Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jez UaBriain

Question boys and girls.....

35 posts in this topic

Question boys and girls-

This is on discounts for reviews. It’s a common fact that many guys don’t review. It is also a known fact that that first, second, and third review is hard to come by. So I can understand why some ladies do this. But to me- it sounds like buying a good review. I have a hard time giving credibility to a “bought” review. Is it not better to read a review that is unexpected, unasked for, and not getting a discount for her services? It just would seem to be more credible if this criterion is met.

From my own experiences I would just as soon not know when I am being reviewed. You want an A plus level of service to be consistent with all clients, right? How can that be with a discounted review? Of course the ladies who offer this will be on their A game. It’s a review.

I am sure I may be stepping on toesies here. But I just am curious as to what all our views on this are. You have just read mine. I want to read …….yours.:cool::cool:

Jez

Nope - this isn't always the case. I've seen a few ladies at the discounted review rate and their performance was lazy and was average at best. Know what I did? I didn't review them at all and just enjoyed my discount. If she's too lazy to do well for a review - I'm too lazy to write one.

Of course the ladies who offer this will be on their A game. It’s a review.

Jez

Nope - this isn't always the case. I've seen a few ladies at the discounted review rate and their performance was lazy and was average at best. Know what I did? I didn't review them at all and just enjoyed my discount. If she's too lazy to do well for a review - I'm too lazy to write one.

But, wouldn't you want the other potential clients to know? ehhhh no bueno

Jez, I can see your opinion as being valid. I think I may have even been guilty of offering a review special. hmmm... now I wonder.

I guess, my thoughts are that if you give crappy service, you give crappy service, and if you give good, you give good. Since I am on the giving end, I don't know if I can give a fair answer. All I can say, is that I don't care if you are rich, poor, ugly, hot, book 1/2 hour, or 2 days, service should be consistent. These guys are spending quite a bit of cash here.

A paid for review is no more worthless than any other. There are plenty of unpaid for fake reviews.

Yeah - I did it only twice and in hindsight it probably wasn't the best decision. The last time this happened to me, I wrote the average review and told her that I posted it. In the review I was clear that she used old pictures and didn't look like her advertised photos. I was explicit on her average performance.

Hopefully she read it and realized she has to be fair about her photos and better at her enthusiasm.

Personally, I'll write a review regardless of a discount offered. If the service was not good, the review will not be good. Why would I want to go back? :confused:

How about give discounts AND great service, the glowing reviews are sure to follow.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

If the lady know your personal info, it's best to keep things to yourself. At least keep it UTR.

Well, it at least beats the heck out of waiving a "membership" fee in exchange for reviews, as is done at a certain well known site. Leads to not just inaccurate but pure fabrication reviews. Like say a review of a long time and still retired lady. At least those are easy to spot - equally fabricated ones of active ladies, well ...... casts a shadow on the whole review concept. Just my opinion. But less problem with the lady offering than the john "requesting" - not that such would ever happen. :rolleyes:

Jezys absolutely right. Paid reviews are immoral, wrong and boarder line illegal.

Jezys absolutely right. Paid reviews are immoral, wrong and boarder line illegal.

I don't think I've ever gotten a reviewer discount. Maybe once? But if I did, I'd be happy to take it. And my review would be honest regardless of the discount. And I would mention the discount in the review.

There's nothing immoral, wrong, or illegal about that.

I don't think I've ever gotten a reviewer discount. Maybe once? But if I did, I'd be happy to take it. And my review would be honest regardless of the discount. And I would mention the discount in the review.

There's nothing immoral, wrong, or illegal about that.

I never said it was illegal. It should be though. So you think there is nothing wrong with objectifying all these women with your sexist reviews on anal and blowjobs? No wonder these ladies don't believe in love.

So you think there is nothing wrong with objectifying all these women with your sexist reviews on anal and blowjobs? No wonder these ladies don't believe in love.

Are you being serious?

First of all, most ladies want reviews because it's good for business. Second of all, I describe the encounter as accurately as I can. If that's objectifying and sexist, then that's in the eye of the reader. And finally, what the hell does love have to do with anything in this discussion?

I thought you were implying that reviewer discounts are immoral because there's an incentive to write a better-than-deserved review. I don't agree with that but it's at least a reasonable argument one could make.

Edited by fork
clarity

I never said it was illegal. It should be though. So you think there is nothing wrong with objectifying all these women with your sexist reviews on anal and blowjobs? No wonder these ladies don't believe in love.

Objectifying??

Sexist??

Love??

Holy crap, you covered a lot of WTF ground there....

Objectifying??

Sexist??

Love??

Holy crap, you covered a lot of WTF ground there....

Lol - Macho's posts always crack me up. No need to ever take him too seriously guys. Lol

Aloha

Years ago, back in TOB early days, I do not believe anyone offered a discount for a review. What was a common practice was a simple note of gratitude AFTER a review was written with a discount on a future get together within a certain time frame.

