Mustang87

Hobby Phone becoming an issue

44 posts in this topic

I've been using a hobby phone for a number of years now, a simple Tracfone that I buy minutes for every 90 days, but it has started to become an issue. Keeping it a secret can be difficult at times and there have been a couple of close calls recently.  I've heard talk of aps that can be used to text and even make phone calls, that can be hidden on your primary phone. Can anyone provide any suggestions?  Would those texts and calls be coming from a phone number different than my primary number? How much does something like that cost? Anyway to keep my current hobby number?  How do you keep the activity hidden, while still being able to monitor communications?  Any insight would be appreciated.

There are text apps that are free and locking apps where you can hide them or disguise them as something else. The only downfall to apps is some ladies will refuse to see you if you use an app number 🤷‍♀️

Luckily for @Mustang87, there's a ton of ladies that will take his stellar references. 😋

On 6/16/2021 at 1:43 PM, Mustang87 said:

I've been using a hobby phone for a number of years now, a simple Tracfone that I buy minutes for every 90 days, but it has started to become an issue. Keeping it a secret can be difficult at times and there have been a couple of close calls recently.  I've heard talk of aps that can be used to text and even make phone calls, that can be hidden on your primary phone. Can anyone provide any suggestions?  Would those texts and calls be coming from a phone number different than my primary number? How much does something like that cost? Anyway to keep my current hobby number?  How do you keep the activity hidden, while still being able to monitor communications?  Any insight would be appreciated.

Google voice is probably the easiest thing to setup. Lives in an app on your phone. You can turn off notifications if you want in your OS, can essential do call forwarding to your phone should you decide to talk, and has a permanent number it generates for you to use so yes it would be coming from a different number. I don’t think you can keep your current hobby number. The caveat being you will need a Google email address to set it up. And further, before anyone says anything, yes it’s Google so something to consider but it’s convenient and hassle free for the most part. Feel free to message me and I can walk you through whatever or answer any questions you might have. 

1 hour ago, JoDoe27 said:

Google voice is probably the easiest thing to setup. Lives in an app on your phone. You can turn off notifications if you want in your OS, can essential do call forwarding to your phone should you decide to talk, and has a permanent number it generates for you to use so yes it would be coming from a different number. I don’t think you can keep your current hobby number. The caveat being you will need a Google email address to set it up. And further, before anyone says anything, yes it’s Google so something to consider but it’s convenient and hassle free for the most part. Feel free to message me and I can walk you through whatever or answer any questions you might have. 

I use this to have a separate number for my business. It works great! As you noted, it's Google, so privacy could be an issue. It's not a concern for me, as I'm not hiding anything. 

My hobby phone has 2 SIM card slots. I have one for providers and one for sugarbabies. It will keep track of which line you  are on. I can switch one off in just a second. So if you still want to keep your number, maybe you could have that as an option. You could still carry just one phone.

On 6/17/2021 at 4:29 PM, pfunk said:

I use this to have a separate number for my business. It works great! As you noted, it's Google, so privacy could be an issue. It's not a concern for me, as I'm not hiding anything. 

I agree with The Funk when he states "Its not a concern for me, as I am not hiding anything LOL. Single/Single/Single man that has no worries..........................LIfe is good..........Whoever said single men are miserable, they lied to ya................

I have a hard time keeping track of one phone. I can't imagine trying to keep up with two. In my group of friends my common refrain is, "can someone please call my phone". I have actually had Stage Managers assign cast members to help keep track of my phone. Having said that, I have worked to cultivate a small circle of favorite playmates that helps me keep it simple. 

Useful apps

MySudo (15/mo 9 numbers unlimited text)

Burner 

Hushed  

google voice

do some research, then decide  

All I do is this:

Honey do you like this woman? No? move along...Honey do you like this woman? Yes? Excellent, let's set something up!

On 6/18/2021 at 8:11 PM, Savoir Faire said:

I agree with The Funk when he states "Its not a concern for me, as I am not hiding anything LOL. Single/Single/Single man that has no worries..........................LIfe is good..........Whoever said single men are miserable, they lied to ya................

Lied to you in a BIG WAY! hahahaha

8 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

All I do is this:

Honey do you like this woman? No? move along...Honey do you like this woman? Yes? Excellent, let's set something up!

Looks @ Sparkey and says:  All I do is ask MYSELF do I like this woman? If I do, Me Myself and I sets it up..............................Imagine you see a woman that you want so dearly but you have to ask before you can pursue. LIFE IS GOOD ......

Edited by Savoir Faire
Added more to my stated opinion

14 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

Looks @ Sparkey and says:  All I do is ask MYSELF do I like this woman? If I do, Me Myself and I sets it up..............................Imagine you see a woman that you want so dearly but you have to ask before you can pursue. LIFE IS GOOD ......

But imagine what you just described but in a threesome. Life is good.

9 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

But imagine what you just described but in a threesome. Life is good.

Sparkey I wish you luck.

