sparkey600

Vacation? Where Would You Go?

40 posts in this topic

If you could take a really nice (expensive) vacation, where would you go and what would you do? Me? Grand Cayman for a lot of scuba diving, rent a Harley to tour the island, we'd be staying on seven mile beach,  and be eating FRESH mango's every morning! Probably my favorite place on this planet! I LOVE Grand Cayman! How about you!?

Virgin Islands, Hawaii, Florida, California...all great places, to see some sights, and relax!

A nice warm beach location.  Or maybe back to Spain for a vacay.  When I was there, I went on business and really didn't have to time to sight see.

I would love to take my niece and nephew to either Disney world or universal studios in Florida for at least a week (would be nice for a possible 2 if I could afford it)

A 52 foot dive boat afloat just off of the Greek coast, in the Agean Sea, diving wrecks from the Trojan wars (and being fed grapes and chocolate by a Greek nyphet).

On 6/21/2021 at 11:23 PM, sparkey600 said:

If you could take a really nice (expensive) vacation, where would you go and what would you do? Me? Grand Cayman for a lot of scuba diving, rent a Harley to tour the island, we'd be staying on seven mile beach,  and be eating FRESH mango's every morning! Probably my favorite place on this planet! I LOVE Grand Cayman! How about you!?

Count me in.  I love the diving at Grand Cayman.  The brac is not too bad either.

While I enjoy Grand Cayman especially diving the wall I would opt for another trip down the Amazon.  The states also offer a lot esp. Utah with all the canyons and exploring them.  Not too expensive but just my thing. 

I would opt for the far east! I have always wanted to go to Japan. I had flown in to Tokyo years ago, but only was transferring flights. Something about their culture, treating people with respect(highly). New foods, Bullet trains, cherry blossoms, Mt. Fuji, being able to do a real life MarioKart(yes, this is real). Hospitality is second to none. :)

On 6/22/2021 at 6:56 AM, pfunk said:

Virgin Islands, Hawaii, Florida, California...all great places, to see some sights, and relax!

I love Hawaii. Kona has the best diving for sure!

7 hours ago, Strange_Ice said:

I would love to take my niece and nephew to either Disney world or universal studios in Florida for at least a week (would be nice for a possible 2 if I could afford it)

That would be a great vacation for you and your niece and nephew! Do it! 

5 hours ago, BadBoy said:

A 52 foot dive boat afloat just off of the Greek coast, in the Agean Sea, diving wrecks from the Trojan wars (and being fed grapes and chocolate by a Greek nyphet).

I LOVE wreck diving! One of my bucket list dives is the Agean Sea! Fantastic choice!

1 hour ago, coolhand luke said:

While I enjoy Grand Cayman especially diving the wall I would opt for another trip down the Amazon.  The states also offer a lot esp. Utah with all the canyons and exploring them.  Not too expensive but just my thing. 

My son did his check out dives in  GC, so I have a good family feeling about that area. Would love to see the Amazon! Great choice!

46 minutes ago, Steve Rogers said:

I would opt for the far east! I have always wanted to go to Japan. I had flown in to Tokyo years ago, but only was transferring flights. Something about their culture, treating people with respect(highly). New foods, Bullet trains, cherry blossoms, Mt. Fuji, being able to do a real life MarioKart(yes, this is real). Hospitality is second to none. :)

That would be GREAT! Japanese people are so nice in my opinion. Once it was said "you could spend your life looking for the perfect cherry blossom, and it wouldn't be a life wasted" 

5 hours ago, mustang said:

Count me in.  I love the diving at Grand Cayman.  The brac is not too bad either.

Cayman Brac is great as is Little Cayman too!

On 6/22/2021 at 7:30 AM, ilovewomen said:

A nice warm beach location.  Or maybe back to Spain for a vacay.  When I was there, I went on business and really didn't have to time to sight see.

Spain is full of welcoming people I love Spain! Explore Spain, you will not be sorry!

9 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Spain is full of welcoming people I love Spain! Explore Spain, you will not be sorry!

I have been to Spain as well, absolutely gorgeous! The old Roman aqueducts in Sergovia were the highlight of my journey. I even got to be there during the Eurocup; everybody was watching soccer matches.

