Newoldbull

Football season is here

45 posts in this topic

Colorado shocked the football world by upsetting TCU.  The Coach Prime hype is through the roof. Its all you hear on Sports media. I personally think they beat a team that was overrated and will be exposed this Saturday against Nebraska but it will be an interesting and entertaining game. To all you college football fans out there i hope to hear your expert opinion. May the best team win!!

I think the naysayers who want Sanders and CU to fail were already exposed.  On the road, 20 point underdogs against team with 5 bowl wins since joining Big 12 10 years ago but TCU was "over rated".  It is a long season and a brutal schedule but keeping in mind the players on the team (including some truly outstanding talents) have only played one game together so far I suspect by end of year CU will be a team no one wants to play.  Subject as usual to injuries, etc.  Go Buffs!  Enough nitpicking, enjoy the huge change for the better.

I wouldn't start football until October. Why play in such warm weather? Besides, everyone knows it's still baseball season.

1 minute ago, Mustang87 said:

Besides, everyone knows it's still baseball season.

If only Colorado had a major league team.  Fortunately my favorite team as long as I can remember - the Orioles - are killing it in first and the Yankees are in last place.  Life is good.  :)

Now about the Broncos.  Anyone convinced Wilson gets it done this year?  And what is up with refs not calling blatant false start penalties on Chiefs?  I know they are ratings gold, but really?

I'm not really much of a football fan, but it does mean that hockey season is just around the corner.  I think Nebraska's problem was they wore white uniforms today.  Labor day was last week, and everybody knows you don't wear white after Labor day.  I do want everybody's favourite team to win.  But win or lose I hope all the players have fun.  I wonder if coach Sanders brings orange slices for halftime.  That was the best part of the game for me.  Does Shedeur have a nickname?  Since his dad is "Prime Time" I was thinking he could be "Day Time"

Another impressive win by Colorado. It was close early but Nebraska figured out how to shoot themselves in the foot. And Colorado made plays when they had to. I think Colorado has a future NFL quarteback and he has some outstanding receivers to throw to. I hope they have a great season.

7 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Now about the Broncos.  Anyone convinced Wilson gets it done this year?  And what is up with refs not calling blatant false start penalties on Chiefs?  I know they are ratings gold, but really?

I hope Russell Wilson gets it turned around this year. I think he was put into a offense that didnt fit him very well. Hopefully they can let him do the things that made him a star in Seattle.

When I heard Dejon was hired as head coach for the Buffs and was brining his son as quarterback, watched him in a game at Jackson St. knew he was going to light it up at CU. Went and bought me prime shirts also bought gold chains , you can’t wear prime time gear without the gold chains 🤣🤣 Go Buffs

I made $70 betting on the Buffs over TCU.  Love Prime Time and what he is doing for the Buffs!  I've been a fan of his since he was on the 49ers and I was watching them win.  He's an admirable coach, I love the message he puts out there.  SKO BUFFS! 

Congrats to CU!   I say that as a die hard Husker fan.  My dad played for the Huskers and I grew up in Nebraska.  GBR!

On 9/9/2023 at 8:28 AM, Mustang87 said:

I wouldn't start football until October. Why play in such warm weather? Besides, everyone knows it's still baseball season.

Yesssss!!!! I can’t even imagine being the one with the helmet and pads on running.🤣 

On 9/11/2023 at 1:39 PM, CountryGentleman said:

Congrats to CU!   I say that as a die hard Husker fan.  My dad played for the Huskers and I grew up in Nebraska.  GBR!

I've been told my great-grandfather played for Nebraska around 1894. 

On 9/12/2023 at 10:56 AM, Audrey Astor said:

Yesssss!!!! I can’t even imagine being the one with the helmet and pads on running.🤣 

Evoking memories of two-a-days...   :unsure:

I just wanted to give a shout out to Colorado State for a valiant effort against the Buffs.  I know they are not the sexy team in this state, but I was pulling for them in this game.  CU has all the hype, the media coverage and celebs on their side. Heck the championship trophy was on campus yesterday.  I like rooting for the little guy.  Kind of like rooting for the Jamaican bobsled team. It always bothered me that CU will not play the Rams in Ft. Collins.  (It only seems fair)  I always hear from CU fans that this game is not a rivalry, yet the students rushed the field after the game.  Well congrats to CU they will need to play much better to beat Oregon.

One more hot take, unless you are Corey Hart wearing sunglasses at night looks silly.  But I did notice coach Sanders took off the shades when his team starting losing.

1 hour ago, TML93 said:

I just wanted to give a shout out to Colorado State for a valiant effort against the Buffs.  I know they are not the sexy team in this state, but I was pulling for them in this game.  CU has all the hype, the media coverage and celebs on their side. Heck the championship trophy was on campus yesterday.  I like rooting for the little guy.  Kind of like rooting for the Jamaican bobsled team. It always bothered me that CU will not play the Rams in Ft. Collins.  (It only seems fair)  I always hear from CU fans that this game is not a rivalry, yet the students rushed the field after the game.  Well congrats to CU they will need to play much better to beat Oregon.

One more hot take, unless you are Corey Hart wearing sunglasses at night looks silly.  But I did notice coach Sanders took off the shades when his team starting losing.

