ImJustAvg

Walgreen Money Cards?

21 posts in this topic

Recently, I notice some women in the Springs wanting the clients to purchase Walgreens money cards and won’t take cash.  They say it is for their own protection, but something just doesn’t feel right about it!  Am I being paranoid or are my warning senses working correctly?

Any comments from anyone that has actually bought the card and seen a provider would be very welcome!

If you surrender the card when you would normally provide cash, the risk is theirs. It might not be loaded with what they want/need.

If they want access to the card information prior to your appointment - no bueno. They can empty the card and ghost.

In most circumstances, CASH IS KING!

Huge red flag! A very popular scam. Refuse cash?? Hahahahahaha click.

Thanks!  My alarm bells went off when she told me that, so I didn’t go see her!  Right now there are the verification site scam and now the Walgreens money card scam.  When all you want is to get laid all these scams are a downer!

2 hours ago, frankenthaler91 said:

What did she what you do to with the card?  

I'll be interested to hear that answer myself. If it's run like most scams, she won't reveal the next step until the mark has gotten the card.

This scam has been around for years.

I’ve never known a lady who wouldn’t accept cash....unless she was scamming.

As Laci says, contact a lady with a solid reputation and it’s as easy as order pizza!

We can not call this a scam until we know the rest of the details. 

It is entirely possible that she wanted a Walgreen card instead of cash.  Some may not want to run around with lots of cash.  

In the past, I've given a couple ladies a Green Dot refill.  Prior to us meeting.  Of course it was with someone I had seen before and trusted them to follow through. 

If it was someone I didn't know, they would not get the code until we met.

As it has been mentioned, it is on the lady to make sure she is not cheated if she accepts a prepaid card. 

45 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Choose a lady with a solid reputation and getting laid is as easy as ordering pizza. 

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   If a provider does not have good reviews on TOB, I'm not contacting her. I realize that's discriminating against new providers, but I have to cover my own ass, first and foremost. :)

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

Choose a lady with a solid reputation and getting laid is as easy as ordering pizza. 

Laci, you are so right.  And there is such a wonderful variety of pizzas available that have very solid reputations.  That is part of why I love reputable pizza providers...the variety, because my tastes in pizza can change from time to time.  ;)

1 hour ago, average1 said:

Laci, you are so right.  And there is such a wonderful variety of pizzas available that have very solid reputations.  That is part of why I love reputable pizza providers...the variety, because my tastes in pizza can change from time to time.  ;)

I love to eat pizza.

Gonna chime in with "scam" comment. Who has an issue with cash?!?! Sure, a few places (read: fast casual restaurants) don't want to deal with cash anymore, but, EVERYWHERE else takes it. Cash handles pretty much every bill on the planet

Did not read all replies, but, scam is: "read me the number on the card, so I know you are legit and serious, honey", transfers cash to her account, crickets.

ASP that has issues with cash, run Forest, run!

Edited by NoCoGeezer

12 hours ago, BadBoy said:

I love to eat pizza.

Me, too.  It might be my favorite meal.  I know that eating pizza gives me great pleasure, yet only partially satisfies my appetites.  Usually, after eating pizza, I have this urge to share a sausage with my dining partner.  ;)

12 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Gonna chime in with "scam" comment. Who has an issue with cash?!?! Sure, a few places (read: fast casual restaurants) don't want to deal with cash anymore, but, EVERYWHERE else takes it. Cash handles pretty much every bill on the planet

Did not read all replies, but, scam is: "read me the number on the card, so I know you are legit and serious, honey", transfers cash to her account, crickets.

ASP that has issues with cash, run Forest, run!

Now this is a time when a bad review is required!

If you give the card number over the phone and never hear back from her then that consist of a bad review! She basically fooled you. 

21 hours ago, SabrinaLynn aka KatieCreme said:

If you give the card number over the phone and never hear back from her then that consist of a bad review! She basically fooled you. 

He fooled himself !

On 8/27/2018 at 10:51 AM, ImJustAvg said:

Recently, I notice some women in the Springs wanting the clients to purchase Walgreens money cards and won’t take cash.  They say it is for their own protection, but something just doesn’t feel right about it!  Am I being paranoid or are my warning senses working correctly?

Any comments from anyone that has actually bought the card and seen a provider would be very welcome!

There awesome. Make it quick and convient. I love them.

I'd be suspicious if a lady wanted a prepaid card instead of cash.  While there may be come convenience factors in favor of them over cash for some, there are also major drawbacks.

--Obvious scam of asking for the numbers beforehand

--Danger of John buying the card and draining it before the appointment so the YL is left with an empty card

--Danger of John giving the full card at start of appointment, so it passes any verification done by the YL, but the John kept a copy of the numbers and drains it quickly right after, or makes a fraud claim with his credit card, which will lead to the prepaid card getting frozen.

--Danger of YL getting a good card, draining it, then going back to the John and claiming he gave her an empty card.

--Danger of John and YL both acting in good faith, but an unrelated scammer skimming card numbers from the Point of Sale, or putting fake prepaids into the packaging at the store and stealing the $$ that the John loaded, while the YL then assumes the John scammed her and he assumes she is scamming him when she tells him it was empty.

There's just too many pitfalls that don't happen with cash to make it seem like a good idea for either side. 

On August 27, 2018 at 2:33 PM, Laci French said:

Id like a slice of pie please.

On 8/27/2018 at 4:33 PM, Laci French said:

I'm confused, Laci. Are you saying I could have been laid by the pizza delivery gal? I have been giving her a few dollars tip and sending her on her way. Boy, I feel stupid now.

The gift card as payment might be a scam but I don't see how it would work. I don't see how the scammer sees the gift card better than cash. Do the possible scammer want the gift card numbers before meeting?