lintlizard

Coronavirus Poll

caronavirus poll   106 members have voted

1. 1. who's playing, who's not - you're anonymous

• I'm a CLIENT and I'm still playing
    • I'm a CLIENT and I'm not playing for a while
    • I'm a PROVIDER and I'm still taking appointments
    • I'm a PROVIDER and I'm not taking appointments for a while

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

How about an anonymous poll about who's playing and who's not...?

Edited by lintlizard

The heck with anonymity, I’ll proudly declare I am in. In fact, I spent a wonderful morning in the beautiful arms of my ATF yesterday - and it was a refreshing break from all of this responsible behavior.

42 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

I’ll proudly declare I am in. In fact,

...a dumb idiot. Keep your 2 inch pecker in your pants, stay the fuck home, and wash your hands.

58 minutes ago, 2Big said:

...a dumb idiot. Keep your 2 inch pecker in your pants, stay the fuck home, and wash your hands.

We all love you 2 Big.

Are you following your advice you just gave to BadBoy?

As I only visit one lady, I am still in the game as long as she is.

1 hour ago, 2Big said:

The entire image I have built up of 2-Big over all of these long years just came crashing down in tiny, broken pieces.

I’m sad.

Edited by BadBoy

Unfortunately I have not developed a local following here in the RGV and access to the cross-border brothels has been closed. 😟

I’ve got the Covid right now...I think, they won’t test me though. I have most of the symptoms, but fortunately they’re are moderate at best so far. Once I’m out of quarantine, and symptom free for 2 weeks I’ll be immune and back out there hobbying again. 

i assume we will have providers contracting Covid soon as well. Hopefully they will quarantine till there well and not contagious.  I wonder, will we then see providers advertising as “Covid-friendly” ?? 

Edited by 1over

I am only seeing regulars who don’t travel and are not above 65 at this time. I have a mortgage that needs paying and that stops for no man or virus.

7 minutes ago, CallieVane said:

I am only seeing regulars who don’t travel and are not above 65 at this time. I have a mortgage that needs paying and that stops for no man or virus.

For you, myself, and anyone that may find themselves in need mortgage relief programs are happening with this one not incurring penalties and defaults like the last recession. At least it’s not supposed. But this is worth checking out.

https://themortgagereports.com/63437/mortgage-relief-refinance-programs

46 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

For you, myself, and anyone that may find themselves in need mortgage relief programs are happening with this one not incurring penalties and defaults like the last recession. At least it’s not supposed. But this is worth checking out.

https://themortgagereports.com/63437/mortgage-relief-refinance-programs

Thank you for this! This is incredibly helpful! 

4 hours ago, BadBoy said:

The entire image I have built up of 2-Big over all of these long years just came crashing down in tiny, broken pieces.

I’m sad.

You proud, sad, fragile man.

With a smile on your face.

I’m in, just less often. Life is too short to be taken seriously.

Same as Callie said. It’s a difficult decision and time. I’m used to pitching in and helping during crises (financially), but this time is very different. Bless you all in health, safety and happiness.

16 hours ago, CallieVane said:

Definitely understand the mortgage issue so do not understand why you aren't seeing your old buddies who are over 65. From what I have read you are at as much at risk of being infected by any age except kids who are more resistant. All ages can be a carrier but over 65 are more likely to have underlying conditions and a weaker immune system so the are more to likely to get sick and have more serious symptoms. Do think your travel ban is wise.

If I am wrong or if someone has more current information please correct me!!!!

18 hours ago, CallieVane said:

I am only seeing regulars who don’t travel and are not above 65 at this time.

While I defer to our many member epidemiologists, I have nowhere seen that age is a factor in prevalence. Simply put, you're as likely to catch it if you're 20 as if you're 80 yrs old. People of all ages can become infected and transmit the virus. Age is a factor in the course of the disease and outcomes. Simply put, if you're over 65 and you do contract the virus, you're more likely to die.  If you're going to continue to see people, your restriction on prior travel makes sense but just barely. The restriction on age is not supported by the data. 

Edited by Happymon

18 hours ago, CallieVane said:

A 20, 30, 40 year old can be just as easily infected as a 60 or 70 year old with this crap. The only difference is that a 50, 60, 70 year old (and anyone with other health conditions) has greater chance of the symptoms being more severe.

Traveling by commercial carrier is definitely not a good thing right now. My last business trip was 3 weeks ago and I have been checking my temperature daily...it’s always below 98.6.

No plans in the next month for travel. I can probably conduct most meetings over GoTo Meeting for the next month.

You have to make a choice of what you feel is right for you during this difficult time period.

I've heard it said if, when this whole thing is over,  we think nothing happened, then we were successful in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.

