Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitbull

Christmas Bonus/Gift Customary?

28 posts in this topic

Have not been in "the hobby" for all that long -- not compared to the veterans on this board at least. Is it customary/expected to leave an extra big tip during holiday time? Perhaps even a card?

Have not been in "the hobby" for all that long -- not compared to the veterans on this board at least. Is it customary/expected to leave an extra big tip during holiday time? Perhaps even a card?

no. certainly appreciated.

+1

Do you tip your barber a little extra around the holidays?

+1

Do you tip your barber a little extra around the holidays?

+1+1

Well, maybe not my barber, he's not that good. My mechanic knows I take a perverse pride in driving my vehicles as far and long as they can go. He goes above and beyond in caring for them. He gets free hunting priveleges on my farm.

My Oncologist has gotten a thank you gift at the close of every Ramadan for the last 7 years.

So, yeah. Gifts are appropriate at times.

Edited by hgritstoo
speeling

Gifts are appropriate at times.

In my opinion, this is the answer.

If you see a girl every month, or week, and she treats you very well, then a gift might be appropriate. :)

If you see her once a year, maybe not.

It's not customary for me, but I'm a cheapskate! :eek:

From reviewing you reviews I would not say you are a cheapskate, you are very generous with your time and money when you do see a lady. From what I hear you are easy on the eyes and a gentleman. So, give yourself a little more credit.

Lilihtia:)

E=pfunk;362642]In my opinion, this is the answer.

If you see a girl every month, or week, and she treats you very well, then a gift might be appropriate. :)

If you see her once a year, maybe not.

It's not customary for me, but I'm a cheapskate! :eek:

Always nice to bring a gift or something a little extra for your favorites around the holidays.

If you have a history with the provider, by all means. If not, your call. Look at websites as they sometimes give you some direction.

Gifts are never expected, but always appreciated, especially over the holiday season. If you have an established relationship with a provider and see her a couple of times a month, then I am sure she would be very accepting of a gift.

i enrolled my atf in the jelly of the month club......it's the gift that keeps on giving. :D

Clearly there are many ways to suck up to either providers or clients.

Did I say 'suck up'? I meant compliment.

Even beginners should do what feel right to them. Not everybody has the same resources or can expect that same 'payoff.'

When was the last time a hobbyist got a gift from a provider? And I'm not talking about some dry shake 'n' bake cookies. :cool:

When was the last time a hobbyist got a gift from a provider? And I'm not talking about some dry shake 'n' bake cookies. :cool:

I've been given gifts by a few different providers. They were inexpensive, which didn't matter, but showed a little bit of consideration for my likes. It was nice. I'm not exactly "high maintenance."

None of them have bought me a sports car or rolex. When that happens, I'll have jumped from client to a whole 'nother label. :cool:

I think it would be dealer's choice. If you feel like it, go for it. Just be sure that you are not expecting anything in return.

I think you do what feels right to you, f others opinions.

If you want to get her something, do it. If you don't feel like it, don't.

:)

Though, from a provider's view, any gift is appreciated anytime of the year, who doesn't like random nic nacs you cant do anything with? :)

i enrolled my atf in the jelly of the month club......it's the gift that keeps on giving. :D

I don't know why, but that made me laugh.

Thanks!

I once had a provider give me a cake on my birthday.

it was moist and delicious. :D

Yep. Thanks for all the comments. I am going to give this woman an absurdly high tip in a nice little card come late December, because I enjoy giving her money. I don't know whether that is insane, normal, or both. I don't care. Someone wrote to not expect anything in return, and that is good advice. I won't expect anything except the same as I've been getting, which is all I want.

It's been a good year, and why not give some of it away to the person who makes me feel so damn good? Yeah, I'm in hook, line, and sinker -- but with the appropriate emotional boundaries -- OK!

I think it would be dealer's choice. If you feel like it, go for it. Just be sure that you are not expecting anything in return.

This should be repeated. You are giving her a GIFT, no strings attached, nothing expected in return. Nothing.

If you are not comfortable with this....then it is not really a gift, it is an attempt at manipulation.

With surprising frequency. :cool:

Well if you have been satisfied with what she did to you, a gift is good. A sign of appreciation, maybe.

With surprising frequency. :cool:

Yep. There's one lovely lady in particular who treats me to something special a few times a year. There's a reason I keep going back to see her. :)

Always nice to bring a gift or something a little extra for your favorites around the holidays.

xmas-babe-minka-santa-101.jpg

I wouldn't think so. It is sorta like tipping, it's something nice to do but shouldn't ever be expected right off the back. I love the thought of getting tipped because it's a nice way of saying, "Thank you, you are are amazing" without words, but also the regular amount of donation is always more than enough for me. :)