2Big

I Don't Want My Dad To Become President

36 posts in this topic

Stuttering Joe Biden and Heart Attack Bernie Sanders are, roughtly, the same age as my dad.

Both show signs of serious mental (Biden) and physical (Sanders).

Is this really the best the opposition can throw into the ring agains Orange Toupet?

And the Democrats still don't get it. Here is a Warren defender claiming:

"nstead, voters had watched too much cable news. Olenick said, “The fact that Democrats are obsessing over electability and ending up with probably a pretty weak candidate is the greatest irony I can think of. Versus someone who would have taken down Trump and cut him into little pieces.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/campaign-chronicles/the-rage-and-sorrow-of-the-elizabeth-warren-supporter

This quote fails to understand - just like in 2016 - that Orange Toupet is immune to facts. So you can't "cut him down" during a debate. 

Instead, he's built an almost invincible death star of misinformation:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/03/the-2020-disinformation-war/605530/

led by this guy:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/03/09/the-man-behind-trumps-facebook-juggernaut

The key weapon are memes: both Biden and Sanders are so easy to memify, it's almost laughable.

WE'RE ALL SCREWED 2020....Heads I Win, Tails you Lose!.. but I would rather laugh than cry...

... Thanks to Trevor at CCentral--- What if Biden and Trump debated? 

10 hours ago, Seeker5280 said:

Let’s be real about things to come. Is there really any doubt?  Really?

Since you seem certain about the 2020 election outcome, please tell us, oh wise one. :cool:

After 2016, I gave up looking for reason and logic in national elections. 

1 hour ago, pfunk said:

Since you seem certain about the 2020 election outcome, please tell us, oh wise one. :cool:

I find myself more surprised at people being surprised Trump was elected. Did I voted for Obama both times. Did I always agree with his handling of events or policies? I sure as shit didn’t and I have no qualms with pointing out those issues. But Obama was hated for simply existing. Could you imagine the absolute outrage if he did even a sliver of what the current administration is doing? 

If I use this board as a sample many here voted for the current administration. Many Of those same people will talk about Obama being an elitist yet somehow miss the disconnect in that they voted in a billionaire that has proven time and time again, even before he was elected, that he is only concerned with the advancement of himself and his family. Decry Obama while harkening back to the days of Reagan and statesmen but remain silent and passive at the buffoonary, out right lies that you don’t even have to try to find, total an absolute disrespect, and just mockery of the public we’re currently being subjected to. It’s telling more are angered at the thought of socialized healthcare than white nationals marching through the streets and campuses. Or that calling someone out for being a racist is labeled as worse than the act of being racist...

All in the signs were there during Obama’s term things would swing this way. Now we just have to hope people realize the error and attempt to correct it. 

1 hour ago, pfunk said:

I gave up after 2012.  Even though the Republicans didn’t present the strongest of candidates.

I did not vote for Trump, nor did I vote for Clinton, but if the choice were truly binary he would have been my choice.  Her performance as Sec. of State had a vile stench.

For 2020, I will say that Trump has been good for the economy.  The Democrats have not presented a good alternative.  

Is he a buffoon?  Definitely!  I think one of the reasons he’s so hated is that he is disrupting “business as usual” in DC.  Washington needs a good house cleaning.

Throughout my adult life, the pendulum seems to swing L-R and back about every 8 years. Carter(4 yrs) & Reagan/Bush the Elder (12 yrs) being major exceptions.

It’s not just the grandpas in the race for president. All the political leadership in this country would fit right in at the local retirement home.

Nancy Pelosi — 79, soon to be 80 in a couple of weeks.

Mitch McConnell — 79.

Average age of the Senate: 61 — One of the oldest in US History.

Average age of the Supreme Court by the next election: 75.

As someone who’s aging like fine wine, I think it’s short sighted to shove older people aside as relics. I generally like the generation of people in their 70s and 80s, But I still gotta say my father wasn’t the same man at 76 as he was at 66. I am not the guy I was at 25 or 35. 

That the entire leadership class of this country could be wearing Depends under those nice suits speaks to a level of corruption and stagnation that’s part of our problems, no matter which side of the aisle you sit on.

