Raine-7379

HELP!!!

59 posts in this topic

Same goes to you!  I love our ladies here in Colorado, some of the most incredible women I’ve even known. 

There are some outstanding Gentlemen on the board who help out when needed, and ask for nothing in return.

So true and as a community we all are so blessed. 

Just the other day I tripped and fell and a wonderful gentleman helped me get back up. 💕 

I double dog dare everyone to randomly pick someone that’s online and reach out. Tell them to have a great day and spread some smiles. 

40 minutes ago, Laci French said:

I double dog dare everyone to randomly pick someone that’s online and reach out. Tell them to have a great day and spread some smiles. 

Rather do that face to face ,when they least expect it.  Like getting the cashier to laugh in the checkout lane  and more recently, helping a friend that is sharp as a tack and is in hospice  ,finding a smile in their day. 

48 minutes ago, Laci French said:

I double dog dare everyone to ....

Even helping our 4 legged freinds

Dammit that was sad. Found my first Shepherd chained and after 4 days I stole her. 

2 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

This industry can be brutal, and can take a toll on you.  I find it  isolating at times, and lonely.

Remember we are all here to HELP and support each other.  Reach out to others for support and encouragement. I am always a text away.

At some time or other everyone needs help , help can come in many forms but the opportunity to Simply talk it's one of the most helpful. Reaching out to help someone who is having a difficult time his truly what being a friend is all about

24 minutes ago, airamericavet65 said:

At some time or other everyone needs help , help can come in many forms but the opportunity to Simply talk it's one of the most helpful. Reaching out to help someone who is having a difficult time his truly what being a friend is all about

Words of wisdom... Just having someone to talk with makes you know that you are not alone.  

5 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

There are some outstanding Gentlemen on the board who help out when needed, and ask for nothing in return.

Add me to that list... Moved more furnture and couches than I can count

8 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

This industry can be brutal, and can take a toll on you.  I find it  isolating at times, and lonely.

Remember we are all here to HELP and support each other.  Reach out to others for support and encouragement. I am always a text away.

I've run out of rep points for the day, but want to thank you for starting this thread.  Life can be tough and some of us need to be reminded that reaching out for support is a great way to get through tough times.  Some of us grew up thinking we were supposed to "suffer alone and take care of everything by ourselves".  And for some of us, that hasn't worked too well.  We have this word "compassion", and that sentiment means to "be with" someone else's struggles.  To walk through some tough things together.  Not necessarily "fixing" things, just being with, listening deeply, caring and demonstrating that the person struggling is not alone.

56 minutes ago, average1 said:

I've run out of rep points for the day, but want to thank you for starting this thread.  Life can be tough and some of us need to be reminded that reaching out for support is a great way to get through tough times.  Some of us grew up thinking we were supposed to "suffer alone and take care of everything by ourselves".  And for some of us, that hasn't worked too well.  We have this word "compassion", and that sentiment means to "be with" someone else's struggles.  To walk through some tough things together.  Not necessarily "fixing" things, just being with, listening deeply, caring and demonstrating that the person struggling is not alone.

Perfectly said.  No matter what life brings us, to know we are not alone is truly comforting.  Somethings cannot be fixed, but are much easier to deal with when there is a shoulder to cry on, someone to chat with even through text.... Strangers becoming friends!!

I just need some help finding my mind, and getting laid. Is that too much to ask???:P

7 hours ago, Picturerisque said:

Add me to that list... Moved more furnture and couches than I can count

Ahhh, sweet man! I have had the pleasure of a hobby friend helping me move... Hard work pays off 😆

6 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

I just need some help finding my mind, and getting laid. Is that too much to ask???:P

Audrey, maybe getting laid helps us find our minds.  I know it sure helps my mind settle into the best of places.

Raine

Your so brave to call all of us to help each other. We’ve all seen some unwanted edge in discussions lately that leads us to miss opportunities to be better to each other. We saw Badboy call out unfair treatment and ask us to do better.  We saw a “just vent” string too. Just like the six million dollar man we have the technology...we can build it😀

14 hours ago, average1 said:

I had a rep for Raine, but I ran out of reps for this one. I love this. Thank you Average1.

