Romanticgoof

Immature Adults these days...

49 posts in this topic

So, trying to set a date with a lady I've been following for some time. She states that she only takes same day appointments, which doesn't work for me - I have an actual job (otherwise known as "source of her donation") and I can't just not show up while I wait for her to tell me if today's a good day or not. So I very politely tell her that doesn't work for me as I can't just make my schedule up as I go along, so I ask politely again if she would be OK with setting a time for next week. She says that's fine as long as I leave a deposit, which I then tell her I'd be OK with as long as we can set a time that works for both of us next week. How unreasonable, eh? Next message is: send deposit on cash app now. No confirmation of date or time she'd be available. Fifteen minutes later: "blocked".

FYI, to repeat: this is an established provider. She's not on TOB, but she has a long track record and a ton of reviews.

One thing I've learned in this hobby is that the best way to preview a bad date is bad communication or flaky behavior leading up to it. If she sucks this bad at client relations, the date's going to suck, and not in a good way.

I suppose this brings me to my question: I've been doing this for a few years now, and it seems that this sort of nonsense is getting more frequent. I get that these ladies are scammed and stood up all the time, and that's crappy, but at the same time, I've never done that, and what's wrong with giving your client, who's a busy guy (like about 99% of the other guys who can actually hobby) the basic courtesy of setting a date that works for both of you before sending money?

Is anyone else seeing this?

And thus endeth my rant.

There two(2) situations where I have given deposits:

1) Group events, like Super Bowl parties.

2) Travel companions

In both situations I have visited the YL(s) receiving the deposit several times before.

If a YL is reluctant to establish a next week appointment, move on to someone who will.

First clue: "She's not on TOB...."  While not an absolute guarantee of satisfaction, I have found that sticking with the established, well reviewed amazing TOB companions greatly  minimizes the kind of nonsense you unfortunately  experienced. I have only paid a deposit once, and it was after we agreed on date, time and place. You might also consider that you apparentky pushed her a bit to do something she already said she doesnt like to do. While that doesnt excuse her poor behavior it might partially explain it.  To answer your question directly - no, I am not seeing this in the pond where I fish.  Perhaps those who cast a wider net are having expsriences more like you described. 

So OP clearly read and understood her business practices, ignored them and then whined about his needs and demanded she change her business just for him.  Shocker she blocked him.  It is simple.  Same day or "only when you are ready" as some ads read, do not and will never work for me and I agree with OP as to how that model does not work for many of us.  So move on to one of the many that say pre-booking required.  Many guys want immediate service, many want to plan ahead.  Many ladies say same day appointments only, many say prebook only.  Why try to force someone else to conform to what you want when there are many others happy to do so?  Not really this complicated.

49 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

So OP clearly read and understood her business practices, ignored them and then whined about his needs and demanded she change her business just for him.  Shocker she blocked him.  It is simple.  Same day or "only when you are ready" as some ads read, do not and will never work for me and I agree with OP as to how that model does not work for many of us.  So move on to one of the many that say pre-booking required.  Many guys want immediate service, many want to plan ahead.  Many ladies say same day appointments only, many say prebook only.  Why try to force someone else to conform to what you want when there are many others happy to do so?  Not really this complicated.

Who’s whining? I was just asking (and quite politely, I might add) if she does prebooking. An ad isn’t a Supreme Court order, for goodness’ sake - exceptions can be made if they’re reasonable, and I’ve had providers do just that. If that didn’t work for her, she should have said “sorry, that’s not how I work - maybe give me a call if you have a free day” or something equally polite to that effect. No harm, no foul. Instead she asked for a deposit without first telling me whether we could actually get together, and then was rude when I asked - again, politely - whether we could set a time and date before I sent said deposit. If we’re making this about business practices…be rude to YOUR new potential customers and see what happens. 

I have to agree with the gents above.  Your request is very reasonable, but if it doesn't confirm to what the lady wants, it doesn't matter how reasonable it is.  Some ladies want to talk, some text, emails, deposits etc.  It's up to gents to make the ladies feel comfortable in seeing them.  If it doesn't work for you (or them), then move on, or wait until you have your day off and see if she's available.

May be see a mature adult provider next time :)  But I have to agree that's how she rolls .. 

Everyone above gave you great advice!  We were not present (flies on the wall) to really make a real judgment call. Also, remember this is an independent business so it doesn’t really even matter if you were in the wrong or the right it’s up to her decide if she wants to see you or not and if she feels that you’re not a good fit for her?   she has a right to turn you down. I’m sure finding who will be willing to schedule with you should be no problem! Never push the lady’s protocol! Always read her website and if she doesn’t have  one, read her reviews and ads. Also always approach her as requested, text, email, call, pm. 
Best of luck! 

