decafnaetd

Vaccines are sexy!

88 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

My lovely wife and myself are 3 weeks outside of our second shot. Me? No ill side effects from either shot (Phizer), I might have made the needle rusty. Her? She got some flu symptoms for a couple of days, nothing serious though ..All is good now with the two of us. If you are on the fence about getting vaccinated, my advice is this. Get one whenever you can, a day of feeling sick is better than getting COVID like our grandsons and granddaughters with 105 fevers and trips to the emergency room (they are 4 through 10) all of them caught it and were very sick for about a week. Thank God as they were lil kids they came out of it unscathed. Their parents? Still dealing with COVID repercussions. But sounds like everything is going to be good.

Glad it went well for you and sorry your wife had flu-like symptoms for a couple of days.  I had the same reaction she did from my second shot.  Also very glad that your grandkids are doing okay and it is a shame your kids are still dealing with COVID repercussions.  My old boss is a COVID long timer.  He is still feeling the effects 5 months later.

On 4/29/2021 at 8:39 AM, average1 said:

Glad it went well for you and sorry your wife had flu-like symptoms for a couple of days.  I had the same reaction she did from my second shot.  Also very glad that your grandkids are doing okay and it is a shame your kids are still dealing with COVID repercussions.  My old boss is a COVID long timer.  He is still feeling the effects 5 months later.

Thanks bud for your reply.

Sorry your old boss still feeling Covid symptoms.... everyone should know sometimes it effects some people for a long time...I'm 3 weeks out from the Phizer shot and still kicking as well as my beautiful wife, we are both are tankful we got our two shots and are wondering why some other people are hesitant? I'm happy to report my 6 grandkids are now feeling better and feeling good with their Mom and Dad.

13 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Thanks bud for your reply.

Sorry your old boss still feeling Covid symptoms.... everyone should know sometimes it effects some people for a long time...I'm 3 weeks out from the Phizer shot and still kicking as well as my beautiful wife, we are both are tankful we got our two shots and are wondering why some other people are hesitant? I'm happy to report my 6 grandkids are now feeling better and feeling good with their Mom and Dad.

Well there are plenty of reasons why people are hesitant but when said outloud there are others that start to criticize and ridicule because THEY believe the reasons are all nonsense, invalid, or conspiracy bs... so it's best just to leave it what it is, a personal choice and to each their own

On 2/4/2021 at 7:00 PM, lustybustygina said:

I'm not sure I will get it  just yet ...even if I can at some point 

well I did it and it was no big deal at all .. now I will grow a 3rd Boob lol

On 5/24/2021 at 7:37 PM, lustybustygina said:

.. now I will grow a 3rd Boob lol

I started to picture a 3rd boob you you Gina ... but I was afraid my brain would explode!! :P

9 hours ago, SixtiesDude said:

I started to picture a 3rd boob you you Gina ... but I was afraid my brain would explode!! :P

There is no room for a 3rd lol

On 2/2/2021 at 3:13 PM, Phil-anderer said:

Trust me, whatever side effects (which are real) from the vaccine is a pittance of what SARS-COV2 disease can do.  I know this from personal experience, but I'm also in healthcare.

Get vaccinated when you can, people!

100%Vaccinated  and experienced no side effects 

16 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

100%Vaccinated  and experienced no side effects 

Glad to hear that you had no side effects.  The second dose kicked my butt, but was MUCH better than getting COVID.  I've lost 6 folks because of COVID and have a couple of other friends who are "long hauler's".

On 8/23/2021 at 1:55 PM, average1 said:

Glad to hear that you had no side effects.  The second dose kicked my butt, but was MUCH better than getting COVID.  I

Curious as to which vaccine everyone took.My choice was Pfizer, also known for making Viagria. So you know what side effect I was hoping  for and didn't get.