Hobby phone "discretion" can be an issue.  Since I leave mine off unless I know I will be making an appointment, it is not too hard.  My main argument for everyone to use  hobby phone is the "I have your phone number and NOW unless you do "x" or "xx" I will tell your (fill in the blank)  Just toss tpo phone, get a new one with a new number nd let em call Trac Phone.  ALWAYS pay cash

14 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

Sparkey I wish you luck.

Thanks bud..  But that's the we roll here. All is good. Wife likes other women as much as  do. 

3 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Thanks bud..  But that's the we roll here. All is good. Wife likes other women as much as  do. 

Sparkey by no means was I downplaying the way you and your wife roll, I just wanted you to imagine being able to roll your way at another level TIMES 3 without having to ask for permission.

16 hours ago, mustang said:

Hobby phone "discretion" can be an issue.  Since I leave mine off unless I know I will be making an appointment, it is not too hard.  My main argument for everyone to use  hobby phone is the "I have your phone number and NOW unless you do "x" or "xx" I will tell your (fill in the blank)  Just toss tpo phone, get a new one with a new number nd let em call Trac Phone.  ALWAYS pay cash

That is pretty much how I operate with my hobby phone. Tracfone, buy pre-paid cards with cash and keep it in my office.  The problem comes when I need to use it. I usually pre-book and usually morning appointments.  That requires me to take the phone home so I have access to it before I leave to confirm appointment and call/text when I arrive. Those are the times when it gets hairy. Having a hidden ap in my phone that could be turned on and off and can make and receive calls and texts seems like a possible solution.

I understand there are plenty of guys out there who don't have a need for discretion, and more power to you, but that is not my particular situation.

20 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

Sparkey by no means was I downplaying the way you and your wife roll, I just wanted you to imagine being able to roll your way at another level TIMES 3 without having to ask for permission.

I get that bud! Asking for permission to do the things you like is restrictive to say the least! 

Man I'm glad I don't have to try to keep track of a second phone,nid fuck that up eventually

I use google voice. Set up a separate gmail and don’t get instant message notifications. Just check it periodically when you need to and don’t add your real number use your trac phone while it works and when it is deactivated your google voice will still work. Mine always has!

I've had a good experience with the app called Burner on my regular smartphone. It gives you an assigned number and works just like a normal text/call. Relatively inexpensive for yearly subscription. Do beware, though, that I've had a couple of providers refuse to deal with me because they say they can tell I'm using that kind of app. So that's maybe a drawback of this approach vs. having a dedicated actual phone you can use for this hobby. 

On 7/20/2021 at 4:29 PM, Fenrir373 said:

I've had a good experience with the app called Burner on my regular smartphone. It gives you an assigned number and works just like a normal text/call. Relatively inexpensive for yearly subscription. Do beware, though, that I've had a couple of providers refuse to deal with me because they say they can tell I'm using that kind of app. So that's maybe a drawback of this approach vs. having a dedicated actual phone you can use for this hobby. 

I find it interesting that a "throw away phone" is OK.  But an app on your phone isn't. 

Hmmm. 

13 hours ago, frankenthaler91 said:

I find it interesting that a "throw away phone" is OK.  But an app on your phone isn't. 

Hmmm. 

Yeah, I think it might be because somehow the burner app number shows up as spoofed or something, but the "real" phone has an actual number assigned to it that won't show that. I'm not entirely sure why or how there is a difference but I've had two providers mention to me that they know I'm using a phone app and they won't communicate with me on it, and who knows if other providers just haven't responded to my texts for the same reason. Nevertheless, I've still had a good experience with the Burner app and the opsec it provides is important enough to me that I'm willing to lose out on a few specific providers if that's the tradeoff.

I tried the "throw away phone" thing before I found the app and it was just too much of a headache and not secret enough (I had no good cover story or justification to explain why I had a separate phone if it was discovered by certain people in my life).

On 6/16/2021 at 1:43 PM, Mustang87 said:

Sideline is awesome!!!  And I think there’s something simple like calculator app you can download that’s actually used to hide different apps

On 6/17/2021 at 3:59 PM, JoDoe27 said:

GOOGLE VOICE TRANSCRIBES EVERYTHING!!!!!

On 7/20/2021 at 3:29 PM, Fenrir373 said:

Personally I found a burner phone to be very expensive and not very user-friendly.

On 8/13/2021 at 3:02 PM, Elle Blake said:

Sideline is awesome!!!  And I think there’s something simple like calculator app you can download that’s actually used to hide different apps

Thanks. My most recent 90 days on my hobby phone are about up and have to decide soon if I want to reup for another 90 days or try one of the aps that are out there.

Slightly different issue - I have a tracfone burner phone, and I HATE trying to text on that damn flip phone. Several old iPhones laying around and I am aware the sim could go in one of those, but the iPhones take the nano sim, and this sim is too big. I don’t want to give up the number as some ladies know my current number and trust it. 

My current iPhone can also dual sim and if I had the right sized sim, it is a lot easier to hide and pop a sim in when I need it, than that damn flip phone. 

On 6/22/2021 at 2:36 AM, Savoir Faire said:

I get, it's all good, no worries.