Smokeless

Avoiding attention at a hotel

100 posts in this topic

May not be as much of an issue with exterior entrances, but to me nothing screams "I DON'T BELONG HERE" like knocking on a hotel door. If it's my room and I have a key, why would I knock on my own door?:confused:

You may be traveling with someone else and left your key or a business trip and going to the room of another person on the same trip. I have knocked on my own door and the doors of friends multiple times for the reasons listed. Besides most hotel hallways are pretty much empty most of the time.:)

And yet, these hotels probably all have video cameras in every hallway. If anyone took the time to review the "tapes," they might see 8 different guys go into the same room over the course of three-or-so days.

What, she has that many boyfriends? Hmmm. Fortunately, they do not take the time to do that. At least I don't think they do.

And yet, these hotels probably all have video cameras in every hallway. If anyone took the time to review the "tapes," they might see 8 different guys go into the same room over the course of three-or-so days.

What, she has that many boyfriends? Hmmm. Fortunately, they do not take the time to do that. At least I don't think they do.

This reminds me of the last time I visited a provider at her hotel incall... I was walking down the hallway towards her room... I looked up, and lo and behold, I found myself staring directly into a surveillance camera positioned almost directly over her door. I'll admit that it caught me off guard and I became a bit paranoid. But, I figured that by the time anybody might become suspicious enough to investigate, I'll have already conducted my business and be long gone.

Another little tip is to look at the building from the outside. Often one side is tall with guest rooms and the other side is only one level, with meeting rooms. Now you know which side has the elevators.

I've knocked on the door with housekeeping standing right next to me at another room. She gave me this little smile knowing exactly what I was doing. I gave her a bigger smile and thought, wtf?!...why don't you join us!!

The housekeeper thing has happened several times. I know they know. It's just part of the game.

I think the only thing to worry about is if other guests complain. While the staff isn't going to get involved normally, if other guests complain then they might.

Some providers talk so loud about sex, clients, money, etc that I cringe. Use your freaking brain.

I've knocked on the door with housekeeping standing right next to me at another room. She gave me this little smile knowing exactly what I was doing. I gave her a bigger smile and thought, wtf?!...why don't you join us!!

The housekeeper thing has happened several times. I know they know. It's just part of the game.

The housekeeper has joined in several times!? Wow.

Just walk in the lobby like you belong there. 99% of the people walking in the lobby every day and night actually do belong there. I sometimes carry a type of briefcase so it looks like my stay is business. Sometimes it actually contains a wine bottle and an opener for the real business at hand. I have seen the maidservice multiple times and I do think if anyone knows or suspects it is them. I will look them in the eye and exchange pleasantries just like I normally do on my legit business trips.

I always dress like a Nun, they never ask me anything.........HEHE!...;-)

You are anythin but a none...I mean Nun.:P

You are anythin but a none...I mean Nun.:P

-Keep it up Sparkey and I'll strap myself to your face and make you say the alphabet..... :D

-to keep on topic, To the OP-I've never had any issues with hotel staff ever.......they might give a look, just keep it moving.....O. "I've knocked on the wrong door before" :rolleyes:....that was to funny

just try and have fun.....that's what its all about.

The housekeeper has joined in several times!? Wow.

Yeah...that didn't quite read correctly. :o I do wish it might of happened a couple of times though.

I have always just walked in like I belonged there. If the front desk staff looked up I would say hi. Just last week had a clerk say hi on my way in. Said hi back and headed for the elevator. I did see cameras in the hall as I made my way to the room. When I left he asked if I had a good time? I responded what? He then quoted the room number and said he was making notes. Nothing will come of it but I won't visit anyone there again.

I have always just walked in like I belonged there. If the front desk staff looked up I would say hi. Just last week had a clerk say hi on my way in. Said hi back and headed for the elevator. I did see cameras in the hall as I made my way to the room. When I left he asked if I had a good time? I responded what? He then quoted the room number and said he was making notes. Nothing will come of it but I won't visit anyone there again.

Well, that's interesting. So the front desk guy actually told you the room number and said he was making notes? Seems as though not all hotel folk take a blind eye to the hobby. But then again, he can't really PROVE what's going on. You could all be going up there for knitting lessons, or sound financial advice, or a mini course on repairing scroll saws. The point is the manager does not know, and why the fuck should he care?

Well, that's interesting. So the front desk guy actually told you the room number and said he was making notes? Seems as though not all hotel folk take a blind eye to the hobby. But then again, he can't really PROVE what's going on. You could all be going up there for knitting lessons, or sound financial advice, or a mini course on repairing scroll saws. The point is the manager does not know, and why the fuck should he care?