Of course it will be Pfizer that knocks out Covid, since they can raise the dead. 😁

Pfizer for me.  Was happenstance.  I don't think there's a significant difference between Pfizer and Moderna, and most likely Pfizer is ahead of the game from a regulatory standpoint because they've been a huge player for decades.  But there's a TON of data out there - over 2 billion mRNA doses given worldwide.  This appears to be one of the safest vaccines ever created thus far.  Please, everyone - get vaccinated.  While it's true that the Delta variant is more robust, the fact remains that vaccination is the only way out of this pandemic.

Mine were Moderna.  I expect to get a booster sometime in the future.  My concern is the rising numbers and folks (including me) letting our guards down with regard to hand washing, mask wearing and physical distancing.  I don't want to go back to where we were last year and the early part of this year.  I know I want to do things that reduce my risk, but as a member of society, I know I need to do what also reduces the risk for other people.  This is a public health issue that continues to cause challenges for so many of us.

Reasons to vaccinate:

1) You won’t get [snip] ...Covid-19 - FALSE ( Look at all the break-thru cases.)

2) You won’t have to wear a mask - FALSE (I’m out East right now; everybody has to wear one.)

3) Get you dose & be done with it - FALSE (Prepare for annual boosters.)

On 8/26/2021 at 6:27 PM, Bit Banger said:

Reasons to vaccinate:

1) You won’t get Cocid-19 - FALSE ( Look at all the break-thru cases.)

2) You won’t have to wear a mask - FALSE (I’m out East right now; everybody has to wear one.)

3) Get you dose & be done with it - FALSE (Prepare for annual boosters.)

real reasons to vaccinate:

1. it is the only way the pandemic ends or becomes largely manageable

2. You will be MUCH less likely to get covid

3. If you do get covid after vaccine, it will likely be far less severe than if you had not been vaccinated

4. Over 600,000 dead in USA alone from the disease that the vaccine protects against 

5. Need booster once every 8 to 12 months - so what, worth it.

6. Makes it MUCH less likely that you may give it to someone you love/care about

BTW you don't have to get vaccinated against the Wuhan Flu because there is no such thing.  You can get a flu shot for the real flu while you are there

Yep, if in an area whre it is raging still should wear a mask.  (wwwwaaaaaaaaaaa I don't wanna! Stupid covid!  It doesn't even exist!  A democrat wants me to! no!, wwwwaaaaaa boo hoo )

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Wuhan Flu

"The WHO issued guidelines a couple of years ago warning against naming diseases after geographic locations, or animals (swine flu, bird flu, monkey pox), or membership organizations or occupations (Legionnaires disease). With regard to SARS-CoV-2, the WHO has warned that certain words and language may have a negative meaning for people and fuel stigmatizing attitudes.

Swine flu is coming! We’re all gonna die!

Bird flu is coming. We’re all going to die!

SARS is coming - we’re all going to die.

Ebola is coming …

Yet Covid hasn’t been much worse than the 68/69 Hong Kong flu. (Check Wiki’s list of pandemics.) What’s the main difference? Covid was politicized in a concerted effort to destroy the incumbent’s image and economy.  Now those who tasted power have become addicted.

—-

I recently visited Mount Vernon, the home of George Washington, our 1st President. Twice this man held the ultimate power in this country. Twice he surrendered it when his job was finished.  He personally put down an revolt when Congress failed to pay his troops.

There was a man of honor!

@BitBanger  If you want to talk politics, and old presidents that let their teeth rot out.  There is a section for that at the bottom of this page.

This thread is for Sexy Vaccinated people only! :P  

23 hours ago, average1 said:

Mine were Moderna.  I expect to get a booster sometime in the future.  My concern is the rising numbers and folks (including me) letting our guards down with regard to hand washing, mask wearing and physical distancing.  I don't want to go back to where we were last year and the early part of this year.  I know I want to do things that reduce my risk, but as a member of society, I know I need to do what also reduces the risk for other people.  This is a public health issue that continues to cause challenges for so many of us.

I got Moderna too.  You are not average, but vaccinated and sexy!!

