Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest doubleuj

Canceling Appointment due to something coming up

31 posts in this topic

A few times I have scheduled with an ASP and something came up where I had to go help a friend last minute...(Ex. A friend needed a ride from the bar or a friend stopped by needing to talk all of the sudden) I gave the ASP as much notice as I could and let her know what happened. I always feel bad when I have to cancel and would hope the ASP understood.

Today, I made an appointment with an ASP who I really wanted to see. I've seen her once before and reminded her of that when I called her, so she didn't ask for referances. 15 mintutes after booking, I missed a call from her and then called her back right away. She said "I am sorry, but I can't see you because I have to go help a friend."

Do you think this is just a coincidence or did she possibly see notes from another provider and think she was getting back at me for having to cancel with them?:confused:

I of course told her I understood and hoped everything was ok. Hopefully, I will be able to see her again sometime.

I'm sure that my response will not be popular with the ladies or the gents. To answer your question though, I would like to think that it is a coincidence. I would hate to think that any of us ladies or men are that trivial or immature. Who knows, maybe something did come up.

You mentioned that you gave the ladies as much notice as you could. I am assuming that with the reasons that you listed (a friend needing a ride etc.), that you notified the ladies "last minute". I could be wrong since you did not specify.:confused: Neither of these are reasons to cancel an appointment last minute IMO. If you cancel a few hours ahead, yes ok. To me a reason to cancel within the hour of an appointment would be, I got in a car accident, the nurse just called and I have to pick up my kid, my mom was just rushed to the hospital. Maybe I am judgemental, this is just how I treat individuals in the service industry.

Here's the deal: Y'all seem to get horny and want appointments at the same exact time. There is a chance that these ladies turned down other appointments for the same time that you canceled "because something came up".

Try not to take it too personal.

Ex. A friend needed a ride from the bar or a friend stopped by needing to talk all of the sudden.

These are lame reasons to cancel an appointment, in my opinion. I'm guessing that if you had an appointment with a dentist, lawyer, insurance agent, or another friend, you probably wouldn't cancel. I think a needy friend (not an emergency) can wait a couple hours while the previously scheduled appointment is honored.

It's unlikely that the girl cancelled on you as a payback. She's probably more concerned with making money, than being petty. :cool:

Don't read anythiing into it! I have a few favorites and many times schedules conflict and last minute things come up - either on my end or theirs - end result when we finally get together it is simply AWESOME! Sometimes it takes a couple weeks before we finally get together!

Things happen with everyone - sometimes more than once - but I always make it up with gifts or wine - sometimes a dinner! You dont always need to be in a rush - and if things don't work out with her - then move on!

You can't get too personal in this hobby!

Be safe and have fun!

I had an appointment scheduled with a provider yesterday at 4:30 PM. She sent me a confirmation email in the morning which I replied to. I called her at 2:00 and left her a message. I sent her another email-did not get a reply. At 3:20 I sent her another email to let her know that I had not heard from her and that there was not much time left to know if we were going to meet. She sent me an email at 7:30 PM saying that something had come up and she was sorry about what had happened. If she was not a reputable provider, I would have been very upset. Perhaps something important had come up-not an excuse for not letting me know that she could not make it. So, this happens on both sides.

Bottom line....both the ladies and gents have personal lives and keep this hobby secert from friends and family. Things happen...and a quick discreet message to cancel..be it text or voice..before the session ( not after ) is the way to go.

That said...you could have told your buddy that you can pick him up at the bar after your "dental appointment " that you just arrived at.

If you continue cancelling appointments for the silly reasons you mentioned in your post, you will get a reputation as a time waster and have a more difficult time scheduling with quality ladies. If you make an appointment be a man of your word and show up. An emergency is one thing but the reasons you listed for canceling seem like somebody who was looking for any excuse to not follow through.

May be the real reason was that the dog ate her pussy,I mean her homework.

Ex. A friend needed a ride from the bar or a friend stopped by needing to talk all of the sudden

Good god what lame excuses...

I believe in Karma. You may never know the real reason for the canceled appointment, but here is my opinion.

Your reasons for canceling are poor excuses and inconvenient for a providers schedule. On the flip side, poor excuses for a hobbyist as well.

Sounds like you haven't been as respectful with providers and their time as you should have been.

You just experienced some Karma coming back on you.

Respect is a two way street :)

Nobody gives a shit why you canceled (your friend needs to be bailed out of jail, your cat has a cold, etc.) The fact is THAT you canceled, thus depriving her of an income counted on. Grow a pair, stop crying, and show up for your appointments.

Nobody gives a shit why you canceled (your friend needs to be bailed out of jail, your cat has a cold, etc.) The fact is THAT you canceled, thus depriving her of an income counted on. Grow a pair, stop crying, and show up for your appointments.

Why 2Big that's almost nice of you!! I agree with you too.

Who is this, and what did you do with 2Big???

Why 2Big that's almost nice of you!! I agree with you too.

While you may feel like he's being nice to you ladies and showing respect for your time, please do notice how grumpy he was towards the OP. (Not that I was any nicer!) Same old 2B, just targeting his ire in a different direction

I apologize if people feel these are lame excuses and respect everyones opinion. The couple times this happened the reason I gave the provider wasn't an excuse it was the truth. Bottom line is my friends come first. I let the provider know right away with plenty of notice so hopefully she could book more appointments. I have never ncns a lady and show up for appts 99% of the time. No one is perfect.

