gb0138

Rising asset prices

103 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2020 at 0:34 PM, oldguy47 said:

There are no unreasonable rates, only rates I'm willing or unwilling to pay.

Amen!

I agree with gh0138, jdjd1989, running with scissors and lex7. Price increases only mean less hobbyist, which mean fewer providers. It's changed so much from 2019 when the younger ones started asking for gift cards or cashapp. Only to cheat us out of deposit money. 

I'm going to get in trouble with my next comment, it really doesn't depend how much you spend from $100 -$500 it's still the same outcome. Do we walk away happy or do we walk away unhappy. Lots of still work for living, just like the providers who post here. It's more competitive and wanting PSE or Kinky stuff is almost impossible to get. Then when you do the service is at the highest going rate. I don't want to spend $350 for vanilla fun, do you? Yes its about what the hobbyist can afford.

New to this board, but I have a pretty extensive punchcard on TNA when I lived in the pacific northwest, but yeah there very few differences at the price ranges I've experienced from the ladies in terms of services I like. Out of the dozens and dozens I've seen, be it, agency girls or independents, I could probably count on one hand, providers I would and have seen multiple times. 

Well, just like every other small business, they charge what they figure they are worth (or need), and, as clients, we either pay that, or move on. 

Waste of time to talk/write about it. :)

49 minutes ago, pfunk said:

Well, just like every other small business, they charge what they figure they are worth (or need), and, as clients, we either pay that, or move on. 

Yup. Combination of Marketing 101 and Econ 101.  1. The value of something is deternined by what someone will pay for it. 2. The higher the price, the lower the demand. 

If one of our lovely ladies asks $1200 an hour and someone is willing to pay, more power to her.  It wont be me, and she probably wont be real busy, but, hey, you never know.....

11 minutes ago, sb1212 said:

Yup. Combination of Marketing 101 and Econ 101.  1. The value of something is deternined by what someone will pay for it. 2. The higher the price, the lower the demand. 

If one of our lovely ladies asks $1200 an hour and someone is willing to pay, more power to her.  It wont be me, and she probably wont be real busy, but, hey, you never know.....

If you mean busy with clients, not too likely, but possible.  Busy stacking Benjamin’s, yes. 💵. Whatever the market will bear if I was a real looker. Unfortunately there can be only one Brad Pitt and it ain’t me. 

Is this really another rate thread?

Do you bitch about other inflation or is it just hookers?

If only TOB would ban rate threads.  Please!

14 hours ago, Laci French said:

Lol.... first I completely agree and think these rate threads are retarded. But I couldnt help but answer the other question... I dont complain about rates, I just pass by those out of my range (which is on the low end), but I DO complain all the time about everything else that raises. Every time I hear something about minimum wage going up I bitch a lot actually, because with minimum wage going up that raises prices on everything else (milk, groceries, rent.....) so what does raising the minimum wage get anybody if everything else goes up with it and in ways BECAUSE of it to compensate what they are losing because they now have to pay people more thus resulting in the price hikes.... but as far as hooker rates why complain? Either you can or cannot afford certain ladies, and for those you cannot- move on and find someone whose time you CAN afford

33 minutes ago, Strange_Ice said:

... Every time I hear something about minimum wage going up I bitch a lot actually, because with minimum wage going up that raises prices on everything else (milk, groceries, rent.....) so what does raising the minimum wage get anybody if everything else goes up with it and in ways BECAUSE of it to compensate what they are losing because they now have to pay people more thus resulting in the price hikes....

That’s because stupid politicians don’t understand Econ 101.  They pass these measure so they can feel good about helping the poor, when in truth they hurt everyone.

🥴😡😝

8 hours ago, Strange_Ice said:

Lol.... first I completely agree and think these rate threads are retarded. But I couldnt help but answer the other question... I dont complain about rates, I just pass by those out of my range (which is on the low end), but I DO complain all the time about everything else that raises. Every time I hear something about minimum wage going up I bitch a lot actually, because with minimum wage going up that raises prices on everything else (milk, groceries, rent.....) so what does raising the minimum wage get anybody if everything else goes up with it and in ways BECAUSE of it to compensate what they are losing because they now have to pay people more thus resulting in the price hikes.... but as far as hooker rates why complain? Either you can or cannot afford certain ladies, and for those you cannot- move on and find someone whose time you CAN afford

Retarded? Wow!! WTF. 

