1. 1. Who did you vote for

• Biden
    • Trump
    • Other
  2. 2. And why?

• Pandemic
    • Economy
    • Other and please elaborate

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 posts in this topic

Who did you choose in this election and why?

43 minutes ago, sb1212 said:

I vote for Laci.  Think of the possibilities...

Write in Laci

2 hours ago, Ninja_07 said:

Did you vote on your own poll yet? 

I have not answered the poll. 

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

I have not answered the poll. 

Speaking of Polls...

AA6AB70D-79EF-4AF1-8E66-2A5C13EEC5E3_1_201_a.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

Speaking of Polls...

AA6AB70D-79EF-4AF1-8E66-2A5C13EEC5E3_1_201_a.jpeg

Probably a 3 gasper 🤣🤣🤣

I really don't want to vote for a guy who thinks he is running for the US Senate and also running against Bush for President. I have had a few customers like that and their families just used to lock all the doors on the house,  to keep them from wandering out in public. That explains the basement.

I don't see any real choice and those who think Biden is a throw back don't realize we need competence and stability to help us dig out from this shit storm.  We need it.  We can't take 4 more years of the Orange Man.

1 hour ago, time4fun said:

I don't see any real choice and those who think Biden is a throw back don't realize we need competence and stability to help us dig out from this shit storm.  We need it.  We can't take 4 more years of the Orange Man.

Turn off the news and you will be ok 

Simple, solution.  Crawl under a rock and let the totalitarians rule.  No Thanks.

Colorado is already screwed with the existing Democrat control, adding Biden will just screw you deeper

1 hour ago, mustang said:

Colorado is already screwed with the existing Democrat control, adding Biden will just screw you deeper

What a well thought out, and thoroughly described argument. 

On 10/29/2020 at 4:29 PM, sb1212 said:

I vote for Laci.  Think of the possibilities...

+1

After all this is over, we all need to remember...Respect the results, regardless if your guy won or not.   The majority will speak.  We don't have to like the final results, but we need to live with them and make the best of the results. and if your guy wins, don't rub it in.  Be gracious.  And remember, it could have gone the opposite way.

We need to heal the rift that we have in our society and the only we can accomplish that is if we start respecting each other.

4 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

After all this is over, we all need to remember...Respect the results, regardless if your guy won or not.   The majority will speak.  We don't have to like the final results, but we need to live with them and make the best of the results. and if your guy wins, don't rub it in.  Be gracious.  And remember, it could have gone the opposite way.

We need to heal the rift that we have in our society and the only we can accomplish that is if we start respecting each other.

There aren’t enough rep points for ^this^ post!!!👏👏👏

7 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Oui, I really didn't want to respond.

Given your answer for respect and healing the rift. Um, I think you all know the answer. One guy is respectful, one guy is not. Vote Colorado! YAY our democracy! 

13 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Oui, I really didn't want to respond.

Given your answer for respect and healing the rift. Um, I think you all know the answer. One guy is respectful, one guy is not. Vote Colorado! YAY our democracy! 

When I posted about being respectful, I wasn’t  referring to the candidates. I think we all know about their level of respect.

I was specifically talking about the general public and the TOB community.

It appears that the election results is going to be a lot closer than I was hoping for. I really wanted results that had a big gap in the popular vote so that it would be difficult for either candidate (and supporters) to challenge the results.

As it is, it will be close and the results will be challenged in court I believe and that makes me sad.

Hopefully when all is said, we will come together as a community and get back to the business at hand...which is having fun with each other.

2 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

When I posted about being respectful, I wasn’t  referring to the candidates. I think we all know about their level of respect.

I was specifically talking about the general public and the TOB community.

It appears that the election results is going to be a lot closer than I was hoping for. I really wanted results that had a big gap in the popular vote so that it would be difficult for either candidate (and supporters) to challenge the results.

As it is, it will be close and the results will be challenged in court I believe and that makes me sad.

Hopefully when all is said, we will come together as a community and get back to the business at hand...which is having fun with each other.

Sadly I doubt the country will heal, regardless of who wins. It’s Hatfield & McCoys all over again, on a National scale.

On 11/3/2020 at 3:05 PM, ilovewomen said:

The majority will speak.

Not necessarily - a president doesn't need to win the majority of American votes to win.  He or she needs 270 electoral votes.  Andrew Jackson, Rutherford Hayes, Grover Cleveland, Al Gore, and Hillary Clinton all won the popular vote but lost the electoral college.

Edited by Kaduk
OP's request; to clarify as Al Gore and not George Bush

What a choice we had.  A 47 yr  ineffective, bumbling, incoherent career politician proxy vs. a soulless, lying, amoral narcissist whose top (only?) priority is his own best interests.  H. Ross Perot, where are you when we really needed you? 

Perot was an independent............

We must always remember that..........

We are governed by a Republican or a Democrat!

I don’t believe that will ever change.

5 hours ago, lintlizard said:

Not necessarily - a president doesn't need to win the majority of American votes to win.  He or she needs 270 electoral votes.  Andrew Jackson, Rutherford Hayes, Grover Cleveland, George W. Bush, and Hillary Clinton all won the popular vote but lost the electoral college. 

Oops - meant to say Al Gore, not George W

Edited by Kaduk
OP's request; to clarify as Al Gore and not George Bush

I read a quote today which seems so appropriate.

“There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.”
—John Adams, The Works of John Adams, Second President of The United States

Regardless of who is running for election and who you are voting for, all elections should be free from voter suppression and voters should not be disenfranchised.

Voting is a civic responsibility and the ability to vote should never be hindered...no matter if it is in person, by mail, absentee ballot or even electronically. 

Even though we do not have electronic voting yet, I do believe it is something that will be available to us in the future and that it can be accomplished securely.