Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turtle138

I am a Snob

27 posts in this topic

Yup, I said it!

Bought lunch at Whole Foods.

Wow talking about over priced and inflated attitudes. 

Sorry if l offended any one.

Here they call it Whole Paycheck for the reasons you mentioned above. Just like some of these $1500-2000 hr girls.  When you get down to it , you could go somewhere else and get pretty much the same thing for a way better price.

1 hour ago, Alex Majors said:

When you get down to it , you could go somewhere else and get pretty much the same thing for a way better price.

Sprouts 

5 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Sprouts 

Depends on what you’re looking for because Sprouts can be more expensive in some areas and the overall selection isn’t nearly as vast. At least not in Boulder.  

To me they’re all expensive when I think about growing up shopping at Kroger or Piggly Wiggly and then later Walmart Supercenters. But it is what it is. 

I’m not saying you’re doing this but really just let people be. Shop where you want to shop. Visit ladies you want to visit. No need to shit on others that enjoy it, can afford it, or simply want to live their best life. I guess I don’t understand the constant need to put others down. 

2 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

Here they call it Whole Paycheck for the reasons you mentioned above. Just like some of these $1500-2000 hr girls.  When you get down to it , you could go somewhere else and get pretty much the same thing for a way better price.

Everywhere they call it “whole paycheck.”

8 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Sprouts 

Yep....Sprouts has some good deals and quality products.  Luckily, I live within walking distance of one.

Never stepped foot into a Whole Foods or a Sprouts in my life, so I can't add much to the convo.  King Soopers for me.

I'll take Sprouts over WF any day , I shop Sprouts from time to time .. 

Sprouts has good quality meat and fruits & vegetables at reasonable prices. I don't shop the canned/bottled stuff Kings for that. Two stop shopping for me. Al ways check the ads. Mp

Vitamin Cottage has better food and better prices than with WF or Sprouts. Nice people too.

On 6/23/2019 at 1:20 PM, lustybustygina said:

I'll take Sprouts over WF any day , I shop Sprouts from time to time .. 

I used to shop at Sprouts for produce and meat all the time until I got tired of the piss poor quality of the produce.  Whole Paycheck, too damned expensive.  So its either King Soopers or Safeway.  I know a lot fo people shop at WalMart, but I have just can''t get over a self imposed stigma of WalMart being inferior quality in food.  And I know that is stupid.  But it's me.

Costco is actually pretty good especially their meat. 

Costco and Sam's Club have good quality meats. Fruit and vegetables aren't from multiple vendors. So your selection is limited and you are buying a large amount.

I shop Costco a fair amount, but avoid perishables.  Being single I often throw too much away because it spoiled before I finish the container.  This eliminates the cost savings.

On 6/22/2019 at 11:45 PM, JoDoe27 said:

Depends on what you’re looking for because Sprouts can be more expensive in some areas and the overall selection isn’t nearly as vast. At least not in Boulder.  

To me they’re all expensive when I think about growing up shopping at Kroger or Piggly Wiggly and then later Walmart Supercenters. But it is what it is. 

I’m not saying you’re doing this but really just let people be. Shop where you want to shop. Visit ladies you want to visit. No need to shit on others that enjoy it, can afford it, or simply want to live their best life. I guess I don’t understand the constant need to put others down. 

I like the fact that it is a scaled down Whole Foods store (less of a selection) I can run in before I go to my office and get what I need easily without a hassle for the most part. Cheese and meat are pretty reasonable. Grass fed is always going to be a bit more pricy but well worth the effort to purchase. Grass Fed is healthier to consume, as well as tastier, and humane. 

19 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I like the fact that it is a scaled down Whole Foods store (less of a selection) I can run in before I go to my office and get what I need easily without a hassle for the most part. Cheese and meat are pretty reasonable. Grass fed is always going to be a bit more pricy but well worth the effort to purchase. Grass Fed is healthier to consume, as well as tastier, and humane. 

I can never quickly find what I need in the one here, and even if I get lucky the lines at the checkout are always insanely long with what appears to generally be 2 cashiers working. I really want to give Sprouts a better shake because of the location convenience but I find myself getting more annoyed with them each visit. 

Either way, shop where it makes the most sense to you! :)

Sorry but l just dont get the humane part.

On the end the cow or chicken still die.

5 hours ago, Turtle138 said:

Sorry but l just dont get the humane part.

On the end the cow or chicken still die.

Well...would you prefer to live like picture 1, or picture 2, before you die? :confused:

6549397365_593eb5b6d2_o-940x626.jpgup-mb62f05eiiedn676.jpg  

Whole Foods and Trader Joes are both very close to me in my neighborhood. But I go to neither. There is no god damn parking at either store!!! God bless my ex who use to go shopping for us. As I didn't want to deal with the chaos of parking. And more so avoid the repulsive elitism at the Cherry Creek Whole Foods. 

What be this Sprouts of which ye speak?  Trader Joe, Whole Fools, .......... nope, here in the hinterlands we are fortunate to have a City Market (King Kroger for the boonies).  But for the next three months or so some killer farmers' markets and buying half a beef and half a pig from the ranchers/processor to fill the freezer is a fine option.  Location, location. ;)

Actually Trader Joes is great. They have scaled down portions. So if you are by yourself, you can have a nice meal, without eating it for days.

As for  grass fed or feed  lot.  Most cattle come from  farm pastures/ranches. They give them a little time in a feed lot, to fatten them up.  It adds  more fat to the beef for flavor.   Veal calves are  always kept penned up. They are the only ones I  know like pic #1.