For comparison 

Boris Johnson, UK Prime Minister: 55 

Emmanuel Macron, French Prime Minister: 42 (he won the election at when he was 39)

Katrin Jakobsdottir, Iceland, 43

Sanna Marin, head of Finland (and pretty hot!) 34

Whatever the problems those countries have — and they have some—at least they have flexible democracies with some fresh blood coming in.

12 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

I did not vote for Trump, nor did I vote for Clinton, but if the choice were truly binary he would have been my choice.  Her performance as Sec. of State had a vile stench.

For 2020, I will say that Trump has been good for the economy.      I think one of the reasons he’s so hated is that he is disrupting “business as usual” in DC.  Washington needs a good house cleaning.

Yes they do need a good house cleaning.

13 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

Obama was hated for simply existing.

they voted in a billionaire that has proven time and time again, even before he was elected, that he is only concerned with the advancement of himself and his family.

When was Obama hated ? The Dems have been using footage of him endorsing their candidates. Know a lot of people that are disappointed he didn't get a third term...but then again,they don't understand the term limits of the presidency.

As for Trump, I'ld ask you to explain your comment,but you would probably send a pm challenging me to meet at the bicycle racks.(Your last one was hysterical ).

Watching C-Span,Trump has been donating his paycheck as president to charity every quarter.He is only the third president to have done so. (Can you name the other two ? )  As for the trade deals he has made with other countries,well that sure beats raising taxes. Those deals do not benefit him or his family as their family business is in real estate as opposed to the goods now being traded .

46 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

When was Obama hated ? The Dems have been using footage of him endorsing their candidates. Know a lot of people that are disappointed he didn't get a third term...but then again,they don't understand the term limits of the presidency.

As for Trump, I'ld ask you to explain your comment,but you would probably send a pm challenging me to meet at the bicycle racks.(Your last one was hysterical ).

Watching C-Span,Trump has been donating his paycheck as president to charity every quarter.He is only the third president to have done so. (Can you name the other two ? )  As for the trade deals he has made with other countries,well that sure beats raising taxes. Those deals do not benefit him or his family as their family business is in real estate as opposed to the goods now being traded .

Bless your heart. :unsure: 

48 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

If you truly believe Obama wasn’t hated then I’ve nothing to discuss on that front because...wow. 

As for the PM...I don’t take kind to lectures or people cursing at me. There was no threat of any sort. You’d know if that were the case. I’m fairly direct and don’t mince words. Ever. With that said my last message to you still stands; do not ever come at me sideways in a private message. Do not curse at me in your leading message, a conversation you initiated unprovoked, or ever for that matter. We can keep it 100. I can be civil but if you take it upon yourself to start out hostile, which was not the first time you’ve done so, expect a less than cordial response. You don’t know me. We’re not cool like that.  So do not cross that line again. Period. 

Trump donates his paycheck. Sure. He also appointed his entire family in major political positions. He hosts delegates and international events at his establishments. Routinely. If you think he’s not making money, way more money than his presidential salary, then you are truly naive. But you know what, he’s donating that paycheck. A fact he loves to remind everyone of but quickly redirects when questioned about his major conflict of interests and profiting off tax payers. But man! That presidential paycheck donation makes up for all of that. 

Raising taxes...Obama inherited an economy in a free fall and was an absolute mess resulting in a huge swathe of boomers not being able to retire when they planned assuming they bounced back at all. A recession not seen since the Great Depression. Trump came into a strong economy. This is incredibly hard to deny. We can discuss the merits of how Obama turned it around if you’d like. 

In the words of @tide32 and my momma “bless your little heart. Yes him did. Yes him did.”

Oh! Hoover and Kennedy. Washington (Congress warned him to not do so but he refused a salary the first year in office.) Obama (who didn’t give his entire salary over the 8yrs in office. Just a third. He also donated the 1.4 million he got for his Nobel Peace Prize.) Trump still has financial stake in his Trump Organizations though at some point handed over control to his sons. All other presidents in the last 40 years or so either sold their business or put them in blind trusts. Anymore questions? 

