Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex Majors

Price of Gasoline

30 posts in this topic

Not sure what the price of gas is out where you are but it is currently $4.69 here in KC. Which puts me in over $300 a week in gas purchases. Who knows how high it will go before the end of summer. So how is this affecting your hobbying?  I decided to cut out my strip clubbing altogether. I was spending about 5 days a month going to them. 

No impact on my hobbying. I work from home, so I dont drive much.  Hobbying is a luxury, so the price of the 1-3 gallons of gas it takes to get to/from incalls becomes part of that equation. 

Since I have to drive at least 180 miles one way, I am cutting back.

Going to date myself, can remember when I first started driving you could fill your gas tank for under $8.00 those were the days. Gas prices have not slowed me down hobbying wise yet. 

34 minutes ago, geecue2 said:

Going to date myself, can remember when I first started driving you could fill your gas tank for under $8.00 those were the days. Gas prices have not slowed me down hobbying wise yet. 

As a teenager, I remember gas being 30 cents a gallon.  I'm old !!  Luckily, I work from home most days and don't drive nearly as much as I used to.  Still sucks, and I expect gas to be $5 a gallon here in Denver.

24 minutes ago, Sven Hertzog said:

It's 1.70 Euro per liter in Frankfurt, Germany.

So about $6.88 a gallon

When I was 16, I would stop at Gas-O-Mat and have everyone cough up quarters to fill the tank.  Gas was $.20 a gallon back then.

I paid $4,49 Monday evening and Yesterday I noticed the same station was no $4.69 a gallon.

Which leads to another question.  In the not to distant past, gas was advertised priced at 9/10ths of a gallon instead of a full gallon.  Using todays pricing, would it actually be $4.69 per 9/10ths of a gallon? Making it actually $5.21 per gallon?

I'm curious now.  I'll have to check the pump next time I go in for a fill up.

I've seen 4.99.9 a couple of times in the last two days here in the Springs. But I think the average is around 4.85-4.90. 

3 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

When I was 16, I would stop at Gas-O-Mat and have everyone cough up quarters to fill the tank.  Gas was $.20 a gallon back then.

I paid $4,49 Monday evening and Yesterday I noticed the same station was no $4.69 a gallon.

Which leads to another question.  In the not to distant past, gas was advertised priced at 9/10ths of a gallon instead of a full gallon.  Using todays pricing, would it actually be $4.69 per 9/10ths of a gallon? Making it actually $5.21 per gallon?

I'm curious now.  I'll have to check the pump next time I go in for a fill up.

I thought it was $x.xx.9 for a gallon, not $x.xx for 9/10 of a gallon.

I paid $5.60 a gallon for 91 octane. 😩😩😩 Luckily my office is close.

11 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

what is the affair, why it's getting higher then high.

23 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

I've seen 4.99.9 a couple of times in the last two days here in the Springs. But I think the average is around 4.85-4.90. 

I just paid 5.21 a gallon when I finally found a gas station that had gas available 😳

Edited by HeavenlyBellaCO

I haven't driven my diesel truck since fuel went above $4 a gallon.   My daily is another truck but that costs $130 to fill up. I average 200 miles a week.  

On 6/9/2022 at 5:37 PM, Audrey Astor said:

Just filled up at King Soopers south of Parker, They had a sign out Out of Premium since the Terminal is out.

I usually go to King Sooper's (discount points) and Costco.  Like @Audrey Astor have to run 91 octane.  Costco was $5.59 this past Saturday.  To the OPs question, it hasn't impacted my hobbying yet, but it may in the distant future.

I don't indulge as often as I want, that being said the price hasn't slowed me down. The particular lady who has my focus is 86 miles away, one way. Gas is $4.79 here at the gas stations near me in the Springs. I'm definitely getting an EV next time I purchase a vehicle however.

Between inflation and market hits, I reckon I've lost somewhere north of 20% of my net worth in the last 15months. As a result, I'm a bit shaken.  Of course there are changes to my spending habits

22 hours ago, BigBaldBlk said:

I usually go to King Sooper's (discount points) and Costco.  Like @Audrey Astor have to run 91 octane.  Costco was $5.59 this past Saturday.  To the OPs question, it hasn't impacted my hobbying yet, but it may in the distant future.

Costco was $5,59?  I haven't seen a price that high yet in Denver.  The Loaf and Jug at Kipling and Bellview was $4.75 this morning at 5 am.  No telling what the price is now.

My Bitcoin portfolio is down 27% from last Wednesday

On 6/14/2022 at 7:42 PM, ilovewomen said:

My Bitcoin portfolio is down 27% from last Wednesday

Oh pity, my portfolio is also.

Just drove from Brighton to Springfield, Ohio. Gas was averaging around $5.51 for premium a gallon. I saw diesel as high a $6.18.

I saw a blurb on the internet this morning that stated gasoline was now below $5.00 a gallon..

I didn't read the article so I don't know if that was for a specific location or just an overall for the U.S. average.

On 6/20/2022 at 7:26 PM, ilovewomen said:

I saw a blurb on the internet this morning that stated gasoline was now below $5.00 a gallon..

I didn't read the article so I don't know if that was for a specific location or just an overall for the U.S. average.

I heard the news about decreasing gas price but paying about 6 Euro per gallon. is there any update.

On 6/10/2022 at 5:29 AM, Sven Hertzog said:

what is the affair, why it's getting higher then high.

When a Democrat is voted in then the prices for everything goes up