We need to think about not becoming infected, and also about not infecting others if we are sick.

For the purposes of this board, think of it as a bad, BAD case of the clap.  First off, you don't want to get it, but if you do, isn't the honorable thing NOT to give it to someone else? 

At this point the poll is better then 3 to 1 against playing around.

Just sayin. 

Wow 3 to 1 saying no. Surprised but have to say it’s the smart thing to do. Price of 🐈 probably about to drop like airline stocks. 

1 hour ago, Seeker5280 said:

At this point the poll is better then 3 to 1 against playing around.

Just sayin. 

This is not a poll asking if we should or should not play around.

Its a poll of who is and who isn’t playing.

Just saying.

I’m glad you all are finding it courageous and the right thing to do but what about us who depend on it. There isn’t some anonymous donation going around to keep our head above water. I know how healthy I feel and I stay home more than most people so I know I haven’t been around anyone that has it or that has been around someone that has. I don’t think it’s a horrible thing to definitely be more particular with who you see but I don’t have many options. I Spent my whole life being a bartender so I’m not quite sure what  I can do to survive at this poin. It’s scary to think about getting it but being homeless is just as scary so I don’t know what people want us to do. It’s easy for you guys to say no but imagine if you were us... just put yourself in our shoes.  It’s not an easy place to be right now 

Do you guys think that All the people that have the coronavirus are honestly staying home and secluding themselves from everything and not going to the store, etc so are you gonna stop going to the store too because you might be able to get it there too. Just a thought 

It's not an easy place for anybody to be in right now. There are plenty of us who are not providers that have already been laid off and have no means of income. Individuals with no savings and/or credit who are living paycheck to paycheck are going to feel this first and most certainly the hardest.

What would be most devastating is if the unregulated derivatives markets fail. Then, the BIG BOYS in government would most certainly provide bailouts for the big corporations and investors who have been betting on futures.  Yes, every American will likely get a couple of checks for $1200 bucks, but the amount of money that would go into the pockets of already wealthy speculators will be obscene.

I think the financial fallout of this pandemic has the potential to make 2008 look like a little blip in the economy.

I understand this completely I have a lot of sympathy for people and I’m sure some are trying to make things a little easier on everybody but I know that the last time I watched the news they were saying groups of 10 or less, 2 people is way less than 10 so if you can why is it such a bad thing if you do? 

3 minutes ago, lintlizard said:

It's not an easy place for anybody to be in right now. There are plenty of us who are not providers that have already been laid off and have no means of income. Individuals with no savings and/or credit who are living paycheck to paycheck are going to feel this first and most certainly the hardest.

What would be most devastating is if the unregulated derivatives markets fail. Then, the BIG BOYS in government would most certainly provide bailouts for the big corporations and investors who have been betting on futures.  Yes, every American will likely get a couple of checks for $1200 bucks, but the amount of money that would go into the pockets of already wealthy speculators will be obscene.

I think the financial fallout of this pandemic has the potential to make 2008 look like a little blip in the economy

I think it's all about lessening the curve of infections, and the exponential growth of transmissions that can happen in larger groups. Ideally, if everyone were able to self isolate, then the health care systems would be about to contain it. But that's a perfect world scenario...

Containment, and slowing the rate of infection, are the reasons for bars and restaurants shutting down.  It's also why we are social isolating.

Like the providers, I work for myself. I understand their concerns. I have 6 days of work left (booked before this started), and then zilch/nothing. I'm certain many providers have zilch/nothing right now. Many, many, many people are already laid off with no income. 

Almost everyone is suffering. All we can do is support each other, as best we can. :)

2 minutes ago, pfunk said:

Containment, and slowing the rate of infection, are the reasons for bars and restaurants shutting down.  It's also why we are social isolating.

Like the providers, I work for myself. I understand their concerns. I have 6 days of work left (booked before this started), and then zilch/nothing. I'm certain many providers have zilch/nothing right now. Many, many, many people are already laid off with no income. 

Almost everyone is suffering. All we can do is support each other, as best we can. :)

♥️

1 hour ago, Madison Taylor said:

Do you guys think that All the people that have the coronavirus are honestly staying home and secluding themselves from everything and not going to the store, etc so are you gonna stop going to the store too because you might be able to get it there too. Just a thought 

No, I don’t think all the infested are self quarantining,  simply because most folks are carriers for several days before they become symptomatic.  The whole point of the social distancing campaign and business closures is to reduce exposure to one another, and thereby reduce the probability of infection.

We just went for a ride thru Red Rocks. Went up the hill to Evergreen too.

There was as much traffic and activity as on a summer day!

I think cabin fever got reset today for a week or two.