Yep. That clerk is just a dick, ignore him.

In general, everybody's correct, hotels don't care, and probably don't even know--especially larger hotels. In general, just act like you belong there.

But still be aware of potentially bad situations--after all, remember the Louisville hotel bust from some years ago? Nosy manager called the cops...

How conservatively is she attired?

If I come to your room, I will be wearing regular cloths. Nothing that looks even remotely like a hooker. Not even heels.

Well, he can't really PROVE what's going on. You could all be going up there for knitting lessons, or sound financial advice, or a mini course on repairing scroll saws.

No one goes for french lessons anymore ??

I was going to visit with Let’s say my cousin and when I got off the elevator I could hear her talking to room service asking for a larg quantity of towels and little soaps. I visited with my cousin and left and I don’t do the hotel thing again. I almost cramped my pants one time when the young lady told me the bath room had her friends in it I assumed she was sharing the room and the whole time all I could think of there are cops in the bathroom. all I could tell them is she is my sister and cousin and we were just talking. Lol

Never thought of pretending to talk to someone on the phone...I can barely walk and chew gum, so it might be a little difficult. I usually wear a hat and dark sunglasses.

On 4/21/2014 at 11:20 AM, JRWolfe said:

No one goes for french lessons anymore ??

That's what I'm there for 😎 

There are those of us that are more than conversational, and we love to show our understanding and fluency for the tongue

just walk in like your a gust ..how had can this be :o.... You are visiting so you are a guest :P

Don't hang out in the lobby if your appt is making you wait 

Why I like large chain hotels  lobby's are big so you can blend in if you have to wait a bit .

The last time I went to a hotel incall, the front desk worker smiled and said “Welcome Back”. I did leave through the stairwell and out the side door though.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:54 AM, lurkernomore757 said:

Never thought of pretending to talk to someone on the phone...I can barely walk and chew gum, so it might be a little difficult. I usually wear a hat and dark sunglasses.

Yeah, you blend.

tgg1zMS.jpg

On 4/7/2022 at 7:54 AM, lurkernomore757 said:

I usually wear a hat and dark sunglasses.

Pro Tip #23: Tench coat should complete the disguise. 

I’ve never understood why people get so weirded out in hotels. There’s a ton of foot traffic and almost everyone looks out of place or lost. 

when was the last time anyone was approached or questioned by hotel staff while staying at or visiting a hotel? I can only remember once in the last 5 years and even then they just looked at me slightly questioningly. It was an outcall and I met the provider in the lobby because the elevators required a room key. The plan, or so I thought, was for her to spot me (I described myself and my attire) and we just make our way to the elevator. Instead she was bold and excited. I had a flash of nervousness but then realized the people working there didn’t know me or her. She was dressed casually and so was I. We hugged and kept it moving. Nothing was said, asked, or done by the hotel for any of that exchange. 

7 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

I’ve never understood why people get so weirded out in hotels. There’s a ton of foot traffic and almost everyone looks out of place or lost. 

when was the last time anyone was approached or questioned by hotel staff while staying at or visiting a hotel? I can only remember once in the last 5 years and even then they just looked at me slightly questioningly. It was an outcall and I met the provider in the lobby because the elevators required a room key. The plan, or so I thought, was for her to spot me (I described myself and my attire) and we just make our way to the elevator. Instead she was bold and excited. I had a flash of nervousness but then realized the people working there didn’t know me or her. She was dressed casually and so was I. We hugged and kept it moving. Nothing was said, asked, or done by the hotel for any of that exchange. 

Agree.  I think it is hard to arouse suspicion simply by walking through the lobby to the elevator, even carrying flowers and Starbucks (have done so more thsn once).    Of course, stopping at the desk to inquire about the room number for Trixie Delight might generate a bit of a response.....

12 minutes ago, sb1212 said:

Agreed.  I'm hard and aroused simply by walking through the lobby to the elevator, carrying flowers and Starbucks).  thinking about Trixie Delight generating a bit of an engorged response to the nether region....

#ifixeditforyou

6 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:
6 hours ago, Kaduk said:

#ifixeditforyou

Nice touch, Kaduk!

I've not had any problems visiting ladies in a hotel.  I used to travel a lot for business and am so comfortable in hotels that I just walk in, give a nod to the front desk person, smile and head to the room with wonderful anticipation.  Heck, I sometimes even chat with folks on the elevator, while thinking...."If they only knew !!"  ;)