Blksachs

Is $0 better than $150?

112 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2020 at 10:16 PM, sb1212 said:

Oddly, reading Ryan's fiery posts has me, well, somewhat arroused....😁

Thats all it took?    
i need to change my genre

On 11/11/2020 at 6:48 AM, Blksachs said:

I am only a hobbyist and have no clue how large or deep the market is for clients in this industry. My guess has been that the market probably isn't very large. Typically I'll never pay more than $150 for 30 minutes of time but increasingly I have noticed providers asking for $200 for 30min. When I offer $150 they decline.

My question is this. Is the market of clients really so large that $150 for 30 minutes isn't worth it for providers? Is it really that easy for providers to find clients willing to pay $200 or more for 30 minutes?

I see how frequently some providers post on different sites so my assumption has been that the client market is thin. If my assumption is correct wouldn't it be more economical to accept $150 for 30 minutes instead of turning down one of the very few potential clients you might get in a week and getting $0 for them?

I see some providers say they are struggling financially in their ads yet they will still turn down $150. If you can turn down $150 for 30 minutes of work you obviously aren't really struggling.

Keep in mind that the median income in the United States is about $33,000 per year pre-tax. That comes out to about $126 per day pre-tax for the median worker. Perhaps all of the providers in this industry are brain surgeons and rocket scientists by day and are easily pulling in $1,000 per day working their regular day job but something tells me that probably isn't the case.

To recieve more than the typical person's daily salary for a mere 30 minutes of time seems like a great deal that shouldn't be turned down, but hey what do I know? Maybe all of these providers work day jobs that pay them $400/hour but I doubt it.

WOW! How did I miss this from NOV?!! This is the most amazing thread!
But Remember:  "$100 is $100" Here's my dos centavos...

An old man and an old woman went on a vacation to Las Vegas every year...

Each time as they walked past the helicopter rides the woman would say to the man "please please please take me on a helicopter ride!"

Every year the old man inquired about the cost of ride. Every year $100 was the response from the operator.

Being a frugal old man he would look over at his aging wife and say "I would take you up honey but you know - $100 is $100."

This took place year after year after year. The operator got to know the frugal old couple and felt sorry for the little old lady.

One year he finally said "I tell ya what - I'll make you a deal. I'll take you up for free as long as you don't make a single sound. If you shriek or scream or even gasp then you pay me $100."

They had a deal and the frugal old couple was sure they were about to get a free helicopter ride.

Once in the operator pulled out all the stops. He dove and ducked and dodged the clouds. He pulled the craziest maneuvers known to
helicopter enthusiasts. Rolls and loops and stops and gos. Not a sound from the back.

Finally he gave up and landed the helicopter. He looked back at the little old lady and proclaimed "I thought for sure I had you! I can't believe you didn't make a single sound!"

The little old lady, white as a ghost, looked up and said: "Well, to tell you the truth, I was going to say something when my husband fell out, but you know, $100 is $100."

On 1/17/2021 at 9:28 AM, juanvaldez said:

WOW! How did I miss this from NOV?!! This is the most amazing thread!
But Remember:  "$100 is $100" Here's my dos centavos...

An old man and an old woman went on a vacation to Las Vegas every year...

Each time as they walked past the helicopter rides the woman would say to the man "please please please take me on a helicopter ride!"

Every year the old man inquired about the cost of ride. Every year $100 was the response from the operator.

Being a frugal old man he would look over at his aging wife and say "I would take you up honey but you know - $100 is $100."

This took place year after year after year. The operator got to know the frugal old couple and felt sorry for the little old lady.

One year he finally said "I tell ya what - I'll make you a deal. I'll take you up for free as long as you don't make a single sound. If you shriek or scream or even gasp then you pay me $100."

They had a deal and the frugal old couple was sure they were about to get a free helicopter ride.

Once in the operator pulled out all the stops. He dove and ducked and dodged the clouds. He pulled the craziest maneuvers known to
helicopter enthusiasts. Rolls and loops and stops and gos. Not a sound from the back.

Finally he gave up and landed the helicopter. He looked back at the little old lady and proclaimed "I thought for sure I had you! I can't believe you didn't make a single sound!"

The little old lady, white as a ghost, looked up and said: "Well, to tell you the truth, I was going to say something when my husband fell out, but you know, $100 is $100."

Lmao

On 12/20/2020 at 6:06 PM, Ryann said:

Are you saying we’re not equal to a rocket scientist, or brain surgeon? Trust me when i say that our job description is 10xs harder than  theirs. 
dealing with this post  is just one small example !! 

we also live in colorado ! The cost of living has skyrocketed over the last what?  10 years. But yet I don’t know too many ladies out there that have raised  their donations to fit the rise in the cost of living. So this goes to everybody you should feel very lucky to have all of us still around. 
try thanking us for taking the struggle to keep ya all happy ! Instead of Micromanaging the way we run our business .

go ladies go ladies

Thinking this post said it best. Next time any of you ask about our prices or anything further do consider where we live! Try thanking us more instead of condemning us! Scoffing at our rates. Why don't you offer a 1/2 hour? Plus, put up with the other B.S. that if they would only read our websites they would know how best to approach me. Many questions will be answered if only these men would take the opportunity to read. VERY simple! 