I have largely checked out but I still check in once in a while to see how this particular economy is doing.  My pay has increased over time but not anywhere near the rate of inflation and there definitely is a "special" economy in some sectors that buck trends everywhere else.  This just happens to be among them.  I did notice  a larger overall change in trends when Backpage was seized.  I'm guessing that it provided a low barrier of entry for many girls towards internet-based advertising.  I often wonder if anything will ever truly replace that sort of outlet short of legalization.

Yeah, man, I complain about the economy in general. And I complain specifically about gas prices when they’re too high, home prices when they go to high or too low...I complain about income, taxes, water bills, gas bills, and I complain about a markets with falsely overblown prices. Anyone who has seen Trump go to war with China gets this.

A lot of ladies could charge $500 and get it. Others can’t. Discerning shoppers will know the difference, or will have their opinion. I think that’s why we not only have rate threads, but we also have threads on haggling and negotiating services and prices. No one really wants to feel robbed and no one (or most people) wants to take advantage of someone, but timing and circumstances will affect anyone’s decision on the amount they’re willing to accept either way. And it’s worthwhIle for all the grownups in here to have those discussions once in a while because that’s part of self-regulating an industry like this.

Edited by Prayforrain
Grammar

On 11/08/2020 at 5:15 AM, gb0138 said:

Maybe the big head has to much time on it’s hands but has anyone noticed 400 is the new 300 and 500 is the new 400? I even noticed my first “frequent flier” card of sorts out there. That’s a first for this old hobbyist. I’m starting to question the little head more often🤔 However, the big head often loses, as usual. 

What is worse is that some of the ladies' pics are 5, 10 or even 20 years old! Their age is listed as 5, 10 or even 20 years younger than their actual age. The rate they charge is not justified. 

I don't want to name anyone in particular because I don't want to ruin someone's livelihood. 

Update your age and pics! I don't want to be expecting a 21 y.o. and ended up meeting a 41 y.o.!

Edited by veteranhobbyist

On 10/13/2020 at 11:15 PM, Laci French said:

The way I see it, there are ladies out there sharing the most intimate parts of their bodies with us. It's not inflation, not a commodity, nor an industry. It's a person doing something very personal. She can charge what she wants. 

Edited by decafnaetd

25 minutes ago, veteranhobbyist said:

What is worse is that some of the ladies' pics are 5, 10 or even 20 years old! Their age is listed as 5, 10 or even 20 years younger than their actual age. The rate they charge is not justified. 

I don't want to name anyone in particular because I don't want to ruin someone's livelihood. 

Update your age and pics! I don't want to be expecting a 21 y.o. and ended up meeting a 41 y.o.!

Im a seasoned negotiator of multi million dollar contracts. I never negotiate with providers. Pay the stated rate or move on.   Even if she was willing to do so, why would you want to irritate someone with whom you want to have a fabulous, intimate experience? Why anger someone who will have your most sensitive parts in her hands- or surrounded by her teeth ?

11 minutes ago, sb1212 said:

Im a seasoned negotiator of multi million dollar contracts. I never negotiate with providers. Pay the stated rate or move on.   Even if she was willing to do so, why would you want to irritate someone with whom you want to have a fabulous, intimate experience? Why anger someone who will have your most sensitive parts in her hands- or surrounded by her teeth ?

I am not talking about negotiation. I am talking about bait and switch in a sense. If you say you are 23, and when you show up, you are 43. I would say it's bait and switch unless you bring me a time machine. We all know SP subtract 2-5 years from their profile. More than that is a bit much.

5 hours ago, veteranhobbyist said:

Why, don't you want to spend time with someone who really knows how to fuck a guy? Indeed, so well that he will beg to come back?

Economics 101

Economic supply and demand curve

at the top of the price range we have more providers willing than we have hobbyists are willing to buy (Surplus). At the bottom of the price range we have almost no providers willing to offer their services even though hobbyists would be lining up around the corner (Shortage). The mid point is the equilibrium, where the number of providers willing to offer services matches hobbyist demand at a particular price point. This being a luxury service price is greatly impacted by the affluence of the geographic location and changing demand. So if the price goes up and demand dropped off the prices would go back down, if they don't we have a new equilibrium point. 