20 hours ago, lustybustygina said:

May be see a mature adult provider next time :)  But I have to agree that's how she rolls ..  

🫢 snorted my drink

Maybe find a provider who fits your needs instead of pestering someone to do what they don’t want to do. Why is this so hard to understand? 

Good luck though since you think you’re superior with your “actual job” 

Maybe you should find a better one that gives you an actual lunch break or something. Or like go after or before? Maybe you should get an “actual life” and stop being a crybaby and making an ordeal out of someone not wanting to see you bc you don’t follow their rules. 

On 8/8/2023 at 3:09 PM, lustybustygina said:

I've found that mature providers are consistently more...  ahem, "mature".  In their communications, attitudes, and activities.  I've found a couple exceptions, but I mostly stay within the "MILF" community.

On 8/7/2023 at 11:08 PM, Romanticgoof said:

So, trying to set a date with a lady I've been following for some time. She states that she only takes same day appointments, which doesn't work for me - I have an actual job (otherwise known as "source of her donation") and I can't just not show up while I wait for her to tell me if today's a good day or not. So I very politely tell her that doesn't work for me as I can't just make my schedule up as I go along, so I ask politely again if she would be OK with setting a time for next week. She says that's fine as long as I leave a deposit, which I then tell her I'd be OK with as long as we can set a time that works for both of us next week. How unreasonable, eh? Next message is: send deposit on cash app now. No confirmation of date or time she'd be available. Fifteen minutes later: "blocked".

FYI, to repeat: this is an established provider. She's not on TOB, but she has a long track record and a ton of reviews.

One thing I've learned in this hobby is that the best way to preview a bad date is bad communication or flaky behavior leading up to it. If she sucks this bad at client relations, the date's going to suck, and not in a good way.

I suppose this brings me to my question: I've been doing this for a few years now, and it seems that this sort of nonsense is getting more frequent. I get that these ladies are scammed and stood up all the time, and that's crappy, but at the same time, I've never done that, and what's wrong with giving your client, who's a busy guy (like about 99% of the other guys who can actually hobby) the basic courtesy of setting a date that works for both of you before sending money?

And thus endeth my rant

The only advice I would offer is  If a provider does not want advance appointments, she has her reasons, just as you do.  PERHAPS she is on call for her job and SHE doesn't know if she will be available on the day/time you set up.  She has to cancel and YOU get pissed.  Now she would have to return the deposit ( I don't do deposits because I do not want the "paper trail") and I am sure that is a pain in the butt for her.  I would humbly suggest that if the lady does not offer next day appointments that you simply set your sights on another lass that catches your eye.  Also realize that just because you think your request is reasonable and "polite" someone else might just disagree with you.  You seem to think that your job is more important then her job is and to be honest, that would p#$s me of too.

1 hour ago, CountryGentleman said:

I've found that mature providers are consistently more...  ahem, "mature".  In their communications, attitudes, and activities.  I've found a couple exceptions, but I mostly stay within the "MILF" community.

Completely agree.  My favorites are all over 40. A few are  over 50 (of course, I am WAY over 50....).  Less drama, more reliability,  more creative fun, fewer restrictions......IMHO. 

On 8/7/2023 at 11:08 PM, Romanticgoof said:

And thus endeth my rant.

Are we going to find out who this ESTABLISHED PROVIDER with a ton of reviews is since she isn't on TOB? She gave you an overview of how she runs her business and it looks like not following her PROTOCOL, you got BLOCKED. I just don't UNDERSTAND why even sweat it, have you looked at how many other PROVIDERS it is for you to even think twice about this situation.................... Reminds me of this one TOB provider that I wanted to see pretty bad but LOL, she had a specific way that she screened and I wasn't with it..............................Neither one of us got upset or caused unnecessary drama, she basically said if you want this LOL, you will follow my screening and I said cool, I understand..................................That was about 75 previous providers/reviews ago...................Move on and let it go.............

There's, follow her protocol, which surely goes a long way, and there's closed mouths don't get fed. And every no gets you closer to the bank withdrawal I meant, yes. Such a fine line we walk, gentlemen.

What struck me most about this was the idea that customer service matters, something sorely lacking in this industry I mean, hobby.

If after reading her required procedures and knowing it didn’t fit into my availability, etc., I would have moved on.

Instead you chose to continue to try to get an appointment and eventually she deemed you as a problem and blocked you.

And now you come on here to “rant”.

I know you said you aren’t whining, but yeah you are.