15 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

If you truly believe Obama wasn’t hated then I’ve nothing to discuss on that front because...wow. 

As for the PM...I don’t take kind to lectures or people cursing at me. There was no threat of any sort. You’d know if that were the case. I’m fairly direct and don’t mince words. Ever. With that said my last message to you still stands; do not ever come at me sideways in a private message. Do not curse at me in your leading message, a conversation you initiated unprovoked, or ever for that matter. We can keep it 100. I can be civil but if you take it upon yourself to start out hostile, which was not the first time you’ve done so, expect a less than cordial response. You don’t know me. We’re not cool like that.  So do not cross that line again. Period. 

Trump donates his paycheck. Sure. He also appointed his entire family in major political positions. He hosts delegates and international events at his establishments. Routinely. If you think he’s not making money, way more money than his presidential salary, then you are truly naive. But you know what, he’s donating that paycheck. A fact he loves to remind everyone of but quickly redirects when questioned about his major conflict of interests and profiting off tax payers. But man! That presidential paycheck donation makes up for all of that. 

Raising taxes...Obama inherited an economy in a free fall and was an absolute mess resulting in a huge swathe of boomers not being able to retire when they planned assuming they bounced back at all. A recession not seen since the Great Depression. Trump came into a strong economy. This is incredibly hard to deny. We can discuss the merits of how Obama turned it around if you’d like. 

In the words of @tide32 and my momma “bless your little heart. Yes him did. Yes him did.”

Oh! Hoover and Kennedy. Washington (Congress warned him to not do so but he refused a salary the first year in office.) Obama (who didn’t give his entire salary over the 8yrs in office. Just a third. He also donated the 1.4 million he got for his Nobel Peace Prize.) Trump still has financial stake in his Trump Organizations though at some point handed over control to his sons. All other presidents in the last 40 years or so either sold their business or put them in blind trusts. Anymore questions? 

Ya can’t argue with people who will never forgive you for putting a “BLACK” man in there ”WHITE” house.

On 3/10/2020 at 9:28 AM, JoDoe27 said:

I find myself more surprised at people being surprised Trump was elected. Did I voted for Obama both times. Did I always agree with his handling of events or policies? I sure as shit didn’t and I have no qualms with pointing out those issues. But Obama was hated for simply existing. Could you imagine the absolute outrage if he did even a sliver of what the current administration is doing? 

If I use this board as a sample many here voted for the current administration. Many Of those same people will talk about Obama being an elitist yet somehow miss the disconnect in that they voted in a billionaire that has proven time and time again, even before he was elected, that he is only concerned with the advancement of himself and his family. Decry Obama while harkening back to the days of Reagan and statesmen but remain silent and passive at the buffoonary, out right lies that you don’t even have to try to find, total an absolute disrespect, and just mockery of the public we’re currently being subjected to. It’s telling more are angered at the thought of socialized healthcare than white nationals marching through the streets and campuses. Or that calling someone out for being a racist is labeled as worse than the act of being racist...

All in the signs were there during Obama’s term things would swing this way. Now we just have to hope people realize the error and attempt to correct it. 

Satan running against Trump. My Vote Satan. Enough said. He needs to go. He's an incredible idiot in all sense of the word.

He was voted in there as if all of the (forgive me) all of the trailer trash that happened to watch "The Apprentice" suddenly sought out their civic duty.

Rant OVER! 

On 3/10/2020 at 11:04 PM, JRWolfe said:

I find it ironic that Obama endorseD Bloomberg and Warren, but not Biden his old Vice President. 

Obama hasn’t endorsed anyone. Bloomberg ran misleading ads that implied an Obama endorsement. Not sure where you’re getting Warren, since Warren and Obama didn’t really get along.

34 minutes ago, FoxCar said:

Obama hasn’t endorsed anyone. Bloomberg ran misleading ads that implied an Obama endorsement. Not sure where you’re getting Warren, since Warren and Obama didn’t really get along.

Warren actually ran an ad on TV a few days after Bloomberg's ad appeared where Obama was praising her, just like Bloomberg's ad had Obama praising him.

No endorsements, just praise.  Here are both ads.