I would just like to add, we also need to pay special attention to the helpers in our community. Sometimes, helpers spend so much time sitting with, listening to, and helping others, there's no time and energy for themselves and the struggles they are going through. Remember to reach out to these beautiful souls from time to time, and make sure THEY are ok...make sure they are REALLY okay.  😊

10 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

The getting laid part? I doubt it. You're probably getting a good fuck in as we speak. 😎

The finding your mind part, I'll help you with yours after I find mine. 😜

22 minutes ago, frankenthaler91 said:

The topic heading is very misleading.   Like the little boy crying wolf. 

How is asking people to "HELP" each other crying wolf?  We all should be reaching out to help friends here and in our private lives. 

7 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I had a rep for Raine, but I ran out of reps for this one. I love this. Thank you Average1.

I would just like to add, we also need to pay special attention to the helpers in our community. Sometimes, helpers spend so much time sitting with, listening to, and helping others, there's no time and energy for themselves and the struggles they are going through. Remember to reach out to these beautiful souls from time to time, and make sure THEY are ok...make sure they are REALLY okay.  😊

Poignantly said my dear; sometimes the givers sit in silence with a smile on their face even though they are completely empty.  

39 minutes ago, frankenthaler91 said:

The topic heading is very misleading.   Like the little boy crying wolf. 

Oops...quoting on my iPhone is a challenge sometimes.  

You missed the sourpuss thread and by your response that might be the best area for you. 

Raine, thank you for this thread. The forums have taken a turn lately and I’m glad you reminded us to reach out. Great talk yesterday.😊

22 hours ago, Laci French said:

Dammit that was sad.

Very much so, but I was in great need of some catharsis and had a good cry. Some very sweet people gave and gave to that pooch!

3 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

How is asking people to "HELP" each other crying wolf?  We all should be reaching out to help friends here and in our private lives. 

I see nothing in your original post that you are asking for help.

I know full well about people asking for help.   I considered myself a friend of on Denver lady who took her life a couple years ago.   I have a lady friend from MSP who's daughter was likely killed by her baby daddy.   I had a YL that I was working on a SB/SD relationship who texted me in the middle of the night that she was going to walk out into traffic and end her life. 

These people reached out for HELP!!!!!

Your thread topic "HELP!!!!!" makes me think you are in need of help.   The body of your message says different.    

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

Oops...quoting on my iPhone is a challenge sometimes.  

You missed the sourpuss thread and by your response that might be the best area for you. 

Raine, thank you for this thread. The forums have taken a turn lately and I’m glad you reminded us to reach out. Great talk yesterday.😊

Read my above response. 

6 minutes ago, mountainrider33 said:

I can explain it so you might understand.  "HELP!!!" can be interpreted in two different ways.  In the only way you interpreted, it can be a request for help.  In another way, it can be an emphatic declaration for others to help one another.   Everyone else understood the meaning of the title, based on the original post.  There are two very distinct interpretations that can be made from the title and her title was neither wrong nor misleading.

Only when you read the body of the post do you know that the OP was not in trouble. 

Thus, a cry of wolf. 

Everyone have a safe Labor Day weekend. 

It's unfortunate that 2 people have down voted me. 

In print,  capital letters mean talking  loudly  or even screaming.   

An exclamation point invokes emotion.  Multiple exclamation points a greater emotion.  

How can one not read the thread title and not think that the OP was in trouble? 

13 minutes ago, frankenthaler91 said:

It's unfortunate that 2 people have down voted me. 

In print,  capital letters mean talking  loudly  or even screaming.   

An exclamation point invokes emotion.  Multiple exclamation points a greater emotion.  

How can one not read the thread title and not think that the OP was in trouble? 

All the issues we face in day to day life you need to ask yourself if this is the one you want to focus on....

Get out there and find a smile still left in the day🤗

I can see your point of view, if I needed help I probably would have said "HELP NEEDED!!!!". if you read the forums very often you can see girls asking for "help" on where to stay, which restaurants to eat in.... pick any title on the Forum, and you do not have any idea what the context is until you actually read it.  For example "cocktails". Another example why would you buy a book when you can just read the title to know it's entire context.  

I am sorry I am not going to apologize for your misunderstanding of a title on a forum.  As everyone else has said, they have understood its meaning except for you.