Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

When things go medically awry...

40 posts in this topic

To make a long story short...

Had a gentleman who's blood sugar crashed during a session. Was able to help him out with soda and candy but it got me to thinking "what if"! :eek:

So, if things *had* gone medically downhill from there, who do I call? :confused:

• Significant Other
  • Ghost Busters

I would say 911. Saving the persons life is far more important that whether or not he gets caught with his pants down. I doubt anyone would question you about why he was there, and if they did you can say either he was there for a massage or you can say, I just met the guy in the bar. The last thing on my mind is going to be a cover story.

Guys, if you have health concerns, please let the ladies know. Recently I went on a trip with a wonderful man, who instructed me on who, what, where and how. I was grateful to have the info. Another gent informed he that he had health concerns and asked me to call 911 if anything were to happen and to forget about the SO etc, just save his life.

This has been discussed before, and as I recall, there really wasn't a great answer. Since his life is involved, I would call (or hope someone would call) 911 for me!

Just roll me out into the hallway and I'll do the 'splainin to the SO :D

To make a long story short...

Had a gentleman who's blood sugar crashed during a session. Was able to help him out with soda and candy but it got me to thinking "what if"! :eek:

So, if things *had* gone medically downhill from there, who do I call? :confused:

• Significant Other
  • Ghost Busters

How far downhill??? People pass out all the time for a variety of reasons. If they can be quickly revived and/or are capable of letting you know for instance that all they need is just a little sugar you wouldn't need to call anyone.

For those truly downhill emergency situations the two most important things you need to keep an eye on is breath and pulse. Keeping those two going is primary, and because it affects those two, stopping massive blood loss is up there at the top of the list.

Everyone is going to react differently in such situations but as for me I'd be doing whatever needed to be done while at the same time calling 911 for backup.

Passed out but good strong pulse and regular breathing...yea I guess you could call his SO to come pick him up.:D

...Careful Hobbying...:P

...Crazy Horse...

There are several here in the provider group that I know/are certified cpr. Although I did let mine slide so I need to recertify before I can really say -card carrying. I think it is not a bad idea to know basic first aid, cpr and what to do when someone is going into a diabetic "crash".

The real "test" happens when you are suddenly called upon to use your "skills".

Justina,

I have been looking for a woman that can knock me out with her skills...I think if that ever happens to me you can just know I died happy.:D

Ghostbusters!!!! :D I just spit out my water

Ghostbusters!!!! :D

Of course - who else do you think can reconnect her client's ectoplasm with his protoplasm? 👻

The right answer of course is 911. They don't care what you were doing except as it is medically pertinent. Having to deal with SO (or other) fallout afterwards is one of the risks we take when we engage in our activities.

As one who died 'in the saddle' was wont to say, "Be careful out there."

There are several here in the provider group that I know/are certified cpr. Although I did let mine slide so I need to recertify before I can really say -card carrying. I think it is not a bad idea to know basic first aid, cpr and what to do when someone is going into a diabetic "crash".

The real "test" happens when you are suddenly called upon to use your "skills".

This is actually some great advice! I used to be Combat Life Saver Certified in the Military but that expired YEARS ago. Plus, I don't have a CLS bag anymore so what good does that do when I don't have the needles to open a lung back up? Oh wait...

I think my biggest "what if scenario" I had in my head was a heart attack. I think rolling your ass into the hall (per BBB's suggestion) might be morally wrong. LOL

I think it's time to take a class to update CPR training and the likes. Never hurts to practice "mouth to mouth". ;)

I always said that I want to leave this world the same way I entered it: Naked, screaming, and in a 23-year-old vagina (sorry Mom).:D

thankfully I am CPR and first aid certified since I work as an aerobics instructor. Never hurts to be prepared. Now that you posted this Justina, I will make it a point to keep snacks with me for situations such as this!

And maybe a little first aid kit. Sex can be dangerous sometimes:p:p

I chuckle every time I read the original post. And BBB, I would never leave just throw you (or anyone else) out in the hallway! You are silly

Many years ago, in a CPR class, the instructors stressed Calling 911 first.

Regardless of your level of expertise in giving medical assistance, once you start, it can be hard to get to a phone.

The question remains, at what point do you make the call.

What level of distress is my partner in?

If you do the mental exercise of "What I would do if...............",

you're halfway there, because you will be somewhat mentally prepared.

As a courtesy, it would be nice to let your partner know if you have any medical conditions that might produce the above mentioned conditions.

AS for me, ladies, the next time I say "what's your name again",

don't drag me to the floor and start pounding on my chest.

Old age forgetfulness does not require EMS.

Johnboy#1

I do let my partners know about my necklace w/nitro tabs (it has instructions for use) AND if I have taken ED enchancemect meds (with my Dr's approval) which would preclude the use of nitro. I have never needed it, but you never know...

