Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Audrey Astor

Since We Went All Pussy & Stuff—-a feel good story

17 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

I’ve done the same thing when I find jewelry because it’s the right thing. Would you turn them in?

Of course !     Many a time I've turned in obviously forgotten valuables to the lost and found dept.

I always try to return items I find that are not mine. 

That said, it was a bitch process to give money back to the bank that a ATM gave me by mistake. True story.

IT’S ALL ABOUT KARMA!

Karma rules! Always!

33 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

I’ve done the same thing when I find jewelry because it’s the right thing. Would you turn them in?

Extrodinarily bad karma to not to do everything one can to return found objects to their rightful owners. 

I've always tried to do the right thing, even if it costs me money.

Karma has a way of evening things out in the end.

57 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

I’ll contribute a pussy post. Sometimes we need to hear the good stuff that rarely gets reported.

so.... I was at the water park this weekend. I went to the restroom to wash my hands and put lotion on. I took off my rings worth about $5k (not much, but not a little). You know the story.... I left them there. As I drove away, I realized I didn’t have them. I went back thinking someone probably had their lucky day. However, one of the employees found them and put them in the safe. I was soooooooo happy. I’ve done the same thing when I find jewelry because it’s the right thing. Would you turn them in?

Oh, and one of my faves picked up my favorite beverage for me yesterday too:wub:

Do you have a feel good story, so we can pussy up the board some more?

So what's your favorite beverage?

I turn things in too. A lot of the time it isn't the actual worth of the object. It is the sentimental value. A ring can be replaced but it is never the same. The good memory is gone forever.

I make every effort to get lost or misplaced items back to original owners. It's the right thing to do.

I remember reading about a football player who lost his Super Bowl ring the same way (left at a sink in a bathroom), and was crushed when it wasn't turned into the restaurant owner.  When it hit the newspaper, he got a call from the guy who found the ring, who said he didn't turn it in to the restaurant or the cops because he didn't trust them.  The guy personally delivered the ring to the player, said he was sorry for the delay, but didn't know how to contact the player until the news story came out and he called the reporter.  The player tried to give him a reward and the fan said he already had been rewarded.

What a great "feel good" story and I am glad to be a part of this community where people do the right thing.  This thread made me smile.  Thanks.

19 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

I’ll contribute a pussy post. Sometimes we need to hear the good stuff that rarely gets reported.

so.... I was at the water park this weekend. I went to the restroom to wash my hands and put lotion on. I took off my rings worth about $5k (not much, but not a little). You know the story.... I left them there. As I drove away, I realized I didn’t have them. I went back thinking someone probably had their lucky day. However, one of the employees found them and put them in the safe. I was soooooooo happy. I’ve done the same thing when I find jewelry because it’s the right thing. Would you turn them in?

Oh, and one of my faves picked up my favorite beverage for me yesterday too:wub:

Do you have a feel good story, so we can pussy up the board some more?

I have a question...........

Were you able to thank the person that actually found your rings? And or, did you get a chance to tip or reward that person?

You know why you got all your things back..............

YOU have great Karma!

What a GREAT story!  It restores my faith in humanity to hear this!  I left my wallet at Coors Field when I was purchasing an adult beverage.  I didn't realize it until the next day.  Yup, my wallet, ALL of my credit cards and my cash was there!  I practically cried.

I've found a couple of purses. One in my front yard which was easy to return. One at the beach which belonged to a tourist. I did manage to track her down though it wasn't easy in pre cell phone days.

On 9/4/2019 at 0:05 PM, pointymoustache said:

So what's your favorite beverage?

Really it’s water, but I do love Grey Goose too. How about you?

This is heartwarming. ❤️. I’m so confused. What we are doing is so wrong, but I’ve met several who responded, and I think you guys are all wonderful. 

I try to return items whenever possible.  I have never found anything of huge value.

Dropping off some shirts at the dry cleaner this past Saturday, the lady working the counter was discussing a transaction with a customer.  While this customer was paying in cash there was a baby in the room, apparently the employee's toddler.  As the customer walked out, the little boy mumbled something to me in baby talk as he handed me a $50 bill he had found.  The mom, who was busy and had not yet helped me did not see her baby handing me the cash.  I alerted the lady, who immediately ran after the gentlema .  Luckily, she found the customer before he started his car.  The customer got back the $50 he apparently dropped and I submitted my own dry cleaning, and then left with the satisfaction of having done a good deed.  😃