If the provider canceling on me was karma then oh well. All I can do is be understanding that she had to cancel for whatever reason and be thankful she let me know instead of a ncns.

While you may feel like he's being nice to you ladies and showing respect for your time, please do notice how grumpy he was towards the OP. (Not that I was any nicer!) Same old 2B, just targeting his ire in a different direction

LOL did I forget the sarcasm font?? Occasionally among the steamy piles 2Big leaves out drops a little nugget of wisdom.

I had to go help a friend last minute...(Ex. A friend needed a ride from the bar or a friend stopped by needing to talk all of the sudden)

Completely understandable. Right up there with "I have to wash my hair." :rolleyes:

LOL did I forget the sarcasm font?? Occasionally among the steamy piles 2Big leaves out drops a little nugget of wisdom.

More often then not those piles do have an all too true nugget in them.

Do you think this is just a coincidence or did she possibly see notes from another provider and think she was getting back at me for having to cancel with them?:confused:

No hooker is gonna turn down $ to get back at you for canceling on someone else. All issues regarding girls flaking on you can be explained with 3 simple words: Bitches Be Triflin.

No hooker is gonna turn down $ to get back at you for canceling on someone else. All issues regarding girls flaking on you can be explained with 3 simple words: Bitches Be Triflin.

They will if there are 2 others on the line that do not have a history of flaking. For myself, I will turn it down without having 2 others on the line. Why spend 2 hours bathing, finding perfect outfit, preparing incall with candles and romance only to be stood up? :confused::confused: I would rather save the aggravation, and do something productive. A good portion of us are not desperate, and are selective. LOL

More often then not those piles do have an all too true nugget in them.

+1 on that. They just need a more polished delivery to make them palitable to the general public.

This thing works both ways. Last minute appt. cancellations happen and it is a pain for everyone involved. I have only had to cancel due to something that came up twice in all the years I have been involved. I have been cancelled on more than once though. Sometimes without notice. If an emergency does arise why can't the lady send a text message if unable to actually call. We all use our phones constantly and so no big deal unless it is your emergency and you can't. most of the time it is for someone else or maybe you just don't want to go to work that day like all of us occ. do. Just text or call

big horse mentioned the time periods that this reputable provider got back to him. many hours after his appt. and even though he texted her several times. I am going to bet that she was using her phone during that time but just did not see fit to get back to him with a text or call that would have taken less than a minute to do. When this happens to me and I find out it was not an actual emergency to the lady herself this is the same as a no show and I won't ever see her again.

Why spend 2 hours bathing, finding perfect outfit, preparing incall with candles and romance

Take a 10 minute shower, throw a clean sheet on the mattress, have the baby wipes ready - bingo! I just reduced your operating costs by 85%. You're welcome.:cool:

every time something came up in my situation, i'd make a call and say " sorry, i can't make it"

100% of the time the girls were cool with that and very understanding.

i personally extend the same curtsey.

Take a 10 minute shower, throw a clean sheet on the mattress, have the baby wipes ready - bingo! I just reduced your operating costs by 85%. You're welcome.:cool:

Gotta say, this is more my style than the candles/special outfit thing. Unless it was a specific client request, of course.

I apologize if people feel these are lame excuses and respect everyones opinion. The couple times this happened the reason I gave the provider wasn't an excuse it was the truth. Bottom line is my friends come first. I let the provider know right away with plenty of notice so hopefully she could book more appointments. I have never ncns a lady and show up for appts 99% of the time. No one is perfect.

If the provider canceling on me was karma then oh well. All I can do is be understanding that she had to cancel for whatever reason and be thankful she let me know instead of a ncns.

Am with Wendy karma does show it's self.

If you have a history of booking then canceling appointments how do you know you didn't cancel on her and after doing some checking she found this and opted to see someone who hadn't canceled on her before? How do you know for sure she didn't have something come up?

As you have said your friends come first so that makes you a greater cancel risk.

As well as what do you feel is "plenty of notice"? You contact a provider for an appointment and then other contacts come in during the time you are setting the appointment or between the time you made it and then canceled who happen to be looking for that same time frame..

You have admitted to canceling appointments and now it's been done to you seems to me the guilt is getting to you making you self-conscious about your own actions having an affect on you

Hey I could be wrong just call it how in this case I read it...

I've had to can do a few appointment due to having a recall formation for work and some providers have gotten pissed off about it. But what can I do, it's my job and I have to go back. I try to reschedule with the ones that understand but the one that get rude and stuff well I don't bother

I've had to can do a few appointment due to having a recall formation for work and some providers have gotten pissed off about it. But what can I do, it's my job and I have to go back. I try to reschedule with the ones that understand but the one that get rude and stuff well I don't bother

Work is far different then the reasons the OP has given for his cancellations so are the things that come up with family and real emergencies when it comes to friends. I can't speak for any of the other ladies nor would I ever as we are all different and there for handle business differently as well I'm understanding when it comes to a lot of things because things do happen and you can't control them. How ever the OP's reasons and statements to defend his actions are lacking. Feeling that his reasons for canceling are viable and justified while questioning the providers and making his assumptions that he's given enough notice and lacking to take fault yet trying to fault the provider is a double standard.