fishndude57

Someone has to say it…

45 posts in this topic

…The only thing that pisses me off more than Kaepernick not standing during the National Anthem, is Donald Chump actually running for President. I can honestly consider keeping an open mind concerning Kaepernick, but Chump simply scares the hell outta me…

…And Bill, Womenlover whatever, don’t even reply Laci French for President, tired of hearin it. She’s stated she’s concerned too…

…I’ll catch the same shit from the regulars, don’t care, that being JJ2, 2B, Hook…

…Broncos need a QB, and Romo should retire before he really gets hurt…

…Once again, my bad…

Fish I hear ya. 

"America is at that awkward stage.  It's too late to work within the system, but it's too soon to shoot the bastards."

I'm a libertarian and I would vote that way....but we nominated the dorkiest non-libertarian asshole we could find to run for us.  Now, I can't even vote libertarian.   Just not going to vote.  Fuck 'em all.

Two books to get you through this tough time:

1st.  Be at peace with yourself and the world.  Reject governance.

41%2BCO6sMsPL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

2nd.  If you feel you must do something......

101_Things_to_do_til_the_Revolution_Clai

50 minutes ago, Laplace said:

Fish I hear ya. 

"America is at that awkward stage.  It's too late to work within the system, but it's too soon to shoot the bastards."

I'm a libertarian and I would vote that way....but we nominated the dorkiest non-libertarian asshole we could find to run for us.  Now, I can't even vote libertarian.   Just not going to vote.  Fuck 'em all.

I'm a Libertarian also but I will be voting for Gary. I can't stand the other two. It's like watching your dog spin around to find the best place to poop and then having chronic diarrhea. Get rid of the two party system. 

When Ali died there were white people calling him a hero, a lot of his actions weren't dissimilar from Kapernicks. What seems disrespectful now could in the future be viewed as taking a stand. Die hard Clinton or Trump fans would likely proudly not stand for out national anthem if one or the other was elected.

We all love America's freedoms and patriotism isn't an obligation.  USA! USA! USA! Every election year is pretty ugly and this is obviously no exception. I think the most foolish thing anyone can do is not vote. There is strength in numbers and if every eligible voter voted and there was no voter suppression we would have drastically different results.

Can I make very honest and from a nice place suggestion? These think pieces of yours lack cohesiveness, you makes lots of unrelated points in one post. If you're actually wanting to start and participate in a discussion it helps if you stick to one topic.

29 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

When Ali died there were white people calling him a hero, a lot of his actions weren't dissimilar from Kapernicks. What seems disrespectful now could in the future be viewed as taking a stand. Die hard Clinton or Trump fans would likely proudly not stand for out national anthem if one or the other was elected.

We all love America's freedoms and patriotism isn't an obligation.  USA! USA! USA! Every election year is pretty ugly and this is obviously no exception. I think the most foolish thing anyone can do is not vote. There is strength in numbers and if every eligible voter voted and there was no voter suppression we would have drastically different results.

Can I make very honest and from a nice place suggestion? These think pieces of yours lack cohesiveness, you makes lots of unrelated points in one post. If you're actually wanting to start and participate in a discussion it helps if you stick to one topic.

I have no political persuasion, no axe to grind, no opinion other than my own, and no time to debate those who have another opinion. My only hope for this country and it's future, is that whoever (whomever?) is elected is that they don't screw it up more than it is now.

That's my rant, for now.

The Wise Old Owl

Too tired to care,

Too old to want to...

1 hour ago, Laplace said:

Fish I hear ya. 

Have you read Nick Offerman's books? They're not political but they are enlightening. The phrase "man's man" is maybe a little broad and possibly offensive but Offerman is a man's man, he will teach you how to build and then paddle your own canoe. You may know him as TVs Ron Swason on Parks and Rec? Meat eating, gold hoarding, libertarian Ron Swanson.  He's also married to the fan-fucking-tastic Megan Mullally and has great relationship suggestions, (pro tip-make homemade cards). Comedians always have the best insight on life and couple that with their self deprecation you have honest and insightful writing.

11 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Chump simply scares the hell outta me…

My guess if Trump gets elected the US will go to war within 6 months probably with North Korea.

