Maggie Maddix

Why don’t gentleman read the ads?

44 posts in this topic

I take a lot of time and thought into posting my ads and building my website.  I try to put all relevant information about me and how to visit with me in my ad and on my site.  

nobody reads them, why?

i get frustrated bc I do this and then I end up having to repeat it all via text or email 20 times a day/week.

why?  

also references required means references required!  I literally hear the same story every day on why gentleman do not have references and why I should be ok with them not having them.  

do gentleman understand how dangerous this can be for us providers?  I get short but I’m tired of saying a photo of u doesn’t work as a reference!  

do any other providers have this problem?

What you are talking about has been discussed here many, many times over the years.  Seasoned hobbyists have written "Do This, Don't Do This" many times and posted her eon TOB.  And unfortunately the guys who don't have references, claim they don't have references because they have too much to lose, don't read a ladies ad...are exactly the ones that need to be reading a lady's ad.

The majority of guys here understand this, have a good reading comprehension and will provide references/screening as requested.

About the only I can suggest is to continue with your procedures you require for you, have thick skin because some guys are just jerks, and hopefully you will meet some of the fine upstanding gentlemen from TOB.

Every business has their ads and say what they do.  People still want to talk to someone at the business to see if they believe they would be comfortable with them and their attitude.

Any body can post an ad. If a lady or anyone that I am considering paying won't give me a minute or 2 talking or texting to see if we might be compatible, 

Then they already have too much business and dont need mine.

Maggie;

It is human nature, people don't read. They don't read the restaurant menus, they don't read directions, or road signs. It is part of working with the public.

You might have it worse than other professions because men might tend to see your photos and stop reading.

Personally speaking, I look over the photos as if I am studying art. Are they playful, do they reflect the person in the photo, I study the backgrounds. I look to see if the place is clean. If a photo is worth a thousand words, I listen to every word the photo says. I read over the website or ad because that is a reflection of who I might meet. Is it a list of rules or more welcoming, all play a part in my decision. I read every word. I notice that your website refers to you in third person and sometimes in first person, which makes me wonder if you had the site done or if that is just part of your personality. I check to see if the ad is well written, if it is fun and yet professional.

I would not have reference that you would accept. If I could spend time with you and did not have references, I would offer for just a dinner or lunch date at a public restaurant to get to know each other. If I made you feel comfortable, maybe a second date would be in a more private setting. I don't know if that would offend you so depending on the vibe I get from the ad or website, I might not make that offer. I might have studied the photos, read every word of your ad and website and still might be on of those guys you are complaining about. We men tend to be idiots and our level of stupidity increases around a lady.

26 minutes ago, pointymoustache said:

Short answer the small head doesn't have eyes that read.

She doesnt know what it means to have little head in control. Also she doesnt want the big head in charge all the time ... it might cost her business. She can create a sample email and text to copy and paste instead of repeating her self. Also ... communicate and comnect ... throw in a naughty joke here and there ... it might turn a quick visit to release stress into something regular. 

18 hours ago, Maggie Maddix said:

I take a lot of time and thought into posting my ads and building my website.  I try to put all relevant information about me and how to visit with me in my ad and on my site.  

nobody reads them, why?

i get frustrated bc I do this and then I end up having to repeat it all via text or email 20 times a day/week.

why?  

also references required means references required!  I literally hear the same story every day on why gentleman do not have references and why I should be ok with them not having them.  

do gentleman understand how dangerous this can be for us providers?  I get short but I’m tired of saying a photo of u doesn’t work as a reference!  

Some of us do Maggie. Alsi, I've read your ad

4 hours ago, Old_Timer said:

Some of us do Maggie. Alsi, I've read your ad

Thank you!  I appreciate that!  

I did look at your web site.

I couldn’t quite get past the third person narrative.  But that is me. Nothing wrong with it. 

Your web site does provide the necessary information for a guy to know what he needs to do in order to meet you.

It’s hard to read when all the blood is below my waste after I look at your pictures. It’s really your fault. :cool::P

I have to say that the 3rd person references present you as an agency gal.  They make your website less personal.  Some may object to your reference policy, but I find it appropriate.

I believe we all have that problem! Nobody seems to understand that times have changed. Anonymity has gone out the window. If you don’t trust the provider with your personal information, why  are you seeing her? What on earth do we want to do with your name I mean really unless you do some shady shit, you have nothing to worry about. But yet men still believe that in this crazy world they can just walk into our homes with no information given and we are supposed to be ok with that. It’s frustrating but for every 3 that fight about it, there’s that one that makes it pleasantly easy. The wonderful part of this business is we have the power to decide who we see so those that don’t read or fight with us when it comes to screening will end up with some not so hot or reputable ladies and they can complain all they want but in the end... it’s nobody’s fault but their own. Those that give me trouble I just end the conversation, block (sometimes) and move on.  Some people just think rules don’t apply to them but it’s not worth the stress in my opinion 

It's such an interesting world, I meet providers who are happy to be listed as a reference then I meet others who absolutely do not want to be used as a reference.  I meet providers who rely heavily on looking at TOB references and then I meet some who say they are a waste of time and they would never rely on looking at them.  Hard to fit all the various requests sometimes.   