Man O man! I don't know if I was drinking, suspended, or busy, but somehow I missed this entire thread!! I have nothing to say or add....just shocked I spaced it!

On 12/20/2020 at 6:06 PM, Ryann said:

Are you saying we’re not equal to a rocket scientist, or brain surgeon? Trust me when i say that our job description is 10xs harder than  theirs. 
dealing with this post  is just one small example !! 

we also live in colorado ! The cost of living has skyrocketed over the last what?  10 years. But yet I don’t know too many ladies out there that have raised  their donations to fit the rise in the cost of living. So this goes to everybody you should feel very lucky to have all of us still around. 
try thanking us for taking the struggle to keep ya all happy ! Instead of Micromanaging the way we run our business .

go ladies go ladies

Not sure what exactly I named the post but I did specifically thank the ladies from TOB .................................Since you may have missed it, I would like to specifically thank you as well.............................

18 hours ago, Todoesprivado said:

Let’s allow this thread to die, por favor.

So a week of no comments and you decide to bump it back up asking to let it die out?

52 minutes ago, Strange_Ice said:

So a week of no comments and you decide to bump it back up asking to let it die out?

Sometimes I’m smart like that .

2 hours ago, Todoesprivado said:

Sometimes I’m smart like that .

I know the feeling!

Image result for homer simpson doh! meme

On 11/12/2020 at 0:46 AM, Laci French said:

Now this is some funny shit and thank you for the comic relief🤣🤣🤣🤣

Agreed 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think what he is forgetting is that is a luxury service. If you can't afford to participate then you should not participate. Sounds like he only makes 30k a year, which he says is average lol. Instead of looking for ass, he should be looking for a better job and a regular girlfriend. By the sounds of it... i can see why he can't get a regular girlfriend... 

Please Sir don't come harassing us working gals! LMAO  go harass the civie women. Make them go 50/50 when you take them out to eat, while they brag about how independent they are and don't need a man for anything (you might get lucky and she even pays for you too!), there are plenty of women willing to prove their worth in the civie world,  they love bragging about how it costs $0 to date/fuck them! Go! Go play! 

On 18.2.2021 at 3:17 PM, VIP Mya Michelle said:

I think what he is forgetting is that is a luxury service.

Hmm, sucking a guy off is now a "luxury service"?

6 hours ago, 2Big said:

Hmm, sucking a guy off is now a "luxury service"?

Now?  It always has been.

Enjoying time with someone isn't a luxury.  Paying for it is.  Having someone drive your car isn't a luxury, but valet parking is.  No hobbyist "needs" the service of a YL; companionship can be found at a bar, and other things can be taken care of yourself.  But people enjoy being customers here because they like the LUXURY of not having to put in the effort, and the LUXURY of enjoying certain activities instead of taking care of themselves.

Like all services, luxury or not, there's two parties.  Whoever offers the service gets to set their price point, and anyone who thinks it doesn't fit the market can find someone else or do it themselves.  If provider A wants to charge $700 an hour and I don't think I'll get that value then we both can move on; they aren't bad for overcharging and I'm not bad for deciding I don't want to spend that much.

That being said, I also see all of this as a business.  And one of the things you have to expect in business is for people to ask for a better rate.  Any new customer I work with on the retail side of our business wants the price dropped.  I don't have to give them one; but I might if we're slow and the job is still profitable enough for the company.  I'm responsible for making sure my employees can feed their families, for making sure my previous customers have someone to rely on if they have further issues - that means that sometimes I want to make $5k on a job and have to just make $2k because that's what gets me a customer, keeps my business healthy, and allows us to build more for the future.  Do I get people who ask for a rate that would make me lose money?  Sure, but I just tell them we aren't a good fit and move on.  

22 hours ago, Mandrewthe4th said:

Now?  It always has been.

Enjoying time with someone isn't a luxury.  Paying for it is.  Having someone drive your car isn't a luxury, but valet parking is.  No hobbyist "needs" the service of a YL; companionship can be found at a bar, and other things can be taken care of yourself.  But people enjoy being customers here because they like the LUXURY of not having to put in the effort, and the LUXURY of enjoying certain activities instead of taking care of themselves.

Like all services, luxury or not, there's two parties.  Whoever offers the service gets to set their price point, and anyone who thinks it doesn't fit the market can find someone else or do it themselves.  If provider A wants to charge $700 an hour and I don't think I'll get that value then we both can move on; they aren't bad for overcharging and I'm not bad for deciding I don't want to spend that much.