…And Bill, Womenlover whatever, don’t even reply Laci French for President, tired of hearin it. She’s stated she’s concerned too…

She had a poll on twitter and she would win. You got to have sense of humor when thinking about the upcoming election.

Broncos will be alright, I would say they will cut butt fumble. Exactly what I thought when I heard Romo hurt his back.

"My guess if Trump gets elected the US will go to war within 6 months probably with North Korea."

History may not exactly repeat itself, but it rhymes like crazy. 

Take a look at the current geopolitical environment, the little brushfires everywhere, the posturing by ALL countries over the South China Sea, Ukraine, Crimea, the Middle East. Turkey may leave NATO.  WTF???  China is doing fake combat flybys over Japanese and US ships.  Russia is doing the same with UK/US forces in the Baltic.  Iran is poking us in the Gulf.  They are checking to see how we respond.

Now, go back and study the 30s.

Mark my words....war is coming. Regardless of who is President.  A word to the wise should be sufficient.

12 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

…The only thing that pisses me off more than Kaepernick not standing during the National Anthem, is Donald Chump actually running for President. I can honestly consider keeping an open mind concerning Kaepernick, but Chump simply scares the hell outta me…

…I’ll catch the same shit from the regulars, don’t care, that being JJ2, 2B, Hook…

…Once again, my bad…

I am not sure why I am responding to an adult that reverts to childish name calling   

America has put forth the worst candidates for President this go around.  That is BOTH parties. 

The rest of my thoughts I'll keep to myself.  

29 minutes ago, frankenthaler91 said:

I am not sure why I am responding to an adult that reverts to childish name calling    

I certainly experienced relief when I finally realized the not every random or idiotic event in my life requires my response.  Startling life-at-a-micro-level fact: I can be my own mod, especially in cases such as this, when the mod's apparently decided that this Board is no longer even remotely limited the hobby. 

24 minutes ago, Happymon said:

I certainly experienced relief when I finally realized the not every random or idiotic event in my life requires my response.  Startling life-at-a-micro-level fact: I can be my own mod, especially in cases such as this, when the mod's apparently decided that this Board is no longer even remotely limited the hobby. 

No one is forcing you to be here. I used to enjoy your postings but as of late...... Not so much.

13 minutes ago, inkspot said:

No one is forcing you to be here. I used to enjoy your postings but as of late...... Not so much.

That was what I was saying.  Hard to know how that became any implication that I was forced to.  He said "don't know why I responded."  I said, I find I don't have to.  Have a blessed day.

Makes me think I am voting between Freddy Krueger and Jason! Yikes!!! :-)

Yeah, Romo is done and he doesn't even know it. Poor dude!

On a serious note, I would like to see people be more concerned with what America needs not who is doing what and with whom! Just a bunch of kids voting with no clue of the consequences.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

2 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

On a serious note, I would like to see people be more concerned with what America needs not who is doing what and with whom! Just a bunch of kids voting with no clue of the consequences.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

It's liked we learned nothing from the disaster that was Brexit.

Every election since Nixon-McGovern I tell myself the choice next time cannot possibly get any worse.  Then, like clockwork, every four years it does.  This one tops the charts, but somehow history shows there is worse on the horizon unless we dump the current one party system that claims to be two and get a party or two going that ACTUALLY MEAN WHAT THEY SAY - even if I do not agree with everything.  Just meaning it would be a major improvement!!

44 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

It's liked we learned nothing from the disaster that was Brexit.

If you mean the EU should have never been formed,  I agree with you.

If you mean it's not a good thing for a country (England) to keep it's sovereignty and not give up control to an organization (EU) that may not want what is best for it's (England's) people,  then we disagree on that subject.  

I am extremely concerned that we are faced with picking the lesser of two evils in this election. 

Until we start realize the power we hold and force a change it will remain a disaster. 

Such mud slinging and avoidance of real issues. Disappointing we don't hold them to higher standards.

Has anyone here ever seen the TV show scandal?? That's what this kinda reminds me of. While it's billed as Fiction, I think there is also alot of fact. The president, the pope, the queen, the prime ministers.. they are all just figure heads who supposedly hold great power but actually hold very little power. While we are fixed on Hilary and Donald, what is going on in the house? What is going on in the Senate? Nobody worries about what goes on in the house or the Senate and they like it that way. POTUS, while billed as possibly the most important and powerful position in the world, has actually very little power other than executive actions. And even that is subject to scrutiny. To me, this is all a smokescreen they keep feeding. While we are all blinded by the smokescreen, we are not paying attention to everything else that's going on around us. 

