Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Miss.Scarlet

cancellation fee? what do you think?

34 posts in this topic

So awhile back, I was talking with a client who told be about a provider whom he had wanted to see but something important came up last minute. He was super apologetic (or so he told me)

(keep in mind, it was an hour appointment, not a multi hour or overnight)

she promptly became rude and demanded he pay a 'cancellation' fee.

what is your guys thoughts on a cancellation fee?

I personally have never charged one and feel that cancellations are part of the risk of doing business.

would you pay said fee? or just ignore it?

I'd laugh and call the next girl.

I agree to an extent, if I set up a multiple hour appt. and then had to cancel I wouldn't be completely miffed If I was asked for a cancellation fee. I am having a greater potential financial impact on the lady in that case. I wouldn't expect a rude response If i had to cancel as things in life do happen. Any form of rudeness is code for I don't take my business important enough and don't realize that if word gets out I am a difficult provider my business drops.

Ok as soon as I get done with my other important thing ill be right over and pay you the fee, yea right! Only way you have a chance to get it is if he reschedules and agrees to pay it.

Fair is fair .... If the clients are required to pay a fee for cancellation, the client should be paid for a no show are a last minute provider cancellation. but how do you collect it??????

Speaking in a purely business sense...sure...if she can get it, get it. I understand that time is money, and she could have turned away other business to hold this time frame open.

Speaking more from personal experience...I've had two no shows, cancellations, or re-schedules for every actual appointment I've had, and that's the type of business this is. Things come up...but statistically, no other business is as forgiving at this one.

So awhile back, I was talking with a client who told be about a provider whom he had wanted to see but something important came up last minute. He was super apologetic (or so he told me)

(keep in mind, it was an hour appointment, not a multi hour or overnight)

she promptly became rude and demanded he pay a 'cancellation' fee.

what is your guys thoughts on a cancellation fee?

I personally have never charged one and feel that cancellations are part of the risk of doing business.

and i love you scarlet!

i have had two. the first one was in another galaxie a long time ago. no pictures were posted on her part. i was trusting her interpretation of her own personal description of herself. well when i showed up not so much! i told her i was bailing because i didn't think we were a good match, she then had hell fire in her! she said two things not so calmly to me. first, she told me she didn't welcome other appointments based on our get together. secondly, she said her brother was next door and she didn't want to start screaming, WTF! so she was able to squeeze two crisp jacksons from me. lesson learned!

the second was totally understandable. i don't mean to seem crude, but sometimes pictures don't tell the whole story. angles can be used to a persons benefit. ever been on a facebook date? so when she showed up i told her i didn't want to go through the appointment. i offered her a donation based on her time and traveling expense to come see me.

i've also felt obligated to give a lady a gift card when cancelling on a long term date when traveling out of state. something with business came up unexpectedly and i was able to give her a 12 hour notice, but it was totally necessary.......

Fair is fair .... If the clients are required to pay a fee for cancellation, the client should be paid for a no show are a last minute provider cancellation. but how do you collect it??????

I agree, I would pay her the exact same amount she would pay me if she was a no show or had to cancel.

Ding, ding, ding! Re: part of business. Double edge sword. The providers that need so much reference checking that a guy has to schedule days in advance, it's a risk the schedule will change. However, a guy scheduling last minute with no certainty can make it...

For me, I would not pay the fee. If I canceled, I'm probably ill, so, don't want to infect others, or someone died. In case of illness, it's common courtesy. Otherwise, I book when I know for sure I can make it.

The one time I've been asked for a cancellation fee my response was, "You've got to be kidding?"

The day before I had scheduled a 1pm appointment in Ft Collins, about an hour's drive for both of us. On the appointed day I called at 1pm and she said, "Let's move it to 3pm." OK. At 3pm I called and she said, "Let's move it to 6pm w/dinner." OK. At 7pm I called (no word from her) and said, "Let's just forget about the whole thing." She wanted me to pay her a cancellation fee. Instead she got a 'no show' review.