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Y

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Yet Covid hasn’t been much worse than the 68/69 Hong Kong flu. (Check Wiki’s list of pandemics.) What’s the main difference?

Actual numbers:

disease                         worldwide deaths                  US deaths                fatality rate

Hong Kong flu               1 million                                 33,800                       0.5 percent

1957 Asian flu               1.1 million                              116,000                    (no reliable estimate)

covid19 so far                4.5 million                              652,000                    2 percent

1918 Spanish                 50 million                               675,000                    (no reliable estimate)

Soooooooo  sorry but covid19 is MUCH worse than the Hong Kong flu remotely was, especially given lock downs, vaccines and better medical treatments working to hold down covid19 numbers.  Just freaking get vaccinated and quit inventing excuses! 

BTW the US deaths from covid compared to worldwide numbers and compared to percentages from prior pandemics is pathetic.  IMHO due in large part to anti-mask, anti-vax, anti-science disinformation and foolish choices.

I heard an interesting term for the unvaccinated the other day - the placebo group.

10 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

I heard an interesting term for the unvaccinated the other day - the placebo group.

Since the pandemic started,  I have heard several terms for the un-vaccinated.  Some examples are: sick, hospital patients, survivors, and corpses. Over 4.5 million corpses worldwide in that group. Nothing sexy about that.

Edited by Caressa Duval
typo

14 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

"ventilator test dummies" is another interesting term.

E97q4HTVEAQjolX.png

It's a damn shame that whatever side you fall on, you won't get the other side to move their position.  For the record, the vaccine was never, ever 100% a cure-all for Covid.  What it did do is reduce the chances of receiving it and/or possibly dying with a 84%-96%+ efficacy.  Yes, people who have the vaccine have been hospitalized and very few died from it, but out of the nearly 190MM people who have had the vaccine, less than one percent have died, according to the CDC.

By the way, who here has had polio recently?

On 8/30/2021 at 10:53 AM, BigBaldBlk said:

E97q4HTVEAQjolX.png

It's a damn shame that whatever side you fall on, you won't get the other side to move their position.  For the record, the vaccine was never, ever 100% a cure-all for Covid.  What it did do is reduce the chances of receiving it and/or possibly dying with a 84%-96%+ efficacy.  Yes, people who have the vaccine have been hospitalized and very few died from it, but out of the nearly 190MM people who have had the vaccine, less than one percent have died, according to the CDC.

Or smallpox?

On 8/30/2021 at 10:53 AM, BigBaldBlk said:

E97q4HTVEAQjolX.png

BBB, How's things with you, man?

I don't think we've ever spoken, so, hello. It's nice to meet you.

A question: what do you know about Marjorie Taylor Greene -- is MTG vaccinated? I'm hoping so, 'cause then it fits with a fantasy of mine. After all, that big mouth of hers has got to be good at something, (as long as she isn't talking.)

By the way, we can add many more to your list soon. Not soon enough, but soon, nonetheless. I love Biden's simple statement the other day: "We, who have been vaccinated, have been very patient, but it's running out." When the Florida hopeful threatened his lawsuit yesterday, it was even better: "Bring it on."

Stay cool. Stay healthy.

I have administered a total of 3 COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer) this year and all 3 experiments went smoothly.

On 1/30/2021 at 11:14 PM, decafnaetd said:

Has anyone had the vaccine yet? Just curious how your experience was with it. I'm not eligible yet, so I haven't gotten one. 

But if a lady gets one, she ought to put it in her ad. It would totally increase my comfort in setting up an appointment!

I agree With you !

On 1/30/2021 at 0:14 PM, decafnaetd said:

Has anyone had the vaccine yet? Just curious how your experience was with it. I'm not eligible yet, so I haven't gotten one. 

But if a lady gets one, she ought to put it in her ad. It would totally increase my comfort in setting up an appointment!

I have put it in all my ads that I'm vaxxed besides on tryst they don't let you list any medical info on your about me