25 minutes ago, Laci French-2940 said:

I am extremely concerned that we are faced with picking the lesser of two evils in this election. 

Such mud slinging and avoidance of real issues. Disappointing we don't hold them to higher standards.

IMHO, the two prime candidates are equally evil, just in different ways. One of them, however, is more likely to be held in check by his party. The other will be enabled by her's. The mudslinging is just a measure of their character.

27 minutes ago, Laci French-2940 said:

... Until we start realize the power we hold and force a change it will remain a disaster. ...

Trump is in the race because of that power. People have been complaining to those in power about his major issues (immigration, taxes, jobs, etc.) for years.  But nobody listened. There were warnings - the Tea Party for example. But they got shuffled to the side. So folks threw a tantrum!

Clinton's answer seems to be if they don't have a job, give them free stuff. She'll squeeze the golden geese (rich folks, corporations) to pay for it. But those geese are flying the coop as fast as they can. Who will pay for these things when they're gone?

(Besides, corporate taxes are a pass through, a shell game to hide reaching into the consumer's pocket.)

During the Depression the government gave people jobs (WPA, CCC, etc.) instead of handouts. True, they were often menial jobs but you had the pride of working. Now both the unions & corporations would scream about the unfair competition. 

18 minutes ago, frankenthaler91 said:

If you mean it's not a good thing for a country (England) to keep it's sovereignty and not give up control to an organization (EU) that may not want what is best for it's (England's) people,  then we disagree on that subject.  

England only wants what's best for England and history shows us how that works out for the common man. If we learned anything from Brexit it's how easily people can be fooled into throwing a vote away. How manipulative personalities like Farage can use use deceit and empty promises to persuade a vote. Agree or disagree with the EU, the UK faced a unique situation and they didn't handle it well. The number of comments, videos and reactions from England's voters was embarrassing. They didn't understand the impact of the referendum. Despite the counted votes the majority would really prefer to stay. From what I understand the majority want to stay and if Theresa May doesn't block a Parliament vote then the decision would likely be stalled or even overturned.

America stands at a precipice with this election much like the UK did with Brexit, our choices can be seriously life altering. That's what we learned from Brexit, in my opinion.

Much of the Brexit 'leave' vote was a reaction to the edicts of an unelected federal bureaucracy. Sound familiar? 

There was also the matter of an influx of immigrants through EU borders who refused the integrate into British society. Sound familiar?

Edited by Bit Banger

17 hours ago, Laplace said:

Fish I hear ya. 

I'd hope you find a way to vote. I do believe all our votes count...somehow.

17 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

I'm a Libertarian also but I will be voting for Gary. I can't stand the other two. It's like watching your dog spin around to find the best place to poop and then having chronic diarrhea. Get rid of the two party system. 

I wish we could get by the two party system, but like Laplace stated, at least give us a choice in a two party system.

16 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I was 11 years old when this happened. I remember it vividly. In a way Kaepernick is not even off base, not that I condone it. Ali is still one of my hero's.  http://fusion.net/story/332332/1968-olympics-black-power-tommie-smith-john-carlos-black-power-bob-beamon-record/

7 hours ago, geecue2 said:

She had a poll on twitter and she would win. You got to have sense of humor when thinking about the upcoming election.

I do have a sense of humor. It's just his Pavlov response to whenever someone brings up the topic. If she actually was qualified to be Commander in Chief she'd be the easy choice.

5 hours ago, frankenthaler91 said:

America has put forth the worst candidates for President this go around.  That is BOTH parties. 

The rest of my thoughts I'll keep to myself.  

5 hours ago, Happymon said:

I certainly experienced relief when I finally realized the not every random or idiotic event in my life requires my response.  Startling life-at-a-micro-level fact: I can be my own mod, especially in cases such as this, when the mod's apparently decided that this Board is no longer even remotely limited the hobby. 

Sorry, I thought it was a General Discussion Forum on occasion, not My Mind's Always in the Gutter General Discussion Forum. Mods correct me if I'm wrong and I'll stop.

