amahumanbean

Deposits

36 posts in this topic

Is paying deposits via Venmo and Cashapp prior to a visit a legit thing now? Or is it a scam? A few providers has requested deposits. I won't do it. Should I?

8 hours ago, lustybustygina said:

When she is legit .... I take deposit stops the NS  !!

except for the gents.  I am certain that you, Gina, would do the right thing if YOU had to cancel, but you are certainly in the minority

On 11/2/2021 at 6:50 PM, mustang said:

except for the gents.  I am certain that you, Gina, would do the right thing if YOU had to cancel, but you are certainly in the minority

I have refund a deposit 

1. My flight was 6hr's late

2. I didn't feel after a few emails and a chat he and I where not a match at all ..

On 11/8/2021 at 11:00 AM, JRWolfe said:

I don't do deposits. 

Me neither. I  deposit, withdraw, deposit, withdraw. 

12 hours ago, oldguy47 said:

Me neither. I  deposit, withdraw, deposit, withdraw. 

Good for you being able to deposit and withdraw twice.:lol::lol:

It would be ok if she was a regular on TOB. Otherwise I wouldn’t chance it. I did fall victim twice to what I though was really legitimate gals. They were not. Deposit lost. 

42 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

I've never been asked to pay a deposit.

Not saying I wouldn't, because there are probably circumstances where I would. Just saying it's never come up.

When I tried to set up a Venmo account my credit card was hacked. No deposits for me.

I have had to return a couple deposits due to myself not being able to keep appointment and clients are really shocked.

I have had guys who refuse to do and I have had others send the ENTIRE donation days in advance.

Also, the max I take is 25$. I feel that is a reasonable amount...If I get a flake/NS than I require a deposit to book me again in the future

Edited by Jenna_James

If a provider feels a deposit is necessary then so be it.  I have paid deposits after doing enough research to know it wasn’t a rob.   I prefer an online pay system that allows visa gift cards so as to minimize the footprint.  I’ve only encountered one instance where the mgr didn’t take place but the provider reached out prior and offered a plethora of rescheduling options.  All good.  

I see both sides though.  The hobby upside is there is plenty to choose from on both sides of this equation - so a good time is still had by all regardless of your position on the matter. 

53 minutes ago, hornyoldtoad said:

If a provider feels a deposit is necessary then so be it.  I have paid deposits after doing enough research to know it wasn’t a rob.   I prefer an online pay system that allows visa gift cards so as to minimize the footprint.  I’ve only encountered one instance where the mgr didn’t take place but the provider reached out prior and offered a plethora of rescheduling options.  All good.  

I see both sides though.  The hobby upside is there is plenty to choose from on both sides of this equation - so a good time is still had by all regardless of your position on the matter. 

This ^^^ 😊

I guess maybe if I knew the provider previously, I would. But there have been so many horror stories about the deposit thing. Maybe one positive experience for every 20 negative ones. There is no downside for the provider, Ive noticed. But many for the hobbyists. Apart from just straight up getting your money robbed from you. There is also the risk of LE sting operations using the deposit as corroborating evidence against you in court. To me its just not worth the risk ladies. I hope you understand. Sorry. There are too many beautiful options out there with much less risk before taking that leap. The hobby is getting weirder and weirder. First, the no AA thing and now this. I dont get it.

Edited by amahumanbean

2 hours ago, amahumanbean said:

I guess maybe if I knew the provider previously, I would. But there have been so many horror stories about the deposit thing. Maybe one positive experience for every 20 negative ones. There is no downside for the provider, Ive noticed. But many for the hobbyists. Apart from just straight up getting your money robbed from you. There is also the risk of LE sting operations using the deposit as corroborating evidence against you in court. To me its just not worth the risk ladies. I hope you understand. Sorry. There are too many beautiful options out there with much less risk before taking that leap. The hobby is getting weirder and weirder. First, the no AA thing and now this. I dont get it.

The "no AA thng" has been around for at least 20 years ....... probably longer.

I require a deposit, totally safe and helps make me comfortable. I have heard some story’s so as long as you do your due diligence you will not be scammed 😊

1 hour ago, Captivatingcourt said:

I require a deposit, totally safe and helps make me comfortable. I have heard some story’s so as long as you do your due diligence you will not be scammed 😊

Are you a provider???  

25 minutes ago, mustang said:

Are you a provider???  

Click her profile. Lol

4 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Click her profile. Lol

I did that ..... she has been a member here since 9/30 2016 and has one post, (made very recently) and 7 reviews on TER the last of which has a 2017 date.  Based on this info alone, does she meet the requirements that you and several ladies here say the clients should look for when deciding whether or not to make a deposite?????  

4 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Click her profile. Lol

I did that ..... she has been a member here since 9/30 2016 and has one post, (made very recently) and 7 reviews on TER the last of which has a 2017 date.  Based on this info alone, does she meet the requirements that you and several ladies here say the clients should look for when deciding whether or not to make a deposite?????  

Edited by mustang
error

10 minutes ago, mustang said:

You asked if she was a provider? THAT is what I quoted and responded to.  Whether you book her or give a deposit is your choice.  Opinions aren't requirements. 

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

I agree. If the provider is reputable and she asks for a deposit, then respect her policies. If you are on the fence and the provider is unknown, then you may want to re think. I require a deposit for all new clients. If they do not wish to send one, then I respect their decision and decline an appointment with them. I am sure we all have been burned in one way or another, which leads to some providers requesting more security measures for scheduling. If a clients refuses, then that is their right and perfectly fine. I personally will not book without a deposit as my schedule is extremely limited and one no call no show or last minute cancelation really affects me as I could of scheduled something else. I am not favoring any side here, sometimes clients do not realize how it affects some providers schedules as we may not know how sending a deposit can affect them. So...to each their own.

I had a guy make a 50% deposit for a 2 hour appt because he had canceled 6 of the last 8appts he had booked. He paid the deposit and guess what, canceled the 2 hour appt one hour before the session. That is why deposits!

On 12/3/2021 at 7:43 AM, Marilyn Desire said:

I had a guy make a 50% deposit for a 2 hour appt because he had canceled 6 of the last 8appts he had booked. He paid the deposit and guess what, canceled the 2 hour appt one hour before the session. That is why deposits!

Unfortunately for the ladies, there are some guys who are serial cancellers.

On 12/4/2021 at 7:45 AM, ilovewomen said:

Unfortunately for the ladies, there are some guys who are serial cancellers.

More the you guys Know ... 

I will never do electronic depositis. All of my accounts are jointly owned. The hoppy is my private life and should stay that way.