TheWhisperer

Review Improvements

40 posts in this topic

We are going to modify the review ratings system, this will occur within the next 30 days. We feel this will be the best balance between the Provider and Reviewer. We are going to drop the ratings 1-10 as well the "Looks" option. We will also be removing the Looks and Service Average rating on the photo ads. The main line of the reviews will consist of:

Providers Name, Service, #, Date

"Service" will be defined as "Service Delivered as Expected"

The reviewers response options will be "Yes, No, So-So, No-Show, Rip-Off"

We will add the following question "Would I see this provider again?

The reviewers response options will be "Yes, No, Maybe"

Any existing review in the system at the time of the modification will be converted using the following formula -

"Service ratings" 7-10 will be changed to "Yes", 6 will be changed to "So-So", 1-5 will be changed to "No", 0 will be changed to "No-Show" or "Rip-Off" based on reviewers entry in that field

"Would I see this provider again?" Based on Service ratings 7-10 will be changed to "Yes", 6 will be changed to "Maybe", 0-5 will be changed to "No"

If after the modification a reviewer is not happy with their conversion, they may contact us:)

Glad to hear it.  I'm anxious to see how it will work in practice.

I didn't mind the previous scale, but it would've taken a very long time to get the true averages.  This new system is definitely a step in the right direction!

36 minutes ago, Laplace said:

applause2.gif

^^ What more can I say?  Definite improvement.

Not to interrupt a good ovation, but eliminating looks altogether? I strongly believe there is a place for whether photos are accurate and general representation in ads is accurate.  If she advertises 5'7" 125lbs and 30 years with photos that match, but when the door opens to 5'2" 175 lbs and 50 years ...... there needs to be somewhere to account for. If you are eliminating "looks" altogether does the above just roll into met service expectations??? Do I miss something?

18 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Not to interrupt a good ovation, but eliminating looks altogether? I strongly believe there is a place for whether photos are accurate and general representation in ads is accurate.  If she advertises 5'7" 125lbs and 30 years with photos that match, but when the door opens to 5'2" 175 lbs and 50 years ...... there needs to be somewhere to account for. If you are eliminating "looks" altogether does the above just roll into met service expectations??? Do I miss something?

It depends on whether you bother to read reviews, or just rely on the Cliff Notes version. I would say yes, looks fall into expectations. But also any serious discrepancy between advertised looks and reality should be covered in the discourse section of a review. 

17 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

It depends on whether you bother to read reviews, or just rely on the Cliff Notes version. I would say yes, looks fall into expectations. But also any serious discrepancy between advertised looks and reality should be covered in the discourse section of a review. 

This depends if the reviewer bothers to actually write a review or instead writes a Cliff Note.

36 minutes ago, inkspot said:

This depends if the reviewer bothers to actually write a review or instead writes a Cliff Note.

Perhaps instead of Cliff Notes I should have said "... the index entry" referring to the one-liner which used to include the Service(0-10) and Looks (0-10) fields.

But I agree, some reviewers write 3 sentence (Vedi. Veci. Veni.)* reviews.  Others write Penthouse short stories, with blow-by-blow descriptions of events.  I prefer a compromise between the two.  I don't need to know the details of what occurred, but I do want a flavor of how it happened (friendly, rushed, etc.)

* Apologies to Julius

I don't like new field would I see this Provider again. My phone already gets blowed up with "Hey wanna play?" I can see that one causing problems as in "But you said in your review you would" Just sayin.

10 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

My phone already gets blowed up with "Hey wanna play?" 

That's kinda cool, actually. I'm a little jealous.

But that's why if I were relying on reviews, I would want to know the answer to that question from a reviewer such as yourself; a man with choices.

11 minutes ago, Raoul said:

That's kinda cool, actually. I'm a little jealous.

But that's why if I were relying on reviews, I would want to know the answer to that question from a reviewer such as yourself; a man with choices.

