Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
misstorie

Mexican restaurants

27 posts in this topic

Hey everyone... was wondering if anyone can recommend a nice authentic mexican restaurant in the DTC area ..been craving it ..lol thanks Torie

I hope not to sound like too big of a freak as I may rant a little bit;)!

I know of no "authentic" mexican food in dtc. but maybe someone else may? I have eaten at many authentic mexican food places on federal blvd and colfax ave. and many in other areas of Denver. the key is you have to go to the neighborhoods where there are much less gringos!

my take on authentic is this. minimal, if any, english is spoken. cash only. a taco is carne asada and not a hard shell taco. you get an option of buche/cabeza/lengua as a choice of meats. and horchata, limon, or tamarind is a choice for drinks.

also CO Mexican is different from CALI Mexican food. green chilli and red chilli is the big difference. as well is the choice of tortillas and chesses we use.

I hope you are able to find something. and I'm sorry I couldn't help you out. but maybe this will get the ball rolling for peoples thoughts on good places to eat in dtc or other areas?!? best of luck!

I see that you come from Los Angeles, and thus you are used to the best Mexican food on the planet. Denver simply does not compare. For bad Mexican food and a neat diving show, you go to Casa Grande, where everyone should at least go ONCE, but probably never again. I wish I could help on your question. I like your stage name, by the way. Clever. :D

I see that you come from Los Angeles, and thus you are used to the best Mexican food on the planet. Denver simply does not compare. For bad Mexican food and a neat diving show, you go to Casa Grande, where everyone should at least go ONCE, but probably never again. I wish I could help on your question. I like your stage name, by the way. Clever. :D

My reccomendation? Drive to Albuquerque for some real "New Mexican" cuisine. It beats anything here in Denver, hands down. Too far to go? Eat at Taco Bell. It's as close to Mexico and Mexican food you will get here...

For those who don't want to drive to New Mexico, there's Little Anita's Restaurant on Yosemite south of Arapahoe, OR Jack N Grill in Littleton and Westminster. Both are excellent New Mexican restaurants with authentic New Mexican food and roots.

The Wise Old Owl

Who says you can't eat well on a budget?

I am going to stick up CO Mexican food! Try amigos next to the post office Dayton. They are mostly a breakfast and lunch place. Not sure how late they stay open. No flash but the food iis good. I think CA Mexican is best represented by Casa Bonita.

For bad Mexican food and a neat diving show, you go to Casa Grande, where everyone should at least go ONCE, but probably never again.

You mean Casa Bonita? They keep it dark in there for a reason...

One of my YL friends just turned me on to Las Tortas, although not in DTC.

Well, Pueblo gets a look down lots of snoots for a variety of occasionally good reasons ...... but, if you want some very good Mexican food take a drive down south. Several possiblities .. Romeros, Nachos, Cactus Flower. And while in the southern (better) half of state ............. heh, heh:D

Never thought I'd see a post on here that would make me crave something other than the usual menu on here :P

No where near the dtc but at Mississippi and tejon is my favorite hole in the wall tequria called La noria.

Omg thanks for all of the great input ..i have to try a few of those but yes you guys are right nothing compares to cali when it come to great mexican food...would love a great margarita? Thanks again [snip]

Edited by Kaduk
specifics....

I'm from Cali and my favorite Mexican restaurant is Guadalajara on 72nd just east of Federal in Westminster. It's a drive from DTC but it's worth it.

"Los Arcos" @ S Yosemite and Kimmer in Lone Tree just S of Park Meadows... tell waiter how you like it...

La Loma

Las Delicias

La Fogata

El Tejado

El Jardin

Taco Mex

Ajuua

In the DTC- Park Meadows area my favorites are: The Rio Grande, Hacienda Colorado and Brewery Bar. In my opinion, The Rio has the best margaritas in Denver.

I go by the Denver Westword Best of 2015 Best Food & Drink. They have different categories such as Best Margarita, Best Tamales, Best Green Chile, etc.

The actually are a couple that are decent although one is New Mexican as in from New Mexico. 'Lil Anitas is just around the bend from East Arapahoe Rd and south on South Yosemite. It is in the plaza with The Egg & I but is at the far end. Also on the other side of I-25 on the north side is El Tapatio (sp?) Turn at the light where The Home Depot is and double back to the corner. It is in a former Bennigan's building right on the corner.

For cryin' out loud the girl has probably STARVED by now!!!!!!

Because people keep making posts in this thread that add no value? :rolleyes:

I go by the Denver Westword Best of 2015 Best Food & Drink. They have different categories such as Best Margarita, Best Tamales, Best Green Chile, etc.

But the winners of that contest are usually...........Westword advertisers.

Because people keep making posts in this thread that add no value? :rolleyes:

touche' :P