To make a living I don't think any of us want our favorite providers to be overworked. Bless the free market system and our fine business women!

S&D curve.JPG

Edited by Tantis

On 10/13/2020 at 1:39 PM, pfunk said:

I would - but TOB has denied the only two negative reviews I've submitted.  I stopped reviewing when I realized how frequently they probably suppress legitimate negative reviews from real admirers. 

20 hours ago, n4u2 said:

I would - but TOB has denied the only two negative reviews I've submitted.  I stopped reviewing when I realized how frequently they probably suppress legitimate negative reviews from real admirers. 

TOB does not reject negative reviews from LEGIT admirers.  TOB does have specific published standards for when it comes to writing and submitting reviews.  TOB also explains to you in writing why they would reject your review.  FYI, when you submit a negative review, TOB does give the lady being reviewed an opportunity to submit a rebuttal....or at least TOB used to do that.

3 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

TOB does not reject negative reviews from LEGIT admirers.  TOB does have specific published standards for when it comes to writing and submitting reviews.  TOB also explains to you in writing why they would reject your review.  FYI, when you submit a negative review, TOB does give the lady being reviewed an opportunity to submit a rebuttal....or at least TOB used to do that.

Sure - keep telling yourself that.  I actually copied a negative review word for word and used it just to see if it would be approved and it was rejected. Nothing about a contradiction from the provider - just doesn't meet standards.  And "...explains in writing?"  It's the exact same form email.  

On 10/28/2020 at 2:27 PM, n4u2 said:

... I actually copied a negative review word for word and used it just to see if it would be approved and it was rejected. ...

A review such as that would be denied account of plagiarism.

5 hours ago, n4u2 said:

Sure - keep telling yourself that.  I actually copied a negative review word for word and used it just to see if it would be approved and it was rejected. Nothing about a contradiction from the provider - just doesn't meet standards.  And "...explains in writing?"  It's the exact same form email.  

Whatever

I have had a couple reviews rejected. 1 was negative. The other was because I was not descriptive enough. Yet, I seen ton of new reviews for new ladies with far less than I wrote. I've had one of my reviews HEAVILY edited and posted. That one made me scratch my head...  

So, I guess it just depends in what mod approves the review. 

7 hours ago, Copper-pipee said:

So, I guess it just depends in what mod approves the review. 

I've never had a review rejected here. I've had requests for more info added, but those have been very few. 

I tend to believe different mods request different things, and if a mod is having a bad day, or dislikes me for some reason, I guess anything is possible.

Back to the original rate thread, she charges what she wants, and I pay what I want. If we agree on terms, great! If not, I'll find someone else. Easy Peasy! :)

I’ve never had a TOB review rejected.  I don’t recall being asked for more detail, but I was asked for clarification when I submitted a review for a session that lasted 6 weeks.

As others have said, she has her price, I have mine.  If they’re in synch, we’re good to go.  If not, move on.

On 10/23/2020 at 0:12 PM, veteranhobbyist said:

I am not talking about negotiation. I am talking about bait and switch in a sense. If you say you are 23, and when you show up, you are 43. I would say it's bait and switch unless you bring me a time machine. We all know SP subtract 2-5 years from their profile. More than that is a bit much.

If you expect 23 and get 43, its not bait and switch if it is the same lady.  It is prehaps mis-representation of product (apologies to the ladies for referring to you as a product).  But I can guarantee you will have a better time with a lady that knows what she is doing and wants to have a good time.  A lot 23 yo's only want you to get in, get off and get out.

23 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I’ve never had a TOB review rejected.  I don’t recall being asked for more detail, but I was asked for clarification when I submitted a review for a session that lasted 6 weeks.

As others have said, she has her price, I have mine.  If they’re in synch, we’re good to go.  If not, move on.

A six week session?  Damn Bit, you are the man!

On 10/28/2020 at 2:27 PM, n4u2 said:

The mods aren't dummies.  They probably recognized the "negative" review for the fake that it was.