Yeah, I know - I allowed her to reschedule not once, but twice. We had fun on our previous visit and I could shuffle my errands, so no big deal.

As others have said, it's a two-way street and cancellations are a cost of doing business. A cancellation, even at the last minute, is quite different from an NCNS. The key difference is about communications.

I agree, I would pay her the exact same amount she would pay me if she was a no show or had to cancel.

I did have ONE no call no show myself.:( My [snip] ended up in the hospital), and I totally neglected to inform my pre-booked client. I felt horrible, as this is my own PET PEEVE. I offered the client a 1/2 price appointment in lieu of my error. He took me up on it, and I honored it. Fair is fair, and good business practice.;)

Edited by boink36
Forbidden topic removed.

Over the years I have had to cancel a few appointments at the last minute. If I am canceling the same day as the appointment is scheduled, I always offer to pay a fee. Not one single time has a provider accepted my offer. In fact most of the time they have graciously offered to reschedule at a better time and we had a great time at a later date.

and i love you scarlet!

i have had two. the first one was in another galaxie a long time ago. no pictures were posted on her part. i was trusting her interpretation of her own personal description of herself. well when i showed up not so much! i told her i was bailing because i didn't think we were a good match, she then had hell fire in her! she said two things not so calmly to me. first, she told me she didn't welcome other appointments based on our get together. secondly, she said her brother was next door and she didn't want to start screaming, WTF! so she was able to squeeze two crisp jacksons from me. lesson learned!

the second was totally understandable. i don't mean to seem crude, but sometimes pictures don't tell the whole story. angles can be used to a persons benefit. ever been on a facebook date? so when she showed up i told her i didn't want to go through the appointment. i offered her a donation based on her time and traveling expense to come see me.

i've also felt obligated to give a lady a gift card when cancelling on a long term date when traveling out of state. something with business came up unexpectedly and i was able to give her a 12 hour notice, but it was totally necessary.......

Showing up and not liking what you see to me is actually grounds for a little cancellation fee. You took the written description and her word it was your bad for not asking for an actual picture.

I think that if a guy gets all the way to an incall and in the door and decides against a cancellation fee would be good. If it is has gone that far then there was the time to get ready or travel depending on the situation and you are aware of her incall. If you have set foot inside the incall then I think that clock starts ticking.

There is nothing creepier than a guy that gets all the way there and decides he wants to leave. I will always ask for a cancellation fee if that happens (which is only twice in three years) not so much for the money but to discourage them from trying it in the future.

On the client side, this is why I almost exclusively stick to a 'same day appointment' policy and mostly to a 'how about an hour from now' sub-clause. When I'm ready and if she says yes, she's ready, then there's a lot less chance of cancellation on either side. I don't mind a couple of hours in advance, but the farther out you schedule, even same day, the better chance something will go amiss.

I agree with Luce on her cancellation policy to an extent. If a guy shows up, looks you up and down and then says, 'gee, I thought you'd be taller' or 'gee, I just don't think we'd be a good match', then slapping him with a cancellation fee would be justified. On the other hand, and I know Luce would never come up against this, but if the guy shows up (or answers the door) and the girl is clearly NOT the one in the pics, then I say the guy has a perfect right to say no and no way to any cancellation fee.

I'm with most the guys on this one, what's good for the goose, etc. I've had a ton of cancellations and NS/NC's over the years. I go back to the ones who stay in touch and maybe offer a small consideration, but just move on with the ones who I never hear from again. In fact, it just happened very recently. Life is too short to keep trying or get all bunged up on it.

What to do?

NEXT!

JMO

Speaking in a purely business sense...sure...if she can get it, get it. I understand that time is money, and she could have turned away other business to hold this time frame open.

Speaking more from personal experience...I've had two no shows, cancellations, or re-schedules for every actual appointment I've had, and that's the type of business this is. Things come up...but statistically, no other business is as forgiving at this one.

