to be painted or made fresh again. I love taking the "hound" for walks (ankle problems recently so not much killing me really, depressing.) He is such a good boy, the folks at Home Depot in our area love him. He ALWAYS gets a hot dog from the stand.  

I have to stay off my feet for 6 to 8 weeks. Hard thing to do for a person like me, hence the post! Hoping all of you are doing well and happy!

Anything in the outdoors I love!  

What are your loves?

I have always been fascinated by Drones Sparky I think they are cool and to be able to take aerial pictures and videos of your neighborhood or of something you like would be really fun! I am not much for motorcycles, (nothing personal) they just scare me, Sorry about having to be off your feet for a few weeks. Trust me in saying the time will go fast for you! Wordscape on your phone can be adictive (in a good way). 

--Something we have in common is gardening! Gardening is something I love and I planted a bed this last spring (20 huge bags of soil) with a variety of all sorts of flowers growing. I also planted two trees a Maple and a Willow. in my front little yard of mine. I had to cover my plants when we had colder days in May. I am happy to say to that, for the most part, they all survived and are really all growing well. - Agree with you on plants being a fulltime job. I do many things to keep my mind going and growing too. Meditation, Power walking, working on Self Empowerment course. I also enjoy talking and being with my friends with social gatherings and family times. Concerts, Theatrical productions, you name it! Summertime is my favorite time of the year. I love being outdoors and we have the greatest weather with no bugs here in our state! What more could anyone want?! Hoping the 4th of July is not a wet one! :wub:

I have a few hobbies as well.

Another Mustang Guy here, I have a 1965 289 Coupe that is pretty nice and 2015 50th anniversary Mustang with the Ford Performance Pack.  I really like them both, but frankly I like the newer one the best.

Also into Jeeping - Overlanding type. 

Motorcycling - just short day trips and such.

Photography - In my past I was a professional doing primarily commercial work.  I am thinking it might be fun to photograph some of the ladies here but never really pursued that.

Previously a lot of woodworking, now primarily home improvement, I like to do things to a very top level when I can.

Reading, making music in my home studio (or procrastinating when I should be doing that), and photography. Or maybe binge-watching various shows on Amazon Prime and Netflix. That often distracts me from my other hobbies.  lol

On 6/23/2019 at 8:30 AM, average1 said:

Great Interests! I for one wish I was a better cook, not so good in this area! Your hobbies are GREAT! IN my book! Good for you! I've tried to play music..I'm not a very good guitar player. So I appreciate the people that can actually play. Unlike me! HAHAHA

Thank you for wishing me a good recovery, you are a friend indeed!

On 6/23/2019 at 10:20 PM, coolhand luke said:

I'm with you Sparky.  Lots of hobbies as well,.  I do a lot of woodworking from lathe work to building furniture.  I am also a scuba diver, NAUI certified recently in the Cayman Islands and also Mexico.  I enjoy hiking in the mountains and my dogs love it too.  Lot of volunteer work from hospice to Habitat for Humanity.  Had a Triumph 650 (but had to sell it). When I had my first child and came home one time with road rash the late wife was standing there with the babe in her arms and her hand out telling me to give her the keys because it was not about me anymore.  I did.  Now that they are gone I wish I had the bike back.  Thought about getting another , an old Indian I know about is for sale  and with a side car so my dog could ride as well. 

I've been thinking about getting a side car for our beloved Mastiff..He is so much a part of my and my wife's lifes..

My ride: 2012 Harley Custom.. My hound would LOVE to go with me for rides, I have no doubt!

Luke, I'm so sorry for your loss of your wife and child. Of I'm miss interpreting things for all sakes, PLEASE feel comfortable to send me a PM, OK?

For years I used to make wine . I would have juice shipped from California.  It came out pretty good but I gave most of it away. Now I garden. It eats up most of my free time but the results are beautiful.

On 6/23/2019 at 9:33 AM, Mustang87 said:

I'm with you on cooking, junk fiction and hanging out with friends, and would ad the occasional trip to the golf course and gun range. 

Love the gun range!

On 6/23/2019 at 10:20 PM, coolhand luke said:

Scuba diving is one of my passions.

Love it. PADI Divemaster.

Luke, I do not have to tell you this, you are a very good man...