I loved looking at the Montserrat Mountains...a very breathtaking sight.  Nothing like them in the U.S.

I would either go to Scotland or France. I’m interested in the history of both of those places. 

Edited by CallieVane

On 6/23/2021 at 6:29 PM, mustang said:

Brac and Little Cayman are on my bucket list for sure! Love the wall on GC! Stingray City and Chicken Chicken. If you haven't heard of them Google it. Great Jamaica jerked chicken. 

For me it would be a combo trip to both Hawaii and Australia.  My dad spent time in both place when in the Navy in the 1930's and 1940's, and though time has moved on, it would be fun to visit places he went to and enjoyed.

Greece, Japan, many other countries, I would also enjoy hiking the Appalachian mountain range. Too much to consider and have fun making amazing memories traveling! While in college I did some really interesting travels over i Europe and Turkey a few other places. . One thing I don’t believe I could ever enjoy is working while traveling. For me it’s about emerging my whole being into the full Experience!

Thank you, @sparkey600 

To be able to emerge as a better human through travel or experience something else of this nature  is what it is all about!  Travel is icing on the cake! 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

2 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Greece, Japan, many other countries, I would also enjoy hiking the Appalachian mountain range. Too much to consider and have fun making amazing memories traveling! While in college I did some really interesting travels over i Europe and Turkey a few other places. . One thing I don’t believe I could ever enjoy is working while traveling. For me it’s about emerging my whole being into the full Experience!

Thank you, @sparkey600 

There's SO many nice places to travel to. A lot of good ideas here I have not considered. Kali, you as always shared your insight which is always amazing and much appreciated! I hadn't really thought about the Appalachian range until now, you have me thinking for sure!

All, you live only once. Life is an adventure, live it! (as I like to say) Do the things you love, love the people in your life, live with no regrets. Help others that need it.

Live and be kind to others, help the hopeless and the homeless  and you will find true happiness and that will be returned to you ten fold.

10 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

There's SO many nice places to travel to. A lot of good ideas here I have not considered. Kali, you as always shared your insight which is always amazing and much appreciated! I hadn't really thought about the Appalachian range until now, you have me thinking for sure!

All, you live only once. Life is an adventure, live it! (as I like to say) Do the things you love, love the people in your life, live with no regrets. Help others that need it.

Live and be kind to others, help the hopeless and the homeless  and you will find true happiness and that will be returned to you ten fold.

Sparkey, your post brought a smile to my face...for a number of reasons. 

There are lots of places in Colorado and the USA that are great to visit.  I've been fortunate in my life to have visited most of the lower 48.  Such a variety of climates and sights.

And you sentiments on living life and treating others with kindness and compassion pays dividends to all involved.  Take care.

On 6/21/2021 at 10:23 PM, sparkey600 said:

I'v been there ,,just no Harley ride    .. Love it 

Love to go back to Ireland and revisit for about 3weeks .. and not to break my ankle again.. 

Co. vacation is very nice .. 

Edited by lustybustygina

On 7/1/2021 at 9:54 AM, average1 said:

Sparkey, your post brought a smile to my face...for a number of reasons. 

There are lots of places in Colorado and the USA that are great to visit.  I've been fortunate in my life to have visited most of the lower 48.  Such a variety of climates and sights.

And you sentiments on living life and treating others with kindness and compassion pays dividends to all involved.  Take care.

Thank you bud. Means a lot to me. I love Colorado as much as you, I appreciate Colorado and am thankful I live here, I really do. Lot's of very nice places to visit or camp here. My wife and I like to go to Estes Park on our Harley's, not to much since I was stupid and broke my ankle.....Getting better, two years of physical therapy.....I'm hopeful! 

Hoping you have a very nice 4th of July weekend with friends and family. Have some fun and RELAX! YAY!

On 7/1/2021 at 3:02 PM, lustybustygina said:

I'v been there ,,just no Harley ride    .. Love it 

Riding GC on a (rented Harley) is stupid fun!

i would go away - remote - peaceful - island-ish-like - have the amenities to enjoy but not enough to draw crowds...

then just be with it - unadulterated by the chaos we live in today...

On 6/21/2021 at 11:23 PM, sparkey600 said:

FUCKING BELIZE!!!!!!