+1

Showing up and not liking what you see to me is actually grounds for a little cancellation fee. You took the written description and her word it was your bad for not asking for an actual picture.

I think that if a guy gets all the way to an incall and in the door and decides against a cancellation fee would be good. If it is has gone that far then there was the time to get ready or travel depending on the situation and you are aware of her incall. If you have set foot inside the incall then I think that clock starts ticking.

There is nothing creepier than a guy that gets all the way there and decides he wants to leave. I will always ask for a cancellation fee if that happens (which is only twice in three years) not so much for the money but to discourage them from trying it in the future.

If her description is "I look just like Pam Anderson" and I get there and she looks like Roseanne Barr on a bad hair day, I'm leaving without a cancellation fee. if she is not truthful with her description why pay her a fee?

If her description is "I look just like Pam Anderson" and I get there and she looks like Roseanne Barr on a bad hair day, I'm leaving without a cancellation fee. if she is not truthful with her description why pay her a fee?

Whose fault is it really to just believe a description?? If you chose to see someone without knowing what they look like description or not it is a HUGE chance on your part.

Lol! I had my own cancellations,never even thought about asking for a fee... And in the end everyone ended up seeing me,and having fun...

The thing is, if you are making your money, if your phone rings,then you have no need for a cancellation fee.

In theory, the cancellation fee seems reasonable. We gentlemen are at an advantage on this board as we are able to write and read reviews of providers. We can make educated choices on who we want to see based on those reviews. The providers have considerably less information and more to lose by outing a cheapskate, douchebag with entitlement issues on the board. If they encumber time that can't be filled, principle dictates that there is some compensation. Practically speaking, I am not sure how this would work unless the appointment is reset for a later time. Of course, if there is dishonesty in the post, picture, or advertising all bets are off. Interesting topic and good discussion.

Whose fault is it really to just believe a description?? If you chose to see someone without knowing what they look like description or not it is a HUGE chance on your part.

On the other hand, giving a false description and expecting me to stay is a HUGE chance on her part.

There was a time when a written description of the YL we were booking with was a bonus. Frequently a Yellow Pages or news print ad with a name and phone number were all you could get. One of the advantages of street walkers on dark streets was that you could at least guess what they looked like. Strip club/brothels were often the best bet. Word of mouth? Not exactly something we shared with co-workers around the water cooler.

Folks are spoiled today with the Internet, webpages, and review boards.

But this strays off topic...

Tinman;340557]On the client side, this is why I almost exclusively stick to a 'same day appointment' policy and mostly to a 'how about an hour from now' sub-clause.

+1 :) I've always wondered, "How can anyone prebook an appointment for days or weeks in advance? How can anyone know when they'll be bustin' for it, until they're bustin' for it? What if the day and time of your carefully prescheduled appointment comes and your mind is on football, or upcoming lawn maintenance, and not on sex? Is it permissible for clients to cancel because they're not in the mood to fuck, and are most providers empathetic to the vagaries of the male sex drive?"

I don't mind a couple of hours in advance, but the farther out you schedule, even same day, the better chance something will go amiss.

I have noticed that many preset appointments get rescheduled, and I'm fine with it. The best laid plans can go awry and then you end up frustrated. No sense in making it worse by bashing someone who is as frustrated as you are.

The best course of action may be to just let it go, and renew the anticipation for your rescheduled appointment. This time, make sure your boss (or whoever) doesn't mess it up.

You took the written description and her word it was your bad for not asking for an actual picture.

"But she said the pictures were real".

Lucy, I have walked out of appointments when the pictures were so far off.

Asking for a pictures and getting a description does not guarantee who shows up at the door.