4 hours ago, FoxCar said:

Maybe you should watch TV, that’s where I saw it,   Thx ILW.  Maybe not endorsed but close to it, and I might add, “I approve this message” by both.  You can take it from there 

Edited by petey-9950

On 3/11/2020 at 0:25 AM, JoDoe27 said:

There was no threat of any sort. You’d know if that were the case. I’m fairly direct and don’t mince words. Ever.

Obamacare was questioned because of its built in fine. That was the only thing I saw negative towards him in his 8 years.

I still have your PM saved. You wanted to meet up and settle things man to man..you accused me of hiding behind a fake name and never being a reporter. Please look at my avatar.   

You pushed for information that was none of your business.That is why,after telling you repeatedly that I wasn't going to tell you.that I finally cursed to put an end to your questions. Don't play the innocent.

2 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Obamacare was questioned because of its built in fine. That was the only thing I saw negative towards him in his 8 years.

I still have your PM saved. You wanted to meet up and settle things man to man..you accused me of hiding behind a fake name and never being a reporter. Please look at my avatar.   

You pushed for information that was none of your business.That is why,after telling you repeatedly that I wasn't going to tell you.that I finally cursed to put an end to your questions. Don't play the innocent.

There is no playing. And yes, a lot like to get bold behind keyboards. Let’s not pretend your message didn’t start off with “what fucking business.” So if you’re talking about saved emails read yours again. And yes, I told you we could easily meet up and handle whatever attitude you had face to face. And then I proceeded to leave that conversation because I was done with it and you. Keep that same energy when you’re not behind a screen. So yeah, we can always meet up and handle things man to man. You can take that however you want. As I said, if I were threatening you, you’d know it. I never accused you of not being a reporter. I don’t actually care if you are if we’re being honest. It’s also clear but some of the other responses to your threads and post let me know that I’m not the only one receiving less than friendly private messages from you. I just don’t take blatant disrespect nonchalantly. 

The funny thing is you got pissed because I pressed you on how you went from a provider being a “red flag” to it’s all green. And even then I didn’t press. I asked, you got smart, I clarified, you got smart, I hit you with the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, you sent a PM. You just got an attitude because someone dare ask you to explain yourself for making an inflammatory remark and then switching it up. Only you didn’t answer but expected me instead to know you’re no longer actively seeing providers which with that info begs the question even more of how you suddenly changed your mind. You’re a reporter, right? I’m certain as a reporter you too would ask “how did you get to that point? There’s not much else in there to explain the change of heart.” But no. You got mad. And then took to PM to get loud.  I’ll ask whatever question I deem fit on a very open and public message board that you post to and that we’re all members of anytime I choose to. And if you curse at me or come at me sideways then yes, I’ll gladly take you to task. We don’t have to agree. We don’t have to see eye to eye. We don’t even have to speak to each other we ever met in public. Just keep it moving. But do not ever come at me stupid like that. That’s simple enough. We’re not cool. We’re not friends. You don’t know me. We do not have that rapport. 

As for a Obama, there’s life and news beyond C-Span. I applaud you for not getting sucked into some of the other “news” outlets, but feel as though if you’re under the impression people didn’t hate Obama for anything more than his socialized healthcare or some other policy then you’re not the person to have this discussion with. Or maybe you are because I could give you a perspective you’re not used to. 

Some of the wording and conversation in this thread is taking a concerning turn.

We can all disagree without discussing potential violence between each other.

40 minutes ago, petey-9950 said:

Mods, time to shut this one down.

Agreed

Well all I can say is we have a business man for president. All the years the US was footing the bills for our own dinner and drinks plus everyone else's. Now he is telling the rest of the world what their part of the tab is.  At least you can  say he has kept promises that he made. I can't remember any past presidents/politicians who have made and kept so many.  Yes,  Obama did get his healthcare into legislation.  Those of you who have a company paid insurance plan do not even know what he did to those of us who pay our own. My so called everyday plan for me alone, was made a Cadillac plan overnight. In 10 years it went from $4000 to $21,000. I had no pre-existing problems or have even been sick.  Imagine how many girls I could have seen with that cash I had to spend on it. 