Oooow, you are playing with fire. You better get the medical release form signed and posted above your play bed.:eek::D

I do let my partners know about my necklace w/nitro tabs (it has instructions for use) AND if I have taken ED enchancemect meds (with my Dr's approval) which would preclude the use of nitro. I have never needed it, but you never know...

911 - 911 - 911, any other phone call is a waste of time if life is in the balance. If a provider really wanted to step up there game in this area, besides CPR certification they would carry a portable AED. You might actually have have a chance of saving someone with that machine.

Why are the responses putting the hookers as responsible for the health of the john? The John is responsible for his own health and should be aware of what may happen and take appropriate action. The hookers only needs to know to call 911 and let the chips fall where they may. They are not medical professionals (some may be) and could put themselves in legal jeopardy. I don't think hooking is covered.

Why are the responses putting the hookers as responsible for the health of the john? The John is responsible for his own health and should be aware of what may happen and take appropriate action. ...

I do not see the responses on this thread placing any more responsibility on the YL than would be placed on the shoulders of someone standing next to you when you have a medical incident. I would think any action taken to preserve life would be covered under Good Samaritan statutes. No one has seriously suggested that the YL should put hiding their activity (or the YL's involvement) above saving the client's life. Disclosure of potential problems & suggesting possible solutions is about as far as most clients need to go. Beyond that? S**t happens.

Oooow, you are playing with fire. You better get the medical release form signed and posted above your play bed.:eek::D

I don't need a sign. The 8" scar down the middle of my chest takes care of that.

on my screening form, I always asked about medical conditions...as it gives me a choice if i want to take a chance with certain medical issues (pacemakers, epilepsy etc.) In any emergency, 911 is my go to. Discretion takes a back seat to someone's life. Any gent with known issues, plays at their own risk and needs to take responsibility for their own health and disclose prior to playtime.

Had it happen to me once some years ago. Was seeing a domme, and little did I know, was severely anemic at the time (like almost no red blood cells). Luckily, she was a strong woman and was able to get me down, and I came around seconds later.

I always said that I want to leave this world the same way I entered it: Naked, screaming, and in a 23-year-old vagina (sorry Mom).:D

ok you win for laugh of the day.

Many years ago, in a CPR class, the instructors stressed Calling 911 first.

Regardless of your level of expertise in giving medical assistance, once you start, it can be hard to get to a phone.

The question remains, at what point do you make the call.

What level of distress is my partner in?

If you do the mental exercise of "What I would do if...............",

you're halfway there, because you will be somewhat mentally prepared.

As a courtesy, it would be nice to let your partner know if you have any medical conditions that might produce the above mentioned conditions.

AS for me, ladies, the next time I say "what's your name again",

don't drag me to the floor and start pounding on my chest.

Old age forgetfulness does not require EMS.

Johnboy#1

I remember when this was discussed and a provider answered that she would pull him off the bed and onto the floor and i was thinking first, ouch! And then I was thinking, wtf? You want to help him, not hurt him more.

I'm hoping to hear from more guys here bc as I remember, there were a variety of answers and would like to see if things have changed.

ok you win for laugh of the day.

she would pull him off the bed and onto the floor and i was thinking first, ouch! And then I was thinking, wtf? You want to help him, not hurt him more.

I remember the instructor saying;"Never perform CPR on a bed. You need a hard surface for the compressions to work. Get the victim on the floor asap.

on my screening form, I always asked about medical conditions...as it gives me a choice if i want to take a chance with certain medical issues (pacemakers, epilepsy etc.) In any emergency, 911 is my go to. Discretion takes a back seat to someone's life. Any gent with known issues, plays at their own risk and needs to take responsibility for their own health and disclose prior to playtime.

This is a great idea. I was actually debating about adding it to my form. :)

I remember the instructor saying;"Never perform CPR on a bed. You need a hard surface for the compressions to work. Get the victim on the floor asap.

Makes perfect sense!

This is actually some great advice! I used to be Combat Life Saver Certified in the Military but that expired YEARS ago. Plus, I don't have a CLS bag anymore so what good does that do when I don't have the needles to open a lung back up? Oh wait...

I think my biggest "what if scenario" I had in my head was a heart attack. I think rolling your ass into the hall (per BBB's suggestion) might be morally wrong. LOL

I think it's time to take a class to update CPR training and the likes. Never hurts to practice "mouth to mouth". ;)

This moral dilemma is really easy to fix. roll him into the elevator and push the lobby button. :D

careful with the use of the word "never". totally depends on the circumstances: size of victim/assistant, distance to floor, hardness/softness of bed. So a decision has to be made about whether to spend time trying to pull a 300 pound person to the floor or to immediately begin chest compressions. Each individual needs to weigh the circumstances. I'm prepared if something happens.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1344081-overview

personally I tend to take the ho's advice:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1477674/were-doing-cpr-all-wrong-canadian-doctor-suggests/

This topic has been beaten to death. Please use the search function.:cool: