Exquisite *KLN*

If Sick Cancel And Stay Home

23 posts in this topic

I can't begin to stress this enough!!! Please stay home and cancel if you are sick. Just because you may be feeling better doesn't mean you can't pass it. I am so tired of men showing up, kissing me, and then starting coughing and saying, "Oh, I was sick like two days ago, but I am better now." No, you aren't!!! It isn't fair to us. I did nothing to you to make you want to come and get me sick. Or the next person. So please have some respect! 

I went down last Wednesday, and I can just now get out of bed and function. And because of this, I couldn't answer my messages. So I look like a flake, and I am by far that. 

I apologize to those who have contacted me and haven't heard back. I am working as fast as I can to respond. :) 

Please keep the sickness at home. Just looking to have FUN! :) 

~Kisses, Nikki~

I can’t believe there are guys who would see a lady either dirty or sick!!

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Exquisite *KLN* said:

I can't begin to stress this enough!!! Please stay home and cancel if you are sick. Just because you may be feeling better doesn't mean you can't pass it. I am so tired of men showing up, kissing me, and then starting coughing and saying, "Oh, I was sick like two days ago, but I am better now." No, you aren't!!! It isn't fair to us. I did nothing to you to make you want to come and get me sick. Or the next person. So please have some respect! 

I went down last Wednesday, and I can just now get out of bed and function. And because of this, I couldn't answer my messages. So I look like a flake, and I am by far that. 

I apologize to those who have contacted me and haven't heard back. I am working as fast as I can to respond. :) 

~Kisses, Nikki~

That sucks and I'm sorry it happened to you. Hard to believe he had the nerve to show up with symptoms and then admit to you that he's been sick, after engaging in activities with you. 

I've had to cancel a time or two over the years because I got sick. And I've had ladies cancel a number of times too for the same reason. It's a courtesy that is always appreciated both way.

But the questions is, and I've heard it argued both ways, do you return their deposit if they cancel because they are sick?  What if it's within 24 hours? What if they cancel day of because they woke up sick?  Do they owe the whole amount?  Does the lady owe the guy something if she cancels?

Don't get me wrong. Whatever the agreement, I think when one party is sick, they should most definitely cancel no matter what the cost. It's just a good idea to know that going in.

Edited by Mustang87

1 hour ago, Mustang87 said:

That sucks and I'm sorry it happened to you. Hard to believe he had the nerve to show up with symptoms and then admit to you that he's been sick, after engaging in activities with you. 

I've had to cancel a time or two over the years because I got sick. And I've had ladies cancel a number of times too for the same reason. It's a courtesy that is always appreciated both way.

But the questions is, and I've heard it argued both ways, do you return their deposit if they cancel because they are sick?  What if it's within 24 hours? What if they cancel day of because they woke up sick?  Do they owe the whole amount?  Does the lady owe the guy something if she cancels?

Don't get me wrong. Whatever the agreement, I think when one party is sick, they should most definitely cancel no matter what the cost. It's just a good idea to know that going in.

Can you really be certain someone got you sick? True story, I was perfectly healthy and in good shape. Caught a plane from Vegas and I sat next to this guy who coughed the entire trip back to Denver. I asked to be moved but the plane was full and NOBODY wanted to switch with me and I didn't blame them. He was bent over with his head down and just messed up. No joke, when I got to Denver and my friend picked me up, I was coughing just like him. If you ask me, I think he gave me COVID but in all honesty, I could have caught it just about anywhere. 

6 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

I’m not taking deposits on most calls, but if I did, I would apply it to the rescheduled visit. 

True story, it’s my bday today, and I woke up not good. Canceled my bday lunch, and my afternoon hobby meeting. Yes, I offered a discount. It’s only fair. It happens… boo

14 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

Caught a plane from Vegas and I sat next to this guy who coughed the entire trip back to Denver. I got to Denver and  I was coughing just like him.

That's a Tough Situation for Both Passengers Trying To Get Back Home. A co-worker had a routine of taking the medicine Airbourne before any flights. She swore by the stuff. She said that it helped prevent exposure while in close contact flight cabins.

10 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

I’m not taking deposits on most calls, but if I did, I would apply it to the rescheduled visit. 

True story, it’s my bday today, and I woke up not good. Canceled my bday lunch, and my afternoon hobby meeting. Yes, I offered a discount. It’s only fair. It happens… boo

Happy Birthday Baby girl!!! Feel better soon.

Over the years I have had to cancel a few time because of being sick.  And have been cancelled on a few times when the lady lets me know she is ill.  Every time a reschedule was accomplished.  I am grateful when a lady lets me know she is sick.  And so far, each lady has been thankful that I've let them know I've been sick.  I want each encounter to be the best possible and that is not the case if either of us is feeling under the weather.

9 hours ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

Happy Birthday Baby girl!!! Feel better soon.

Thanks so much Sweetpea! You know it! I’m doing sexy fun now! Yay!

18 hours ago, mtnman said:

That's a Tough Situation for Both Passengers Trying To Get Back Home. A co-worker had a routine of taking the medicine Airbourne before any flights. She swore by the stuff. She said that it helped prevent exposure while in close contact flight cabins.

I agree, it was my worst nightmare because I try not to judge people but I couldn't help myself. All I could think of was, I am going to catch whatever he has but at the same time I felt sorry for the guy because he was in bad shape. I wish that I had your co-worker on that plane with me because I was miserably sick as soon as the plane touched down in Denver..............................

On 3/11/2024 at 10:35 PM, Audrey Astor said:

Late Happy Birthday Audrey!

Hope you’re feeling better today.

Nikki:  I could not agree with you more.  In January, I came down with the J1N strain of Covid.  I had an appointment scheduled with a well-known, Denver provider who I had seen in the past.  I informed her two days before that I had Covid and would not be able to see her.  She became upset and insisted that I pay her 100% of her fee, or she would BL me and never see me again.  She doesn't list a cancellation fee, and since she hosts out of her own place, she wasn't losing out on a hotel booking fee.  I informed her again that I had Covid, and that if she contracted it from me, she would lose a lot more money because she would most likely have to cancel her upcoming tour.  She was pissed and did end up blocking me.  I feel 48 hours was more than enough notice, given that I had Covid.  Oh well. 

22 hours ago, Colorado Chef said:

Nikki:  I could not agree with you more.  In January, I came down with the J1N strain of Covid.  I had an appointment scheduled with a well-known, Denver provider who I had seen in the past.  I informed her two days before that I had Covid and would not be able to see her.  She became upset and insisted that I pay her 100% of her fee, or she would BL me and never see me again.  She doesn't list a cancellation fee, and since she hosts out of her own place, she wasn't losing out on a hotel booking fee.  I informed her again that I had Covid, and that if she contracted it from me, she would lose a lot more money because she would most likely have to cancel her upcoming tour.  She was pissed and did end up blocking me.  I feel 48 hours was more than enough notice, given that I had Covid.  Oh well. 

48 hours is more than enough notice for a cancellation by either party.

If she blocked you for that, you dodged a bullet.

Interesting topic!  I don’t require a deposit in most circumstances but if a person, either a client or provider, is sick the logical choice is to cancel the appointment. Qualifying that by saying it has to be done 48 or 24 hours in advance is kind of ridiculous because how many times have you woken up in the morning not feeling well??  If a client of mine isn’t feeling well, or I’m not, let’s just be honest with each other and inform each other.

Getting sick is nothing that anybody can control and I just appreciate the heads up. 

I think this gets a little more complicated if there is a deposit involved.  The easy answer is reschedule immediately and let the deposit stand.  But.....what if the client asks for the deposit back saying he will reschedule when he feels better or has a better handle on his schedule? What if the companion senses that the client is not being truthful (even  when truthful, "I am sick" can sound a bit fishy)  and wants to charge a cancelation fee or keep all/ part of the deposit? 

So a client is travelling on business and makes an appointment and pays a deposite.  The appointment was made for the last night he is in town and really has no idea when/if he will be back.  He calls his date at noon the day of an 8:00pm appointment and cancels because he is ill.  The provider does not believe him.  NOW WHAT?

22 hours ago, sb1212 said:

I think this gets a little more complicated if there is a deposit involved.  The easy answer is reschedule immediately and let the deposit stand.  But.....what if the client asks for the deposit back saying he will reschedule when he feels better or has a better handle on his schedule? What if the companion senses that the client is not being truthful (even  when truthful, "I am sick" can sound a bit fishy)  and wants to charge a cancelation fee or keep all/ part of the deposit? 

That's why a companion needs professional, written, and clearly communicated Policies and Practices...  If we are running a business, running this as we would any legitimate business is necessary to avoid misunderstandings and potential knuckleheads.  Clear deposit policies are needed too. (if not listed on her website, communicated in writing 1:1 pre-deposit taking)  

If one does not wish to set a professional deposit policy up, that's fine, it's their biz...but then they should not be taking deposits. 

Clear expectations for both parties and integrity avoids drama and should clear all questions up.  Business Foundations 101

On 3/20/2024 at 9:57 AM, mustang said:

So a client is travelling on business and makes an appointment and pays a deposite.  The appointment was made for the last night he is in town and really has no idea when/if he will be back.  He calls his date at noon the day of an 8:00pm appointment and cancels because he is ill.  The provider does not believe him.  NOW WHAT?

I think the answer is to send his deposit back. It’s not necessary to be an asshole. If he sent the deposit, he had good intentions.I appreciate the heads up as I don’t want to get sick. 

On 3/11/2024 at 3:37 PM, Exquisite *KLN* said:

~Kisses, Nikki~

I second this Nikki and commend you for this post. It's not only just for my own health but the health of the other clients that I see . For I'm not trying to be sick or get anyone sick . 

So, interesting case study. Unfortunately I broke my foot this morning. Dog toys on stairs in the dark is not a good combination. I have an appointment with a yl for early next week. I'm going to reach out to her shortly about my injury. Not 100% sure if I want to cancel yet or not, but want to give her a heads up. More than 48 hours out. Will I need a doctor's note? I know this lady well and don't expect an issue. But does present an interesting situation. What if this happened morning of?

9 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

So, interesting case study. Unfortunately I broke my foot this morning. Dog toys on stairs in the dark is not a good combination. I have an appointment with a yl for early next week. I'm going to reach out to her shortly about my injury. Not 100% sure if I want to cancel yet or not, but want to give her a heads up. More than 48 hours out. Will I need a doctor's note? I know this lady well and don't expect an issue. But does present an interesting situation. What if this happened morning of?

A week from now?  Hmmm... I'd keep the appt and just be careful and creative with the play.  After I broke my ankle a few years back I went like 10 days before an appt.

On 3/29/2024 at 8:39 PM, FuriousWeasel said:

A week from now?  Hmmm... I'd keep the appt and just be careful and creative with the play.  After I broke my ankle a few years back I went like 10 days before an appt.

You are creative as well as original @FuriousWeasel 

On 3/29/2024 at 11:32 AM, Mustang87 said:

Sorry to hear about your broken ankle and hope your recovery goes well.  When the cast comes off, the real work starts (physical therapy).  I went through that many years ago and did my suggested PT about 90% of the time and it fully healed.  It just took more time to get strength and flexibility back than I expected.  Take good care of yourself and hope you will be able to make your fun encounter.  It may do wonders for your "recovery".  😉