jaydavis

Am I paranoid or just stupd?

32 posts in this topic

I promise this is the last time I bring this topic up, but I backed out last second on an appt cause I felt nervous. To start, she has been reviewed a couple times on TOB. Both very recent. So I'd guess that she should be legit, I think. We were to meet at Mulberry & I25, which seems to be the bust capitol of Fort Collins.

But what put me off was 3 things:

1) She asked me for a picture of myself.

2) She asked what vehicle I drove, and that I should park in front of her room.

3) There was one guy sitting outside next to her room, and another guy who looked to be a janitor taking trash. Both men were staring me down (probably cause I was staring them down).

So have you guys been asked these questions before? Was it reasonable that I got paranoid and jumped ship? Or was I just being stupid paranoid?

I spoke to her on the phone and she was pretty pissed that I wouldn't send a pic, or tell her what car I drove. So I figured it wouldn't have been a great session anyway, since she was already mad at me. Kind of a turn off.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts! Happy 4th!

My rule in business is if you're not paranoid you're stooped. You need to be comfortable too, safety 1st however you choose it...applies.

I've been asked what kind of vehicle I drove, and sent to a specific parking space. I''ve never been asked to send a pic, and I wouldn't.

Overall, #1 is unreasonable to me, #2 is a maybe, #3 happens regardless of who, or where, the provider is. It's just bad luck.

If she had reviews from "trusted reviewers", she's probably not LE.

I probably would have said "no, thanks" the first time she asked for a picture. If she did that after you arrived, for a scheduled appointment, I think the fault is hers. Surprise screening is not acceptable to me.

If you agreed to the conditions when scheduling, and then changed your mind, the fault is on you.

I have been asked for these, and have passed immediately.  There are plenty of other options.  We all know of "trusted" providers who have turned on their clients and made their lives miserable.  You wouln't want your picture appearing on her website with the caption: "Happy Client."  Some have even turned on other ladies who have lost their children as a result.  My safety is at least as important as any lady's.  Anonymity goes a long way in this pursuit, and for me this is non-negotiable.

Anytime you feel your hoe-dar  flaring up -pay attention.  Better to be safe- then sorry. There are plenty of us ladies who are legit and its easy to research us.

I think you did the right thing.

27 minutes ago, Paul Pudenda said:

I have been asked for these, and have passed immediately.  There are plenty of other options.  We all know of "trusted" providers who have turned on their clients and made their lives miserable.  You wouln't want your picture appearing on her website with the caption: "Happy Client."  Some have even turned on other ladies who have lost their children as a result.  My safety is at least as important as any lady's.  Anonymity goes a long way in this pursuit, and for me this is non-negotiable.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^

see guys need to trust their guts also! While safety is important for both people, respect for privacy also important.  

3 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

My rule in business is if you're not paranoid you're stooped. You need to be comfortable too, safety 1st however you choose it...applies.

^What He said^

Use your 7th sense and if you EVER get a weird feeling, listen to it. Go with your gut.....That's my rule of thumb when all else fails. But, be discreet about it (if that's possible)

You're never paranoid if they're out to get you.  Therefore, you are neither paranoid nor stupid.

Right on! Thanks for the love all! It feels good to know I am not going too insane! 

It was definitely a last second screening, while I was in the parking lot. Which caught me off guard.

Out of curiosity, what is the point for the provider asking what car I drove? 

Thanks again for the reassurance!

6 hours ago, jaydavis said:

Out of curiosity, what is the point for the provider asking what car I drive  

• So they can watch you get out of the  car & bolt the door if they don't like what they see. 
  • A check on your income level. 

17 hours ago, jaydavis said:

3) There was one guy sitting outside next to her room, and another guy who looked to be a janitor taking trash. Both men were staring me down (probably cause I was staring them down).

I spoke to her on the phone and she was pretty pissed that I wouldn't send a pic, or tell her what car I drove.

If you didn't send her a picture or tell her what car you drove, how'd you get her address?

Back to the OP: I don't think you are paranoid or stupid.  Those two questions would be quite typical of a LEO sting operation, obtaining additional evidence in the event that you clam up in the room (as you should).

I hope BitBanger is wrong about using a vehicle as an income check:  I do well enough to visit the ladies 5-6 times a month, and usually tip well, but drive a 14-year old Jeep.  Cars just aren't important to me, ladies are.

36 minutes ago, Badboy said:

... I hope BitBanger is wrong about using a vehicle as an income check:  I do well enough to visit the ladies 5-6 times a month, and usually tip well, but drive a 14-year old Jeep.  Cars just aren't important to me, ladies are.

Oh, I agree with you, "Cars just aren't important to me,..." I drive a 9yo pickup that never gets washed, even after driving muddy dirt roads.  Use it to haul my winter home around the country.  But if you're driving something that should have Classic plates which has NOT been restored?

33 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Oh, I agree with you, "Cars just aren't important to me,..." I drive a 1970 pickup that never gets washed, even after driving muddy dirt roads.  Use it to haul my winter home around the country.  But if you're driving something that should have Classic plates which has NOT been restored?

2156ab3f415908964d31eaf47284203d.jpg

2 hours ago, Kaduk said:

2156ab3f415908964d31eaf47284203d.jpg

Ya know, those YL just might be the right age for playmates.  I wonder if they still look as hot ;)

8 hours ago, Bit Banger said:
  • So they can watch you get out of the  car & bolt the door if they don't like what they see. 
  • A check on your income level. 

