fortysomething

Day Rental Hotel Rooms

44 posts in this topic

I didn't know this was a thing, being able to rent a hotel room for the day. Call me naive and inexperienced, 'cause I am. Do any of you wonderful people have any experience with this? Anything you care to share (PM is fine)? This looks like a pretty cool deal for outcalls or that old friend who wants to spend some time alone.

I use Dayuse. The first time using it was a little weird because the hotel didn’t get a ton of traffic for that kind of booking but I just kept it cool while checking in. The idea is/was basically around business travel just play that angle and you’re good. 

So yeah, now I use it without issue or hesitation if I want. 

Aren't all hotels daily rentals? Did you mean hourly?

10 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

I use Dayuse. The first time using it was a little weird because the hotel didn’t get a ton of traffic for that kind of booking but I just kept it cool while checking in. The idea is/was basically around business travel just play that angle and you’re good. 

So yeah, now I use it without issue or hesitation if I want. 

None in Pueblo, they're about $100 in COS, why not an "airbnb" for what it's worth?

2 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Aren't all hotels daily rentals? Did you mean hourly?

None in Pueblo, they're about $100 in COS, why not an "airbnb" for what it's worth?

It’s a weird combo of both hourly and daily. At least that’s what I gathered. So the upside with DayUse is it gives way more flexibility on the checkin where normal check in is generally 3pm. I’ve seen 9am and earlier as well as later in the afternoons going into the night. 

For me it’s just easier and quicker than an Airbnb. 

10 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

It’s a weird combo of both hourly and daily. At least that’s what I gathered. So the upside with DayUse is it gives way more flexibility on the checkin where normal check in is generally 3pm. I’ve seen 9am and earlier as well as later in the afternoons going into the night. 

Yes, a cursory check of Dayuse shows the ability to choose time parameters for different parts of the day. Pretty handy and thanks for the tip.

17 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

Plus a $100 Airbnb is now around $400 with all the dumb fees. I never use them. I would never for business…yikes.

I wish I knew more about this bc having to book two days just to accommodate one booking has never made much sense to me and when I try to explain it to potential clients, they don’t wanna send an extra fee- even if they wanna see me before/after normal check-in and out times. So I usually just don’t bother and lose that potential booking. Or risk losing money over it!! Usually that’s bc it’s last minute so I don’t even have time to make sure it’s fruitful with pre-booking. 

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

Plus a $100 Airbnb is now around $400 with all the dumb fees. I never use them. I would never for business…yikes.

There’s supposed to be a change, or maybe it’s been instituted where the fees are already shown so you’re not surprised at the end. I also thought there was going to be a reduction as well. But I could be very wrong in this assertion. 

1 hour ago, MyraGold said:

I wish I knew more about this bc having to book two days just to accommodate one booking has never made much sense to me and when I try to explain it to potential clients, they don’t wanna send an extra fee- even if they wanna see me before/after normal check-in and out times. So I usually just don’t bother and lose that potential booking. Or risk losing money over it!! Usually that’s bc it’s last minute so I don’t even have time to make sure it’s fruitful with pre-booking. 

It’s worth checking out. Super limited participating hotels in Boulder but definitely more in Denver. And I can’t emphasize this enough; be prepared for a weird look or maybe a question or two about the booking if the person has never seen one before. You honestly don’t have to say much of anything because it’s a legit hotel booking and they’ll honor it. Just know to mentally prep for that. 

Mon Chalet is by the hour too. It is a bit racy! Rooms are bit funky too! 
 Very intresting to know about this and how do you book the room for a short visit? I guess you could say, You need it for a private conference? 

7 hours ago, MyraGold said:

I can help you. 

On 9/17/2023 at 5:16 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Mon Chalet is by the hour too. It is a bit racy! Rooms are bit funky too! 

Is that place still there!? Yikes!

On 9/17/2023 at 8:20 PM, Audrey Astor said:

True that

Is it against the rules to post a link?  There's a website for that...   

On 9/17/2023 at 10:44 PM, Audrey Astor said:

I can help you. 

Thank you (: I appreciate ya ❤️ all these little tools of the trade haha!!

On 9/17/2023 at 6:44 AM, gnarley_boy12 said:

Wish there was hourly use.

There used to be an hourly motel on like 50th and federal blvd but dont know if its still around!

9 minutes ago, Johnny_rey said:

There used to be an hourly motel on like 50th and federal blvd but dont know if its still around!

Was it decent?

On 9/16/2023 at 8:36 AM, fortysomething said:

I didn't know this was a thing, being able to rent a hotel room for the day. Call me naive and inexperienced, 'cause I am. Do any of you wonderful people have any experience with this? Anything you care to share (PM is fine)? This looks like a pretty cool deal for outcalls or that old friend who wants to spend some time alone.

I thought ALL hotels were available for daily rental. What am I missing?

1 hour ago, sb1212 said:

Same, but admittingly I don't book a lot of hotel rooms.
Is it the distinction that you have more open hours of booking and not the standard in after 3pm and out by 11am type of deal?

6 hours ago, gnarley_boy12 said:

Was it decent?

If it's the place I remember - not really.  But that is from a long time back.

5 hours ago, sb1212 said:

Most don’t do check in until 3pm now. With these, you can do 12p-5p, 8a-2p… there’s different options depending on the hotel. The rate is usually a little lower than the typical overnight reservation.

Ah.  I get it now....  Many years ago I suggested (tongue in cheek)  that our company save money on our annual sales  conference by double booking/sharing  rooms. Those who wanted to go out and party all night (there were many...) would have the room during the day.  Those less inclined to stay out all night would have the room at night. 

On 9/17/2023 at 2:20 PM, Audrey Astor said:

Agreed! I would always use VRBO or Air B&B when traveling. I stopped a few years back because the fees got fucking ridiculous!!! Now I use hotels like Residence Inn by Marriot, Holiday Inn Express, or Country Inn Suites by Raddison. I need a space with more room, a small kitchen, or at least something with a microwave and mini fridge. It's nice to bring back leftovers from eating out or have the option to cook. I'll always stop by a grocery store to pick up drinks and snacks to have during the week.  

I always do longer dates with ladies when I travel. I'm conscience not to bring up any unwanted attention to any possibly observant employees. I'm mindful and an adult. But I am conscience, as I may see three different ladies during my week stay. 

Dayuse Originally started with Pilots, Business Men, etc etc. Just call ahead of time. A lot of Upscale hotels offer it especially by the airport or downtown. Hilton & Marriott for sure. Like I said call ahead, it's usually half the price of the room for X amount of time. I haven't used it in a while but have in the past. Also called and inquired about it recently. Hope this helps.

I've done this a couple of times - for business.  Never for playtime, or shall I say 'not yet for playtime'.  It worked well when I wanted a shower before heading to the airport and it was just a day trip.

This has been rather common forever in major metro cities like NYC, Chicago,L.A. etc.........frequently used for sex and generally looked at as flop houses.

5 hours ago, Admiral C said:

This has been rather common forever in major metro cities like NYC, Chicago,L.A. etc.........frequently used for sex and generally looked at as flop houses.

Those hourly ones do exist or did at one point but is not the same thing as what the OP was asking about.