You have been given great advice by both the men and women in this thread. Listen and follow their sage advice.  You’ll be a lot happier.

It’s seems that everyone has a different preference.  I have set many many pre bookings and had them never respond after they set the appointment for a day or several days in advance.  I definitely prefer same day as well but try to accommodate.  To agree with you on the fact that there are many in both scenario that fall through for one reason or another.   Just keep trying and don’t lose sleep over it :) and if you do…. Call me jajaja

11 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

If after reading her required procedures and knowing it didn’t fit into my availability, etc., I would have moved on.

Instead you chose to continue to try to get an appointment and eventually she deemed you as a problem and blocked you.

And now you come on here to “rant”.

I know you said you aren’t whining, but yeah you are.

You have been given great advice by both the men and women in this thread. Listen and follow their sage advice.  You’ll be a lot happier.

Translation: Just how many deposits do you need this month? How about I just turn my pants upside down like this? Will that work honey bunny?

Happy wife happy life!

More than a back channel, we need a provider blacklist. Anyone for a naming contest?

I vote 99problems.com.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

13 hours ago, gr8owl said:

A black list for ladies that run their business in a way that works for them and for charging deposits?  And you want a name for the site? 

How about idiots-be-us.org?  .

😜😄🥹🥹🥹🔧

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

On 8/11/2023 at 4:58 PM, gr8owl said:

A black list for ladies that run their business in a way that works for them and for charging deposits?  And you want a name for the site? 

How about idiots-be-us.org?  .

Oh, there's my bud! I missed your juvenile taunts on an Immature Adults thread.

Truth is, giving every reason to stay away, the personality type described by the OP needs no reason to blacklist us. Happens all the time. But I do like your suggestion. How do you like the avatar?

White Knight GIF - White Knight Horse GIFs

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

1 hour ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

But I do like your suggestion. Nice.  It fits perfectly

How do you like the avatar? Could work if you turn it around so we can see you.

On 8/8/2023 at 3:44 PM, Romanticgoof said:

Who’s whining? I was just asking (and quite politely, I might add) if she does prebooking. An ad isn’t a Supreme Court order, for goodness’ sake - exceptions can be made if they’re reasonable, and I’ve had providers do just that. If that didn’t work for her, she should have said “sorry, that’s not how I work - maybe give me a call if you have a free day” or something equally polite to that effect. No harm, no foul. Instead she asked for a deposit without first telling me whether we could actually get together, and then was rude when I asked - again, politely - whether we could set a time and date before I sent said deposit. If we’re making this about business practices…be rude to YOUR new potential customers and see what happens. 

You're pretty new here. Know anything less than provider shit don't stink lands you in quicksand.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

22 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

You're pretty new here. Know anything less than provider shit don't stink lands you in quicksand.

Also, many of the Hobbit haters you'll see along the way are deathly afraid of losing the privilege to pay.

On 8/9/2023 at 5:15 PM, MyraGold said:

Maybe find a provider who fits your needs instead of pestering someone to do what they don’t want to do. Why is this so hard to understand? 

Good luck though since you think you’re superior with your “actual job” 

Maybe you should find a better one that gives you an actual lunch break or something. Or like go after or before? Maybe you should get an “actual life” and stop being a crybaby and making an ordeal out of someone not wanting to see you bc you don’t follow their rules. 

Notice you are the only one of four providers with a negative contribution to this thread. It's as if you are the topic of this post? Even if not, thanks for raising the flag.

99problems.com

26 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Notice you are the only one of four providers with a negative contribution to this thread. It's as if you are the topic of this post? Even if not, thanks for raising the flag.

99problems.com

Wow you think you know a lot! Lol. Hmm maybe I’ve had my time wasted by  million people who can’t follow simple instructions and can relate. I guess you might not get it since you spend all day everyday on here, but some of us are too busy! Just to give you perspective since you need a thorough explanation (:

1 hour ago, MyraGold said:

Wow you think you know a lot! Lol. Hmm maybe I’ve had my time wasted by  million people who can’t follow simple instructions and can relate. I guess you might not get it since you spend all day everyday on here, but some of us are too busy! Just to give you perspective since you need a thorough explanation (:

"Great" perspective ;) Enjoy your day.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

Should have known hobbitch would be stirring the pot on this thread. 😂

On 8/12/2023 at 1:51 PM, Hobby Hobbit said:

Also, many of the Hobbit haters you'll see along the way are deathly afraid of losing the privilege to pay.

What are you saying @Hobby Hobbit or making reference  too?! As for @Romanticgoof he has written a few reviews. He is however new to talking on the forum.