4 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I'm a Romo hater, but enough's enough. He needs to protect himself. Obviously his offensive line isn't. I'm gonna miss him for real. Who to hate next.

3 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Every election since Nixon-McGovern I tell myself the choice next time cannot possibly get any worse.  Then, like clockwork, every four years it does.  This one tops the charts, but somehow history shows there is worse on the horizon unless we dump the current one party system that claims to be two and get a party or two going that ACTUALLY MEAN WHAT THEY SAY - even if I do not agree with everything.  Just meaning it would be a major improvement!!

Will they ever ever ACTUALLY MEAN WHAT THEY SAY. How can they?

3 hours ago, Laci French-2940 said:

Until we start realize the power we hold and force a change it will remain a disaster. 

I don't know who is the lesser of two evils. I actually might vote Trump!

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

IMHO, the two prime candidates are equally evil, just in different ways. One of them, however, is more likely to be held in check by his party. The other will be enabled by her's. The mudslinging is just a measure of their character.

Trump is in the race because of that power. People have been complaining to those in power about his major issues (immigration, taxes, jobs, etc.) for years.  But nobody listened. There were warnings - the Tea Party for example. But they got shuffled to the side. So folks threw a tantrum!

Clinton's answer seems to be if they don't have a job, give them free stuff. She'll squeeze the golden geese (rich folks, corporations) to pay for it. But those geese are flying the coop as fast as they can. Who will pay for these things when they're gone?

(Besides, corporate taxes are a pass through, a shell game to hide reaching into the consumer's pocket.)

During the Depression the government gave people jobs (WPA, CCC, etc.) instead of handouts. True, they were often menial jobs but you had the pride of working. Now both the unions & corporations would scream about the unfair competition. 

Why must mudslinging be a measure of character. It's always at this time the same ol crap. Jeez you'd think politics was a forum!

16 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

6 hours ago, geecue2 said:

5 hours ago, frankenthaler91 said:

5 hours ago, Happymon said:

4 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

3 hours ago, Laci French-2940 said:

But guys there IS a difference between #Hillary and #Trump

Lube ? Or no lube? 

😂😂😂

Getting fucked either way tho. 

12 minutes ago, Just Jos said:

Lube ? Or no lube? 

😂😂😂

Trump should have enough lube in his "rug" to do the job. 😏

It's Bill who is known 'Slick'

Edited by Bit Banger

46 minutes ago, Just Jos said:

Lube ? Or no lube? 

😂😂😂

LOL.   At least Trump has a little dick. 

Geeze....does that mean I now have a reason to vote for him?!?!?!

8 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Much of the Brexit 'leave' vote was a reaction to the edicts of an unelected federal bureaucracy. Sound familiar? 

There was also the matter of an influx of immigrants through EU borders who refused the integrate into British society. Sound familiar?

<thumps up>

If Trump and Hillary were stranded on a boat in the middle of the ocean, who survives?

AMERICA. AMERICA SURVIVES.

You all aren't thinking

Ok, Donald Trump made his fortune in real estate, part of that is hotels. Every hotel owner knows a big part of their revenue is prostitution. Donald Trump is a known player. 

Are you serious? Finally a candidate for president that loves money and pussy? And not one of you is going to vote for the Donald? 

Well I'm voting for Trump. First, I like my occasional pussy fix. It takes a little pussy money to be able to hobby. I see nothing but broke dick mountain by 4 years of another Democrat. We need money flowing from hand to hand again and Trump is the best man of the 2 for unplugging the money tap. With more money in my wallet, that means more pussy for me, and more money for you girls! 

Fuck all the other bullshit, let's get the money flowing again. The rest no one can fix anyway. What do you want, to go to WW3 broke and sober? If it's coming it's coming, I'd rather go with a smile on my face in between some perky C's, cumming as I go. 

Go Trump!!!

On 8/28/2016 at 10:42 AM, frankenthaler91 said:

What she probably meant is the fact that people blindly voted thinking it was a poll when it, in fact, made it pass and created its end. Now they are in a crisis because they were blindly following the masses. Being ignorant is stupid, and now they are paying for that stupidity.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Edited by SultryKitten
changed a word