Choices and a wallet much fatter than mine obviously.  My phone only blows up at the beginning of every month when they know my welfare check has arrived!  :cool:

19 minutes ago, Raoul said:

Recent experience dictates that's saying "NO" can be interpreted as rejection. I don't like rejection. The other parts of the review already would say enough, why grind it in. Let reviewer state in their review..."Will not repeat".

I've always felt the "Looks" rating was subjective and unnecessary. I also felt it was demeaning to the YL's  to be subjected to this rating category. I have no issue with the Service Rating since that has to do with attitude, enthusiasm, menu, timeliness and skill level..which, if done properly, should be the reason for repeat business. 

I applaud the new rating system and am encouraged that the mods are listening to feedback.

Whisperer did not say that they were deleting the "Pictures accurate" section, so I assume it will still be in, along with the profile information on age, weight, and other little white lies.  Therefore I would assume all that remains as part of the review.  If that is the case, I like the new ideas, always hated the numbers.

13 minutes ago, Badboy said:

Whisperer did not say that they were deleting the "Pictures accurate" section, so I assume it will still be in, along with the profile information on age, weight, and other little white lies.  Therefore I would assume all that remains as part of the review.  If that is the case, I like the new ideas, always hated the numbers.

You are corrct, that and those will remain

These sound like promising changes. 

Any thoughts on allowing the reviewer to post a link to how they located the provider? In the previous version of the board, that always was helpful in providing a bit more information while researching. 

Thanks -Y

1 hour ago, Yogi said:

These sound like promising changes. 

Any thoughts on allowing the reviewer to post a link to how they located the provider? In the previous version of the board, that always was helpful in providing a bit more information while researching. 

Thanks -Y

What do you mean? Right now, There is a field where the reviewer can place the website ad link where they located the provider on.

Generally good changes.   The number system was good in theory but was simply not working due to the conversion of old reviews and general inflation of 10s. Now the actual content of the review will mean more for those willing to do their homework.

15 hours ago, Badboy said:

A "Pictures Accurate" section would suffice IMHO rather than a "Looks" rating that is subjective and rarely a fair assessment of the YL. Perhaps the intention of the "Looks" rating system in the first place was to determine whether the pictures in the YL's ads were her or fake or if they were taken recently or over a decade ago. If that was the intention, then the updated system will be a more accurate representation of "Looks".

Otherwise, "Looks" as it formerly was, had a tendency to be nebulous by definition and unfortunately subjective and demeaning. I found it interesting that if the reviewer wasn't satisfied with the YL's service overall his "Looks" rating tended to be lower and at the same time the more the reviewer enjoyed the session, the higher the "Looks" rating tended to be.

2 hours ago, MrBigShot said:

A "Pictures Accurate" section would suffice

I agree with you 100%.  Beauty, like humor, is totally subjective. My idea of a perfect 10 is probably completely different from anyone else here and, to be honest, the experience can change my opinion of a person's looks. 

On 4/13/2016 at 4:02 PM, fishndude57 said:

I don't like new field would I see this Provider again. My phone already gets blowed up with "Hey wanna play?" I can see that one causing problems as in "But you said in your review you would" Just sayin.

Could change from "would you see this provider again" to---> Would I recommend this Provider

I don't mind losing the numbers system.  But I hope there will still be a place to designate the specific services provided.  "Services delivered as expected" doesn't mean much if you don't know what to expect in the first place.

On 4/15/2016 at 8:38 PM, Kaduk said:

Could change from "would you see this provider again" to---> Would I recommend this Provider

Agreed - along with "Are Pictures Accurate."

I'm with Paul hope to have a section for consenting adult activities also I would like to see the donation given back in the reviews

4 hours ago, Paul Pudenda said:

I don't mind losing the numbers system.  But I hope there will still be a place to designate the specific services provided.  "Services delivered as expected" doesn't mean much if you don't know what to expect in the first place.

3 hours ago, Studman said:

I'm with Paul hope to have a section for consenting adult activities also I would like to see the donation given back in the reviews

Yes, Consenting Adult Activities will remain

3 minutes ago, TheWhisperer said:

Yes, Consenting Adult Activities will remain

Outstanding!  If only they were specified all the time!