Being the president is a tough job. So if you can find someone who isn't out to pad their friends or donors pockets. Who can be diplomatic, yet tell others  how they really feel. Who tries to do the best for our country, then I will vote for them. Otherwise better the devil you know.

The problem is they never leave office. So you are surprised they are all old!  If we take away  all the perks that they enjoy, maybe they might leave. If jury duty had as many, we would all be standing in line to offer our service. In reality they aren't employees of the Federal Government. They are elected. They serve a set time,  to do a job, for a set pay. I think the IRS classifies that as a  independent contractor.  I have never paid my contractors a lifetime pension, generous health care, etc. They take what they charge and that is all.

@Alex Majors
Trump still has a potential of another 4 years so he could still keep more promises. But right now he’s tracking at 18% of promises kept.

Obama for comparison finished at 48%

You can break it down to complexity where some are or would be harder to keep than others like prosecuting and locking Hillary up. The healthcare plan was a bipartisan failure. I know Obama’s name is attached to it but with like everything else I’d gladly discuss it. There’s plenty of info out there to explain how it ended up in the final form. 

Well I guess I stand corrected. But I don't consider locking up Hillary a promise. No more than there was collusion with the Russians. To be honest with as much that the Dems have done to battle him, 18 percent isn't bad. 

8 minutes ago, Alex Majors said:

Well I guess I stand corrected. But I don't consider locking up Hillary a promise. No more than there was collusion with the Russians. To be honest with as much that the Dems have done to battle him, 18 percent isn't bad. 

LOL! I agree on the Hillary thing though he did build his campaign around it. Heavily. The republicans held the house, senate, and presidency when Trump was elected. And McConnell and senate republicans pledged to block literally anything Obama attempted to push through if it was a tax cut. 

My point is they’re all equally terrible. Not just one party but all of them. Set some term limits, an age ceiling, and as you said remove perks. 

9 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

There is no playing. And yes, a lot like to get bold behind keyboards. Let’s not pretend your message didn’t start off with “what fucking business.” So if you’re talking about saved emails read yours again. And yes, I told you we could easily meet up and handle whatever attitude you had face to face. And then I proceeded to leave that conversation because I was done with it and you. Keep that same energy when you’re not behind a screen. So yeah, we can always meet up and handle things man to man. You can take that however you want. As I said, if I were threatening you, you’d know it. I never accused you of not being a reporter. I don’t actually care if you are if we’re being honest. It’s also clear but some of the other responses to your threads and post let me know that I’m not the only one receiving less than friendly private messages from you. I just don’t take blatant disrespect nonchalantly. 

The funny thing is you got pissed because I pressed you on how you went from a provider being a “red flag” to it’s all green. And even then I didn’t press. I asked, you got smart, I clarified, you got smart, I hit you with the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, you sent a PM. You just got an attitude because someone dare ask you to explain yourself for making an inflammatory remark and then switching it up. Only you didn’t answer but expected me instead to know you’re no longer actively seeing providers which with that info begs the question even more of how you suddenly changed your mind. You’re a reporter, right? I’m certain as a reporter you too would ask “how did you get to that point? There’s not much else in there to explain the change of heart.” But no. You got mad. And then took to PM to get loud.  I’ll ask whatever question I deem fit on a very open and public message board that you post to and that we’re all members of anytime I choose to. And if you curse at me or come at me sideways then yes, I’ll gladly take you to task. We don’t have to agree. We don’t have to see eye to eye. We don’t even have to speak to each other we ever met in public. Just keep it moving. But do not ever come at me stupid like that. That’s simple enough. We’re not cool. We’re not friends. You don’t know me. We do not have that rapport. 

As for a Obama, there’s life and news beyond C-Span. I applaud you for not getting sucked into some of the other “news” outlets, but feel as though if you’re under the impression people didn’t hate Obama for anything more than his socialized healthcare or some other policy then you’re not the person to have this discussion with. Or maybe you are because I could give you a perspective you’re not used to. 

See, PTTD “POST TRAUMATIC TRUMP DISORDER” is affecting everyone. Got you two fighting. Don’t let them win!