As far as NCNS cancellation fee, my pet peeve is being stood up by a provider who posts here frequently but is on the Do Not Review List. What recourse does a guy have when you cannot post a review? To add insult to injury, I found out through backchannel that she NCNS 2 of us on the same day. A cancellation fee?? Well maybe. She offered me money to keep my mouth shut. Why? She was drunk the whole day.

This is what scammers depend on. More gents should walk away from them without paying a cancellation fee.

+1 :) I've always wondered, "How can anyone prebook an appointment for days or weeks in advance? How can anyone know when they'll be bustin' for it, until they're bustin' for it? What if the day and time of your carefully prescheduled appointment comes and your mind is on football, or upcoming lawn maintenance, and not on sex? Is it permissible for clients to cancel because they're not in the mood to fuck, and are most providers empathetic to the vagaries of the male sex drive?"

Ok Bethanie, let me explain something to you about the male mindset.

It does not matter what else is rolling around in that cavernous melon resting on our shoulders...... SEX!!!! Is always paramount. Always.

To be honest, I've walked out on a couple of girls. Mostly because there was too much lying. I expected a leggy blonde, and a bowlegged midget shows up, or I'm coming to a place, the chick I expect to screw opens the door and says: I gotta go but you can screw my roommate (who is a 300 pound tub o' lard).

Ive only cancelled one time. It was 5 hours before and I knew it caused some problems. So I rescheduled immediately and then tipped well on that appointment. I had a long established history with the provider. She did tell me that cancellations were an issue but she never talked about a fee.

Ive been cancelled on quite a few times. Things happen. In every case a cancellation leaves a bad taste. So a cancellation fee, if advised ahead of time, would cause me too look elsewhere. What about a misrepresentation fee? Went to an appointment with a lady who had pics that were easily 15 years out of date. I should have just stopped the proceedings but didn't and went through with a very expensive and bad experience.

It really is part of the business. These are ALWAYS elective appointments. We choose to see you hopefully in good faith to complete the appointment.

A fee because life happens seems disjointed. The really good providers can get another appt with charm and persuasion. But when you have days of 5 appointments and 4 cancel, I can see how its a sckosh more than frustrating.

+1 :) I've always wondered, "How can anyone prebook an appointment for days or weeks in advance? How can anyone know when they'll be bustin' for it, until they're bustin' for it? What if the day and time of your carefully prescheduled appointment comes and your mind is on football, or upcoming lawn maintenance, and not on sex?

I had a guy park a car on me once. It’s not a pleasurable past time and I don’t recommend it. I’ll admit that during that experience there were a few minutes that I wasn’t interested in having sex much. It soon passed and I was back to normal, wanting to have sex with most of the women I saw. Don’t even get me started on what effect the nurses had on me!

I can reasonably assume that I will want to have sex at any time in the future. Strange, ain’t it? :rolleyes:

I have noticed that many preset appointments get rescheduled, and I'm fine with it. The best laid plans can go awry and then you end up frustrated. No sense in making it worse by bashing someone who is as frustrated as you are.

The best course of action may be to just let it go, and renew the anticipation for your rescheduled appointment. This time, make sure your boss (or whoever) doesn't mess it up.

With various and multiple obligations of the home, it is often necessary for a married guy to plan fairly far in advance. Many ladies may not be long-term planners, so conflicts may arise. As for sex being on the brain when the time comes, that is not a problem.

I have had to cancel twice with established providers, but both times I cancelled several hours in advance and one over 24 hours in advance. So if they would have asked me for a cancellation fee - I would have declined!

Now on the other hand - I have walked out of probably 10 appointments because the woman looked NOTHING like the photos she posted and when she asked (or yelled) for a cancellation fee - I just said that she was using fake or outdated photos so no cancellation fee should be expected AND she should give me gas money for wasting my time!

In my opinion: If someone posts that she will expect a cancellation fee if you don't cancel 24 hours in advance, then she should expect to pay that cancellation fee to the client if she has to cancel to keep things fair!

I have been NCNSed many times by providers but I have never done it to even one of them!