You know the students rush the field after every win, right? Not just this one. Every year. Every home game win. They rush the field. Rivalry or not.

As for the sunglasses; seems like a lot of hate from people wanting Sanders to behave a certain way. I also noticed CSU’s couch didn’t remove his hat when approaching Sanders or, you know, talking to any of the adults around him at any point during the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Nice to know there are two good college football teams in Colorado this year . Go buffs. 

5 hours ago, TML93 said:

And I would like to give a shout out to CSU for being a dirty football team and trying intentionally to injure CU players with cheap late hits and what ten personal fouls, but only one ejection.  And succeeding in putting one of the best players in college football out for several weeks with an intentional cheap shot.  But hey they did not wear sunglasses at least lol.  Rooting for "little guy?" - BOTH have an enrollment of about 33,000 students and CU was 1-11 last year.  How does CSU qualify as the "little guy" again?  BTW next year's game is in Fort Collins.  Most games in recent history in the series were held at Mile High because of the larger capacity and therefore higher revenue for BOTH schools.  Play clean and prosper CSU till next year.  Go Buffs!!

The summer went too fast for me! Sadly noting too much death in my fam. I had 4 deaths. Just off and my flowers didn’t look that great this year either.  Don’t forget your flu shot! 

3 hours ago, gr8owl said:

And I would like to give a shout out to CSU for being a dirty football team and trying intentionally to injure CU players with cheap late hits and what ten personal fouls, but only one ejection.  And succeeding in putting one of the best players in college football out for several weeks with an intentional cheap shot.  But hey they did not wear sunglasses at least lol.  Rooting for "little guy?" - BOTH have an enrollment of about 33,000 students and CU was 1-11 last year.  How does CSU qualify as the "little guy" again?  BTW next year's game is in Fort Collins.  Most games in recent history in the series were held at Mile High because of the larger capacity and therefore higher revenue for BOTH schools.  Play clean and prosper CSU till next year.  Go Buffs!!

The reason I call CSU the little guy is because they play in the Mountain West and not one of the 5 power conferences.  I would assume that this effects recruiting.  I always hear CU fans complain about having to play CSU.  That they have nothing to gain and everything to lose.  Like they are a division II school so I'm glad you mentioned enrollment. But currently CSU has 28 players from Colorado on it's roster and CU only has 11.  I always thought of CSU as the local team, and CU as a national team.  That's good to hear that next year's game is in Ft. Collins I did not know that.  All I can say is finally, they have not played CU there since 1996.  But since then they have played in Boulder 5 times.  You can say the nuetral site games were for higher capacity, but those games never sold out the entire stadium.  I always felt it was a compromise by CU so they would not have to go to Ft. Collins.  I won't defend the late hit by Blackburn on Huter that was bad.  But that blindside block in the 2nd OT was a bad call and ending up costing the game for CSU.  But it should not have come to that.  CU had to go 98 yards in a little over a minute and make a 2- pt conversion to even tie.  CSU had more yards and time of possession, but in the end it was not enough to win.  I understand most of the people here are CU fans (And probably alumni) so I don't mean to ruffle feathers.  The sunglasses comment was in jest, but I do stand by it.  Wearing sunglasses when it's dark functionality makes no sense.

On 9/17/2023 at 5:42 PM, TML93 said:

...  The sunglasses comment was in jest, but I do stand by it.  Wearing sunglasses when it's dark functionality makes no sense.

Actually, if you’re driving at night it’s a good idea to put on sun glasses when you stop for gas or a diner.  It protects your night vision, making you a safer driver for that first 1/2hr after you return to the road.

😱😁😜

1 hour ago, Juskiddng said:

Today's word of the day in the CU locker room....oops

Oops indeed. Talk about a smack down.  That parking ticket must have taken Coach Prime’s mind off the game.  The QB was probably dreaming about his new car. 😱

I’m not even a Deion fan but it’s weird how many of you wanted to see him fail. Dude came in, took an absolute trash team that no one talked about, not even locals, and now has the program on the lips of everyone in the country. A first year, full turnaround team that packed out the stadium and bringing in an ungodly amount of money in only a few weeks, and people want him to be “humble.” Why? I want him to keep that same energy and hopefully push CU even further in the next years. 

I think CU is not as good as people thought and they are not as bad as yesterdays performance.  Being brought back down to earth can be a good thing in the long run.  I believe they will have a much better season than the last few seasons, but it won't get any easier next week against USC.

Not gonna happen overnight. Imma give the Buffs some time

1 hour ago, Seeking ~P-1761 said:

Not gonna happen overnight. Imma give the Buffs some time

Exactly. Like Oregon was supposed to be a “real” test?? Oregon. A powerhouse with state of the art training facilities and dopest uniforms backed almost 100% by Nike and has been a realistic football program for at least a decade was supposed to be the litmus test for CU. The same CU that, outside of that one year about 6 years ago, has been trash since Kordell Stewart played in 1995. Looking at almost 30 years of absolute trash. And people want dude to be humble even though he just energized the whole town for a sport they couldn’t care less about. 

He got that old, curving twin dancing with Gronk! But that’s too much. GTFO with that nonsense. If anything, people should be in support and hope the school is good instead of a laughing stock. It’s sad he literally tripled the win record from last season by winning 3 games and yet people are angry at him and the program.