Laci French

Such a great time of year

46 posts in this topic

What are your favorite trails to hike with your fur loves?

I don't have any fur loves, but South Valley Park in Jefferson County open space is not a bad little hike and it loops if you want. It's just behind Ken Caryl Valley and to the south. It boarders the Foothills and has rock features(red stone) like Red Rocks. 

I’ve been all around Winter Park, Vail and  Manitou. Thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming. 

Echo Lake trail followed by lunch at the lodge.

There is a nice, easy hiking spot around O'Fallen Park.

Sol Vista- (I know it has a new name).I enjoyed in the chair lift ride up and the beautiful hike down the mountain.

Of course Sloan’s Lake-  a couple trips around the lake.

I walk quite a bit. I love walking around my neighborhood and up to the bank all over the place. I have serious enjoyed walking this year! Most days not very exciting but I love to explore and even though their is forest fire smoke . I love to walk hard and often!
🐾🐾🐾🐾❤️🐾🐾🐾🐾❤️🐾🐾🐾❤️

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

12 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Of course Sloan’s Lake-  a couple trips around the lake.
🐾🐾🐾🐾❤️🐾🐾🐾🐾❤️🐾🐾🐾❤️

Really like how the city has managed Sloan's Lake and turned it into a walking path only venue. The neighborhood surrounding Sloan's has been interesting to watch from a remodeling/rebuild of many single-story houses into two story dwellings that are there now.....

On 10/4/2020 at 1:11 PM, Kaduk said:

Really like how the city has managed Sloan's Lake and turned it into a walking path only venue. The neighborhood surrounding Sloan's has been interesting to watch from a remodeling/rebuild of many single-story houses into two story dwellings that are there now.....

I should go see how things have changed around there... I grew up around sloan's lake, went to lake middle school  right there on the east side of the park, and I remember the late nights running around the park losing weight for wrestling during high school. Haven't been in that area in years though

Westminster Hills Off-Leash Dog Park... Great walk lets the dogs be dogs, TONS of open space (420 acres) a bunch of trails if you want to avoid crowds too. My pups favorite place!

Spruce Mountain Trail near Larkspur. Gorgeous 6.5 mile loop. Also Mount Herman, Limbaugh Canyon/Raspberry Mtn, and Chautauqua Mtn near Palmer Lake. I love hiking with my dog! 

Castle wood Canyon, Roxborough both have great trails.

On 10/6/2020 at 3:49 PM, jaski111 said:

Westminster Hills Off-Leash Dog Park... Great walk lets the dogs be dogs, TONS of open space (420 acres) a bunch of trails if you want to avoid crowds too. My pups favorite place!

Gonna try this and thanks. 

23 hours ago, Becolo said:

Castle wood Canyon, Roxborough both have great trails.

Love those and  had a picnic there this week.  

On 10/8/2020 at 10:50 AM, Apples said:

Spruce Mountain Trail near Larkspur. Gorgeous 6.5 mile loop. Also Mount Herman, Limbaugh Canyon/Raspberry Mtn, and Chautauqua Mtn near Palmer Lake. I love hiking with my dog! 

Making plans for next week and thanks.  

On 9/30/2020 at 8:47 PM, Laci French said:

Not sure about the dogs, but off the beaten path the trail that starts in Pueblo Mountain Park in Beulah, proceeds west to Squirrel Creek, then  along Squirrel Creek, through the partially restored remains of the first national forest motor camping site in US, to the Davenport Campground, and to Highway 67 near the Bishop Castle.  Was once the main highway until floods in the forties washed road out in several places - hint, you will have to cross creek several times and get your feet wet.  The oak brush and aspen should be pretty nice.  It is a long hike so you probably want a ride at both ends.  Oh, btw, lots of bears chowing down to hibernate so control them pups ;)  Other trails fork off along the way, map is a good idea till you know where you are going.

1 minute ago, gr8owl said:

Not sure about the dogs, but off the beaten path the trail that starts in Pueblo Mountain Park in Beulah, proceeds west to Squirrel Creek, then  along Squirrel Creek, through the partially restored remains of the first national forest motor camping site in US, to the Davenport Campground, and to Highway 67 near the Bishop Castle.  Was once the main highway until floods in the forties washed road out in several places - hint, you will have to cross creek several times and get your feet wet.  The oak brush and aspen should be pretty nice.  It is a long hike so you probably want a ride at both ends.  Oh, btw, lots of bears chowing down to hibernate so control them pups ;)  Other trails fork off along the way, map is a good idea till you know where you are going.

This sounds amazing and I will go this weekend.  
Thanks so much😊

18 hours ago, Laci French said:

This sounds amazing and I will go this weekend.  
Thanks so much😊

Minor brain fart ..... the west end takes one to highway 165 near Bishop Castle, NOT highway 67 hehe, which ends in Wetmore.  BTW folks used to access trail from the end of Squirrel Creek Road and there are maps that still indicate that route HOWEVER the county vacated a portion of Squirrel Creek Road and it is private and posted.  So the only access from the east is a trail out of the Mountain Park (stated that right!!) that hits the old Squirrel Creek Road west of the private part.  From there west on Forest Service property.

3 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Minor brain fart ..... the west end takes one to highway 165 near Bishop Castle, NOT highway 67 hehe, which ends in Wetmore.  BTW folks used to access trail from the end of Squirrel Creek Road and there are maps that still indicate that route HOWEVER the county vacated a portion of Squirrel Creek Road and it is private and posted.  So the only access from the east is a trail out of the Mountain Park (stated that right!!) that hits the old Squirrel Creek Road west of the private part.  From there west on Forest Service property.

I’ll bring peanuts and thanks.  Either going tomorrow or Monday.  

On 10/1/2020 at 4:38 AM, Steve Rogers said:

I don't have any fur loves, but South Valley Park in Jefferson County open space is not a bad little hike and it loops if you want. It's just behind Ken Caryl Valley and to the south. It boarders the Foothills and has rock features(red stone) like Red Rocks. 

Thanks

I would wait at least 2 weeks before going to the south valley park open space near Ken Caryl. DOW has closed Deer Trail Park for at least 2 weeks because of an aggressive mountain lion in the area. Deer Trail Park is near The south valley park open space.

3 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I would wait at least 2 weeks before going to the south valley park open space near Ken Caryl. DOW has closed Deer Trail Park for at least 2 weeks because of an aggressive mountain lion in the area. Deer Trail Park is near The south valley park open space.

I’ll bring catnip😉

How about you bring the gun and I’ll take pictures 😊

On 9/30/2020 at 8:47 PM, Laci French said:

Golden Gate Canyon State park,  has an abundance of hiking trails with beautiful scenery, my fav being the panorama point location.  Peaceful and not too crowded, beautiful leaves falling to walk through and is dog friendly!

5 hours ago, MtnWood said:

You know where to bring them 😉

Thinking about a really intense hike...8 or 10 hours.  Know a good spot?