That being said, I also see all of this as a business.  And one of the things you have to expect in business is for people to ask for a better rate.  Any new customer I work with on the retail side of our business wants the price dropped.  I don't have to give them one; but I might if we're slow and the job is still profitable enough for the company.  I'm responsible for making sure my employees can feed their families, for making sure my previous customers have someone to rely on if they have further issues - that means that sometimes I want to make $5k on a job and have to just make $2k because that's what gets me a customer, keeps my business healthy, and allows us to build more for the future.  Do I get people who ask for a rate that would make me lose money?  Sure, but I just tell them we aren't a good fit and move on.  

This is a great explanation. I like the luxury point. It is a luxury to experience things in the hobby,  that you might not have the chance in real life.

It's worth whatever someone will pay for it. Look at Billionaire owner of the Patriots Robert Kraft, he could have had the top shelf quiffe, but instead choose to get his rocks off at a sleezy Asian rub and tug joint.

On 2/18/2021 at 7:17 AM, VIP Mya Michelle said:

I think what he is forgetting is that is a luxury service. If you can't afford to participate then you should not participate. Sounds like he only makes 30k a year, which he says is average lol. Instead of looking for ass, he should be looking for a better job and a regular girlfriend. By the sounds of it... i can see why he can't get a regular girlfriend... 

I wouldn’t say is a luxury service. There is a price range for everyone. Just spend time looking where you need to be looking... simple

On 11/12/2020 at 0:46 AM, Laci French said:

Now this is some funny shit and thank you for the comic relief🤣🤣🤣🤣

I laugh always when i read this comment 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 2/18/2021 at 7:17 AM, VIP Mya Michelle said:

Please Sir don't come harassing us working gals! LMAO  go harass the civie women. Make them go 50/50 when you take them out to eat, while they brag about how independent they are and don't need a man for anything (you might get lucky and she even pays for you too!), there are plenty of women willing to prove their worth in the civie world,  they love bragging about how it costs $0 to date/fuck them! Go! Go play! 

Actually that IS about average 35k is 17 an hour and thats what a lot of places start... if it wasn't for the overtime I get that's all I would make too but some of us "blue collar" workers still make it work with little to no complaints. We might not be able to afford the every week type of play or the ladies in the 500+ range but hey oh well, you learn to find the ladies you can afford and have a good time when you can.

And it still cost to get in anyone's pants by the way, it's just not as straight forward- you have to pay cover fees to get into the club in order to find someone, then your probably gonna pay for drinks, maybe food if your on a date, then there's the gas to get where your going, if your un-able to go to either your place or there's you have to pay for a hotel room, and if you dont score on the first encounter/date you look at spending even more on food/drinks/misc, and it's not always gonna be easy, it's not like you can just tell a girl hey let's go have some fun in private- you have to actually work to get what you want (that to me is too much hassle, it's easier to just call a working girl and have a better chance of getting what one desires)

On 11/11/2020 at 6:48 AM, Blksachs said:

I am only a hobbyist and have no clue how large or deep the market is for clients in this industry. My guess has been that the market probably isn't very large. Typically I'll never pay more than $150 for 30 minutes of time but increasingly I have noticed providers asking for $200 for 30min. When I offer $150 they decline.

My question is this. Is the market of clients really so large that $150 for 30 minutes isn't worth it for providers? Is it really that easy for providers to find clients willing to pay $200 or more for 30 minutes?

I see how frequently some providers post on different sites so my assumption has been that the client market is thin. If my assumption is correct wouldn't it be more economical to accept $150 for 30 minutes instead of turning down one of the very few potential clients you might get in a week and getting $0 for them?

I see some providers say they are struggling financially in their ads yet they will still turn down $150. If you can turn down $150 for 30 minutes of work you obviously aren't really struggling.

Keep in mind that the median income in the United States is about $33,000 per year pre-tax. That comes out to about $126 per day pre-tax for the median worker. Perhaps all of the providers in this industry are brain surgeons and rocket scientists by day and are easily pulling in $1,000 per day working their regular day job but something tells me that probably isn't the case.

To recieve more than the typical person's daily salary for a mere 30 minutes of time seems like a great deal that shouldn't be turned down, but hey what do I know? Maybe all of these providers work day jobs that pay them $400/hour but I doubt it.

I hate to inform you but in Colorado the mean income was close to 50 thousand dollars in 2020 so you are way off and the average price of a home in 2023 is probably over 500 thousand dollars in the Denver metro. Now another fact is that no one trade has risen to adjust for inflation as we are all way behind the eight ball but a lot of SW are around the same price they were charging 5 years ago Or more. You sir need to take a look at the risk these ladies take because I know I really didn’t like sending young people into apartments to replace toilets of people with aids so I did it myself and took the risk.