3 minutes ago, Bravo1 said:

It's such an interesting world, I meet providers who are happy to be listed as a reference then I meet others who absolutely do not want to be used as a reference.  I meet providers who rely heavily on looking at TOB references and then I meet some who say they are a waste of time and they would never rely on looking at them.  Hard to fit all the various requests sometimes.   

I understand that issue that is why I have a few ways to screen, there is not one specific way I rely on. I have options because I understand some girls do not wanna take the time to check references. It sucks because in a perfect world everybody would have the same way to Screen and require the same information but unfortunately we are all independent and we all have our own way of feeling safe. But I do understand your frustration 

Just now, Madison Taylor said:

I understand that issue that is why I have a few ways to screen, there is not one specific way I rely on. I have options because I understand some girls do not wanna take the time to check references. It sucks because in a perfect world everybody would have the same way to Screen and require the same information but unfortunately we are all independent and we all have our own way of feeling safe. But I do understand your frustration 

It's not really frustration, I have the mindset that a provider gets to handle their business however they choose and if I want to meet them, I better just follow their rules with a smile.  I'm always willing to put in extra work or do whatever I can (within my own limits) to give whatever a provider needs in order to feel safe.  I think it makes for a much more enjoyable time together when everything is handled in a friendly and professional way.  I'm a Realtor, I don't just jump in a car and start showing people houses without them first talking to my lender (or me talking to theirs), it's all about not wasting your time.   

I wish everybody had the same mindset as you. Some guys just want to go back-and-forth back-and-forth and argue about the way we screen which does nothing but waste time :( I think some must think if they push it long enough that maybe we will lighten up but it doesn’t work that way 

Am I the only one that finds it odd that somebody requires references who does it give them?

6 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Am I the only one that finds it odd that somebody requires references who does it give them?

Thank you!

I've contacted the OP in the past and she flat out told me that if the gentlemen didn't review her she will not provide a reference.

That is a line of bullshit as some gentleman do not post reviews. 

I think it’s a valid quid quo pro.

If he’s not comfortable giving her a reference to the guys (a review), why should she give him a reference to the gals?  
If he’s not willing to follow her rules, what’s to say that he’s willing to follow yours?

13 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I think it’s a valid quid quo pro.

If he’s not comfortable giving her a reference to the guys (a review), why should she give him a reference to the gals?  
If he’s not willing to follow her rules, what’s to say that he’s willing to follow yours?

It is what it is...

I can guarantee that a potential client that was approved and met the OP, used me as a reference.

She did not reach out because she pissed me off and knows it!

Chic still made her $$$.

Whatever this is the industry 

2 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

Thank you!

I've contacted the OP in the past and she flat out told me that if the gentlemen didn't review her she will not provide a reference.

AND...  Some providers specifically say they do no want a review completed.   

4 hours ago, Bravo1 said:

The beauty of being independent. We each do our own thing and none of what we do is wrong in how we conduct our own private business. We are all (for the most part) “Independent”. As for me? I will seldom ask for a reference. Yet, I am willing to give them. Just fallow my simple protocol of action is all I ask.  

wishing we could discuss less ruffling topics please?’

3 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Audrey,  I've heard this before that some ladies will ask for references, but they do not provide them.  That is just wrong.

References when asked for are for everyone's safety.

I've received good references from Maddie. Not every time, but over 2 and half years, maybe 70% of the time, which is much better odds than providers who claim to be reference friendly, but really are not. 

On 3/23/2020 at 8:55 PM, Maggie Maddix said:

nobody reads them, why?

why?  

Probably too busy looking at the fine print.

4 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

Which means that they did NOT give the rest of the guys a reference regarding her legitimacy & services.  Just as there are gals who won’t see guys w/o references there are guys who won’t see gals w/o reviews.  Why does ‘he’ deserve a reference from her if he won’t provide one for her?

As for her accepting you as a reference w/o contacting you, perhaps (!speculation! idk) she was able to verify that he saw you through the review system.  It’s been said here MANY times before, each YL (for that matter, each client) has their own screening system.

Edited by Bit Banger

43 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I've received good references from Maddie. Not every time, but over 2 and half years, maybe 70% of the time, which is much better odds than providers who claim to be reference friendly, but really are not. 

Hunter I believe she’s talking about the one who posted the thread not me I knew someone would think that because those things did not happen with me 

Isn’t p411 the thing that remedies the reference part?  

Why doesn’t everyone just use that? 

Just now, Seeker5280 said:

Isn’t p411 the thing that remedies the reference part?  

Why doesn’t everyone just use that? 

P411 doesn't remedy the reference part.  It is only a beginning.

POS's slip through the cracks, no matter what. LE managed to convince some ladies to do coffee dates and then use their P411 to bust other ladies and guys. I know of one lady who saw saw a guy from P411 that had multiple good references and during their meeting, he beat the shit out of her.

That is why the ladies talking to each other is a good thing.