This was NOT advertised and was more like "thank you please accept this as my way of saying thank-you".

Today, the game has changed and yes, it is "unfortunately" a game. Out of all the appointments of those who offer discounts before, how many actually write a review? Answering that question on a discussion board, unfortunately, will not get an honest answer either.

Well, that is my .02

Aloha

One persons fantastic can be one persons average, i thought reviews were more or less to see if they are legite or worth seeing.

Sometimes offering a reviewer discount is merely an advertising gimmick.

Do not read too much into providers offering a reviewer discount. It is just marketing 101.

When I first got started in the hobby, I saw a provider offering the review discount. She had lots of reviews but I thought what the heck, so I took her up on the offer.

Silly me. Her feminine wiles pulled me in. Little did she know how much I enjoyed myself.:P

I've seen the ads for discounts for a review. Not sure I think it is necessarily a conflict of interest. If you book an appointment with a discount for review special, i don't think it means she bought a good review. The appointment is first and the transaction happens first, she has no control over the review since it is written later. If I had an average or bad experience the discount would affect my review. If I had an average or less than average experience, I would not tend to write a good review just because of the discount. Since the appointment and connection was less than stellar, I probably will not be coming back. There are lots of great ladies here and time is better spent visiting them than hoping a good review will make a return visit better or great.

Totally Agree- Bad Service is Bad Service- Good Service(Might Come Back)- Above Average(Ill Be Back In an Hour!) Regardless you should have consistence service, It shouldn't matter whom you are seeing or what kind of day you are having! It should NOT Interact with your JOB 2 please!

I am sure I may be stepping on toesies here. But I just am curious as to what all our views on this are. You have just read mine. I want to read …….yours.:cool::cool: Jez

Jez, I personally dont think your stepping on anyones toes. ;)Everyone has their own opinion. I would consider it an incentive to help another provider become legit or an update on her looks or something like that.

Its up to reveiwer to be honest when he writes the review. ;)

Yes Sir, Katie Creame was a great example for me. Fake, Fake, Fake all the way!

If I do a review in exchange for a discount, it will be honest. If the lady wasn't any good, I'll say so - and I won't care, because I won't see her again.

However.....if she was really good and went above and beyond only because she knows I'll review, I wouldn't know that.

As for feeling obligated to review, I do it so others will have useful information. I appreciate reviews from others, and I'm happy to return the favor.

I have only had one discount for a review. It was a fairly new girl trying to get a few more reviews on her record. The funny thing was that it wasn't a very good session. It was the kind I would not normally have reviewed because it wasn't bad, but just wasn't anything special. I felt bad writing a so so review after getting a discount, but I just reported what happened.

Jez, I can see your opinion as being valid. I think I may have even been guilty of offering a review special. hmmm... now I wonder.

I guess, my thoughts are that if you give crappy service, you give crappy service, and if you give good, you give good. Since I am on the giving end, I don't know if I can give a fair answer. All I can say, is that I don't care if you are rich, poor, ugly, hot, book 1/2 hour, or 2 days, service should be consistent. These guys are spending quite a bit of cash here.

Perhaps give a discount on the next appt after his review is posted. ;)

Aloha

Years ago, back in TOB early days, I do not believe anyone offered a discount for a review. What was a common practice was a simple note of gratitude AFTER a review was written with a discount on a future get together within a certain time frame.

This was NOT advertised and was more like "thank you please accept this as my way of saying thank-you".

Today, the game has changed and yes, it is "unfortunately" a game. Out of all the appointments of those who offer discounts before, how many actually write a review? Answering that question on a discussion board, unfortunately, will not get an honest answer either.

Well, that is my .02

Aloha

I have had this happen before, where I post a review, then I get a "thank you" text from the provider in which she offers a discount for the next time around. Definitely am on board with that (although I would rather that the provider be willing to provide a good reference if I need one, which is more valuable than a discount).

With Private Connection (2001-2010), we offered a FRD (Frequent Reviewer Discount) of $50 off a session. The discount was available to all clients who had posted more than 10 reviews of anyone, on any review board.

They could only hold onto their FRD status is they continued to post reviews of their sessions with the Private Connection providers.... and we had no problem with honest reviews.

It really wasn't a big deal, and although I can see where conflicts could arise I really don't think we had any issue. Good providers get good reviews, and we only worked with good providers. ;)

If I do a review in exchange for a discount, it will be honest. If the lady wasn't any good, I'll say so - and I won't care, because I won't see her again.

However.....if she was really good and went above and beyond only because she knows I'll review, I wouldn't know that.

As for feeling obligated to review, I do it so others will have useful information. I appreciate reviews from others, and I'm happy to return the favor.

If the hobby had a Medal of honor, this would earn it. if every reviewer thought like this, we would have the best review forum around.

Paul, if we still had a rep button I would be clicking on it.