Other more specific reasons:

• To make sure you are not (pick one or more: ex husband/boyfriend,  known stalker, ex pimp, recognizable felon from NLB)
  • Make sure there is only one of you - less likely there to rob and rape.
  • Make sure you match the description from your references and are not just a substitute douche or identity thief.
  • Make sure  your car does not have red and blue lights or government plates

And many, many more - therefore I really have no problem with this type of request IF you are reasonably sure she is legit (done your research, reviewed, etc.)  But the send her a face pic, nope, not happening,

Hmm. Sounds like my experience on Mulberry a few weeks ago.  I also walked.

6 hours ago, Happymon said:

If you didn't send her a picture or tell her what car you drove, how'd you get her address?

Must you try to apply logic to tales told on TOB?  Most annoying habit!

<sarcasm off, concurrence on>

23 hours ago, jaydavis said:

I promise this is the last time I bring this topic up, but I backed out last second on an appt cause I felt nervous. To start, she has been reviewed a couple times on TOB. Both very recent. So I'd guess that she should be legit, I think. We were to meet at Mulberry & I25, which seems to be the bust capitol of Fort Collins.

1) She asked me for a picture of myself.

So have you guys been asked these questions before? Was it reasonable that I got paranoid and jumped ship? Or was I just being stupid paranoid?

I spoke to her on the phone and she was pretty pissed that I wouldn't send a pic, or tell her what car I drove. So I figured it wouldn't have been a great session anyway, since she was already mad at me. Kind of a turn off.

I have been asked for pics, actually photo ID!!. Declined. I have been asked the vehicle make, so she could watch for me and guide me in to a parking spot .

A lot of times there are guys, maids, random people around. Act like you own the place. Text the waiting lady that you are right near the door.

One time in the Fort, I was going to meet a lady. A sheriffs car was parked right in front!!! So I freaked! left the parking lot and went around back to an adjoining business parking lot. Said sheriffs car pulled into back of the motel and met a guy at his trailer. I went and had  a great visit.

That being said, trust your instincts. Call the lady and tell her you ar uncomfortable and split!

23 hours ago, jaydavis said:

I promise this is the last time I bring this topic up, but I backed out last second on an appt cause I felt nervous. To start, she has been reviewed a couple times on TOB. Both very recent. So I'd guess that she should be legit, I think. We were to meet at Mulberry & I25, which seems to be the bust capitol of Fort Collins. Based upon what exactly??  Where does one find ladies to bust?  Hotels.  Where are there a lot of hotels near FC?  Does not mean the location is inherently bad.  Where do you find fish?  In the water. But if it bothers you don't go there to begin with.

1) She asked me for a picture of myself. This would be a no go!!

3) There was one guy sitting outside next to her room,the only room in the area??  and another guy who looked to be a janitor taking trash. Even dives have room service Both men were staring me down (probably cause I was staring them down).

I spoke to her on the phone and she was pretty pissed that I wouldn't send a pic,Or that you were bailing on her last minute apparently AFTER being told her exact location down to the room number - I am pretty sure every lady here would vapor lock over that - understandably or tell her what car I drove. So I figured it wouldn't have been a great session anyway, since she was already mad at me. Kind of a turn off.

To the question "Am I paranoid or just stupd (sic)?"  Why is it an either or question?  :cool: But seriously, if you feel like you are walking into something bad you should indeed bail.  The problem is you seem to have a low threshold for paranoia. If she had reviews (plural) by recognized reviewer/poster it is HIGHLY unlikely that she is LE and stings only happen when either the John or the Provider are LE or working with LE.

I could care less what my clients' drive. In fact, I had an ex that had an expensive car that was pristine inside/out, but lived with his parents, and was broke. His favorite thing to do was take me out, by a combo meal, and want to share it. We didn't date long. LOL! Yeah, I knew how to pick them back in the day. So basically, what a guy drives is in no way an indication of how wealthy a guy is. Some girls thinking about men amaze me...

Yeah, I would have got the heck out of there too...sounds fishy!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

The car thing always makes me wonder if someone will be in my car while I'm in the room. And I'm not going to send a picture. I won't shit talk her for asking, I'll just say no. If it doesn't work out, that's fine. 

So how are we supposed to feel When we are asked to send a picture? And they are plastered EVERYWHERE!

On July 5, 2016 at 2:29 PM, SabrinaLynn said:

So how are we supposed to feel When we are asked to send a picture? And they are plastered EVERYWHERE!

I think it is legit for a provider to decline sending a photo, especially one showing her face. Make a decision based on her ad or website. How difficult is that?

13 hours ago, Yogi said:

I think it is legit for a provider to decline sending a photo, especially one showing her face. Make a decision based on her ad or website. How difficult is that?

Exactly

On 7/3/2016 at 3:12 PM, Buddy Glass said:

The car thing always makes me wonder if someone will be in my car while I'm in the room. And I'm not going to send a picture. I won't shit talk her for asking, I'll just say no. If it doesn't work out, that's fine. 

^^This^^

Dick pics are exempted from this rule however. I'm yet to get a request for one though...hmmm.

4 hours ago, MrBigShot said:

^^This^^

Dick pics are exempted from this rule however. I'm yet to get a request for one though...hmmm.

I actually did get a request from a young lady (late teens I think) last year who, when she found out I was in my early 60's, wanted to know if "it" was old and wrinkly. When I told her no she asked if I would send a pic. I politely declined. 

2 minutes ago, Gentlejeff1 said:

I actually did get a request from a young lady (late teens I think) last year who, when she found out I was in my early 60's, wanted to know if "it" was old and wrinkly. When I told her no she asked if I would send a pic. I politely declined. 

LMAO!!

1 minute ago, MrBigShot said:

LMAO!!

I almost sent her a pic of a 12" big AA dick but thought I might scare the hell out of her.